It is shocking that Janet's The Best album flopped so badly in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
it like nuber 20-something, right? it's a greatest hit album..i don't think it's a flop. she gonna be at the jingle ball thing and x factor next week, maybe it'll boost some sales and it's be in the top 20

I completely agree. No artist can get away with not promoting their music, not even Michael when you look at Invincible's chart performance.

I would call myself a "casual" Janet fan and whilst her more recent work has definately not lived up to her 80s and 90s albums there are always at least a handful of great tracks on every album, which in my mind makes a Janet album an essential purchase.

Still, check out Enjoy. It's got that classic Jackson feel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2TwYYCgUb8

Now don't you think that'd could've been huge with a decent video and some promo??

yeah thats pretty good. got that summer vibe type feel has more melody than other songs.

not even Michael when you look at Invincible's chart performance.
10 mill the "big" artists of today cant sell that with full promo releases and tours. yes poor for mj but shows how big his core fanbase is

ill be surprised if the album doesnt climb after shes on the x factor etc. if it doesnt then that shows to me she has a problem with selling other than to hardcore fans

Some people would've said the same thing about Michael when he was alive.

Doesn't make it true.
with michael it was negativity, jealousy, and hatred in general, the man was ALIVE when he sold out those shows that eventually killed him, he didnt have media's support to sell those gigs, he did it all by himself, so EVERYONE who says otherswise should eat crow, he always had numbers and sales to back it up unlike janet, whitney or the much hyped madonna herself.

her later albums are very good if you give them the time of day I don't think her career is dead as some people are saying, she's donemore performances in the USA that's probably why. When she does X factor and the other performance she's doing at that event ( can't remember what its called) I think sales will increase I've got it and its amazing !!

with michael it was negativity, jealousy, and hatred in general, the man was ALIVE when he sold out those shows that eventually killed him, he didnt have media's support to sell those gigs, he did it all by himself, so EVERYONE who says otherswise should eat crow, he always had numbers and sales to back it up unlike janet, whitney or the much hyped madonna herself.
Co-sign...it's always been pretty much a known FACT that all MJ had to do was ANNOUNCE he was gonna do something, or put something out and it would sell. He didnt NEED to over-saturate himself onto evey talk or award show. The man literally sold albums in his sleep lol.

Actaully it's doing quiet well considering Disicpline and 20 Y.O both debuted at peaked at #63. 20 Y.O even had promotion by Janet at the time.

Debuting at #28 isn't bad. She's headed to the UK this week to perform on X -Factor and the Jingle Ball. Compare to Mariah who was flogging her album last week includ. X-Factor and she only managed a #23 debut.

Janet's doing fine :)

I really really want Janet to succeed. Don't know why. The top songs on Discipline and 20 Y.O. are really promising. All she needs is one killer song, like Together Again was on Velvet Rope. Babe, do it!

Make Me should be giving her the hit she needs. A&M didn't release it to radio in the US though and not sure if it's been "officially" releasd overseas.

Like I said The Best is doing what it's supposed to be doing putting Janet's name back out there. You'd think with a bit of UK promo next week the album will hit top 20.

If you look at it's first week sales in the UK it sold 20k compare that to Disicpline's first week sales of 3k. Enough said.

The only person the UK really wants is Michael.

with TII, he was about to break two world records in that one single UK city.

Janet Jackson is Michael's loving and dear sister, but she is NOT MICHAEL.

Well said.:clapping:

Go Mike (My love)

CHART DATE: 11/30/2009
LAST UPDATE: 11/30/2009 16:16:43
NOW IN: 54.98%

8 13 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 52,151
THIS IS IT

37 23 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 30,216
NUMBER ONES

-- 36 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 15,532
BAD

After She get's done with that promo in the UK, she need's to come back here cause she's just about flopping despite the AMA performance.

22 50 JANET JACKSON A&M 11,218

MJ can sell out shows, sell millions of albums and products based on his name alone. Janet, Whitney and Madonna can do that but only to an extent. Janet didn't have media attention this entire decade but she still managed to debut in the #1 slot and fill up seats.

MJ can sell out shows, sell millions of albums and products based on his name alone. Janet, Whitney and Madonna can do that but only to an extent. Janet didn't have media attention this entire decade but she still managed to debut in the #1 slot and fill up seats.
What??? Janet didn't have media attention this entire decade??? please explain

She's still blacklisted on radio and lacked promotion on her projects (minus film).
ok so being blacklisted on the radio (which started after 2003) stoped her from showing up on every talkshow in America? performing at award shows? and from doing radio interviews?

ok so being blacklisted on the radio (which started after 2003) stoped her from showing up on every talkshow in America? performing at award shows? and from doing radio interviews?

