Joe Jackson Dies, Aged 89 (27/06/18)

Re: Joe Jackson dies aged 89

MJ forgave Joe in an attempt to save his own sanity, not to alleviate him of any blame or guilt.

Mj forgave him because he was a forgiving person and because he understood that although Joe made mistakes, his intentions were good. And just because you forgive someone, it doesn't mean you forget what they did.

I don't agree with you at all. I already said I'm just giving my opinion on his comments. I feel you are very much simplifying what he said and not looking at the implications of it at all. I'd also like to clarify I get that he has just lost someone close to him, and that can make you say stuff that you might think is not what you wanted to say later. But I still feel like I'm allowed to say what I think about his statements.

You most certainly are allowed.

Paris78;4224692 said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you Grandpa for the amazing strength, determination and pride you showed this family. The Jackson legacy would not exist without you. <br>I lost a grandfather but heaven gained The Hawk. <a href="https://t.co/PagFmSW2Q6">https://t.co/PagFmSW2Q6</a></p>&#8212; Taj Jackson (@tajjackson3) <a href="https://twitter.com/tajjackson3/status/1012050308397240320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">27. Juni 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Disgusted by some of the comments I&#8217;m reading about my grandpa Joe by those who didn&#8217;t even know him. Please don't just regurgitate what you were spoon fed by the press. Joe was loved by our ENTIRE family and our hearts are in pain. Let us grieve without the nastiness.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ripthehawk?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ripthehawk</a></p>&#8212; Taj Jackson (@tajjackson3) <a href="https://twitter.com/tajjackson3/status/1012007904554016770?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">27. Juni 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I am greatly concerned by Taj claiming that Joe's transgressions as a parent is a media fabrication, which of course, it is NOT. I do think, however, that it's not appropriate for people to be saying horrible things to the family (such as "good riddance" and so on) at the time of Joe's passing, or at any time, really. We can all have our opinions and I certainly have mine, but there's no way I'd be crass enough to tell it to any of the family members on social media. That, to me, is over-stepping the boundaries and I can understand why Prince, Taj and others would be hurt and angry by the words of fans who think they're entitled to do and say whatever they want to, with impunity.

La74;4224760 said:
Now there are reports that Paris and Janet are arguing over the funeral because they both want to pay for it..

Those reports are from Radar Online, which is not a reliable source. I would doubt very much that there are arguments over who's paying for the funeral.

somewhereinthedark;4224950 said:
Prince is correct, Michael never said that Joe ABUSED him. Michael said that Joe whipped him. Oprah said &#8220;did he beat you&#8221;? Michael answered yes. In the black community, the words &#8220;whipping&#8221; and &#8220;beat&#8221; are sometimes used synonymously. The media is the one who used the word that Joe abused Michael. Janet said that Joe hit her with a belt as she got out of the bathtub .All of the brothers have said that Joe hit or whipped them. The media never used the word abuse when Janet or her other siblings
Talked about their whippings or beatings.

Another thing is that Prince is correct again, when he said that Joe raised Michael and his siblings correct or they would have been in gangs. Michael has said that and so have the others. Prince is repeating what his father has said.

Michael did use the word "abuse".....it's in several quotes/interviews and even if he didn't use that term, most rational thinkers know what abuse looks like, without the term being applied. Everything else is just semantics and mental gymnastics.

I don't remember Michael ever using the old "Joe kept us off the streets and out of gangs" excuse. That comes from some of the other brothers. Mostly Jermaine. Prince is repeating the Jackson family default response, not Michael's viewpoint. Michael would not have shared negative stories of his upbringing with his children. He would have focused on the positive. He would have allowed his children to have a different picture of Joe than the one he had.

Prince knows Joe as a grandfather, not a father and is coming from that place, but I am not happy at all, that, with his words, he basically left his father hanging out to dry, in the same way that the rest of the family have done, many times over. I think, with time, Prince will regret that rant.....and the profanity in it, is very unbecoming, as well. I'm going to chalk it up to anger, frustration, hurt, youth and inexperience and just keep it moving. People have a right to feel how they feel....the whole thing just makes me so very sad that once again, Michael ends up looking like the one with the problem and there seems to be no one in his corner.

