Jimmy Kimmel Uses Michael's Son As A Joke

@SheilaMJFan4Ever Yeah I totally agree with that. Like I said, in this case, we should just let this one go. Choose our battles, as it were lol.

But I think in the many other cases where it is just a free for all mud slinging game against Michael and his kids - often based on false information, we shouldn't be afraid to be vocal about it even if it might be cool to laugh at. It goes both ways I think - the more people turn and look the other way about stuff like this, the more people will think its perfectly okay.

But I'm admittedly speaking on cases that aren't really the topic of this thread.

Kimmel does a lot of molestation or weirdo jokes about MJ on this show.

Yes, he does. And he has for years. He thought it was great fun during the trial of 2005.

@SheilaMJFan4Ever Yeah I totally agree with that. Like I said, in this case, we should just let this one go. Choose our battles, as it were lol.

But I think in the many other cases where it is just a free for all mud slinging game against Michael and his kids - often based on false information, we shouldn't be afraid to be vocal about it even if it might be cool to laugh at. It goes both ways I think - the more people turn and look the other way about stuff like this, the more people will think its perfectly okay.

But I'm admittedly speaking on cases that aren't really the topic of this thread.

I don't think I'm oversensitive. Actually, I barely get bothered about plastic surgery jokes, color change jokes, etc. But he crossed the line when he went and used someone else's kid (of someone he clearly can't stand).... for his own personal amusement.

I'm sure Kimmel never anticipated that Michael's son would even be spotted in that video clip.

I'll bet if you would hear the inside jokes that Kimmel and his people have at Michael's son's expense... you wouldn't be OK with this.

But hey, if you think it's OK for an adult to use Blanket as a joke (because that would be the only reason Blanket is in his office)... good for you. I'm glad you can just shrug it off.:yes:

P.S. I don't really think this is a battle.... just that the a**hole needs exposed for what he is.

Last edited:
Yes, he does. And he has for years. He thought it was great fun during the trial of 2005.

I don't think I'm oversensitive. Actually, I barely get bothered about plastic surgery jokes, color change jokes, etc. But he crossed the line when he went and used someone else's kid (of someone he clearly can't stand).... for his own personal amusement.

I'm sure Kimmel never anticipated that Michael's son would even be spotted in that video clip.

I'll bet if you would hear the inside jokes that Kimmel and his people have at Michael's son's expense... you wouldn't be OK with this.

But hey, if you think it's OK for an adult to use Blanket as a joke (because that would be the only reason Blanket is in his office)... good for you. I'm glad you can just shrug it off.:yes:

P.S. I don't really think this is a battle.... just that the a**hole needs exposed for what he is.

You just proved that you ARE overly sensitive in your own post (the 2nd bold part), going as far as assuming others would be "ok" with inside jokes (jokes you haven't heard and are again assuming Kimmel is telling in the PRIVACY of his own office) that would mock/insult Mike or his kids. That type of mindset is the PROBLEM, not the solution to dealing with the reality that no one is going to stop the joking or innuendos simply because we don't like it.

Do you hold the same regards for other high profile people who are mocked, insulted and sometimes attacked by these same comedians (and others)? If you don't, based on not being a fan of those other public people, then that is hypocrisy to the HIGHEST.

Kimmel or anyone else (comedians or not) doesn't need to be pointed out as "assholes", because that is subjective based on someone's point of view and we all don't think alike.

Choose your battles WISELY and whining about a comedian using a stupid pun isn't one.

Kimmel is an asshole, anyone who has the nerve to "joke" about child molestation, denigrating people's character I regard them as such. And they're selective on their douchebagery because you wouldn't see them joking on media darlings.

Why would he need to have Blanket's picture printed on a blanket? It's not a rocket science to figure out he uses someone else's child to make jokes off cameras.

And if Michael ever went on one of their shows as a guest they'd be kissing his ass

Personally, I wish comedians, tabloids, media and people in general would leave the children of ALL actors, artists, athletes, politicians and other celebrities alone. I cringe when I see anyone mocking a child's looks. Meanwhile, "Blanket on a blanket" just strikes me as lame.

I don't find it funny, but I don't find it offensive? I don't really find it anything but strange, really.

Jimmy is very strange. Sarah Silverman dodged a bullet when she broke up with him, to be honest.

Eh.

I'm indifferent. I certainly am not getting my blood pressure raised like the op tho. I think you're looking too deep on this one.

tumblr_n1zi5rWB2V1r7b6cio1_500.gif

He can do as many bad jokes as he wants... nobody is forced to give it any attention... however he has to keep underaged out and if needed a judge should tell him. jmo

Personally, if something really offends me I take action by sending a letter, email, or making a call to let the company know how I feel. I am not saying what others should do, but sometimes signing a petition or making your views known makes people pay attention, esp. if it's a company and they think they might lose or are losing customers.

If it is not that offensive to me, yes, it's better to let it go and not get all in a knot about it. Everyone has different levels and triggers of upset, so what bothers one person will not bother another.

Speaking of taking action, and this is off topic, but related to the idea of speaking out, there is a big Climate Change demonstration coming up Sept 21st in 8 major cities, including NYC. This is to show the world that people want the leaders and power-brokers to get off their butts and do something.

Back