If you could re-shape Invincible...

UMJKtF

Proud Member
Before I start, I just wanted to clear that I absolutely adore Invincible and it has some of my all time favourite tracks on it!
But for my part, I always wondered how well Invincible would have done if the tracklist had been fundamentally changed -
Changing the positioning of songs, adding some unreleased tracks or removing released ones...
Of course I know that Invincible didn't do as well as Michaels other albums mainly due to Sony and the dispute between them, BUT it's fun to speculate and see other opinions on this topic.
So here would be my version of (in my opinion) PERFECT Invincible:

1. Unbreakable
2. She Was Loving Me
3. Heaven Can Wait
4. Another Day
5. You Rock My World
6. The Way You Love Me
7. Blue Gangsta
8. You Are My Life
9. Whatever Happens
10. Speechless
11. We've Had Enough
12. Hollywood Tonight
13. People of the World
14. Xscape

I know that Michael had a tradition of naming the album after songs, which wouldn't be possible because I cut Invincible from the tracklist... In this case I think 'Unbreakable' as the albums title, would've worked pretty well!
Unbreakable, Another Day, TWYLM, YRMW, WHE, Hollywood Tonight, POTW and Xscape could have all been single releases with short-films.
The album would have it's classic Michael-style songs (You Rock My World, The Way You Love Me)
It would have it's rock-anthem (Another Day)
It would have it's earth-based anthem (People of the World)
It would have it's protest anthems (We've Had Enough, Hollywood Tonight)
And I think Xscape is a perfect closing for the album.

I tried to exclude personal taste as much as possible and just thought about what would work the best. Hence why The Lost Children, Privacy or Heartbreaker don't appear on this list, even though I always have a great time listening to these songs...

You are damn right, my friend. But Invincible album without Heartbreaker is not Invincible) This precious song destined to be on this album

Not an exact order but somewhere along these lines

1. Escape / Threatened (I couldn't pick)
2. Heartbreaker
3. You Rock My World
4. Break of Dawn
5. Heaven Can Wait
6. She Was Loving Me
7. Butterflies
8. Whatever Happens
10. One More Chance
9. We've Had Enough
10. Unbreakable (remove Biggies verse)

Unbreakable
Heartbreaker
Invincible
Chicago
Break of Dawn
Heaven Can Wait
Place With No Name
Blue Gangsta
Butterflies
You Rock My World
The Way You Love Me
Whatever Happens
Cry
Hollywood Tonight
I Can't Make It Another Day
Xscape

That's Ultimate Track List For Invincible Album

Another Invincible thread. I'm going insane.
intro-1568413327.jpg

Guys, One More Chance and We Have Had Enough were recorded after Invincible album release. So they didn't have a chance to be on this album

Michael Jackson should have included more songs (on the 'Invincible' album) that he worked on with Dr. Freeze (also known as Elliot Straite) because these songs suited him better (in terms of vocals).

In these songs, Michael Jackson's voice sounds more natural, more relaxed, and less strained (another example is 'A Place With No Name', which should have also been on that album).
Guys, One More Chance and We Have Had Enough were recorded after Invincible album release. So they didn't have a chance to be on this album
'We've Had Enough' was actually one of the very first songs that Rodney Jerkins finished for the 'Invincible' album.

1. Unbreakable
2. Heartbreaker
3. Break of Dawn
4. You Rock My World
5. Hollywood Tonight
6. Butterflies
7. Speechless
8. 2000 Watts
9. Shout
10. What More Can I Give Solo Version
11. A Place with No Name
12. We've Had Enough
13. Xscape

Heartbreaker is to Unbreakable, what Shout is to 2000 Watts. They're faster, the next level.
Shout needs clearer, louder vocals.
Xscape is one of the strongest songs from that era.
I'd cut down Unbreakable and Heartbreaker a bit.

Last edited:
  1. Unbreakable
  2. Heartbreaker
  3. Invincible
  4. Break of Dawn
  5. Heaven Can Wait
  6. You Rock My World
  7. Butterflies
  8. Speechless
  9. 2000 Watts
  10. You Are My Life
  11. Privacy
  12. Don’t Walk Away
  13. Cry
  14. The Lost Children
  15. Whatever Happens
  16. Threatened

ESCAPE
  1. Cheater
  2. Rock My World
  3. Hollywood Tonight
  4. Buffalo Bill
  5. Seeing Voices
  6. Speechless
  7. Whatever Happens
  8. Chicago 1945
  9. What More Can I Give
  10. Threatened
  11. She Was Loving Me
  12. Escape

Maybe the whole first page should be Invincible content.