Michael did use the word "abuse".....it's in several quotes/interviews and even if he didn't use that term, most rational thinkers know what abuse looks like, without the term being applied. Everything else is just semantics and mental gymnastics.

I don't remember Michael ever using the old "Joe kept us off the streets and out of gangs" excuse. That comes from the some of the other brothers. Mostly Jermaine. Prince is repeating the Jackson family default response, not Michael's viewpoint. Michael would not have shared negative stories of his upbringing with his children. He would have focused on the positive. He would have allowed his children to have a different picture of Joe than the one he had.

Prince knows Joe as a grandfather, not a father and is coming from that place, but I am not happy at all, that, with his words, he basically left his father hanging out to dry, in the same way that the rest of the family have done, many times over. I think, with time, Prince will regret that rant.....and the profanity in it, is very unbecoming, as well. I'm going to chalk it up to anger, frustration, hurt, youth and inexperience and just keep it moving. People have a right to feel how they feel....the whole thing just makes me so very sad that once again, Michael ends up looking like the one with the problem and there seems to be no one in his corner.

Great post (y)

This is why people just need to stay out of the Jackson's business at this time of mourning. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all. Also, we do not know what MJ had with his father later and do not know what MJ shared with his kids or not. Also, in families, one kid may view something one way while another one does not. And this is something that is not limited to the Jacksons either. Many people who judge the Jacksons ,I bet if we look into their families or even at them and ask their kids if they have any issues with their parents who are able to talk about those parents, we will see drama about them (and I bet they would not want no "strangers" who really do not know nothing, to talk about their parents/grandparents no matter what the issues are or not). And everything is not about "beating" anyone either. Negalecting your kids for working so much, verbal, not spending time with them, finance and not being about to take care of them, sending kids away for other family members to raise or giving them away in a system to someone else to do your job, etc makes you no better than Joe's mistakes he made. And the list goes on.

Last edited:

I don't remember Michael ever using the old "Joe kept us off the streets and out of gangs" excuse. That comes from the some of the other brothers. Mostly Jermaine. Prince is repeating the Jackson family default response, not Michael's viewpoint. Michael would not have shared negative stories of his upbringing with his children. He would have focused on the positive. He would have allowed his children to have a different picture of Joe than the one he had.

I share your point of view, almost word by word. (y)

This thread has taken a bad turn...

Joe made mistakes, Joe did things he should never have done.

Joe did what he could. - Maybe Joe was not the most intelligent man - but he fought with what he had. I truely think he did the best he could.

MJ came to peace, MJ forgave him - and in the last 5-6 years of MJ's life I think they had a fine relationship.

I think MJ never understood Joe (nor do I) - all the cheating, having a child with another woman - all the cruel things he did to Katherine - that I do not think MJ ever forgave. - And why Joe was not in MJ's will.

I think we need to let Joe Rest In Peace - no need to get unfriendly or make this forum a warzone. Joe is dead and got peace.

Hope he is in heaven with MJ having a good time.

I'm going to add my five cents to the latest happening...

Obviously Joe's passing is a happening worth thinking about. For me personally it's difficult to have a clear opinion about someone who was such a genius as a manager and such a bad father figure (or husband for that matter!). Clearly, had there been no Joseph, there had been no Michael. On the other hand, had Joseph been a real father, Michael wouldn't have had so many issues. And on the third hand, hadn't Joseph been such a hard manager, Michael the ultimate musical legend and icon probably wouldn't have existed either.

In my humble opinion I don't believe Michael ever regarded Joseph as a father, even in his later year. It was quite telling to me that Joseph was left out from his will.

One could argue that Joseph created the man, but also destroyed him.

BTW, does anybody know where they are planning to burry him? Please don't say Forest Lawn!!!

