Imagine if the Estate Will Release a New Concert Every Year

It has been said that michael didn't want to do the victory tour. but even though he didn't i'm not gonna lie he did awesome on the tour. it's very possible they all got victory and triumph hide somewhere.

not sure we will ever get it though. i hope we do some day.

Originally recorded on film, taped on VCR. Is this from the same show as the OTW performance?

They should release this concert:

That video was on the official Michael Jackson Youtube channel at one point or do I remember wrong? It had longer opening before the song started and there was Bad Tour logo at the beginning.

They should release this concert:

That video was on the official Michael Jackson Youtube channel at one point or do I remember wrong? It had longer opening before the song started and there was Bad Tour logo at the beginning.

Yeah, It was on the official channel and was also officially released on iTunes a while back. Quality looks great. Certainly from a Beta tape master, with the sound being sourced from a recording of the mixing desk.

there was alot of videos they put up and took down. i'm not sure why. maybe they waiting an right time to release them in some kind release.

I Still Remember the OG Dirty Diana vid from the show. not much difference along with the longer intro.
The Picture quality is still mindblowing.But that audio mixing was Off the wall.
(Sometimes i would like to hear a HQ Live Audio Album.it was a common fashion during the older times for any other peformers or bands)
wonder if they do something.wonder how they gonna ruin it with the edits.
The DVD of Bucharest was just crazy,but Wembley also got some very few changes that i noticed.

I Still Remember the OG Dirty Diana vid from the show. not much difference along with the longer intro.
The Picture quality is still mindblowing.But that audio mixing was Off the wall.
(Sometimes i would like to hear a HQ Live Audio Album.it was a common fashion during the older times for any other peformers or bands)
wonder if they do something.wonder how they gonna ruin it with the edits.
The DVD of Bucharest was just crazy,but Wembley also got some very few changes that i noticed.

Bucharest was very over edited, they switched cameras every half second. The Wembley show footage was ripped straight from the jumbotron footage I believe. It was not filmed for release, however the July 15 and 16 dates were multitracked, so those would be used for an HQ live album. I wish the estate would do a live album containing the July 15th concert audio.

I still say the way to make the most money would be to release something from a tour that hasn't been released yet. Once you've got something from every tour, then they could think about a second release from Bad or Dangerous.

So you are talking about how boring is having multiple shows of the same tour... yet you want MORE History tour concerts? Are you kidding?
No. I'm not talking about what I want. I'm talking about there not being any value in releasing them because the general public isn't interested.

Speak for yourself. You're the only person I've ever heard say this. Most fans are interested in all the concerts they can get
Again, I wasn't speaking for myself. I wasn't talking about MJ fans. I was talking about the general public, who are always the people who make the difference between a product being a success or a failure.

It would be free. Everybody watches stuff on YouTube they would never buy. It's not at all the same.

Zakk;4313726 said:
Film
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/euJQMVKHIj4" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Tape
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yG684wVmn4s" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Film
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lg2LGG3GkPo?vq=hd1080" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Pretty sure the Billie Jean is tape. Definitely doesn’t look like film footage to me.

dam2040;4316940 said:
Pretty sure the Billie Jean is tape. Definitely doesn’t look like film footage to me.
It's 16mm. Not 35. The rest are definitely 35 but his 1st 2 are tape & bj is 16mm. Not sure about can you feel it though

It's 16mm. Not 35. The rest are definitely 35 but his 1st 2 are tape & bj is 16mm. Not sure about can you feel it though

Yeah Zakks post is correct. Billie Jean is for sure Film. With all of the talk/hype of this tour their is no doubt in my mind it was completely filmed. However, since so many people were involved it makes it harder to release imo. Contracts, copyright, legal yellow tape, and just the fact that Mj didn't approve of it. I would love to see this tour released but I highly doubt it. Destiny or Triumph tour might have a better chance though.

Moonwalker end credits have film footage of Bad. That jumping is probably from Man in the Mirror:

I hope we get a new concert release soon.

The Triumph Tour only has tape footage released, the Off The Wall video from the Destiny Tour that I linked is 100% film footage.

Moonwalker end credits have film footage of Bad. That jumping is probably from Man in the Mirror:

I hope we get a new concert release soon.

I have a real feeling that Minneapolis was filmed in full.

I have a real feeling that Minneapolis was filmed in full.
It would be interesting if we could get the film crew/lab that developed the US Leg Film Footage. We know Warren worked on the EU Film at Vision.

