John Textor: possible‘Michael Jackson’hologram concert next year

I'm pretty sure that Tupac hologram still used impersonator. Someone did the motion capture.

That's why I said rotoscope should be used for MJ's dancing, but come to think of it maybe they should just rotoscope the whole thing because MJ did have a certain kind of walk/strut when he performed that I haven't seen anyone else be able to emulate.:yes:

Noooo, slave to the rythum hologram was horrible absolutely no

NO! Hologram Michael? Don't care if it is made well or horrible - it will always be creepy to me. And definitely no second Michael.
Sttr hologram was ridiculous. I could not see and find one ounce of Michael in it.

Yeah the hologram idea is just sick in my opinion. However i wouldnt put anything past those money hungry Jacksons.

I would even go so far as to say that hologram Michael reminds me of those gruesome freak / circus shows in the 19th century. That idea gives me a knot in my stomach.
Sad. Very very sad.

Heres the article.
It's from Billboard.

Michael Jackson Hologram Dispute Is Settled
3/17/2016 by Eriq Gardner
FACEBOOK
TWITTER

Two companies that fought viciously over the rights to hologram and digital projection technology have come to an agreement with each other, although it won't quite end all the legal madness over the technology capable of*reviving dead stars and allowing living ones to be in multiple places at any given moment.

Hologram USA, run by entrepreneur Alki David, filed a patent infringement lawsuit in Nevada against John Textor's Pulse Evolution Corp. at the time of the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, which featured Pulse's work on*a Michael Jackson hologram. (Billboard's parent company originally was a co-defendant, but was voluntarily dropped from the case.)

Michael Jackson Hologram Lawsuit: Judge Dismisses False Advertising Claim Against Alki David

There was more to this lawsuit than met the eye. Hologram USA claimed rights over a technology*— a derivation of a 19th*century illusion called*"Pepper's Ghost" — that had*derived*from a German inventor named Uwe Maass who worked with a British business person, Ian O'Connell, and another individual, before the company was thrown into bankruptcy under contentious circumstances. The technology then was auctioned to an Italian before winding up in the hands of David, a Greek billionaire, who began fighting with Textor, whose company was O'Connell's American licensee for spectacles like the famous Tupac Shakur hologram at Coachella.

Got that?

If not, our story in May 2015 explained in more detail*this crazy international fight, including a side lawsuit brought in Florida by Textor against David for alleged cyberstalking for doing things like posting a picture of Adolf Hitler on Instagram and tagging him. (That latter case was recently featured in a*Florida appeals court decision*over the constitutionality of a cyber-gag order.)

Now, however, in a settlement that as we understand it, resolves both the Michael Jackson hologram dispute as well as the Florida cyberstalking case, the parties have agreed to rest their bitter dispute so as to move forward in their plans to conquer the universe with holograms and digital projections of celebrities everywhere.

In a statement Pulse provides, "Hologram USA, Inc., MDH Hologram, Ltd., and Pulse Evolution Corporation report that they have reached an amicable resolution of the litigation related to the 2014 Billboard Music Awards.”

A Hologram USA spokesperson adds,*"Though the terms of the agreement are confidential, we were very happy to receive Pulse's settlement."

Michael Jackson 'Hologram' Show Triggers New Lawsuit

Nevertheless, despite the lovefest — and Hologram USA's parting kiss — there's still controversy in court. On Monday, O'Connell filed his own lawsuit in Nevada asserting patent infringement, breach of contract, tortious interference, fraudulent misrepresentation and more against Hologram USA and O'Connell's former partner Maass concerning rights to the technology. If the action survives any jurisdictional and statute of limitation challenges, the court will probably have to delve once again into the development of the technology at hand as well as the business dealings and international arbitration proceedings that preceded the notice of settlement filed in court on Wednesday.

Please explain! :) Is this a reaction to my post?
No. It's a reaction to the idea they're putting out there about a hologram concert/tour. The idea disgusts me. People saw the hologram on Billboard awards and many were disgusted. I don't even want to name the hologram, I'm so disgusted. Sorry about the confusion.

Simon Fuller teams up with mainland Chinese firms to create digital pop stars
British entrepreneur created holographic Michael Jackson; his pop stars will be able to perform at multiple locations in multiple languages

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-go-stars-simon-fuller-teams-mainland-chinese

The man behind the hit American Idol TV show is preparing to impress the world with his next big creation – digital pop stars.

