Is the chance of any postumous album now over or tour release gone due to this new court case

Not expecting anything any time soon. The estate are pretty content to sell the idea of MJ with the musical and biopic rather than actually highlighting stuff he did himself whilst he was alive.

Not the first time an album got cancelled because of LN though lol, in 2018 they were working on remixes for single releases but it got canned after LN came out. MJ fans can't have nice things.
I don`t think this has something to do with a coming trial. Branca did the statement in the time before this tendative ruling.
They have just other projects like the biopic and the musical in UK and the tour in focus. Hopefully this projects are going on.

Yeah, they were already moving away from album releases. Has more to do with Xscape's performance or reception, I guess. Which funnily enough was their fault, they could've easily gotten more chart performance out of it if they cared about artistry at all. The songs have their fans and still get play.

Is it "artificially" extending MJs life, maybe. But he did want to make another album so it's not wrong to get to see at least the shapes of it. There are good posthumous releases, they just have to do it well. A song like "A Place With No Name" or "Chicago" is quite good and worth hearing. So is Throwin' Your Life Away, Chicago 1945, and hopefully Buffalo Bill.

Anyway, a tour release on the other hand, I don't think that'd ever be quite a chart topper. I'd love to see it but it's definitely what the fans care about more so. Even the Thriller doc, that appeals more to the general audience. Yet was probably delayed on account of this coming litigation. Ah well.

Yeah, they were already moving away from album releases. Has more to do with Xscape's performance or reception, I guess. Which funnily enough was their fault, they could've easily gotten more chart performance out of it if they cared about artistry at all. The songs have their fans and still get play.
I thought Xscape got a decent reception from both fans and critics alike. It is a posthumous release, so it was never going to get Thriller reception.

As for its performance, it got a big hit with Love Never Felt So Good and the album itself sold around 2 million copies, which is very good for a posthumous album.

I thought Xscape got a decent reception from both fans and critics alike. It is a posthumous release, so it was never going to get Thriller reception.

As for its performance, it got a big hit with Love Never Felt So Good and the album itself sold around 2 million copies, which is very good for a posthumous album.
It was good but they expected it to be probably a continual fixture. Or have at least one more hit with a song post 80s.

No, Xscapes performance isn't why. It performed pretty well and had a hit. I don't think they could have reasonably hoped for more. I think the Estate is pacing this thing out. People like to bag the Estate because we want everything at once - and I don't love some of the decisions they've made, but let's compare the Elvis estate and Michael Jackson for a minute.

It took Elvis 46 years to get a biopic - its taking Michael 15. Elvis took about 30 years to have a posthumous hit. Michael, what, 5? Michael has had two posthumous albums, Elvis none I believe? Michael has arguably had more stageshows officially pushed by the Estate. The Estate has been behind the Thriller 40 documentary, how many documentaries does Elvis have?

I think you get my point. If someone could bother comparing what Elvis has got in 47 years since his death compared to Michael you'd find, comparatively, Michael fans have been absolutely spoiled.

The long game is that there will definitely be more posthumous albums. They didn't spend a billion dollars on his vault just to let the thing rot. There is so much material and a lot of it will be meaningful in 20, 30, 40, 50 years. Not only do they have his songs but some unreleased film clips, writings, plans, poems, list goes on and on. I think the Estate has sometimes missed the mark on some things but they're thinking the long game.

Могу я связаться с админом ??
Это очень важно.
Спасибо.

as long as there's this dumb estate, we won't get anything.

at least we got Chicago 1945 and some more, early this year. leaks are the only way for new music.

Last edited:
Могу я связаться с администрацией?
Это важно.
Спасибо.

Где модератор ??
Это важно.
Спасибо.

I think you get my point. If someone could bother comparing what Elvis has got in 47 years since his death compared to Michael you'd find, comparatively, Michael fans have been absolutely spoiled.

Elvis’ Estate started releasing material from the vaults almost as soon as he died (Legendary Performer Volume 3 featuring unreleased cuts came out in 1978). The « This Is Elvis » documentary came out in theaters in 1981. The John Carpenter-directed biopic with Kurt Russel came out in 1979. The Elvis estate, when it comes to releases, is a waterfall. The MJ estate is a dropper.

