Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
Any professional promoter would know they cant use Michael's name, songs or image without the approval of the Estate, and that having the support of the family doesnt mean much. That, to begin with, is really strange. I mean, we, as fans, know it...

You guys crack me up with that Michael told us to love and not to judge. We are not Michael we do what we want. Quoting Michael's words has well "tight knit my ass"

Good to know you listened to his message... :smilerolleyes:

As far as I heard he was celebrating his birthday with that happyland lady in Asia. They probably arranged the press conference on this day to make sure he was far away and couldn't crash this party lol

Yep that seems right

no. if what u say happens then sure..it'll be yet another failure to the jackson's name. i'm just ready to give them a chance. i'm sick of judging everyone who mentions michael's name. i'm sick of people saying katherine jackson doesnt love her son and what not. that women is grieving more than all of us put together and i wouldnt in hells name accuse her of some of the things people here are accusing her of. mj told us to love, not to judge, to let go of hatred. as mj fans i believe thats what we should b trying to do. i believe kj has made some silly decisions but....look i dunno. i don't want to offend everyone...i just wish we'd all just calm down a little

unfortunatly katherine has been judged on her actions since 09.before then fans the same as mj thought she could do no wrong.but sadly her actions have changed that for many.dont blame ppl for judging blame the person whos actions caused things to change.no one is doubting she loves her son but that doest mean shes hasnt done wrong things either.and that she will be judged on those thing.

Mj was not a saint he was happy when told bob jones had died told ppl to go to hell.and i highly doubt he would be hapoy about the actions of some inregards to making money off his name and children.to think he would not have an issue either makes u fan post 09 who knows nothing about how mj felt about his kids or makes u so far up the jacksons ass they will defend them no matter what and shows u have no respect for mj. ( you is a general comment not made at anyone inparticular)

I wonder why Wales out of all places. But I'm 99.9% certain this will not happen and if it does? Epic fail.

Its the only stadium in the uk with a roof.so if u wanna use a stadium outside of summer and not an arena its the only option

A $100,000 trust fund for 3 kids who will inherit millions someday? Embarrassing.

Alas, a new day and still no word on "THE GALAXY OF INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTARS."

Who's name will be announced first: Gaga or the ONE Pointer Sister that was willing to perform in Jermaine's failed MJ Tribute? LOL!

The user Christine3110 has written in the German forum that Global Live was founded only in March, 2011.

globallive+-+Copy.jpg

http://www.mjackson.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=44270&d=1311686074

Maybe somebody from GB should have a look at the register. Which people stand behind this society?
(Names are always important....)

I anticipate nothing good....

Yes you're correct:

Name & Registered Office:
GLOBAL LIVE EVENTS LLP
89 WHITELADIES ROAD
BRISTOL
UNITED KINGDOM
BS8 2NT
Company No. OC363200

Date of Incorporation: 29/03/2011 :bugeyed

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Limited Liability Partnership
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 31/03
Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 29/12/2012
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due: 26/04/2012

Notice the registered address is Bristol. That might explain why the event is in Cardiff and not London (Cardiff's ALOT closer to Bristol than London is).

Another interesting point.
89 Whiteladies Rd is the address of a bar called 'Bar Humbug'.

Bar Humbug

http://www.barhumbug.co.uk/

Public Houses, Bars & Inns (Shops & other Retail Outlets) based in the Whiteladies Road area of Bristol
Tel: 0117-904 0061
Address: 89 Whiteladies Road Bristol Avon BS8 2NT .

Last edited:
Alas, a new day and still no word on "THE GALAXY OF INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTARS."

Who's name will be announced first: Gaga or the ONE Pointer Sister that was willing to perform in Jermaine's failed MJ Tribute? LOL!

