Jackson 5: The Complete Album Collection - November 25, 2013

Re: In November 25, 2013 > Jackson 5: The Complete Album Collection

This is awesome. I'll try and order in a week or two, hopefully it's still available by then. -crosses fingers-

Ill be doing the same thing... Although i hate getting myself things around Christmas time so I may get it after Christmas once I have everyone else taken care of

Better start saving :)

Thanks for the heads up Ashtanga

Now that Michael owns his entire catalog (Motown Records was acquired via Branca acting in the estate's interest), is this ok'd by the estate? I don't do bootlegs. Seeing that this is only available in Europe is a huge red flag that it IS.

Now that Michael owns his entire catalog (Motown Records was acquired via Branca acting in the estate's interest), is this ok'd by the estate? I don't do bootlegs. Seeing that this is only available in Europe is a huge red flag that it IS.

Just because it's only released in Europe it doesn't mean it's bootleg. It isn't. It's released by Universal Music which is the record company that bought out Motown.

Here it is advertised on Universal Music Italia: http://www.universalmusic.it/pop/artista/discografia/?ccidp=30593260736

I just ordered it. :clap:

If you are someone who want to collect all of Michael's works and that includes Jackson 5 material then it's really a great opportunity. Some of those albums are very rare now - for example if you want to buy In Japan! (which is a live concert album) you can only find collectors items now and at a very expensive price. And the same is true a couple of other albums as well. So it's really a great chance to have all J5 albums at once and at a very good price.

Last edited:

glad the estate have clearance from motown, now we may see the early filmed concerts on blu ray in the future.. maybe for J5 50th anniversary? :wild: as a celebration of this release i have professionally colour corrected & enhanced this early 1970's photo of Michael. https://twitter.com/ImSoBIue/status/402806162619633664/photo/1/large

I just ordered it. :clap:

:woohoo:
kermit.gif
tumblr_m8pgrqJ7QC1r6kpk7.gif

Hmm, German Amazon raised the price to 60.99 euros. A couple of days ago I ordered it for 54.99 or so. Right now it's the cheapest on French Amazon (50.99 euros): http://www.amazon.fr/Complete-Album-Collection-Jackson-5/dp/B00F01QU7Q

Spanish FNAC price is the same as "the current German Amazon price" (aka 60.99 Euros link --->http://musica.fnac.es/a947576/Jackson-5-Complete-Album-Collection-Edicion-Box-Set-CD-album under order only and provide 8 to 10 days for delivery once order is confirmed)

Today my J5 box set was delivered. I'm incredible happy with it, it's a beautiful package! I have been waiting for something like this for such a long time. Finally I own all J5 albums! Now my MJ collection is almost complete, the only thing I need now are the 4 solo studio albums he did at Motown. I already have the '2 for 1' package 'Got To Be There' + 'Forever Michael', but I would like to have the albums separate with the original covers. So please Motown/Universal also release a Michael Jackson box set containing 'Got To Be There, Ben, Music & Me and Forever Michael.

Today my J5 box set was delivered. I'm incredible happy with it, it's a beautiful package! I have been waiting for something like this for such a long time. Finally I own all J5 albums! Now my MJ collection is almost complete, the only thing I need now are the 4 solo studio albums he did at Motown. I already have the '2 for 1' package 'Got To Be There' + 'Forever Michael', but I would like to have the albums separate with the original covers. So please Motown/Universal also release a Michael Jackson box set containing 'Got To Be There, Ben, Music & Me and Forever Michael.

Mine is scheduled to arrive on December 2.

Yeah, I bought a copy when I was in London in 2009 :'(

$120! I think my wallet just screamed for mercy. That's more money than I have spent on anything in my collection.

As much as I like the J5 stuff... I think I'll stick to my bootlegs until that goes down in price.

Might be a little late, but I was wondering if anyone who purchased this boxset could grade the remastering. A review on Amazon said the remastering is bad, but I'd like the opinion of an MJ fan. You guys can spot any audio distortion or bad remastering when it comes to MJ, so I'd like to know sound "quality" wise is it worth the purchase?

$120! I think my wallet just screamed for mercy. That's more money than I have spent on anything in my collection.

As much as I like the J5 stuff... I think I'll stick to my bootlegs until that goes down in price.
me too...I have all the albums on cd and lp. not going to buy just because they're in a fancy box :D

Might be a little late, but I was wondering if anyone who purchased this boxset could grade the remastering. A review on Amazon said the remastering is bad, but I'd like the opinion of an MJ fan. You guys can spot any audio distortion or bad remastering when it comes to MJ, so I'd like to know sound "quality" wise is it worth the purchase?

I am with you on this before i buy it i want to know if it is worth it.:chillin:

The sound quality is excellent, the J5 re-issues by Universal/Motown since Soulsation! (1995 4-CD box set) are all very well done remasters. No noise, no hiss and no distortion at all. I can also recommend the rarities collection "Come And Get It - The Rare Pearls" (2-CD, 2012) and the live album "Live At The Forum" (2-CD, 2010).

Back