January 12, 2008: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings:

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
Hello everyone! Here isthe late edition for today's news thread.

Michael Jackson News:

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....me=yes&more_nodeId1=132393&contentPK=19515719

MAN LASHED OUT AFTER MICHAEL JACKSON 'TAUNT'

BY PETER SQUIRES

10:30 - 11 January 2008

A man flew into a fit of rage and attacked a man who sang Michael Jackson songs to him.

Michael Carter (27) punched the singer to the ground, knocked off his glasses and had to be dragged off him.

Carter, who admitted two counts of assault, said he lashed out because the singing was the same as taunts he had endured at school. Leicester Magistrates' Court heard the incident began when Carter approached one of two women at The Basement nightclub, Wellington Street, Leicester.

James Bide-Thomas, prosecuting, said: "There was an argument about race and he accused one of the women of being racist. Another female friend became involved and they left in the company of a man."

He said Carter, of Wilberforce Road, West End, Leicester, also left the nightclub and continued to try to talk to the woman.

The court heard Carter followed them into Market Street, where he called the woman "evil and twisted" and said the other two people would "come to no good" if they hung around with her.

Mr Bide-Thomas said: "He also said he was a Christian and forgave them.

"The man asked why they should be forgiven and started singing Michael Jackson songs as, he said, Mr Carter reminded him of Michael Jackson.

"This seemed to cause him a great deal of upset, as he ran up behind him, attacked him, giving him a couple of punches to the back of the head, then punched his face, made him fall to the ground.

"He carried on hitting his face and chest, knocked off his glasses - which made him unable to see - and was eventually was dragged off."

Interviewed by police, he said he had not intended to assault the second victim, one of the women, and had only tried to push her away as she attempted to stop the assault.

The male victim suffered a bruised left temple, arms and chest and broken ribs.

Azim Walters, for Carter, said he admitted two counts of assault, on August 4 last year.

He said when Carter had been rebuffed by the woman, he asked her if it was anything to do with the colour of his skin.

When she said it was not, he said: "I didn't think you were racist."

Mr Walters said Carter followed her to apologise and put his hands in a praying position.

He said: "When the man started singing Michael Jackson songs, it triggered off a memory of when he was at boarding school when the other boys used to call him Michael Jackson and sing songs at him.

"Having had a couple of drinks it brought it all back and he reacted the wrong way."

Sentencing was adjourned until January 31 for a report.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/5448682.html

Amazon to offer Sony BMG MP3s

Sony BMG Music Entertainment said Friday its music will be available in MP3 downloads from Amazon.com later this month without digital rights management restrictions.
Sony BMG becomes the last of the four major music labels to offer DRM-free music at Amazon, joining Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group and EMI. Sony BMG is a 50/50 joint venture between Sony and privately held Bertelsmann.
Sony BMG's massive roster of artists includes Beyonce Knowles, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Al Green, Aretha Franklin and Carlos Santana.

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

http://www.financialpost.com/money/story.html?id=232102
How Cannes you go wrong?

Who's who? With glamour galore and the tax haven of Monaco nearby, southern France is a mecca for celebrities. The roll call includes F. Scott Fitzgerald, Joan Collins, Elton John, Tina Turner, David and Victoria Beckham, pictured, Shirley Bassey, Brigitte Bardot, Ivana Trump, Bono, The Edge, James Gandolfini, Roman Polanski and Michael Jackson. Winston Churchill wrote his memoirs while staying in Coco Chanel's villa, and winners of the Palme d'Or at Cannes have included Charlie Chaplin, Orson Welles, Francis Ford Coppola, Martin Scorsese, Gus Van Sant and Michael Moore.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/13729232.html

New York nightlife queen Amy Sacco, celebrating her disco-themed 40th birthday party Thursday night at the Hard Rock Hotel with 200 of her closest friends, including Benicio del Toro, Jonathan Tucker, Angie Harmon, Dean Cain and Brett Ratner. After dinner at AGO, the party moved to Body English, where she joined 100 additional friends. A Donna Summer impersonator led the club in "Happy Birthday," and Sacco was surprised with performances from mini-Michael Jackson and Milli Vanilli impersonators. ..

http://www.news.com.au/mercury/story/0,22884,23044563-3462,00.html

FESTIVAL fun livened up the Huon Valley and Channel areas yesterday with warm weather drawing large crowds to Cygnet and Oyster Cove.
Music lovers filled halls, hotels and parks for the Cygnet Folk Festival while Tasmania's Aboriginal community gathered on the grass for the Oyster Cove Festival.
Aboriginal funnyman Sean "Jilkamu" Choolburra stole the show at Oyster Cove, sending his audience into hysterics with his bluelight disco Michael Jackson impersonation

Michael Jackson HIStory:

2004 - A judge ruled that cameras would not be allowed in the court room for Michael Jackson's arraignment on January 16.

2004 - Jermaine Jackson held a press conference to describe plans to support his brother Michael during his arraignment in Santa Maria on January 16.

2004 - At a Beverly Hills hotel a meeting was held by Michael Jackson's attorneys, managers, accountants and Nation of Islam leaders. Jackson reportedly participated via conference call.