No, I think it is not not Gaga.....but maybe M 4, which are managed of Dieter Wiesner. (Ironie!)

look, for example, here: http://www.jwjackson.com/?p=378

Intresting. The website claims to have worked with alot of artists and at diff events over the years. Is it defo the same company

JMie;3444472 said:
is this promoter is really well-known? I can't find their website.

their website is http://www.globalliveeventsuk.com/

Mneme;3444573 said:
The user Christine3110 has written in the German forum that Global Live was founded only in March, 2011.

globallive+-+Copy.jpg

http://www.mjackson.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=44270&d=1311686074

Maybe somebody from GB should have a look at the register. Which people stand behind this society?
(Names are always important....)

I anticipate nothing good....

bobmoo79;3444583 said:
Yes you're correct:

Name & Registered Office:
GLOBAL LIVE EVENTS LLP
89 WHITELADIES ROAD
BRISTOL
UNITED KINGDOM
BS8 2NT
Company No. OC363200

<TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" summary="Table containing company details." border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=yellowCreamTable vAlign=top align=left>Status: Active
Date of Incorporation: 29/03/2011 :bugeyed

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
<!-- Content-End -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=yellowCreamTable vAlign=top align=left><!-- Content-Start title="Company Details" -->Company Type: Limited Liability Partnership
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
None Supplied
<!-- Content-End -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=yellowCreamTable vAlign=top align=left><!-- Content-Start title="Company Details" -->Accounting Reference Date: 31/03
Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 29/12/2012
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due: 26/04/2012
<!-- Content-End -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Notice the registered address is Bristol. That might explain why the event is in Cardiff and not London (Cardiff's ALOT closer to Bristol than London is).

Another interesting point.
89 Whiteladies Rd is the address of a bar called 'Bar Humbug'.

Bar Humbug

http://www.barhumbug.co.uk/

Public Houses, Bars & Inns (Shops & other Retail Outlets) based in the Whiteladies Road area of Bristol
Tel: 0117-904 0061
Address: 89 Whiteladies Road Bristol Avon BS8 2NT .

I think they took that information from a blog - http://mjtruthversuslies.blogspot.com/2011/07/utter-disappointment.html

Here's what they posted.

globallive+-+Copy.jpg

elusive moonwalker;3444587 said:
Intresting. The website claims to have worked with alot of artists and at diff events over the years. Is it defo the same company

After learning the company was established in 2011, we looked into their credentials.

For example they had this page on their website but later removed it from the top links

http://www.globalliveeventsuk.com/category/events

when you look to the events they seem high profile right? Well there's one problem those event page they had is a rip off from "Done and Dusted Productions".

For example Global Live Events claims to have worked with Michael Jackson. The reality is that Done and Dusted had worked with Michael in the Dame Elizabeth - A Musical Celebration productions.

However Chris Hunt name can be found at "Iambic Productions" which was a part of Done and Dusted Productions but later became private. Perhaps that's why he's referencing work from Done and Dusted. Iambic Productions own work credits are as follows. They all TV shows btw.

The Truth About Boy Bands (2007)
ABBA &#8211; Thank You For The Music (2006)
The One and Only Michael Jackson (2006)
Imagine: The Beatles in 'Love' (2006)
The People's Chorus (2006)
Joan Sutherland &#8211; The Reluctant Prima Donna (2006)
Stuart Sutcliffe &#8211; The Lost Beatle (2005)
Elaine Stritch At Liberty (2003 - twice Emmy award winner)
ABBA &#8211; Perfect Hits (2005)
Maria Callas &#8211; Living and Dying For the Art of Love (2004)

Ben;3444511 said:
Any professional promoter would know they cant use Michael's name, songs or image without the approval of the Estate, and that having the support of the family doesnt mean much. That, to begin with, is really strange. I mean, we, as fans, know it...

As of now we don't see any use of Michael's image and likeliness and full name.

so a donation does not guarantee you a ticket for the show?
i do not think many mj fans will go along with that ridiculous thing. And what's up with the secrecy about who's gonna perform? If it's not MJ i dont give a crap. I will not pay that amount of money to listen other artists butchering MJ classics....

What the hell were they thinking? Without approval from the estate, exactly what MJ songs will be performed at this concert? OH hell, i just got a visual of Jerms singing "cuz im a big boy now" onstage....