Last edited:
a9n6th.jpg

2qv8vac.jpg

9u15rs.jpg

2dv4i6o.jpg

jqi2ol.jpg

xe1uu9.jpg

I really don't think this is the place to discuss how badly Joseph abused or did not abuse Michael.. scrolling through and seeing pics of his casket along side messages discussing dark things about the man is just not the most appropriate thing.. This isn't the place to do that!

coming from someone that had an abusive father, yes it hurts - but if there was a place like this that was talking about my dad in this way while he just died... I would not like it!

Michael has expressed hurt but he's also expressed great gratitude and love for his father.. Let Joseph rest in peace and the discussion of abuse (in my opinion) should be taken else where.. there's plenty of space in 2300 jackson street to share negitive opinions.

oooplah, deary me Jacksons, looks like those tales of spaces being bought beside Michael may not have been all the true. The name of the area where Joe has been buried is easy to make out in those photos above and its no where near Michael,Joe is waaaay over the other side, in the general area where Walt Disney is

DhModSRXUAAWioF.jpg:large

oooplah, deary me Jacksons, looks like those tales of spaces being bought beside Michael may not have been all the true. The name of the area where Joe has been buried is easy to make out in those photos above and its no where near Michael,Joe is waaaay over the other side, in the general area where Walt Disney is

So it is Garden of Honor

Those pictures of them smiling is... awkward to say the least. I'm not saying they should be a mess in tears but don't know, it feels very strange to me. I'm not a Joe fan, and even I wouldn't be smiling :/

DhModSRXUAAWioF.jpg:large

They're not tales. Court records have shown that 12 places were purchased at Forest Lawn by the MJ Estate. People assumed that they would be close to Michael and that they'd be for extended Jackson family members. It's possible, instead, that the places bought by the Estate could be for the heirs and for Michael's direct lineage, or just to keep the space around him vacant.

Those pictures of them smiling is... awkward to say the least. I'm not saying they should be a mess in tears but don't know, it feels very strange to me. I'm not a Joe fan, and even I wouldn't be smiling :/

My Uncle died recently. At the wake, there was a lot of laughter as family and friends came together to remember him. No one was smiling or happy because he had passed. He wouldn't have wanted us to be crying and mournful all through the wake. I am sure he was looking down and felt happy that his life was being celebrated.

As for Joe, people change over time. The man he was a 30, isn't the man he was at 70.

Joe Jackson could not have lived as long as he did, if he hadn't changed his way's. His heart would not have taken it. I believe he softened up in his old age and yet his lifestyle, in the end, was Joseph's demise, his health issues. Joseph didn't exactly fall asleep in death, he had a deblitating disease, pancreatic cancer. Joseph had also had strokes in his old age, so his health would be a result of his lifestyle. He lived as long as he did, because he did indeed soften up as he aged.

Joseph “Joe” Jackson
BIRTH 26 Jul 1928
Fountain Hill, Ashley County, Arkansas, USA
DEATH 27 Jun 2018 (aged 89)
Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, USA
BURIAL
Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Glendale)
Glendale, Los Angeles County, California, USA Show Map
PLOT Court of Freedom section, Garden of Honor (NorthWest garden, locked, no public access), Map #G60, central lawn area, Garden Crypt 7713
MEMORIAL ID 190926678 · View Source

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/190926678/joseph-jackson#source

Is there really a need to psycho analyze every move and facial movement of the Jacksons to find something to criticize? I've done my fair share of criticizing myself so I get it.. But who are we to say how to cope with a funeral? People do smile, laugh, and have all emotions.. Joseph has been holding on to life for several years now, the family emotionally must have done some mental preparation for it and that sits differently than lets say when Michael died unexpectedly... The father and mother should never have to see there child pass, nor one of the younger members of the family pass before the elders!