Every talk show in America? :lol:

Award shows? BET and Billboard awards.....

Radio interviews? What use is that going to do if they don't play her music? :mellow:

Every talk show in America? :lol:

Award shows? BET and Billboard awards.....

Radio interviews? What use is that going to do if they don't play her music? :mellow:
Lol yep

The View, 106 & Park, the Today show, Letterman, Leno, Oprah, Ellen etc...

And don't try and act like doing radio interviews don't help cause SHE didn't seem to think so since SHE was doing them. They were playing her music just fine...please... I swear you JJ fdie-hards...wow

Lol yep

The View, 106 & Park, the Today show, Letterman, Leno, Oprah, Ellen etc...

And don't try and act like doing radio interviews don't help cause SHE didn't seem to think so since SHE was doing them. They were playing her music just fine...please... I swear you JJ fdie-hards...wow

I'm not being biased! She honestly didn't get the promotion she deserved these past few years. I know 20 Y.O. got promotion (talk shows, magazines) except for radio and MTV. Damita Jo was overshadowed by the whole Superbowl debacle. Radio is a HUGE part of promotion, without it artists won't sell. Janet doesn't have radio on her side.

Last edited:
How is it doing in the US? I know a lot people had cds come out these last 2 weeks.

i think people make threads like this to make an underhand jab at Janet when she's done not a damn thing but be sweet as pie and then to go out the way to compare her to Michael is just wrong. If not for the tragic death of Michael he would not be pulling these numbers, deserved or not. So your comparison is so low and michael die hards continue to hate on her out of pure jealousy.

LOL. Jealous of what? Oh My! I can't believe this is even a subject.

Yes it is unfair to compare MJ and Janet. Completely. But it really gets out of hand when outsiders come in and diminish MJ's legacy as if he's secondhand to whomever is being endorsed in this case, Janet.

P.S. Thriller didn't need a death. He was more than alive when it became and still is the best selling album worldwide luv.

You say he wouldn't sell as big as he's selling now. Well let me upgrade you lol. HIS concert (This is it) SOLD OUT numerous times BEFORE HE DIED.

Last edited:
i think people make threads like this to make an underhand jab at Janet when she's done not a damn thing but be sweet as pie and then to go out the way to compare her to Michael is just wrong. If not for the tragic death of Michael he would not be pulling these numbers, deserved or not. So your comparison is so low and michael die hards continue to hate on her out of pure jealousy.

I agree, It's pure jealousy.

LOL. Jealous of what? Oh My! I can't believe this is even a subject.

Yes it is unfair to compare MJ and Janet. Completely. But it really gets out of hand when outsiders come in and diminish MJ's legacy as if he's secondhand to whomever is being endorsed in this case, Janet.

P.S. Thriller didn't need a death. He was more than alive when it became and still is the best selling album worldwide luv.

You say he wouldn't sell as big as he's selling now. Well let me upgrade you lol. HIS concert (This is it) SOLD OUT numerous times BEFORE HE DIED.

what's an "outsider" i must ask. Is it a fan who refuses to co-sign on the idea that Michael was God and that he shouldn't take any responsibility for his life?

And jealous? yeah that's the word I'd use. More so threatened. neither can ever be understood by an observer, but can indeed be identified.

Janet never once tried to be michael jackson and who could blame her for wanting to be like her brother. she chose to carve out her own place in this world and has done a great job at.

yes michael's concert sold out in London, but the out pouring, almost Tsunami like love for Michael Jackson was just not there around the world or in the media . It's normal for people to take an introspective look at a person after their death and find how truly valuable a person is. this outpouring all happened when michael died not when he announced he'd
be going on tour. In fact many people were sitting back waiting for a disaster so they could find another reason to joke about michael. many even secretly thought the incident that occurred on June 25 was a stunt and michael trying to get out of performing.

Now, if you want to start comparing albums. Go back to blood on the dance floor, and invincible, neither came near selling the numbers michael is pulling today. let compare apples to apples. you cannot compare michael's sales before his death to after his death.

Again Janet is Janet but some michael fans hate on her for no logical reason, when they'd never say such things in front of michael. You all know he'd defend her success to no end. And you all have the nerve to call yourself Michael's fans when you take every chance you get to rip the life out of his dear sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back