It looks like 3D version of the Munich 1997 concert was made years ago

Imagine angles of Michael's behind or crotch right in your face...I bet some would not mind that enthralling experience.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:.........that would be umm kinda embrassing actually

Did they know about the lip-syncing? I have a feeling that most people wouldn't be impressed if they knew about it before watching.

Yeh but michael made up for it with his amazing dancing skills

Yeh but michael made up for it with his amazing dancing skills

But his previous tours showed off both his dancing skills and his singing skills. Why not have the best of both worlds?

kai;4300468 said:
I couldn't care less about a HWT release...
Maybe the reason they didn't released it is that they actually noticed too late that the majority of the fans not really care about that tour..

Nite Line;4300470 said:
Who even cares about 3D anymore? And besides we don’t need an official release of History tour, especially the Munich concert when it’s available on youtube.

Hulkamaniac;4300492 said:

See? Attitudes like this, within the fandom, is why we don't get anything. Too much whining.

ScreenOrigami;4300493 said:
How come Damien saw the demo in 2014 but is only now talking about it? Or has this been a topic back then already?

ScreenOrigami;4300496 said:
That’s what I thought also. But why would that have changed now? I’m not trying to suggest anything, I’m just curious, trying to make sense of such developments. :)

He has a book out, that he's trying to sell (released 22nd June 2018 - convenient date).
Maybe the back story is in the book, since that's what the book is mostly about. Back stories.

40788164._SY475_.jpg

Mikky Dee;4300588 said:
He has a book out, that he's trying to sell (released 22nd June 2018 - convenient date).
Maybe the back story is in the book, since that's what the book is mostly about. Back stories.

I see. But let’s say the story is in this book from 2018, why haven’t we heard about it before? Surely someone who read it would have mentioned it, no?

And if it isn’t in this (quite recent) book, what has changed since its release that he’s talking about it now but didn’t when he wrote the book, even though he wrote it years after having seen the demo, and the project had long since been shelved?

^The story is not in the book. The book is about the songs on Xscape (the originals) and the surrounding sessions.

^The story is not in the book. The book is about the songs on Xscape (the originals) and the surrounding sessions.

Oh, ok. Then the story would of course have been outside the scope of this book. Thanks for clearing this up. :)

I’ve read the Songs and Stories From The Vault book and the Munich 1997 concert is not mentioned at all.
The book talks about the story of each song that was released on Xscape.

Edit: SoCav, you were faster than me lol

See? Attitudes like this, within the fandom, is why we don't get anything. Too much whining.

I'm not one of those fans who is going to accept every single release the Estate gives us. You seem to be one of those fans who seem to be happy with everything that Michael did and think he was perfect. No me, so I'm not going to be happy with the release of History Tour, as it's a very flawed tour in my eyes.

Nite Line;4300602 said:
I'm not one of those fans who is going to accept every single release the Estate gives us. You seem to be one of those fans who seem to be happy with everything that Michael did and think he was perfect. No me, so I'm not going to be happy with the release of History Tour, as it's a very flawed tour in my eyes.

No one forces you to buy everything if you don’t like it, but why spoil the fun for others?

ScreenOrigami;4300604 said:
No one forces you to buy everything if you don’t like it, but why spoil the fun for others?

I think many are worried that HIStory Tour release could damage Michael's reputation as a live performer. LN documentary might have done damage to his legacy so I don't think they should release a concert full of lip-syncing next. I would be ok if they released it at some point but they should release a better concert first. Something that shows Michael at his best.

Galactus123;4300605 said:
I think many are worried that HIStory Tour release could damage Michael's reputation as a live performer. LN documentary might have done damage to his legacy so I don't think they should release a concert full of lip-syncing next. I would be ok if they released it at some point but they should release a better concert first. Something that shows Michael at his best.

That’s a valid concern. I’m just arguing that constantly facing negativity is exhausting for fans who actually enjoy most of or even everything MJ did. It’s certainly okay to not like something, but do we really have to read over and over that this is crap and that is shit, and don’t get me started about this particular thing? Can we possibly keep it a little bit more positive overall?

ScreenOrigami;4300604 said:

I'm not spoiling the fun for others. I'm just giving my opinion about History Tour in 3D, which I have every right to. I have an issue with some fans thinking that everything Michael did in his career was perfect and any fans giving a valid criticism of a tour or even an album is called "whiners".

Last edited:
ScreenOrigami;4300608 said:
That’s a valid concern. I’m just arguing that constantly facing negativity is exhausting for fans who actually enjoy most of or even everything MJ did. It’s certainly okay to not like something, but do we really have to read over and over that this is crap and that is shit, and don’t get me started about this particular thing? Can we possibly keep it a little bit more positive overall?

