It looks like 3D version of the Munich 1997 concert was made years ago

Branca stated they were making History 3D way back at the Bad25 press conference. He said he was listening to History a lot back then. The Bad tour is the only concert that should be released in cinemas period.

I'm not a big fan of the tour but would be interesting to see it in 3D. The only problem is that I don't have 3D tv. Most don't. Maybe like 5% of the buyers could watch this in 3D.

I'm not a big fan of the tour but would be interesting to see it in 3D. The only problem is that I don't have 3D tv. Most don't. Maybe like 5% of the buyers could watch this in 3D.

Same. It would have to be a theatrical release, so that everyone can enjoy it. In my opinion, 3D works best on a big screen anyway.

A 3D Michael Jackson concert would be bizarre wouldn't it? It sounds exciting, but I have never watched a concert in 3D, nor heard of one. Do those even exist? Are they even meant to be viewed in that format? Think about this: if the London concert was not properly dealt with in terms of enhancement, how will they succeed in converting a 1997 concert into 3D? Well, one cay argue that the Thriller music video was converted into 3D successfully back when the Scream album was released, so that should prove the Estate's ability to achieve that. However, this is a whole concert, not a short film. Over two hours of footage, in comparison to a music video that barely clocks up to fourteen minutes. The Munich show may be in clear definition, but how it will be converted into 3D, automatically rendering it a "grand and new" experience, puzzles me. Let's be honest, the Bad Tour in just clear, non-3D quality is much more realistic, and less costly. I am aware that this displays myself as griping about the shelved project, but I am just trying to make sense of it all.

Serious Effect;4300756 said:
A 3D Michael Jackson concert would be bizarre wouldn't it? It sounds exciting, but I have never watched a concert in 3D, nor heard of one. Do those even exist? Are they even meant to be viewed in that format? Think about this: if the London concert was not properly dealt with in terms of enhancement, how will they succeed in converting a 1997 concert into 3D? Well, one cay argue that the Thriller music video was converted into 3D successfully back when the Scream album was released, so that should prove the Estate's ability to achieve that. However, this is a whole concert, not a short film. Over two hours of footage, in comparison to a music video that barely clocks up to fourteen minutes. The Munich show may be in clear definition, but how it will be converted into 3D, automatically rendering it a "grand and new" experience, puzzles me. Let's be honest, the Bad Tour in just clear, non-3D quality is much more realistic, and less costly. I am aware that this displays myself as griping about the shelved project, but I am just trying to make sense of it all.

Yup, of course we all want the Bad Tour on film. But it’s not either-or. We could have both – if this 3D concert already exists. Which I doubt, for the exact reasons you just outlined. ;)

EDIT: There are a couple of 3D concerts, but I believe they were all filmed with 3D technology. U2 did one. And I think Metallica and a few others.

Last edited:
ScreenOrigami;4300758 said:
Yup, of course we all want the Bad Tour on film. But it’s not either-or. We could have both – if this 3D concert already exists. Which I doubt, for the exact reasons you just outlined. ;)
Of course, I would not really mind both, as I am in full support of viewing a Bad Tour show on film, and a little agog to see how a 3D concert will turn out. My curiosity may overshadow my suspicion in that case. Otherwise, I guess we have found common ground. :)

Of course, I would not really mind both, as I am in full support of viewing a Bad Tour show on film, and a little agog to see how a 3D concert will turn out. My curiosity may overshadow my suspicion in that case. Otherwise, I guess we have found common ground. :)

I think the people in the gold pants appreciation thread would also be on board with this 3D release. :D

I think the people in the gold pants appreciation thread would also be on board with this 3D release. :D
GrpE2bz.png

Hulkamaniac;4300762 said:
I cringe so hard with some comments on here. No offense tho.

What’s the point of posting this if you’re not trying to offend?

Now this something I wanna see. Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone and Smooth Criminal would look amazing in 3D.
1161691-bt75.jpg

Last edited:
dam2040;4300768 said:
What’s the point of posting this if you’re not trying to offend?

Because I'm in the "discussion" forum, and the point of it is giving your opinion about anything. And that's what I did.

Things that would better released in 3D instead of the HIStory Tour

1. Any of Michael's previous tours
2. Moonwalker
3. Ghosts
4. Thriller

analogue;4300770 said:
Now this something I wanna see. Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone and Smooth Criminal would look amazing in 3D.
1161691-bt75.jpg

Moonwalker 3D! :love:

I’m addicted to Moonwalker. :woohoo:

analogue;4300774 said:

2. Moonwalker
3. Ghosts
4. Thriller

I agree. Unfortunately that’s not the choice we’re given. The choice – if any at all – is between Munich 97 3D and nothing 3D. ;)

ScreenOrigami;4300777 said:
I agree. Unfortunately that’s not the choice we’re given. The choice – if any at all – is between Munich 97 3D and nothing 3D. ;)

Wrong ;)

Did you completely forget about Thriller? It was shown in very few selected theaters from some countries and NOT worldwide.

