In your opinion, what are some good songs to introduce to a young new MJ fan?

DarylJoel_B

Inactive
Country
United-States
As a few people already know, my 8-year-old half-sister (who is also an MJ fan) is coming to visit me this weekend. However, since she is still relatively new to being a fan, she still doesn't know a lot of songs.

So... What I want to know is, in your opinion, what would be some really good, more obscure MJ songs to introduce to a young fan? Every time she visits, I am always playing music, but I want to give her more Michael experience instead of just me playing lofi hip-hop beats or 1970s mall muzak for four hours lmao 😭) Because I have such a hard time choosing... What less popular songs do you have intensely positive memories of with your first time hearing it? Let me know!

~ DJ

Nice post !
What about :

Liberian girl
Someone put your hand out
She’s out of my life
The lady in my life
Carousel
Who‘s loving you (j5)
Another part of me
Man in the mirror
Will you be there

Nice post !
What about :

Liberian girl
Someone put your hand out
She’s out of my life
The lady in my life
Carousel
Who‘s loving you (j5)
Another part of me
Man in the mirror
Will you be there
beautiful!! thank you 💕 💕

i might skip out on she's out of my life though because i want the mood to be positive. i actually skipped it the last time i was at her house and she played her only Michael CD (as of now). which is HIStory (we were listening to the volume 1 CD specifically)

will you be there is actually my favorite song. will definitely play that. 💕

Most people I know, know who Michael Jackson was, so it's not about introducing to them if they had no clue about him. What I will do, is if we're talking about his music and they ask "what's a song he did that didn't get the love it deserved compared to his other hit songs", then I introduce them to what I call, his hidden gems...songs I know damn well would have been hit songs, had they been released, or if they were released, promoted better.

I Can't Help It
Time Waits For No One
Fly Away
Keep The Faith
Butterflies
Break Of Dawn
Don't Walk Away
Whatever Happens
Best Of Joy

beautiful!! thank you 💕 💕

i might skip out on she's out of my life though because i want the mood to be positive. i actually skipped it the last time i was at her house and she played her only Michael CD (as of now). which is HIStory (we were listening to the volume 1 CD specifically)

will you be there is actually my favorite song. will definitely play that. 💕

Hi @DarylJoel_B

What songs did you play for her? Did she like them?
I just love how young people and children today discover Michael Jackson and his art. The fact that he is loved so much by the younger generations is so beautiful to me ...

What songs did you play for her? Did she like them?
I just love how young people and children today discover Michael Jackson and his art. The fact that he is loved so much by the younger generations is so beautiful to me ...
so, we mostly just got around to playing full albums instead of specific songs. maybe i should make a special playlist for her. i played Triumph, Destiny, Thriller, Bad, etc.

She said she really liked the Triumph album!

My 4 year old daughter LOVES Leave Me Alone and my 8 year old son loves Beat It, Bad, and Dirty Diana.

I always play lullabies for my daughter at bedtime so I introduced her to Childhood and Smile and we listen to those every single night. I let her listen to the alternate vocal take of Smile just ONE time a little while ago and she asked me about it last night "Mommy, can you play the other Smile? The one where he talks about the sun?" ...I couldn't believe she remembers that tiny detail - I was a proud momma! :ROFLMAO::love:

I was going to reply to this but then realized that weekend had long passed.
@Arklove I think someone in the dark is a perfect lullaby song. It has a perfect message and a magical musical backing topped of by Michael’s best ever vocal performance (imo)

I was going to reply to this but then realized that weekend had long passed.
@Arklove I think someone in the dark is a perfect lullaby song. It has a perfect message and a magical musical backing topped of by Michael’s best ever vocal performance (imo)
Yes! I did introduce her to that one as well, but I had to hide the E.T. part because she saw the movie shortly before that and then she had nightmares about E.T. ....so I distracted her from that little part when he says "Thank you..." ....then she eventually heard it and didn't want to listen to it anymore :ROFLMAO::cry:

Yes! I did introduce her to that one as well, but I had to hide the E.T. part because she saw the movie shortly before that and then she had nightmares about E.T. ....so I distracted her from that little part when he says "Thank you..." ....then she eventually heard it and didn't want to listen to it anymore :ROFLMAO::cry:
Oh boy, I don’t think that is what Spielberg had in mind when making the film 😅

Oh boy, I don’t think that is what Spielberg had in mind when making the film 😅
Nah, she has quite the vivid imagination - turns out our banister for our staircase casts quite a shadow in the night that looks exactly like E.T.'s head and long neck lol

Funnily enough, she has no problem watching Thriller :ROFLMAO:

Sorry for derailing the thread :D

Last edited:
Back