James Brown

I love artists who incorporate the mic stand in their performance.
That's one of the reasons why I love my rock guys bc they often do cool stuff with the mike which I love!

Good pants as well, 4 splits and it didn’t rip apart.
I noticed this was a 1976 performance, three years after I saw him. It's got the same sort of vibe. As soon as I started to watch it I was back at the gig. Very, very similar. :D

Absolutely love this performance, dancing is totally unique for JB (he even does a sideglide-esque move at 0:30), his vocals are super clean and the band is on point.
Cool find! I haven't seen this before. Awesome! 😲

@zinniabooklover He dances differently than what I have seen of him in the 60s. It looks like he also constantly evolved his dancing but still kept his trademark style. Also love the 70s moustache 🥸

I’m sad we don’t really have a good look of Jackie Wilson performing. I heard he danced fantastically in the 60s in concert.

@zinniabooklover He dances differently than what I have seen of him in the 60s.
I agree. He had his style and you can see for sure those are JB moves and yet his style does evolve, as you say. Which I love. It's great when someone has an identifiable style but they don't stand still.

It looks like he also constantly evolved his dancing but still kept his trademark style.
oh, sorry! I've just said that! Should've read your comment properly before I replied. 🙄

But, anyway, Yes!!!!!!!!!! I agree! He has a trademark style but never gets boring.

Also love the 70s moustache 🥸
Mm, I'm not so keen on that, ngl. 🤣

He didn't have that in 1973, thank god. I'll let him off though bc his performance here is gorgeous. He looks really cool in this clip.

I’m sad we don’t really have a good look of Jackie Wilson performing. I heard he danced fantastically in the 60s in concert.
It drives me mad. Every now and then I go looking on YT in case something new has popped up but I never find anything. Just the same old clips. I'm grateful for what we have but I want more. There should be loads more. He was SO popular. How can there not be more?

This performance of Living In America is great, I'm especially impressed by James ability to keep a note mid move. Living In America has always been one of my favourite JB tracks.

I know I said his ability to sing and dance in the last performance was impressive but this is really incredible. Never seen someone move so well while singing in my life! Unfathomable talent.

Last edited:
FEBRUARY 1, 2024 (Santa Monica, CA) – UMe/Republic Records will release James Brown’s We Got To Change, a three-track EP featuring the previously unheard title track, on Feb. 16. “We Got To Change” was recorded August 16, 1970, at Criteria Studios in Miami, during a pivotal period in the world of James Brown, as longtime members of his famed James Brown Orchestra had walked out a few months earlier.

Back