Janet Jackson on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight" Feb.15th

How can Janet say she had her brother's back when she threw him under the bus and called him an addict and talked about interventions and denials? Is that having your brother's back?

If she had her brother's back she would've done everything in her power to help him. Janet was pretty powerful back then, if she felt MJ needed help I'm sure she could've gotten him help by hiring some experts and getting some good friends together like Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, Berry Gordy, Barry Gibb, Liz Taylor etc..

I am very disappointed in her.. she 'knew' her brother had a problem or needed some help yet she did nothing to help him? How is that having your brother's back?

why leave out the rest thou? like he just tweeted about Michael specifically , obviously some people were under the impression that she was just talking about Michael and he clearly tweeted a whole list of things.

Why would I quote the whole thing when only one thing was in question? and I don't think anyone was under the impression that she was just talking about Michael. You asked this question:

where do you see that at ? I think you miss read it here's his tweets.

And so I just posted the tweet you posted that the poster was obviously talking about.

How can Janet say she had her brother's back when she threw him under the bus and called him an addict and talked about interventions and denials? Is that having your brother's back?

If she had her brother's back she would've done everything in her power to help him. Janet was pretty powerful back then, if she felt MJ needed help I'm sure she could've gotten him help by hiring some experts and getting some good friends together like Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, Berry Gordy, Barry Gibb, Liz Taylor etc..

I am very disappointed in her.. she 'knew' her brother had a problem or needed some help yet she did nothing to help him? How is that having your brother's back?

You are a very confused person,so know you admit Michael may have had a problem when before janet was a liar. She mentioned trying to do some interventions in previous interviews and you get mad that she's "throwing him under the bus" now she she says she had his back and you wanted her to do more. We don't know the conversations she had with her brother and all she tried to do. For the most part she did have his back, in 1993 she publicly supported him saying Michael wouldn't harm a child and in she atteneded court dates for his 2005 trial, in interviews she has explained he has a skin condition, she always admired his artistry, she showed her affection on the big staging by honoring him with the lifetime grammy award and the list could go on. Before you judge Janet's devotion how about you question yours, did you attened any court dates for Michael? What have you done to put yourself in a position to judge his sister,really.

Why would I quote the whole thing when only one thing was in question? and I don't think anyone was under the impression that she was just talking about Michael. You asked this question:

And so I just posted the tweet you posted that the poster was obviously talking about.

not you , I am talking about the orginal poster quoting the orginal tweet instead of just singling out michael like he just tweeted that, and some people were asking why was he tweeting just about Michael.

speaking of Liza..... am still wondering what she ment when she said.."the shit is gonna hit the fan now"....when she was on that interview after Michael passed. Sorry didn't mean ti hijack this thread....I am just still curious about that .

I am not sure. I just remember how sad she looked when talking about all the good Michael did and how people wouldn't know.

You are a very confused person,so know you admit Michael may have had a problem when before janet was a liar. She mentioned trying to do some interventions in previous interviews and you get mad that she's "throwing him under the bus" now she she says she had his back and you wanted her to do more. We don't know the conversations she had with her brother and all she tried to do. For the most part she did have his back, in 1993 she publicly supported him saying Michael wouldn't harm a child and in she atteneded court dates for his 2005 trial, in interviews she has explained he has a skin condition, she always admired his artistry, she showed her affection on the big staging by honoring him with the lifetime grammy award and the list could go on. Before you judge Janet's devotion how about you question yours, did you attened any court dates for Michael? What have you done to put yourself in a position to judge his sister,really.

You don't have your brother's back by calling him an addict... I don't think MJ was an addict but I do think he had some emotional and psychological issues. Who wouldn't with all the crap he went through.. Was his sister there for him after the trial? she obviously wasn't because she hadn't seen him in years. She said she knows how he's doing through 'Mother'.. How is that having your brother's back when he's been through an emotional hell? Mike was allegedly seeking anesthesia to sleep. If that's the case then he needed help.. A person shouldn't have to be knocked out to sleep. Janet didn't even know he had trouble sleeping. Why didn't she know that if she had her brother's back?

