Janet to perform at American Idol tonight ?

Janet looked beautiful but the performance was boring and its sad it doesnt take much to express people nowadays.

What was boring about it ??
I mean you can't expect choreography for Nothing, but the new way she performed Nasty was great, would have been better to see her dance a little more, but beggers can't be choosers.
It's even been No.1,(I think its No.2 now though :lol:) on itunes. It was deffinatly the best performance of the night, and the best we've seen from Janet in a while :)

Janet rocked it out. Great to see her doing what she loves and getting all the accolades she deserves.

ITA...and this was a very smart move on her part. It exposed her to an audience of over 25 million, crossing all demographics, and overall had a VERY favorable impact. I think it really helped to further re-establish her appeal.

^^ Agree, I think she should do these surprize performances in other programmes with the most viewers... I think Britains Got Talent would be a smart move for the UK for example :)

What was boring about it ??
I mean you can't expect choreography for Nothing, but the new way she performed Nasty was great, would have been better to see her dance a little more, but beggers can't be choosers.
It's even been No.1,(I think its No.2 now though :lol:) on itunes. It was deffinatly the best performance of the night, and the best we've seen from Janet in a while :)

Im not a begger and Im not choosing anything, I just want something that will grasp my attention in other words be entertained.

Janets vocals on Nothing were not good but she never was much of a singer.

She didnt dance on Nasty. All she did was walk up and down the stage in 5 inch heels.

Im not a begger and Im not choosing anything, I just want something that will grasp my attention in other words be entertained.

Janets vocals on Nothing were not good but she never was much of a singer.

She didnt dance on Nasty. All she did was walk up and down the stage in 5 inch heels.

Its a figure of speech...
there was nothing wrong with the vocals on nothing, my mum even said she sounded like MJ at times !! I don't understand how everyone who has a soft voice is classed as can't sing, she does have a good vocal range,but thats your opinion.
It must have grasped peoples attention as it was #1 on itunes and has only just been moved off the#2 spot today.
She did dance a little but one thing I agree with you is there should have danced on her behalf, but it was still the best performance of the whole season !!

there was nothing wrong with the vocals on nothing, my mum even said she sounded like MJ at times !! I don't understand how everyone who has a soft voice is classed as can't sing, she does have a good vocal range,but thats your opinion.
It must have grasped peoples attention as it was #1 on itunes and has only just been moved off the#2 spot today.
She did dance a little but one thing I agree with you is there should have danced on her behalf, but it was still the best performance of the whole season !!

u know we should let people have their opinions..we shouldn't be bothered by what someone else says..u feel she's a singer, someone else doesn't...

using itunes, is your way of saying, u can't let someone else settle, because they don't agree with u

u know we should let people have their opinions..we shouldn't be bothered by what someone else says..u feel she's a singer, someone else doesn't...

using itunes, is your way of saying, u can't let someone else settle, because they don't agree with u
:clapping:

I was making a point, a boring performance wouldn't be no.1...

Why do you always want to make an argument, I never questioned her opinion, I even said so.
I'm not even that big a Janet fan, I have one of her albums, I only said she has a good vocal range, I never said worship at her feet or die...

I was making a point, a boring performance wouldn't be no.1...

Why do you always want to make an argument, I never questioned her opinion, I even said so.
I'm not even that big a Janet fan, I have one of her albums, I only said she has a good vocal range, I never said worship at her feet or die...
Raz, I don't wanna interfere though i know I'm just that with this post but u do have a habit of shoving ur opinions down someone's throat ;)

as for the point part it still would be .. there are so many boring artists/actors etc out there making millions selling millions etc.. just b/c some are selling millions of albums or just b/c someone makes millions of people go watch their movies doesn't mean they are good or that that specific work of theirs is good
Sorry Raz sorry Stacey :flowers: but I had to say this lol

When have I EVER shoved my opinions down someones throat ? I say my opinion and thats that.
You are the one who hates Janet so much that anyone who doesn't have a problem with her like me that you start an argument.

Well, I'm just going to listen to stacey and agree to disagree...

Last edited:
Last 2 posts deleted...lets leave this where you both said you would agree to disagree. :flowers: Thankyou.

No. You have it confused. You mean soft voice as in falsetto or soprano? There is no such thing as soft voice as far as singing. That is usually refered to in speaking but not usually classified with someone singing voice and even if it is the technique has to be accurate and Janet was never a good singer. I love old school Janet . And even in her Contol, RN days her voice wasnt up to par but the difference between her vocals back then and today is she exactly opened her mouth back then nowadays she just whispers. That vocal performance on American Idol was nothing close to spetacular very mediocre at best. Some of the American Idol contestants sings better than her, not hating but just being real. Thats not a matter of opinion, thats a fact, Janet cant sing. She has some nice songs but she isnt a excellent vocal singer. Very average at best.

Like I said before, What the media says dont mean anything and I would think by now you would know accolades dont mean anything if there is nothing to back them up with. Like I also said before, that little Nasty number was boring. The whole thing was boring. She didnt dance at all. She just moved her body around but how could she dance in 5 inch heels and she doesnt normally dance in heels especially heels that high anyway because thats not her style. But if you liked it watever.

If you don't know anything about the voice or vocal technique, do not comment on Janet's vocals on American Idol, or in general.

Thank you.

You know its funny when someone that thinks that Christina Screamguilera is a good singer thinks Janet isn't one. LMFAOO!! Hilarious!

Janet is all about emoting. Not technique. Thank goodness! That's a true singer.

Back