It would be interesting if we could get the film crew/lab that developed the US Leg Film Footage. We know Warren worked on the EU Film at Vision.

Yeah, he worked on the edited concert film and documentary. Some of his early telecine work was used for the official APOM short film in July of 1988. Bill Pecchi mentioned that he was Michael's film crew director until they returned to the US and was getting ready for the European leg, so I believe he was the one to also record those shows from February through May.

When Michael had passed away, many major US newspapers had made their old MJ related articles available for public. I remember reading one article (if I'm not mistaken it was on the WSJ) from 1984 that stated, there were talks about broadcasting Victory tour on TV.

I wonder if the Estate has checked what Warner has in their vaults. They might have some unused Man in the Mirror footage.

The Triumph Tour only has tape footage released, the Off The Wall video from the Destiny Tour that I linked is 100% film footage.
You know it's really weird that it's like that. Triumph should've definitely had film

You know it's really weird that it's like that. Triumph should've definitely had film

I completely agree, it's the best Jackson's Tour by a clear margin. I'm glad they shot film during the second leg of the Destiny Tour though, it is frustrating indeed how we see snippets but nothing official has been showcased by now. It really should be.

When Michael had passed away, many major US newspapers had made their old MJ related articles available for public. I remember reading one article (if I'm not mistaken it was on the WSJ) from 1984 that stated, there were talks about broadcasting Victory tour on TV.
Interesting. I remember the rumor that MJ had Victory tour in Chicago filmed. I'm sure at least 1 show was completely filmed. This was the biggest tour at the time.

Interesting. I remember the rumor that MJ had Victory tour in Chicago filmed. I'm sure at least 1 show was completely filmed. This was the biggest tour at the time.

Yeah, I heard that too. The last show in Los Angeles too I believe. As much as I don't like the Instrumentals, just my taste. These shows deserve to be seen, Michael was incredible.. Every show.

Yeah, I heard that too. The last show in Los Angeles too I believe. As much as I don't like the Instrumentals, just my taste. These shows deserve to be seen, Michael was incredible.. Every show.

Totally agree. Although the Victory Tour had a very synth-heavy 80s sound...Michael was, simply put, magical on stage every night during that tour.

Not sure whether or not L.A. was shot on film.

Totally agree. Although the Victory Tour had a very synth-heavy 80s sound...Michael was, simply put, magical on stage every night during that tour.

Not sure whether or not L.A. was shot on film.

That's the only reason I class these shows, as more of a time capsule if that makes sense. Just imagine the reviews if it was finally officially released, Michael performing during the Thriller days? The World would go fricking crazy, I'm sure of it. I remember reading quite a few years ago that it was originally intended for release and that their was miles upon miles of footage recorded on film, I know Chicago was clearly mentioned.

Michael knew exactly how he wanted his performances documented, I don't think this suddenly changed after the Victory Tour. Note, Kelly was re hired for the European shows in 1988.

"Optimum Productions" otherwise known as Michael's film production company, now owned by The Estate. Their is no doubt in my mind they own the negatives to the Victory & BAD Tours.

I wish Triumph & Victory tours had an oversea leg, too.

Does any of you know if the Jacksons had performed WRN at their MSG (August 18th & 19th) concerts?

That's the only reason I class these shows, as more of a time capsule if that makes sense. Just imagine the reviews if it was finally officially released, Michael performing during the Thriller days? The World would go fricking crazy, I'm sure of it. I remember reading quite a few years ago that it was originally intended for release and that their was miles upon miles of footage recorded on film, I know Chicago was clearly mentioned.
Exactly. Thriller ERA material would appeal to the general public no doubt. Considering that the Victory tour was US/Canada only I think it would do well there especially. I don't know why the Jacksons didn't want this sooner.

A guy/gal has posted this comment on youtube:

This footage is from the Mid-South Coliseum, the Jacksons never played the Orpheum Theater, Foxxy and Sister Sledge open the show, Rick James came out on stage during "We Are Family" and shocked the crowd, but The Jacksons took the building to a whole different level as you can see, there is footage of their show that was broadcast on a local TV program like a week later, sorry we didn't have VCR's in 1979, I talked to the host of the show years later and he said he still had the 8mm footage in storage maybe this is some of it without sound, like I said in another post he also got on their tour bus and filmed with them leaving the Coliseum parking lot waving to fans, I remember this stuff like yesterday, the same tv show did a feature on The Bar-Kays when they played the Coliseum the same year I have some of the raw footage from that episode I got in a trade years ago, saying all this to say, I think I might try to get back in touch with the tv host again now

Back