You don't have your brother's back by calling him an addict... I don't think MJ was an addict but I do think he had some emotional and psychological issues. Who wouldn't with all the crap he went through.. Was his sister there for him after the trial? she obviously wasn't because she hadn't seen him in years. She said she knows how he's doing through 'Mother'.. How is that having your brother's back when he's been through an emotional hell? Mike was allegedly seeking anesthesia to sleep. If that's the case then he needed help.. A person shouldn't have to be knocked out to sleep. Janet didn't even know he had trouble sleeping. Why didn't she know that if she had her brother's back?
Depending on when the interventions were she could have been there after the trial in 2005. The interview where she hadn't seen him for a while was from oprah in 2006 allegedly there was an intervention in 2007. For the most part she didn't need to be there with him all the time, she has her life and career and he had his it doesn't mean she didn't care. She cared enough to be there for him at court and she continues to now. She said her and Michael shared alot of things with each other but not everything, do you share every single thing with your siblings and are with them all the time? Each situation is different and something like sleep Michael probably felt he could handle it on his own like he had in the past, it wasn't safe but as far as that goes it's the doctor's fault for administering the propofol. If Janet felt Michael had a problem yet he didn't like she mentioned there wasn't much she could do without the media making a mock of the whole thing. I am sure she wished she could do more but she was there for him and what's done is done, all she could do know is hope he gets justice.

You still didn't answer my question, what have you done?

Oh, Janet move on, girl. This story with Joe is getting old and boring...
There is no such a thing as perfect family. The brothers went through far far worst abuse than she.
I know that book is about weight issue, and self-esteem, but I wish she gives away advices how to overcome it. We all know about Joe and how her bros teased her.
But who hasn't been teased by brothers?
She became popular since she debuted as Penny in "Good Times" .
Its not like she was bullied at school, or in the street, or in the music industry, or by acting cast. Those are real problems....She was popular as a kid.
Even Brook Shields spoke how she hated her body, she thought she was the ugliest, but she was known as the most beautiful....Janet is not the only one who went through self-esteem issues...But she needs to stop acting as innocent and scared lil kid, because she was no timid child then, she spoke back at brothers. And fired Joe as manager when she was very young. If anything Janet hated in herself, was her vocal range. She admitted that she wished she had strong voice as her sister Rebbie...
More and more what Leonard Row wrote in that book it seems like has some truth in it, as much as I hate to admit.

I wonder if you said the same thing when MJ the same story the last 15years of his life. It's their story they can tell if it they want to. You can't deminish what someone went through because somebody had it worse. There is gonna always be somebody who has it worse than the next... But that doesn't change what the jacksons went through.

Janet was asked by Piers about her father, so she answered. Your attitude is a disgrace. You're saying that because the brothers had to go through worse abuse, Janet's abuse didn't hurt? You're saying that Janet's self-esteem issues didn't affect or shouldn't have affected her because she is not the only one who has self-esteem issues? You're saying that because she fired Joe as her manager, she wasn't a scared innocent kid? Remember Michael fired Joe as well. It wasn't an easy decision but it had to be done.
I agree

I agree.... You can't have it both ways. It's either one way or the other.

After the trial MJ left the country and cut off contact with almost everyone but his mom. I don't blame MJ For doing that... But don't try to say it as if it was Janet fault that her and MJ wasn't on speaking terms. Nobody knew MJ was taking propofol to sleep u til after he died(beside the people who helped him get it). N for someone who doesn't like Janet, you definitely don't miss a thread about her.

There is no need for this thread to go down the usual route of drama.

Let us focus on what is actually said in the interview instead of bickering about the same old same old. Thanks.

I am not famous and I am not Michael Jackson's sister.. anyway I don't think Janet had or currently has his back.

There is no need for this thread to go down the usual route of drama.

Let us focus on what is actually said in the interview instead of bickering about the same old same old. Thanks.

I agree... But anytime there is a thread it goes down that route because some posters come and start trouble.

Anyways
The interview starts in 22minutes

I'm sorry I gotta turn because I have to watch the game lol

Well, I for one, am very grateful that she has MJ's back. Now, just imagine how much worse she'd be saying had she NOT have his back.

So I guess, we all should be thankful.

Last edited:
This interview was nice, I feel it was much better than the one she did on dateline.

Last edited:
^ I agree, MUCH better..