Last edited:
LMAO @ the guys who punched the guy who sang MJ song's to him :lol: WTF :huh::eek: I cant stop laughing i dunno why lol

Hey I visited wikipedia.. Because it's so popular I wanted to see what they said under the MJ 2004-05 trial..

They try to hide it, but it is filled with negitive/deragitory comments about Michael. NOT SAYING, but hinting to MJ being guilty.. It has many facts, but it's filled with lies as well..

THINGS LIKE: When they mention something said by the Arvizo family, they mention it like IT HAPPENED.. when it's the defence or MJ's team saying something they add words like.. "alleged" etc..

FOR EXAMPLE: When the Arvizo's left Neverland, they make it seem it was against the families will.. ".. Even though they did not want to"

When they mention Facts that MJ's defence brought up, they "Michael Jackson elleges that....."

I spent a good amount of time editing the page.. Adding in the FACTS. chaning the words up, making it sound like the TRUTH.. MJ being the truth, and ARVIZO's being the ones ALLEGING.. etc. I added a lot of other things they kept out from court transcripts etc.. SO I put it in there... I checked it later yesterday night, and it was all edited back to the way it was before I touched it.. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What can we do at this point?? Is there a way to report the page, and/or get it deleted?? When you edit it, you can see he/she who wrote it got the information from Randy Tarribarelli's books (sp).. Which we all know mixes alot of lies with facts to make a "good" story..

Here take a look... I find it rediculous.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_trial_of_Michael_Jackson

CAN WE DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS???

Ebony's Reader Feedback
Picked this up from Love.him at MJNO:

Hi everyone,

I bought the January edition of Ebony today, and it has this letter below from a Michael Jackson fan. I haven't typed out the person's name, just the initials. It would be great if the person who composed this letter was here and made herself known so we can thank her for writing so well not only for herself but for the rest of us. I really feel as though this letter represents many of my thoughts and feelings about the articles on Michael in last month's edition of Ebony. I am so proud of you and I hope you don't mind that I'm sharing this letter with the place that alerted me to the cover story ahead of time. Please make yourself known and take a bow
smile2.gif
This is also my tribute to MJNO.

This will probably be the last thread I create. It's been grand!

Thank You everyone and see you on mjjc.com or KOP.

Lh
smile2.gif

Michael Jackson
THANK YOU for the cover story, "Michael Jackson: 25 Years After Thriller" (Dec. 2007). So many have all but turned their backs on this man, but you didn't. A positive piece, flattering pictures, thought-provoking questions and respectful reporting -- this feature had all the things we so rarely see from the media whenever Michael Jackson (or any Jackson, for that matter) is profiled. As someone who recognizes the man's incredible contributions to music and respects him always, I really cannot thank EBONY enough for continuing to support and applaud him. For those of us in the Black community who still love him, it's so much appreciated.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for reminding everyone who needed to be reminded that Michael Jackson still commands positive attention. There's a reason why he always comes back to EBONY first -- RESPECT goes a long way!!!
L.J.T.
Los Angeles, Calif.

thanks for posting that letter.. wonderful read...

also, hate to speculate.. but Berry Gordy is to be honored immediately after the Grammys' by RIAA...so I'm smelling MJ in the air for this year's Grammys

also, hate to speculate.. but Berry Gordy is to be honored immediately after the Grammys' by RIAA...so I'm smelling MJ in the air for this year's Grammys

Great sense of smell by the way. :lol::p

Anyway, that was what I was thinking whenever I read the news on the grammy website. Wouldn't it be great for Michael to honor the man whom got the Jacksons and many other artists to a great start? :D

smelling either Smokey, Diana or MJ--all 3 would be grand!!!

Michael Jackson
THANK YOU for the cover story, "Michael Jackson: 25 Years After Thriller" (Dec. 2007). So many have all but turned their backs on this man, but you didn't. A positive piece, flattering pictures, thought-provoking questions and respectful reporting -- this feature had all the things we so rarely see from the media whenever Michael Jackson (or any Jackson, for that matter) is profiled. As someone who recognizes the man's incredible contributions to music and respects him always, I really cannot thank EBONY enough for continuing to support and applaud him. For those of us in the Black community who still love him, it's so much appreciated.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for reminding everyone who needed to be reminded that Michael Jackson still commands positive attention. There's a reason why he always comes back to EBONY first -- RESPECT goes a long way!!!
L.J.T.
Los Angeles, Calif.

Well written I must say.....my appreciation to the person who wrote and sent this in to Ebony. I was wondering what the feedback letters would be like, so I'm glad to hear about this one.:)

I'm very amused by the 1st news I heard about, but still ouch! That must be a painful blow!

And that is a great fan letter, really sweet! :)

what the....he punched some guy? oh my god! but thanks for the stories, i actually hadn't heard of that one...

i notice at the how cannes you go wrong article they save MJ as the last celebrity they mention, as the place being a haven for celebs...

the media does that all the time. the save the best for last notion....giving away the knowledge that they know that MJ is the biggest star in the world. i enjoy that. lol

anyway...thanks for the news:) :kickass:

Back