If you could re-shape Invincible...

MJ releases are meant to feel like the latest film in an iconic film franchise. That's what they all gave me. Off The Wall is a bit of an outlier but Frankly it just makes that record more enjoyable. It's like a start to the lineage, and a farewell to the earlier days. Your Got To Be There, Ben, Music & Me, Forever Michael days were past.

Then you even have Destiny, Triumph, Victory. Great additions to the further universe of the MJ canon.

This Is It isn't part of the canon but as the grand finale to MJs career, well, you literally can't do any better, now can you?

That's why I have another reason to find Michael a disappointment. That is way too sentimental a name; he would've never done that. They got away with it then but never again. The album cover as well. Though he did commission that art, it doesn't work for an album. Again, they got away with it, I guess.

Xscape, though? That's a true return to form. It's different, it's not a noun like the others; it's a verb. This isn't MJ as you knew him but it's in the fashion of his greatest records, with all the edge you can, and I really just, love it. They had it so easy. If they ever do it again, they gotta keep that energy. Monster, Rocker, Legacy. Please, give us one more fire name.
Totally agree with most of this. Off The Wall is a great title because the music is off the wall compared to what came before. I wasn't around at the time but comparing Forever Michael to Off the Wall...it's like a different artist decades apart.

The Jacksons album titles are incredible. Strong.

Michael is there for the sentimental value but it's a trash title, it's meaningless. But look at the material...I didn't know he commissioned the art though. I actually quite like it even though it doesn't really capture all of his work.

Xscape, I never liked that title. It just doesn't mean anything to me.

It’s an important distinction. And since you yourself say that Xscape is different in that it is a verb – “not a noun like the others” – I felt it was of value to point out that only Thriller and HIStory are actually nouns.

Last edited:
I didn't know he commissioned the art though. I actually quite like it even though it doesn't really capture all of his work.
Yeah it was like one of the last things he did I think. Late in the timeline anyway.

There is a full size version, from J5 to This Is It. Nothing posthumous, obviously.
Xscape, I never liked that title. It just doesn't mean anything to me.
It's a one word title with edge... At least it's like, sub Invincible.

Yeah it was like one of the last things he did I think. Late in the timeline anyway.

There is a full size version, from J5 to This Is It. Nothing posthumous, obviously.

It's a one word title with edge... At least it's like, sub Invincible.
Oh yeah just looked it up, looks decent. If you're going to base an album cover off another one, always choose Dangerous because nothing tops that.

It didn't leak. Where is this version? He said his version is different what's leaked online.

The fact he chose the name Invincible says already post Thriller, he only does One word titles. That's like the most basic MJ fact. There's no thinking outside the box, it's just making stuff the heck up.
HIStory- Past Present & Future Book 1
Blood On The Dance Floor- HIStory In The Mix
Number Ones
The Ultimate Collection

Generally, his album titles (with more than one words) outnumber the album titles with just one word.

For example:

- 'Got To Be There'
- 'Music And Me'
- 'Forever, Michael'
- 'Off The Wall'
- 'HIStory: Past, Present And Future, Book I'
- 'Blood On The Dance Floor'
- 'One Day In Your Life'
- 'Farewell My Summer Love'
- 'Ain't No Sunshine'
- 'Number Ones'
- 'The Ultimate Collection'
- 'The Essential Michael Jackson'

Not to mention of course that his upcoming, new studio album that he was working on (during the 'This Is It' residency concerts) was apparently meant to be called 'This Is It' so as to tie with these concerts.

So, Michael Jackson did not do one word album titles (post 'Thriller').

HIStory- Past Present & Future Book 1
Blood On The Dance Floor- HIStory In The Mix
Number Ones
The Ultimate Collection
Two compilations by the record label and a remix album.

Three compilations actually. The studio album is HIStory, the compilation is Past Present & Future Book I. That's why it's also sold as Greatest Hits: HIStory: Volume I.

Generally, his album titles (with more than one words) outnumber the album titles with just one word.

For example:

- 'Got To Be There'
- 'Music And Me'
- 'Forever, Michael'
- 'Off The Wall'
- 'HIStory: Past, Present And Future, Book I'
- 'One Day In Your Life'
- 'Ain't No Sunshine'
- 'Number Ones'
- 'The Ultimate Collection'
- 'The Essential Michael Jackson'

Not to mention of course that his upcoming, new studio album that he was working on (during the 'This Is It' residency concerts) was apparently meant to be called 'This Is It' so as to tie with these concerts.

So, Michael Jackson did not do one word album titles (post 'Thriller').
You listed a bunch of compilations and every record before Thriller.

And no one knows what his next record was gonna be called. @Prince Of Pop Is this really who you want going to bat for you?

Two compilations by the record label and a remix album.

Three compilations actually. The studio album is HIStory, the compilation is Past Present & Future Book I. That's why it's also sold as Greatest Hits: HIStory: Volume I.
Not true. The “present and future” part refers to the new songs.

The future means after 1995 lol. Present is disc 2.
No, the second disc is both the present and the future. It is songs that marks the beginning of a new era.

Either way, this statement is false.

🤦‍♂️
- 'Got To Be There'
- 'Music And Me'
- 'Forever, Michael'
- 'Off The Wall'
- 'HIStory: Past, Present And Future, Book I'the subtitle is due its greatest hits component
- 'One Day In Your Life'
- 'Ain't No Sunshine'
- 'Number Ones' not an album
- 'The Ultimate Collection'not an album
- 'The Essential Michael Jackson'not an album

Surely the “Future” is there because past present and future is a saying and it had old songs (past), new songs (present) and just because I’ve done a greatest hits, it doesn’t mean I’m done (future).

No, the second disc is both the present and the future. It is songs that marks the beginning of a new era
Ok, sure, never thought that way, but sure. It's the future of his career in general. I'm just being pedantic, as always.

Point is, it's called HIStory. Any extra is because of the double disc nature.

1. Unbreakable
  2. Blue Gangsta
  3. Break Of Dawn
  4. You Rock My World - (no spoken intro)
  5. Heaven Can Wait
  6. Shout
  7. Butterflies
  8. Speechless
  9. On The Line
  10. You Are My Life
  11. 2000 Watts
  12. Don't Walk Away
  13. One More Chance
  14. Whatever Happens
  15. Threatened
  16. We've Had Enough
Gee! This tracklist is almost identical to the cd I've burnt that for my car. Just replace otl with xscape and yaml with apwnn.

Whatever Happens. Wow, didn't know so many people rate it. For me it's one of MJs worst songs. And love invincible, heartbreaker and unbreakable on the original album lol.

Another Invincible thread. I'm going insane.
intro-1568413327.jpg

Yep, what about all these I-wanna-rerecord-INVINCIBLE-threads??? lol

Michael would be MAD as FCK about this lol.

Back