John Landis was on BBC this morning

egi

Proud Member
John Landis was on BBC breakfast this morning talking about MJ among other stuff.
Said he enjoyed working on Thriller with him becuase he was 'sweet' and 'he just wanted to turn into a monster'.
He said B&W was much more Michael's film and said MJ was really nuts. He said he had to help him deliver his vision without MJ ending up looking nuts (presumambly because he had some bonkers ideas).
I got the impression that he preferred Mike during the Thriller time and that it wasn't the same later on.
The interview was short and may be on the BBC website?

I've just watched it. Why does he keep saying Michael was nuts? i think that gives of the wrong impression to most people. I also got the impression John liked Michael better in the Thriller era.

Phh.

p.s: What did John Landis say at the end? something about a suprise for fans? is that the movie that's supposedly coming out?

yeah I watched that too...typical Landis interview. I think overall he meant Michael was great to work with. As a director he was given more leeway during thriller than in Black or White. I thought Black or White was poignant in its own way...well done to Michael for that!

Sunday Freakfestival or something....a surprise for MJ fans. Maybe he's showing some behind the scene stuff from thriller filming?

John Landis was on BBC breakfast this morning talking about MJ among other stuff.
Said he enjoyed working on Thriller with him becuase he was 'sweet' and 'he just wanted to turn into a monster'.
He said B&W was much more Michael's film and said MJ was really nuts. He said he had to help him deliver his vision without MJ ending up looking nuts (presumambly because he had some bonkers ideas).
I got the impression that he preferred Mike during the Thriller time and that it wasn't the same later on.
The interview was short and may be on the BBC website?

well maybe he called Michael nuts because Mickey and Mac make a "banana cream pie" ouf of Landis after shooting lool
:D

that's dumb about mj being nuts - whatever

I don't think he would have meant it as in actually crazy. If you see some of the footage of while they were filming it, he was pretty nuts. LOL But that's what made him MJ :D

well maybe he called Michael nuts because Mickey and Mac make a "banana cream pie" ouf of Landis after shooting lool
:D

Yeah, that was awesome LOL. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it, just seeing Michael running around screaming and laughing throwing pies. :rofl:

Didn't both Quincy and Landis kinda turn on Mike after he "turned white"? I don't think either of them really believed Michael had a condition, and made their own conclusions from that.

Didn't both Quincy and Landis kinda turn on Mike after he "turned white"? I don't think either of them really believed Michael had a condition, and made their own conclusions from that.

I don't think it would have been that, when Black Or White was being filmed, Michael was almost fully white anyway. Apparently Michael owed Landis some royalties from Thriller. Don't know about Quincy though.

Michael is nuts:tease::wild::wild::wild::wild:, but thats why we love him - am I right?!:wub:

landis has had it out for michael since he started breaking records. and why yet again over money. dont forget either last year or earlier this year landis was suing michael for some payment arather for thriller. so um yeah

He would have been referring to MJ wanting to do things during the Panther Scene.
Yes, i think the same, the Pather section was crazy! excellent in a good way, Michael was nuts cause he had amazing creative unbelievable ideas, he didnt mean it in a bad way, all geniuses were nuts:D:yes:

landis has had it out for michael since he started breaking records. and why yet again over money. dont forget either last year or earlier this year landis was suing michael for some payment arather for thriller. so um yeah
just because he was suing michael over payments doesn't mean he can't be distraught or upset over michaels passing. sharing happy memories...

i don't know the ins and outs but john landis and michael worked so well together and from what we saw had alot of fun together while doing so

John Landis has always said Michael was crazy or nuts, so nothing new there. He also always say's he really likes Michael.

I watched the BBC interview with John Landis, and he said that he's attending a festival called Frightfest, and there will be a surprise on Sunday for Michael Jackson fans after showing Thriller. I can't see any showings of Thriller on the schedule, so I'm not too sure how accurate what John Landis is saying about Thriller and the Michael Jackson surprise http://www.frightfest.co.uk/index.html.

Back