Info for next-release?

I'm all for more recent songs from around Invincible up until we lost MJ....but I'm really not a big fan of songs he worked on with more then 2 writers, etc. 2 many fingers in the cookie jar if you get my drift. I liked the way things were before when it was MJ and someone else, maybe 1 other person.

My dream would be an album with 2 Discs.
Disc one with all thr finished (or nearly finished) will.I.am and RedOne tracks.
And Disc two with all the not finished material of that sessions.
I really hope they release theses songs in the future, maybe after the contract as a charity project... And i hope that there won't be songs of other eras on it ;)

My dream would be an album with 2 Discs.
Disc one with all thr finished (or nearly finished) will.I.am and RedOne tracks.
And Disc two with all the not finished material of that sessions.
I really hope they release theses songs in the future, maybe after the contract as a charity project... And i hope that there won't be songs of other eras on it ;)

No chance, i want decades of new releases! as long as we hear all the tracks (finished & unfinished) then i'm happy, but i would like some top quality visual products in addition to this. The estate are lazy as hell with Michael's performances, and if the next concert release isn't in High Def then i will truly be pissed off.

No chance, i want decades of new releases! as long as we hear all the tracks (finished & unfinished) then i'm happy, but i would like some top quality visual products in addition to this. The estate are lazy as hell with Michael's performances, and if the next concert release isn't in High Def then i will truly be pissed off.

Here!Here!

The estate are lazy as hell with Michael's performances, and if the next concert release isn't in High Def then i will truly be pissed off.
I don't think we should be angry. Most of Michael's concerts exist only on tape so I think they are acceptable too. HIStory Tour Munich is the only concert we can be 100% sure that it exist fully in HD. Maybe some Bad Tour and Victory Tour concerts are too but we can't be 100% sure. I'm just saying that we shouldn't be mad that a artist before HD era doesn't get many HD releases. :)

I don't think we should be angry. Most of Michael's concerts exist only on tape so I think they are acceptable too. HIStory Tour Munich is the only concert we can be 100% sure that it exist fully in HD. Maybe some Bad Tour concert is too but we can't be 100% sure. I'm just saying that we shouldn't be mad that artist before HD era doesn't get many HD releases. :)

There are shows from the Triumph/Victory/BAD/Dangerous & HIStory Tour on 16/35mm & Analog/Digital HD.

It is likely that there are full concerts in 15/35 mm but we can't be 100% sure. :)

We can be 100% sure, there are enough sources who have confirmed this including people who have worked with Michael in the past, there's nothing certain about DWT but Tokyo 1992 seems likely.

I'm all for more recent songs from around Invincible up until we lost MJ....but I'm really not a big fan of songs he worked on with more then 2 writers, etc. 2 many fingers in the cookie jar if you get my drift. I liked the way things were before when it was MJ and someone else, maybe 1 other person.

Back then when Quincy was in charge, only writers of the song (music & lyrics) were given the writing credits. All other personel who worked on the song were given some other, less important credits, like arrangement credits. For example MJ did not write the bridge in Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, I think Greg Phillinganes did (MJ spoke about it in Mexico deposition). But he was not given writing credits, only arrangement credits. And I think that is fair because he didn't contribute to that song significantly enough to get writing credits.

After Quincy (starting with Dangerous), when MJ was in charge that changed. MJ was giving credits to everyone involved with the song. For example Dangerous (song), MJ wrote entire song, but both Bill Bottrell & Teddy Riley got writing credits although they didn't write anything (MJ spoke about it in Dangerous deposition in 1994). Teddy Riley was given writing credits on Jam although the song was already written before he joined the Dangerous project. Teddy Riley was given writing credits on Someone Put Your Hand Out just because he changed a verse (MJ spoke about it in Mexico deposition).

Kenny Quiller was given writing credits on Heaven Can Wait just because he introduced the song to Jackson:

http://www.qcitymetro.com/living/articles/a_qcity_man_recalls_time_with_michael_jackson085248848.cfm

The same thing is with Michael's credits on some songs. He was given credit although he didn't fully deserve it (Heaven Can Wait, Whatever Happens).
So, basically nothing changed in MJ's writing process. The team changed and the time has changed. Darkchild team was very big, but again they didn't all wrote 1 song, they all contributed but I'm sure that MJ wrote all the songs (melodies) and lyrics (just like he did with Teddy Riley and Jam & Lewis songs) while Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III & LaShawn Daniels wrote the music. To prove that is Xscape (song) - only those 4 were credited as co-authors.

MJ didn't care about that because he obviously didn't think it was a big deal so he was giving writing credits to anyone even Teddy Riley's personal assistant!

Are we getting a Dangerous 25 next year? I sure hope so.

Maybe but I think it would better to have another album like Xscape. Good songs should be put on albums like that. Also new albums sell more than anniversary editions.

Are we getting a Dangerous 25 next year? I sure hope so.

