If Michael wants to tour, I think he should do it with Janet

Madonna doesn't dance nearly as hard as Michael. Niether do people like Tina Turner or even James Brown. They never had the kind of concentration and precisian and control that's needed to perform the kind of dancing Michael does, and that takes it out of you more then anyone here could ever know. Michael is a performing artist and a part of that performance is music, yes, another part is dance, another part is theatrics. You would have just as many people complaining about Michael not dancing as you do now people who complain about him not singing live. It's one or the other at this point. Of course it would be great if Michael could still sing while dancing like mad at the same time, but it's an unrealistic and unfair expectation. A vast majority of people who go to Michael's concerts will tell you it's because they want to see him move, they want to see him just in general, they want to see him perform. It's not just about pure singing with Michael, it's about the overall package. Although you could take him as a pure singer, a pure dancer, etc... but he's all of those things and he combines them on stage to put on a performance, not just a concert. Not everybody is going to be happy with what he decides to do. But any one of his talents is huge enough to carry an entire show on it's own, and that's what makes him so immensley talented. The fact that his talent in each of those areas is big enough to make it the primary foucus of a full length show. It is what it is. But seeing Michael dance live is a very real treat to a lot of people, me included. As would be hearing him sing live. But saying you could just watch his videos to see him dance, the same argument could be turned around on you and people could say, I can just listen to his records to hear him sing, I want to see him dance live. Michael is too talented for his own good in this situation because each of his talents is big enough for people to have a demand for each.
As always you are once again right:agree:

wannabestartinsomthin21 Correct!

I too wanna see him dance of course, I just hope and wish sooo much that he will be singing live while doing it.

At the end of the day, the majority of people who will buy tickets to a Michael Jackson concert will do so because they want to see Michael Jackson sing. If Mike mimes a large portion of the concert (even half the songs) people will be complaining on the way out and it will be another knock back to his career and further damage his legacy.

Well said. And the main reason Michael is a music icon is because of his music he sings, he it doesn't make any sense to say Michael's more famous for his dancing and people only want to see Michael dance. People want to see both. And as Slash said, 50% of Michael's genius is his dancing, so a large chunk of his genius is missing when he lip-syncs.

Im not speaking about a choreographed dance, ok?, im talking about MJ's own characteristical dance moves, of course he is a singer, but not just one more average singer, come on, he is not the icon he is because of being just a singer, which is not bad, but Michael Jackson is more then that, he is a trademark, an icon, come on, what you all talking about, ok whatever, just saying my thoughts

My thought on the OP is this:

Michael should first tour by himself and give his fans the full on concert. As well as show the world that he is still the #1 entertainer!!!

Then, if he wants to add Janet or his brothers for another tour, it would be a great tour as well and he could take it a little easy. JMHO

If Mike mimes a large portion of the concert (even half the songs) people will be complaining on the way out and it will be another knock back to his career and further damage his legacy.
i doubt most of the gen public would even know the difference especially when its in a stadium environment.and at the time of the concert i doubt most fans care because they are enjoying to much the fact they are at a show. the media will rip mj however he performs. i think its more of an issue with you which is fine u hate miming but u are imo trying to make it a bigger deal than it would be to others because of the way u feel.

re the question janet has just toured and ppl go to see mj they dont go to see janet even when ive attended janet shows in the uk i saw more mj t.shirts than janet ones.so i dont see the point unless she wants to be the support act. that would be good.

MJ can't win no matter what he does

If he lip syncs people will complain about that but if he did sing and dance at the same time people will say ''His voice is always out of breath and sounds bad''

So he can't win either way lol

MJ can't win no matter what he does

If he lip syncs people will complain about that but if he did sing and dance at the same time people will say ''His voice is always out of breath and sounds bad''

So he can't win either way lol

I don't think you are right about that. If he did it all live, he sure would have to have more slow songs - but that would still be great, imagine Little Susie live with a great live show. MJ sitting on a chair singing (live) and actors creating the story of the song around him! - NICE!

Sure some songs will be hard, but Billie Jean, while singing there's not much dance, in the end of the song there's no singing at all, but hell great dancing! - So people wouldn't hear he was out of breath!

James Brown could do it - he never "sang" playback!! And he danced a lot!

All I hope is that MJ will sing LIVE! also Give in to me - great song live, not very hard to perform!

Back