We can't not force people to like to like the history tour. in my opinion if they gonna rerelease the tour it need to be a better tour. why this tour? it can be any other history tour but this.

also we are dying for tours like victory and all michael early tours. while history is not my favorite tour they can do better. :no:

This actually all started because you said that people saying they weren't interested in this release were "whining". You could have easily just let people express their opinions and move on.

Actually, I was making a broader referral to ALL whining, boycotting, lack of interest and lack of support (rather than just what we might see in a HIStory Tour thread).... which is why I think that we, as a fan base, don't get to see as many releases as might see, if circumstances were different. And people are continuing to express their opinions, just as I have expressed mine.

Hulkamaniac;4300792 said:
Wrong ;)

Did you completely forget about Thriller? It was shown in very few selected theaters from some countries and NOT worldwide.

That’s right. I hope we get to see it this Halloween. Maybe the further distribution was stuck because they didn’t want to feed Quincy’s lawsuit with more things he might bring up. Now that this is out of the way, I really hope we’ll get to see it worldwide.

That wouldn’t prevent them to also release a 3D concert, if it already existed. Do one thing for Halloween and another for the Holiday season or whenever.

I don't dislike the history tour because michael wanted to try different stuff. i dislike it because he so out of it. but i appreciate him doing the tour even though i didn't like it.

2. Moonwalker
3. Ghosts
4. Thriller
Don't forget about the Amazing Captain EO. Both EO and Thriller are already in 3D.

I personally love 3D movies and watch them all the time at home. I also have the This is It 3D edition (only the background videos are in 3D, but still a great watch). I'd buy any MJ 3D release they make.

Captain EO was a stunning experience in 3D at Disneyland. I was pretty depressed when I was enlightened of its closing at the theme park because it was a fun time viewing the film in 3D. That is one release I would certainly await with pleasure. As for the short films, I wish to see tip-top enhancements before I enjoy them in 3D.

I’ve just watched the entire show after al these years and it was amazing. I don’t mind an official release. It’s still one of the best shows on earth. No other artist till this day even comes close.

Serious Effect;4300886 said:
Captain EO was a stunning experience in 3D at Disneyland. I was pretty depressed when I was enlightened of its closing at the theme park because it was a fun time viewing the film in 3D. That is one release I would certainly await with pleasure. As for the short films, I wish to see tip-top enhancements before I enjoy them in 3D.

I don’t know much about the technical side of 3D movies. Is the kind of 3D technology used in the Disney parks compatible with regular 3D movie theaters and 3D home theater technology? Or would it have to be reworked for a wider release?

IMWhizzle;4301010 said:
I’ve just watched the entire show after al these years and it was amazing. I don’t mind an official release. It’s still one of the best shows on earth. No other artist till this day even comes close.

I did the same, just to make sure I didn’t misremember it. Sometimes the discussions here make me doubt my own judgement. :D

I'm not totally against the idea of a 3D HIStory Tour release some sort, we are talking about the Estate of the most successful entertainer of all time surely they have to power to release something like..

It would work well in a Blu Ray/3D Box Set

Disc 1 - BAD Tour, LA 1989 Blu Ray
Disc 2 - Dangerous Tour, another professionally shot one that could be a Blu Ray release not Bucharest (Bremen/Tokyo/Munich??) Blu Ray
Disc 3 - HIStory Tour, Munich 3D Blu Ray

That might soften the blow in the fan base.

Dangerous1991;4301209 said:
I'm not totally against the idea of a 3D HIStory Tour release some sort, we are talking about the Estate of the most successful entertainer of all time surely they have to power to release something like..

Disc 2 - Dangerous Tour, another professionally shot one that could be a Blu Ray release not Bucharest (Bremen/Tokyo/Munich??) Blu Ray

A solo tour package would be great (rehearsals included and I’m fully in for it)

And they can put THIS IS IT 3D at Disc 4, and also they can make a tour doc and make a Disc 5
A Michael Jackson Solo Tours Bluray Boxset
That will be awesome!! I will definitely buy it

Cool idea, but allow me to fix it:
Disc 1 - Bad World Tour (insert location here) 1988 HD (remember what we're aiming for right now)
Disc 2 - Dangerous World Tour Tokyo, Japan 1992 HD (NOT Bucharest; any concerts that were shot with film cameras?)
Disc 3 - HIStory World Tour Australia 1996 or (some concert in) June 1997 HD (3D maybe)

Back