Well, I just watched it..I have to say it was a great and interesting interview. They talked about all sorts of things, so it's hard to summarize what they said...They didn't talk extensively about Michael, but when they did she did show a pure love for him...Good interview, I like Piers style of interviewing as well.

Well, I for one, is very grateful that she has MJ's back. Now, just imagine how much worse she'd be saying had she NOT have his back.

So I guess, we all should be thankful.

Girl you ain't lying( LOL.....) I was scanning channels and saw bits and pieces of her on Piers Morgan, and I think that is the fakest I've ever seen her.. I couldn't even take hearing her. I had to turn the channel..

^ I agree, MUCH better..

Well, I just watched it..I have to say it was a great and interesting interview. They talked about all sorts of things, so it's hard to summarize what they said...They didn't talk extensively about Michael, but when they did she did show a pure love for him...Good interview, I like Piers style of interviewing as well.

I didn't get that at all... I saw no love from her at all..

^ I agree, MUCH better..

yeah that was a good interview had me smiling as oppsed to sunday when i got kinda mad at nbc and my mom was like honey whats wrong she wasent paying attion my mom has deloped jackson tune out :D

What was said and how did Piers seem? I didn't watch this one.

Piers actually seemed respectful and nice.. I watch CNN with Anderson Cooper at 10:00 and Cooper asked Piers about the interview and Piers mentioned the dysfunction is evident when Joe insists on his kids calling him Joseph. Piers believes that dsyfunctional

Piers actually seemed respectful and nice.. I watch CNN with Anderson Cooper at 10:00 and Cooper asked Piers about the interview and Piers mentioned the dysfunction is evident when Joe insists on his kids calling him Joseph. Piers believes that dsyfunctional

I didnt see the interview so I am going by what you all posts....but,,,yeah..Pierce is right...Joe is dysfunctional!! Any father that would insist that his children call hm by his first name instead of daddy....definitely has emotional issues.

The family is dysfunctional. No family is perfect but there are problems in this family. I wonder what the others think of Janet's book and her going on tv talking about her father. Joe isn't looking good here.

In a way I am a bit uncomfortable with the idea that someone waits until their father becomes over 80 years old, and then write about the bad habits of the elderly dad. I hope she told her dad what she was going to write before the book was published. At least give him some respect, even though he might not care.

In a way I am a bit uncomfortable with the idea that someone waits until their father becomes over 80 years old, and then write about the bad habits of the elderly dad. I hope she told her dad what she was going to write before the book was published. At least give him some respect, even though he might not care.

Joe doesn't care ( LOL...)

I doubt she talked to Joe about it. I think in the dateline interview she says they don't talk much (occasionally) and she didn't talk to her mother about the book either. I am not sure she said that exactly but the impression I got was she did this book on her own.

Joe doesn't care ( LOL...)

I think so too, but basic human decency should prevail here. Why wait until the guy is almost ready to meet his maker, since I have heard her say before that he was only old school. The Jacksons have too much of their personal business outside. Now people will label their family as dysfunctional--although we knew this already, but why give people ammunition to stigmatize you and your kin?

take this for what it is worth guys..I am NO psychologist....but I just had a thought...maybe Janet dicided to write about her relatiosnip with Joe because who knows..maybe somwhere in her mind she may think that if SHE puts her own personal pain out there from Joe..maybe she thinks that she is helping Michael....Maybe she thinks that if she says how bad Joe treated her.....people would take Michael more seriously as to the way Joe treated hm. IDK.....orcould be just what we have been saying all along...he is just using Michael's name to sell her book

take this for what it is worth guys..I am NO psychologist....but I just had a thought...maybe Janet dicided to write about her relatiosnip with Joe because who knows..maybe somwhere in her mind she may think that if SHE puts her own personal pain out there from Joe..maybe she thinks that she is helping Michael....Maybe she thinks that if she says how bad Joe treated her.....people would take Michael more seriously as to the way Joe treated hm. IDK.....orcould be just what we have been saying all along...he is just using Michael's name to sell her book

If that is the case then she should have done it a long time ago and when he was still here. It would have helped him more I think. I felt like people thought Michael was overreacting but the fear in his eyes told me he wasn't.

Back