If we do it won't be anything significant - probably a low key double disc album with some new songs. Bad25 was a major hit to them and under performed even to Sony's lowest standards, so they're probably uncomfortable with another high budget reissue.

If we do it won't be anything significant - probably a low key double disc album with some new songs. Bad25 was a major hit to them and under performed even to Sony's lowest standards, so they're probably uncomfortable with another high budget reissue.

Because of the promotion, severely lacking! the material was there, but they did nothing about it. Other than the DVD of course, blurgh.

As much as I would love a big Dangerous 25 box set, I doubt it will be anything more than a double disc set also. Perhaps in the style of the originally intended 2-disc 2001 Special Edition? I would love a better show from 92, a full disc of outtakes, the works basically, but that's extremely wishfull thinking.

As much as I would love a big Dangerous 25 box set, I doubt it will be anything more than a double disc set also. Perhaps in the style of the originally intended 2-disc 2001 Special Edition? I would love a better show from 92, a full disc of outtakes, the works basically, but that's extremely wishfull thinking.
All I really want from Dangerous is a DVD of the Dangerous rehearsals-one that I can physically own-and not have to watch on YouTube. :)

Because of the promotion, severely lacking! the material was there, but they did nothing about it. Other than the DVD of course, blurgh.

To be quite fair they did put an awful lot into it. Reissues very rarely, if ever, do well.

To be quite fair they did put an awful lot into it. Reissues very rarely, if ever, do well.

They didn't promote it will enough at all, a 30 second snippet on low budget morning news programs and no commercials?

Just gonna say this, i will never buy anything released from tape source again.

They didn't promote it will enough at all, a 30 second snippet on low budget morning news programs and no commercials?

What's this then?

I saw this on TV a few times. Advertising could've been definitely better but Sony and the Estate really upped their game with XSCAPE.

What's this then?

I saw this on TV a few times. Advertising could've been definitely better but it wasn't completely non-existent. Sony and the Estate really upped their game with XSCAPE.

Didn't show at all on my TV, i watched most TV channels all day every day until release and didn't see anything like this. Yes, Xscape was promoted far better.. every release should get HUGE promotion. And enough of shit VHS.

Yeah, I'm sure the estate and Sony weren't expecting Bad 25 to be a chart topper. Those kind of elaborate boxset reissue packages are aimed at the core fan base, the wider general public have little interest in outtakes and demos.

Just gonna say this, i will never buy anything released from tape source again.

So you wouldn't accept a concert from tape source that has quality of Bad Tour L.A.(Bad clip from The One documentary) or Bucharest? There are many tape concerts that deserved to be released too.

So you wouldn't accept a concert from tape source that has quality of Bad Tour L.A.(Bad clip from The One documentary) or Bucharest? There are many tape concerts that deserved to be released too.

No, because they have full shows in high resolution. They should release shows in high def first while the general public are still interested. Later come's a collectors label with all the other shows from BetaCam. That's how it should be. BAD 25 should have included a mixed Blu-Ray of the second leg, they SHOULD NOT listen to fans who request one single show.

And enough of shit VHS.

Jesus stop going on and on about the VHS situation, obviously no-one wants a VHS quality release! They only used VHS because it was clearly the last resort. Why would they deliberately choose a VHS copy in this age of high definition? Some might go "so they can reissue it in HD later and make more money!" and that's possible, but I don't think that was the case. I know other MJ fans who refused to buy this simply because it was VHS quality, so they've automatically lost out on sales because of that. Releasing it on Blu-ray would make them a little bit more money due to the higher price, and what about the fans who buy both the DVD AND Blu-ray? If they had a copy of the show on film that was ready to release at the time of Bad 25, they would've done so because they could've also advertised it as the first Michael Jackson show available in glorious high definition. In all honesty, the negatives far outweigh the positives - for pretty much every party.

The Estate are not going to release a production that is VHS quality unless it is highly demanded by the fans and the only available source is VHS. The fans wanted this particular show, this was the only copy that was available at the time so they got it. If the Estate has access to higher quality materials, then they will use those sources as evident by the HD-quality alternative takes of Bad short films we saw in Bad 25.

Haven't there been rumours that the Estate have found film reels over these past few years since the release of Bad 25? If those rumours are true, then it's pretty safe that the Estate will release future projects utilising those sources.

^^ I'm sorry but i'm not being ripped off anymore, just because someone would like to see one single show.

^^ I'm sorry but i'm not being ripped off anymore, just because someone would like to see one single show.

No-one's 'ripping' you off. They said it was a show in VHS quality and that's what they delivered.

If you don't like it then don't buy it. I don't want anymore shows in VHS quality either so if they release anymore shows in VHS quality (rehearsals etc excluded) then I too will not be buying it.

Then don't buy it. Problem solved.

Problem isn't solved, problem would be solved when they learn to release top quality products that would actually gather interest from the general public.

Problem isn't solved, problem would be solved when they learn to release top quality products that would actually gather interest from the general public.

I know, hence I edited my comment right before you replied.

Back