Is the chance of any postumous album now over or tour release gone due to this new court case

Is there a backstory of MJ recording APWNN? It seems like such a random cover and also not really an 'MJ' song to me..

Is there a backstory of MJ recording APWNN? It seems like such a random cover and also not really an 'MJ' song to me..

Thank you! I knew Dr. Freeze initiated it but didn't knew the vision behind it!

That's the theme of the song? They can only do so much. Like I said, we got MJ footage so there was more to it. It's still way better than clip shows. Hollywood Tonight and Behind The Mask V2 remain the best posthumous videos by far though.
APWNM video was boring and very unimaginative.

The song in question is about Michael wanting to escape to a place with no name, seemingly because he is tired of the celebrity lifestyle. They could have shown clips of Michael getting mobbed by fans and getting hassled by the paparazzi. They could have included a clip of Michael driving to show that he is escaping to a place with no name. Something like that would have worked better, in my opinion.

APWNM video was boring and very unimaginative.

The song in question is about Michael wanting to escape to a place with no name, seemingly because he is tired of the celebrity lifestyle. They could have shown clips of Michael getting mobbed by fans and getting hassled by the paparazzi. They could have included a clip of Michael driving to show that he is escaping to a place with no name. Something like that would have worked better, in my opinion.
That sounds like two minutes of work that any fan could do. Basically another clip show?

Maybe both ideas are bad, the ideas and the concept.

If MJ was alive it'd probably be about MJ going to a utopia world that's also secretly dystopian. Basically an entirely limitless concept.

Kreen, did you ever comment on how the cascio songs did indeed turn out to be completely fabricated and fake? I remember we went back and forth a lot, back in the days. Nothing personal, just curious. It seems you have a shared resentment now (like me) towards The Estate and their decision making.
I defended the authenticity of the Cascio songs up until two things happened : the release of Xscape, where the Estate didn't use any Cascio songs, and my taking the time to listen to the 9 other Cascio songs that by then had leaked.

When the Estate didn't use any of the Cascio tracks on Xscape, it meant that they themselves no longer believed them to be real, as there is no way they would sit on 9 completed MJ songs worth millions of dollars because some fans didn't think they were authentic.

And when I took the time to listen to the 9 other Cascio tracks, one thing emerged: the singer was indeed good at imitating MJ, but only in one given way, with one given style. All of the songs were sung the same way, and there were none of the idiosyncratic bits you would expect would emerge from having MJ sit in a studio and sing 12 songs. There was one formula used throughout, which is what you would expect from an imitator sticking to his technique which produces a convincing "MJ" sound.

So I had changed my opinion before the Estate made it "official" the songs were fake.

But the fact remains that the whole thing is UNBELIEVABLE. A movie could be made of this story. It is probably the greatest hoax ever pulled off in the history of pop music, and one of the greatest in the history of all entertainment. The number of factors that had to happen and be combined for those songs to end up on a official MJ release is staggering. And as much as Eddie Cascio can be considered a "villain" now, I'd still love to read an in-depth interview with him where he explains how he processed the idea psychologically, justified it to himself and convinced himself it could work.

There are tons of posthumous Elvis albums. They do seem to be compilations, no idea if they include previously unreleased material.
The Elvis Estate has a specialty label, called "Follow That Dream", that focuses exclusively on unreleased material. They release EVERYTHING that's in the vaults. Live performances. Soundboard recordings. Audience recordings. Complete recording sessions. Outtakes. Impromptu jams. Everything.

I defended the authenticity of the Cascio songs up until two things happened : the release of Xscape, where the Estate didn't use any Cascio songs, and my taking the time to listen to the 9 other Cascio songs that by then had leaked.

When the Estate didn't use any of the Cascio tracks on Xscape, it meant that they themselves no longer believed them to be real, as there is no way they would sit on 9 completed MJ songs worth millions of dollars because some fans didn't think they were authentic.

And when I took the time to listen to the 9 other Cascio tracks, one thing emerged: the singer was indeed good at imitating MJ, but only in one given way, with one given style. All of the songs were sung the same way, and there were none of the idiosyncratic bits you would expect would emerge from having MJ sit in a studio and sing 12 songs. There was one formula used throughout, which is what you would expect from an imitator sticking to his technique which produces a convincing "MJ" sound.

So I had changed my opinion before the Estate made it "official" the songs were fake.

But the fact remains that the whole thing is UNBELIEVABLE. A movie could be made of this story. It is probably the greatest hoax ever pulled off in the history of pop music, and one of the greatest in the history of all entertainment. The number of factors that had to happen and be combined for those songs to end up on a official MJ release is staggering. And as much as Eddie Cascio can be considered a "villain" now, I'd still love to read an in-depth interview with him where he explains how he processed the idea psychologically, justified it to himself and convinced himself it could work.
Thanks for the input. There are still a couple of fans around here who were extremely vocal about the songs being 100% authentic, but they did not have the balls to admit, or retract anything, despite everything that have happened until now.

I'd like to volunteer to write the Cascio Songs movie script, by the way!

Last edited:
Back