If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

How do y'all cope with the constant accusations? Any time I watch some positive thing about Michael, there's always at least one person leaving a comment about how convinced they are that he did these awful things. And it's so painful.

When I was a child, I defended him without question or hesitation. I fully believed with all my heart that there's no way he could have done what he was accused of.

As an adult, though, I feel as though I have come to understand that you never really know a person, and that anyone is capable of anything. I want to believe that he is innocent of all that he's been accused of. I also don't want to be harmful to people who have experienced CSA and not been believed by vehemently denying that such a public figure could be capable of such a thing just because of how much I love and trust him.

It is a core value of mine to not be harmful. Michael and the beauty he has brought to the world are fundamental to my identity, as they played a huge part in my development as a child.

How does a person reconcile those two things? How do y'all cope? I'm asking because it kind of tears me up inside. I ask on this thread because its title is the exact question I ask myself every time I see someone comment condemning him.

I just have some cognitive dissonance about this and I'm hoping to see how others are handling it.
I was very conflicted after watching LN. A normal person can’t comprehend how someone can lie about this stuff. But after I did the research (and I really went down the rabbit hole) I started to see how dishonest everything about all the allegations was. That really helped me.

I was very conflicted after watching LN. A normal person can’t comprehend how someone can lie about this stuff. But after I did the research (and I really went down the rabbit hole) I started to see how dishonest everything about all the allegations was. That really helped me.
I haven't even watched LN 😩. I probably won't either. I've heard enough about it to know that it's probably all lies.

Thanks for responding ☺️. I probably won't go down the rabbit hole any further than I already have just to protect what little peace I've gathered since last night. But it's comforting to hear that I'm not the only one who feels / felt conflicted at times.

Also, unrelated, but I adore your username ☺️. Very clever.

Both Hamas and Israel massacre children in the thousands and both still find support all over the world. Let that sink in…

I haven't even watched LN 😩. I probably won't either. I've heard enough about it to know that it's probably all lies.

Thanks for responding ☺️. I probably won't go down the rabbit hole any further than I already have just to protect what little peace I've gathered since last night. But it's comforting to hear that I'm not the only one who feels / felt conflicted at times.

Also, unrelated, but I adore your username ☺️. Very clever.
Don’t watch it, it’s so manipulative and puts scenes in your head that you don’t want to have.
❤️🤓The Librarian

I'm not sure what you are trying to say with this?
That people are able to support some of the greatest atrocities without feeling any shame.

It’s probably me saying I would still listen to his music but I’d stop visiting this place and heap praise on him. The general consensus is that it is also what radio stations are doing. They play him but that’s it.

No , I'd hate Michael if he sexually abused a child , it's the most disgusting crime a human could commit - thankfully he's been found innocent.

This is a crazy thread btw

How do y'all cope with the constant accusations?
Just used to it. Let it fly. They know the truth.
When I was a child, I defended him without question or hesitation.
Yes the same & it made me a little bit stronger than before i became a supporter of this man.
I just have some cognitive dissonance about this and I'm hoping to see how others are handling it.
I did question it every day so 2003 /4 the second time he was accused , even began to write possible outcomes in fan fiction to 'prepare' for any worst.
but made my mind up to love unconditionally no matter what because of the same reasons as you ...
Michael and the beauty he has brought to the world are fundamental to my identity, as they played a huge part in my development as a child.
And for that the image he projected & showed the world in his artistry. I'm grateful. Hes actually on my radio now as i finally type this..
Keep the Faith.
gonna cry~

I've always wondered how I would feel if anything incriminating ever came forward about MJ and as a fan if I would still like his music.
I would make a parody of Heal The World.

I would think less of him. I would still listen to the tracks I like, though some would be spoiled for sure. I still appreciate Bill Cosby's work, even though I have zero respect for him as a person. He was America's dad for decades, if you can believe that. I can still listen to R. Kelly no problem.

The knowledge of what these people do in their private lives just adds more info to the database. I know none of them are perfect, and many are filthy and disgusting. But I can separate their work from their personal lives. MJ supported Pepsi. He indirectly did harm children and adults. He made all sorts of investments and promoted all sorts of political criminals doing truly horrendous things to others. It's truly disgusting, but I can still appreciate the man's music.

Both Hamas and Israel massacre children in the thousands and both still find support all over the world. Let that sink in…
This was a horrible example but I do agree with your point. The amount of people who genuinely love and adore R.Kelly and the like is staggering. There will always be a camp of defenders no matter what's going on.

I wouldn't believe it))) It's enough to look into Michael's eyes to understand. That he is not capable of such a thing! The eyes are the mirror of the human soul. I believe Michael. I believe my heart. I have always believed and always will believe

Back