Last edited:
Jordans Business Information Services

Basic company details for CONCERT FOR MICHAEL LLP:
Registered no: OC361042
Registered office: 89 Whiteladies Road
Bristol
BS8 2NT
Incorporated: 20 Jan 2011

Previous names:
28/03/2011 GLOBAL LIVE EVENTS LLP/CONCERT FOR MICHAEL LLP
02/02/2011 JACKSON TRIBUTE EVENT LLP/GLOBAL LIVE EVENTS LLP
24/01/2011 CONCERT FOR MICHAEL LLP/JACKSON TRIBUTE EVENT LLP

Chris Hunt, Chief Executive Classical TV

A former Chief Executive of the TV production and distribution powerhouse, DCD Media Group, Chris combines deep knowledge of the niche with well-honed management skills. He is respected within the industry, with over 50 personal awards including 4 Emmys. He is President of the IMZ, the worldwide trade body representing music and arts broadcasters, record labels, venues, producers and distributors.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm wondering what kind of tribute it could be if they never show a picture or name Michael.

PS this connected site is showing Michaels dancing feet logo:

http://www.iambic.tv/

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/199/xiambicmediamjdancingfe.jpg/][/URL]

Chris Hunt is referenced as the Chief Executive of Iambic media and Steve Cole as a Director. Steve Cole apparently directed 'The Michael Jackson Story' for ITV which was due to air before the TII concert series. Interviews with Michael's family were included in the programme.

Airdate: The Michael Jackson Story
By David Knox on June 27, 2009
Filed Under Programming
Seven has announced a newly-completed documentary on the life of Michael Jackson will air on Monday night at 7:30pm.
Produced by ITV it includes interviews with his mother, brothers and sisters and other famous performers who worked with Jackson.The documentary had just been completed, to screen ahead of his comeback tour in the UK.

Last edited:
Jordans Business Information Services

Basic company details for CONCERT FOR MICHAEL LLP:
Registered no: OC361042
Registered office: 89 Whiteladies Road
Bristol
BS8 2NT
Incorporated: 20 Jan 2011

Previous names:
28/03/2011 GLOBAL LIVE EVENTS LLP/CONCERT FOR MICHAEL LLP
02/02/2011 JACKSON TRIBUTE EVENT LLP/GLOBAL LIVE EVENTS LLP
24/01/2011 CONCERT FOR MICHAEL LLP/JACKSON TRIBUTE EVENT LLP

Chris Hunt, Chief Executive Classical TV

A former Chief Executive of the TV production and distribution powerhouse, DCD Media Group, Chris combines deep knowledge of the niche with well-honed management skills. He is respected within the industry, with over 50 personal awards including 4 Emmys. He is President of the IMZ, the worldwide trade body representing music and arts broadcasters, record labels, venues, producers and distributors.

why would they name themselves concert for michael in january, february, march etc when they only contacted the family in april?

why would they name themselves concert for michael in january, february, march etc when they only contacted the family in april?

It sounds as though one of the Iambic partners knew the family from directing the ITV programmme ^^ ..perhaps they kept in touch......

So what about the trial and Jermain and Randy not agreeing with this?
:(

I'm guessing that back in Jan / Feb/ March, it was thought that the trial would be over by the end of July...perhaps they booked the stadium and made the arrangements with the Prince's trust and started booking appearances..and then the trial got pushed back...it's only a guess but its feasible. Maybe some wanted to cancel...maybe the stadium has cancellation fees...I don't know.

Jermaine wanted to organise a tribute but that didn't work out...perhaps its upsetting to see someone outside the family succeed where he didn't...I'm sure he wanted to do his best at the time. Maybe Jermaine and Randy hoped to plan a tribute together later on, and this has beaten them to it? I can't see 'big names' turning up for an endless series of MJ tributes.

Last edited:
i dont have twitter so i dont know if it's is legit, but this was posted on another board:

PurpleFedora &#9829; &#9834;&#9835; &#9734;
RT @Willubetheremj Millennium Stadium Cardiff is already booked on 8th October 2011 by another artist! wmc.org.uk/ticketing/prod… Reason to cancel!

Back