Will aliens destroy earth because of Invincible? Maybe.

Rock my world
Escape
A Place with no name
We've Had Enough
Butterflies
Beautiful Girl
One More Chance
Shout
Another Day
I like the way you love me
I was the Loser
In the Back
Cheater
Heaven Can Wait
Threatened
Whatever Happens

Last edited:
  1. Unbreakable
  2. Heartbreaker
  3. Invincible
  4. Break of Dawn
  5. Heaven Can Wait
  6. You Rock My World
  7. Butterflies
  8. Speechless
  9. 2000 Watts
  10. You Are My Life
  11. Privacy
  12. Don’t Walk Away
  13. Cry
  14. The Lost Children
  15. Whatever Happens
  16. Threatened
👏

Unbreakable
Hollywood Tonight
You Rock My World
Break of Dawn
She Was Loving Me (Kai's Satisfaction Mix)
Heaven Can Wait
Blue Gangsta (Timbaland Mix)
Privacy
Another Day
2000 Watts
Threatened
A Place With No Name (Original Mix)
Whatever Happens
Cry
We've Had Enough
Escape (Original Mix)

I included Kai's mix of SWLM since it's musically the best by far.
Blue Gangsta has a cinematic vibe, i just love Timbos mix.

the outtakes are actually so strong, it's a shame they weren't on Invincible.

1st of all, Rodney Jerkins would not be the main producer. I just don't like most of the stuff he worked on with Michael, and find him extremely overrated. He'd still be involved as a couple songs of his would make the cut, but for this album, my number 1 producers is a couple guys who's been with Michael for decades......Bill Brottrell and Bruce Swedian

2ndly, I would still go with a long track listing, but I'm going to be removing some of the songs I feel are weak, and add better songs from this time period.

Album Title- Whatever Happens

1. Unbreakable
  2. Blue Gangsta
  3. Break Of Dawn
  4. You Rock My World - (no spoken intro)
  5. Heaven Can Wait
  6. Shout
  7. Butterflies
  8. Speechless
  9. On The Line
  10. You Are My Life
  11. 2000 Watts
  12. Don't Walk Away
  13. One More Chance
  14. Whatever Happens
  15. Threatened
  16. We've Had Enough
Songs cut off the album are The Lost Children, Heartbreaker, Invincible, Privacy and Cry. TLC and Cry are decent songs, but for his "comeback" album, it needed stronger contenders. I would save TLC for a different album or release it as a non album download single. Cry I would have put on a 9/11 tribute album in vein of We Are The World USA For Africa. Heartbreaker, Invincible and Privacy are just duds on this album.

The songs I choose to keep on here IMO are the strongest ones. Shout should have been on here in the first place, and I absolutely love You Are My Life, so both get to be on here. On The Line should have been released by now, it's a great song, uplifiting...it's this albums Man In The Mirror. It's an anthem song that originally is missing from this album. One More Chance I think fits this album perfect, with the "comeback" undertones of it, and I think between the R Kelly tracks not named You Are Not Alone, this is the best one. Blue Gangsta is awesome, I would do a combo job on this one...start the track with the deep low start that the contemporized version starts out with, but as we go into the 1st chorus after the 1st verse, then go into the 2010 version.

I selected Whatever Happens as the title track because I believe it is the strongest and best track of all tracks from this era, including unreleased gems we've heard since then. With the Latin flavor doing well thanks to Santana's Supernatural album, this song was a sure fire number 1 hit song. Sony F'd MJ over big time not pushing this song. This would have certainly given him another number 1 smash.
We've Had Enough is this albums Earth Song and makes a great outro song.

1st of all, Rodney Jerkins would not be the main producer. I just don't like most of the stuff he worked on with Michael, and find him extremely overrated. He'd still be involved as a couple songs of his would make the cut, but for this album, my number 1 producers is a couple guys who's been with Michael for decades......Bill Brottrell and Bruce Swedian

2ndly, I would still go with a long track listing, but I'm going to be removing some of the songs I feel are weak, and add better songs from this time period.