The 89 year old father and grandfather - emotionally you prepare for that differently

Michael Jackson’s Doc, Conrad Murray, Hopes Joe Jackson ‘Finds Redemption in Hell’

VIDEO: https://theblast.com/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-joe-jackson/

Conrad Murray, the infamous doctor who was jailed for the death of Michael Jackson, says MJ’s dad Joe was one of the worst fathers of all time and hopes the recently buried patriarch is finding “redemption in hell.”

In a video obtained by The Blast, Murray unloads on the legacy of Joe Jackson, calling him “one of the worst fathers to his children in history.”

Murray explains that during his time caring for Michael, he was told of the “many sufferings at the hands of his father,” and claims the stories were horrifying.

In particular, the doc addressed the theories that MJ was allegedly chemically castrated as a child via hormone injections to delay puberty and maintain his high-pitched voice. Murray puts the blame for the alleged procedure squarely on Joe, and says it is “beyond words.”

Michael Jackson was under the care of Murray at the time of his passing in 2009. The doctor was subsequently convicted of involuntary manslaughter and served two years in prison for administering the lethal dose of the powerful anesthetic, propofol, that killed the pop star. In 2010 Joe Jackson filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Murray but later dropped the case.

Even though the Estate of Michael Jackson claimed to have mended their relationship with Joe prior to his death on June 27th, Michael was not so forgiving and reportedly told many of his closest friends how much he loathed his father. In fact, it was discovered after his death that Joe was specifically written out of The King of Pop’s will.

MJ’s kids apparently didn’t have the same experience with their grandfather, as evidenced by Paris Jackson‘s touching tribute to her grandfather after his passing, and Prince Jackson‘s colorful defense of Joe’s legacy.

Murray, however, definitely has not changed his feelings on Joe, proclaiming “It is said that only the good die young … I hope Joe Jackson finds redemption in hell.”

As we reported, Jackson was buried near Michael’s crypt at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale last week in a private service attended by family and friends.

ILoveHIStory;4225627 said:
Michael Jackson&#8217;s Doc, Conrad Murray, Hopes Joe Jackson &#8216;Finds Redemption in Hell&#8217;

VIDEO: https://theblast.com/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-joe-jackson/

If anyone deserves hell, it's this rat Conrad Murray. His negligence cost Michael at least 30 years of his life. What kind of doctor doesn't know how to do CPR? This idiot should be locked up forever. I'm sorry but this made me so angry. How dare he comment on Michael or his family after what he did? Shameless piece of crap.

Last edited:
If anyone deserves hell, it's this rat Conrad Murray. His negligence cost Michael at least 30 years of his life. What kind of doctor doesn't know how to do CPR? This idiot should be locked up forever. I'm sorry but this made me so angry. Who dare he comment on Michael or his family after what he did? Shameless piece of crap.

Yuuup coming from a man who killed MJ, then tried to cover it up......and now makes a living by trashing MJ in the press :wtf2:

I am not aware of all the things that Joe did, because I haven't read every single account. But I do think it's odd that they are all smiling in that picture. The Jackson family are known for smiling in photos, though, so maybe that's why.

If nothing else, Joe gave us Michael, Janet, Jermaine, Tito, Rebbie, LaToya, Marlon, and Jackie. He gave us all this music that we all enjoy. He was not a very nice man, but I'm grateful to him for giving us the children.

If anyone deserves hell, it's this rat Conrad Murray. His negligence cost Michael at least 30 years of his life. What kind of doctor doesn't know how to do CPR? This idiot should be locked up forever. I'm sorry but this made me so angry. How dare he comment on Michael or his family after what he did? Shameless piece of crap.

Very true. But then how dare the press give him a soapbox to stand on. Their just as guilty, maybe even more so. They know better, but revenue is everything. They know he's full of shit, but give him a platform anyway. Best thing would be is to not give him any attention. He wants to be important Don't give him that. Or the press.

Anything he says is tabloid garbage from 30 years ago. Seriously how sad is it that they have to repeat the same repetitive shit. Their desperate to stay relevant and so is Murray.

Last edited:
Back