Elvis’ Estate started releasing material from the vaults almost as soon as he died (Legendary Performer Volume 3 featuring unreleased cuts came out in 1978). The « This Is Elvis » documentary came out in theaters in 1981. The John Carpenter-directed biopic with Kurt Russel came out in 1979. The Elvis estate, when it comes to releases, is a waterfall. The MJ estate is a dropper.
Kreen, did you ever comment on how the cascio songs did indeed turn out to be completely fabricated and fake? I remember we went back and forth a lot, back in the days. Nothing personal, just curious. It seems you have a shared resentment now (like me) towards The Estate and their decision making.

It took Elvis 46 years to get a biopic
Apparently not. There seem to be several films looking at different aspects of Elvis' life. The Baz Lurhman one seems to be the most successful but it wasn't the first.

Elvis took about 30 years to have a posthumous hit.
Tbf, he did have a UK No.1 with Way Down in the immediate aftermath of his death.

The Estate has been behind the Thriller 40 documentary, how many documentaries does Elvis have?
There seem to be quite a few.

"There are many great Elvis documentaries on Netflix, but the best one is undoubtedly “Elvis: The Searcher.” This three-part documentary chronicles Elvis’ life and career from his humble beginnings in Tupelo, Mississippi to his untimely death at the age of 42. It features never-before-seen footage and interviews with those who knew Elvis best, including his wife Priscilla, his bodyguard Red West, and his longtime friend and collaborator Jerry Schilling."

Michael has had two posthumous albums, Elvis none I believe?
There are tons of posthumous Elvis albums. They do seem to be compilations, no idea if they include previously unreleased material. That said, there was a box set released last year, I believe.

"Elvis Presley fans have heard everything the King has ever recorded - or have they? An announcement from the King's estate has revealed an upcoming DVD box set that includes not one but seven discs of new content that contain some of the star's biggest unreleased hits from over the years ..."

Not too sure what they mean by 'unreleased hits' but, whatever ...

Last edited:
It was good but they expected it to be probably a continual fixture. Or have at least one more hit with a song post 80s.
It is very unlikely for a posthumous album to have a long chart run.

I reckon Slave To The Rhythm could have been a hit if it was released after the hologram performance at Billboard music awards in 2014. It entered the billboard hot 100 chart at 45 after that performance. Had it been released as a single and pushed to the radios, perhaps a top 10 hit was possible.

It is very unlikely for a posthumous album to have a long chart run.

I reckon Slave To The Rhythm could have been a hit if it was released after the hologram performance at Billboard music awards in 2014. It entered the billboard hot 100 chart at 45 after that performance. Had it been released as a single and pushed to the radios, perhaps a top 10 hit was possible.
The thing is A Place With No Name was the single release. With the, incredible, music video premiere on twitter and everything. Yet it didn't chart at all. So after that they just shut down entirely.

The thing is A Place With No Name was the single release. With the, incredible, music video premiere on twitter and everything. Yet it didn't chart at all. So after that they just shut down entirely.
I think if they would have just cleaned up the original version and released that instead it could have been successful. They also had the Jeep commercial and it didn’t help. The horse with no name vibe was better just as MJ left it.

I think if they would have just cleaned up the original version and released that instead it could have been successful. They also had the Jeep commercial and it didn’t help. The horse with no name vibe was better just as MJ left it.
I heard that version on radio way more ironically. I heard the 2014 version exactly once and then it was the original every time after that.

The APWNN video was awful lol
Nah, It was definitely one of the better ones actually. You got

Unreleased MJ footage
A story esque type story
And interesting visuals
The problem is it's just kinda boring. But it's still more interesting than Justin Timberlake Clip Show or whatever Behind The Mask V1 was. And nobody even watches Hold My Hand.

APWNM video was truly awful. Like who the hell wanted to see a couple romancing on a beach?
That's the theme of the song? They can only do so much. Like I said, we got MJ footage so there was more to it. It's still way better than clip shows. Hollywood Tonight and Behind The Mask V2 remain the best posthumous videos by far though.

Кто то может помочь ??
Как создать свое первое сообщение.
Спасибо.

That's the theme of the song? They can only do so much. Like I said, we got MJ footage so there was more to it. It's still way better than clip shows. Hollywood Tonight and Behind The Mask V2 remain the best posthumous videos by far though.
Was an incredibly disappointing video. Not at all creative and basic af. The song, vibe, lyrics etc call for a much more creative effort.

I don't think saying its better than a clip show because it had some new footage in it is a glowing endorsement, either.

Прошу помощи ??
Как создать свое первое сообщение.
С уважением.

Прошу помощи ??
Не могу написать в топик.
С уважением.

Back