It looks like 3D version of the Munich 1997 concert was made years ago

I’ve said it a few times but I’m still hoping we get a Wembley box set. MJ was on fire for the Wembley shows. And we know there’s one in HD from Bad!

dam2040;4301280 said:
I’ve said it a few times but I’m still hoping we get a Wembley box set. MJ was on fire for the Wembley shows. And we know there’s one in HD from Bad!

Agreed. This would be an epic package considering he holds the record for 7 sold out shows there. Queen packaged 2 wembley shows together on bluray I think.

Serious Effect;4301278 said:
Cool idea, but allow me to fix it:
Disc 1 - Bad World Tour (insert location here) 1988 HD (remember what we're aiming for right now)
Disc 2 - Dangerous World Tour Tokyo, Japan 1992 HD (NOT Bucharest; any concerts that were shot with film cameras?)
Disc 3 - HIStory World Tour Australia 1996 or (some concert in) June 1997 HD (3D maybe)

Perfect.

Cool idea, but allow me to fix it:
Disc 1 - Bad World Tour (insert location here) 1988 HD (remember what we're aiming for right now)
Disc 2 - Dangerous World Tour Tokyo, Japan 1992 HD (NOT Bucharest; any concerts that were shot with film cameras?)
Disc 3 - HIStory World Tour Australia 1996 or (some concert in) June 1997 HD (3D maybe)
Cool setup. And you were right to pick Tokyo since I believe one (or some) of those shows were shot on film cameras (there is a clip of BOW in film quality). Wembley would be great too cuz that Jam performance is the most energetic I have seen besides Copenhagen. At that point, it is between Wembley and Tokyo (I want to see a Tokyo show but also that energetic Wembley show). For HWT, Prague, Brunei, Bremen, any concert in June 97 (like you said, Amsterdam or Milan would be great), or Basel are good choices. The only Australian concert I want to watch is the first one in Sydney where Beat It was sung live. Plus that show looks pretty energetic, judging from the short snippets. But the top choices I mentioned are probably better.

That is because negative comments get deleted by the owner of a YouTube channel where these videos are uploaded on, thus only the favourable ones stay.

There were better performances of these songs from the HIStory Tour that come from 1996.

The 1996 leg was generally better compared to the 1997 leg, and in particular the 1996 Kaohsiung HIStory concert which has been described as probably the best concert from the entire HIStory Tour.

Also, keep in mind that in the two Munich HIStory concerts in 1997, Michael Jackson was suffering from flu, and he was on medication in order to perform those two concerts, which clearly affected adversely his dance moves.

There is also the ‘Smooth Criminal’ lean accident from one of his backup dancers in the Munich concert, which was among the reasons for the cancellation of that concert’s release at that time.
What about the Heal the World song for both July 4 and July 6 1997 Munich Concerts? Some people said that it was his best performance with children ever. Is that true?

Back