British entrepreneur and talent manager Simon Fuller is working on developing virtual music stars through his digital production firm, Pulse Evolution Corp, which is backed by money from two mainland Chinese firms, Original Force Computer Animation and Shanghai U9 Game, which are portfolio investments of Tencent Holdings.

Fuller is a business partner with English soccer star David Beckham, whose wife Victoria is currently in Hong Kong to open her first fashion store in the city.

Pulse is the company that caused a sensation earlier with life-like holographic images of dead singers such as Michael Jackson. This time, it will develop several virtual music stars, one of them an entirely fictional pop singer for young fans.
Another make-believe star will be based on a real-life artist who is not famous and may do better in digital form.

They will hit the scene over the next 18 months. Because they are digital, the virtual pop stars can perform simultaneously at multiple locations and communicate with audiences in several languages.

“I am very excited by all the incredible opportunities virtual reality and immersive technology will provide,” Fuller said. “Entertainment will be at the forefront of showcasing this incredible new technology.”

Simon Fuller to Bring Virtual Pop Stars to the Stage

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/simon-fuller-bring-virtual-pop-876675

The man behind 'American Idol' becomes the largest shareholder in hologram company Pulse.

The man who made reality show contestants stars through American Idol is turning his attention to creating digital pop stars.

Simon Fuller will become the largest shareholder of Pulse Evolution, the company behind the Tupac Shakur and Michael Jackson holograms, in a deal that will see the co-production of several new entertainment properties and virtual reality experiences.

Using Pulse's Digital Life technology, Fuller will create new, immersive music properties that will launch within the next year and a half.

"I am very excited by all the incredible opportunities virtual reality and immersive technology will provide," said Fuller. "I am very focused on creating some extraordinary music-based properties that can enthrall and captivate audiences around the world. Entertainment will be at the forefront of showcasing this incredible new technology."

Fuller is the creator of British hit Pop Idol, which launched the global Idol franchise.

Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment Wants to Make First Digital Pop Star: Signs Landmark Deal with Digital Life Pioneer Pulse Evolution

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...er’s-XIX-Entertainment-Digital-Pop-Star

The man behind the ‘Idol’ franchise, the Spice Girls and other entertainment icons is poised to become largest shareholder of virtual entertainment technology company.

LONDON & LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment today announced the signing of a landmark partnership with Pulse Evolution Corporation in a deal that will allow the two companies to co-produce a series of entertainment properties and virtual reality experiences featuring Pulse’s market leading digital human, or Digital Life, technology. Fuller is joining the founders of Pulse Evolution, those responsible for the Tupac Shakur Hologram at Coachella and Virtual Michael Jackson at the Billboard Music Awards, in a transformative deal that will position Fuller to become the largest shareholder of Pulse. The new partners expect to introduce their all-new form of entertainment to global audiences in the next 18 months.

The partnership aims to combine the highest quality visual imagery, including hyper-realistic digital humans, with the most advanced and rapidly evolving display technologies, to create immersive content for stage, virtual reality, augmented reality and artificial intelligence. Fuller, noted by Billboard magazine as the most successful British music manager of all time, created the British TV hit Pop Idol, American Idol and the global Idol franchise, which has since garnered 6.5 billion viewers to become the world's most widely watched television franchise. He also manages, or has managed, such iconic acts as the Spice Girls, the late Amy Winehouse, Annie Lennox, Carrie Underwood, Steven Tyler, Kelly Clarkson, Lisa Marie Presley, Victoria Beckham and David Beckham.

Fuller now joins Pulse Evolution, a global leader in the creation of hyper-realistic digital humans, or Digital Life, to produce entertainment properties and content intended to address the exploding market of immersive entertainment, with their first project being the digital development of ELVIS PRESLEY in preparation for a live show experience to showcase the genius of this most iconic performer at his absolute prime.

“I am very excited by all the incredible opportunities virtual reality and immersive technology will provide,” said Fuller. “I am very focused on creating some extraordinary music-based properties that can enthrall and captivate audiences around the world. Entertainment will be at the forefront of showcasing this incredible new technology.”

“We are thrilled to have Simon and his team join us on this journey,” said Pulse Evolution executive chairman John Textor. “Today is a giant step for VR and AR enthusiasts as one of the world’s most accomplished producers, and his extended family of collaborating artists, begin to explore the medium of immersive entertainment. There are limitless possibilities for talent to engage their audiences in ways that we can now barely imagine.”