And it's exhausting for fans who don't love every single thing he did to face suppression attempts and sometimes outright attacks from people who glorify Michael like some kind of deity. Tolerance.

And it's exhausting for fans who don't love every single thing he did to face suppression attempts and sometimes outright attacks from people who glorify Michael like some kind of deity. Tolerance.

Thank you.

Some fans take their obsession with celebrities to a whole new level. For them, their favourite celebrity is literally a God who is/was perfect and could do no wrong. That is the danger of stan culture.

Tolerance goes both ways. Ridiculing people for liking things that certain people don’t deem cool enough is not a prime example for tolerance.

Still boggles my mind that Thriller hasn't been released in HD.
I figured I'd never see it but i was so happy when I did see it. It's complete! I have no idea why they just wont release it. Im glad i bootlegged it. They may never release it. I wish they would release visions in its entirety to 4k the way thriller was except changing the music!

ScreenOrigami;4300614 said:
Tolerance goes both ways. Ridiculing people for liking things that certain people don’t deem cool enough is not a prime example for tolerance.

If you love everything Michael did, that's fine. The problem is when you take issue with people who feel differently, as if Michael was perfect and everything he did has to be loved. He wasn't and it doesn't.

Anna;4300617 said:
If you love everything Michael did, that's fine. The problem is when you take issue with people who feel differently, as if Michael was perfect and everything he did has to be loved. He wasn't and it doesn't.

I’m not saying everything has to be loved. That’s putting words in my mouth that I never said. I’m only advocating for a little less negativity on what is supposed to be a fan forum.

Look, I do not completely support a Munich 3D release, but if that's what the Estate wants to do, and that's what some fans do not mind, I won't piss in their cornflakes. You wanna see HIStory Tour released? Ok, fine, have fun, and I don't exactly mean that sardonically. But I have nothing against those who support this. Good for you for supporting a concert release.

Then again, I feel as though people who criticize projects like this, specifically Munich in 3D, are only trying to look out for the Estate and our idol, even if giving off the wrong impression, one that screams a lack of gratitude or tolerance. No one is a representative of the fan community, but there are those who are more appreciative of the situation and those who are wiser to the consequences of it. Some approve of a HIStory Tour release as it is still a Michael Jackson tour after all and are grateful to the Estate for releasing it in high quality in 3D, and others who oppose it as it would taint Michael's image as an entertainer (lipsynching a two-hour concert, bad vocals in live songs, etc.), and there can be better and more influential releases from previous tours (Bad, Dangerous, etc.).

TL;DR It is just a matter of understanding both sides of the spectrum, lel.

ScreenOrigami;4300621 said:
I’m not saying everything has to be loved. That’s putting words in my mouth that I never said. I’m only advocating for a little less negativity on what is supposed to be a fan forum.

Fan forum doesn't mean stan forum. Fans can love Michael and also not like everything he did and they should be free to express that.

ScreenOrigami;4300621 said:

The purpose of a fan forum is for fans to give their opinions and share their views, as long as what they say is respectful and doesn't cross the line. Fan forums aren't a place for fans to worship Michael Jackson and everything he did.

Last edited:
Nite Line;4300625 said:
The purpose of a fan forum is for fans to give their opinions and share their views, as long as what they saw is respectful and doesn't cross the line. Fan forums aren't a place for fans to worship Michael Jackson and everything he did.

See, this is what I mean. Liking something that you don’t means I’m “worshiping” everything. This is not what I would call respectfully disagreeing on something.

ScreenOrigami;4300628 said:
See, this is what I mean. Liking something that you don’t means I’m “worshiping” everything. This is not what I would call respectfully disagreeing on something.

It's nothing to do with you liking something, it's that you object to other fans expressing that they don't.

ScreenOrigami;4300608 said:

You're basically asking for fans not to say they don't like something because it bothers you? I do not see anyone who doesn't like HIStory tour quoting people and saying that they shouldn't like it.

SmoothGangsta;4300646 said:
You're basically asking for fans not to say they don't like something because it bothers you? I do not see anyone who doesn't like HIStory tour quoting people and saying that they shouldn't like it.

I’m saying that the constant negativity is exhausting. It’s ok not to like something, but why bring it up over and over again? It’s not possible to have a conversation without someone jumping in and bashing whatever is being talked about. This forum is turning into a negativity echo chamber because all the positive people quit posting.

ScreenOrigami;4300648 said:
It’s not possible to have a conversation without someone jumping in and bashing whatever is being talked about.
What do you expect on a forum? Everyone has different views, feelings, and opinions. And everyone has equal right to express them respectfully. The problem here is situations like this where there is a lack of tolerance for different views; someone thinks their feelings are more valid than someone else's and the thread ends up getting derailed.

No one is going to be suppressed on either side. That's the bottom line, so get used to it.

Now can we please move on.

Back