Album Title- Whatever Happens

1. Unbreakable
  2. Blue Gangsta
  3. Break Of Dawn
  4. You Rock My World - (no spoken intro)
  5. Heaven Can Wait
  6. Shout
  7. Butterflies
  8. Speechless
  9. On The Line
  10. You Are My Life
  11. 2000 Watts
  12. Don't Walk Away
  13. One More Chance
  14. Whatever Happens
  15. Threatened
  16. We've Had Enough
Songs cut off the album are The Lost Children, Heartbreaker, Invincible, Privacy and Cry. TLC and Cry are decent songs, but for his "comeback" album, it needed stronger contenders. I would save TLC for a different album or release it as a non album download single. Cry I would have put on a 9/11 tribute album in vein of We Are The World USA For Africa. Heartbreaker, Invincible and Privacy are just duds on this album.

The songs I choose to keep on here IMO are the strongest ones. Shout should have been on here in the first place, and I absolutely love You Are My Life, so both get to be on here. On The Line should have been released by now, it's a great song, uplifiting...it's this albums Man In The Mirror. It's an anthem song that originally is missing from this album. One More Chance I think fits this album perfect, with the "comeback" undertones of it, and I think between the R Kelly tracks not named You Are Not Alone, this is the best one. Blue Gangsta is awesome, I would do a combo job on this one...start the track with the deep low start that the contemporized version starts out with, but as we go into the 1st chorus after the 1st verse, then go into the 2010 version.

I selected Whatever Happens as the title track because I believe it is the strongest and best track of all tracks from this era, including unreleased gems we've heard since then. With the Latin flavor doing well thanks to Santana's Supernatural album, this song was a sure fire number 1 hit song. Sony F'd MJ over big time not pushing this song. This would have certainly given him another number 1 smash.
We've Had Enough is this albums Earth Song and makes a great outro song.
There is no 2010 version of BG. The only versions we can listen: 1998, 1999 and 2014
I really doubt MJ would name his album as "Whatever Happens" He usually used adjectives for this: Bad, Dangerous, Invincible; and sometimes something global and powerful: History, Thriller, Off The Wall. Whatever Happens is neither of that.

There is no 2010 version of BG. The only versions we can listen: 1998, 1999 and 2014
I really doubt MJ would name his album as "Whatever Happens" He usually used adjectives for this: Bad, Dangerous, Invincible; and sometimes something global and powerful. Whatever Happens is neither of that.
It's either 2008 or 2010.

Before I start, I just wanted to clear that I absolutely adore Invincible and it has some of my all time favourite tracks on it!
But for my part, I always wondered how well Invincible would have done if the tracklist had been fundamentally changed -
Changing the positioning of songs, adding some unreleased tracks or removing released ones...
Of course I know that Invincible didn't do as well as Michaels other albums mainly due to Sony and the dispute between them, BUT it's fun to speculate and see other opinions on this topic.
So here would be my version of (in my opinion) PERFECT Invincible:

1. Unbreakable
2. She Was Loving Me
3. Heaven Can Wait
4. Another Day
5. You Rock My World
6. The Way You Love Me
7. Blue Gangsta
8. You Are My Life
9. Whatever Happens
10. Speechless
11. We've Had Enough
12. Hollywood Tonight
13. People of the World
14. Xscape

I know that Michael had a tradition of naming the album after songs, which wouldn't be possible because I cut Invincible from the tracklist... In this case I think 'Unbreakable' as the albums title, would've worked pretty well!
Unbreakable, Another Day, TWYLM, YRMW, WHE, Hollywood Tonight, POTW and Xscape could have all been single releases with short-films.
The album would have it's classic Michael-style songs (You Rock My World, The Way You Love Me)
It would have it's rock-anthem (Another Day)
It would have it's earth-based anthem (People of the World)
It would have it's protest anthems (We've Had Enough, Hollywood Tonight)
And I think Xscape is a perfect closing for the album.

I tried to exclude personal taste as much as possible and just thought about what would work the best. Hence why The Lost Children, Privacy or Heartbreaker don't appear on this list, even though I always have a great time listening to these songs...
I like it

Back