Earlier this year, Pulse Evolution received investments from China’s Original Force Computer Animation Co. Ltd and Shanghai U9 Game Co. Ltd., both of which are portfolio investments of Tencent Holding Limited, a $200 billion global conglomerate.

Thanks for the info mkgenie!

If Pulse was smart they'd put their all into making an MJ hologram though.
They're going to put a lot of money into an Elvis hologram and the majority of people aren't going to be interested.
The upside to this is that any problems that they have with the Elvis hologram can be made sure not to happen with the MJ hologram.
The Elvis hologram can be sort of a test dummy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info mkgenie!

If Pulse was smart they'd put their all into making an MJ hologram though.
They're going to put a lot of money into an Elvis hologram and the majority of people aren't going to be interested.
The upside to this is that any problems that they have with the Elvis hologram can be made sure not to happen with the MJ hologram.
The Elvis hologram can be sort of a test dummy.
Bahaha! Elvis hologram as a test dummy. Michael would love it!
;-)

If it's done well, it could be amazing.. If not done well, it could be horrendous..

I wouldn't be able to make a final judgment call until after I had seen the results..

Interesting idea though, imo..

I also think that about 75% of the money that comes from MJ's hologram should go to MJ's estate and the other 25% should go to charity. :)
I think MJ would like that.:yes:

An important article!
If it's true and not satire that is....

Spring Splash 2016 0
BY CHRISTAL MIMS ON MARCH 28, 2016 ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT, CONCERTS AND LIVE PERFORMANCES
Some of the greats will be gracing us once again in the form of holograms for UC Riverside’s 2016 Spring Splash concert. After the loss of one of UCR’s biggest music events, Heat, ASPB decided that they needed to take it up a notch to compensate for the devastation that swept the campus; ladies and gentlemen, I think it’s safe to say that they’ve succeeded. Essentially returning from the grave for the joy and entertainment of UCR students will be Selena, Tupac, Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson.

In addition to the unmatched talent these artists will bring, students will have the opportunity to indulge in various attractions including the well-known ferris wheel and even a holographic beer garden! (Almost like the real thing, folks.) This year’s Spring Splash will definitely not be one to miss so without further ado, let’s learn more about the legends who will be resurfacing in May.

Selena:

Selena was a queen. There is no denying it. Some of us weren’t even born when Selena passed away, and at the age of 23, the Mexican-American songstress left us far too soon. Luckily UCR will now have the opportunity to get a glimpse of what made her so great. Hits like “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom” and “I Could Fall in Love” gave her worldwide fame and now we’ll get to experience what it’s like to see her bring these songs to life.

Tupac:l

Tupac was (and still is) arguably the best rapper to ever enter the game. His artistry was unique and always changing, and he diversified himself well enough to be loved by the masses. His bars were pure poetry. I can’t be the only one disappointed that we’ll never be able to hear new music from this gamechanger, let alone be able to see him live. No need to fear UCR. We’ve got the next best thing: his hologram.

Whitney Houston:

I’m still not sure that anyone can challenge Whitney Houston’s vocals. She did ballads like no other and her range was otherworldly. I’d sell my organs on the black market just to hear her sing “I Will Always Love You” in the flesh. You just don’t find the kind of talent that she brought to the table nowadays. I can almost guarantee you that any vocalist making music today has been influenced by Houston and we’re lucky that here at UCR we’re going to have the chance to pretty much see her live.

Michael Jackson:

Do I really need to say anything? I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t like Michael Jackson. The king of pop is still referred to as the greatest entertainer of all time and there are legitimate reasons as to why this is so. The man gave his all to every dance and song he ever performed. The fact that we will never have the opportunity to see him perform live ever again is a heartbreaking reality. But just imagine seeing his hologram. I can’t even sit still thinking about all of the dancing I’m going to be doing when he performs songs like “Billie Jean” and “Bad.”
Spring Splash 2016 is going to be one for the books so make sure you and all of your friends get tickets. If you miss these stars at this festive gathering, you’ll never have the chance to enjoy their music live — well, kind of live — ever again. Don’t sleep on this one Highlanders!

Last edited:
"... a holographic beer garden."

LMFAO!!!

I'm positive that this article is a nice piece of satire :)

I think the same thing LOL.:rollin:
I posted it just in case though.:)
Actually, a nice holographic beer garden in my town (in Germany) ... I would hide and watch all those yaws dropping when people are being served a cool and refreshing hologram glass of beer. Rofl

In Romania, Bucharest where I live it will be a great MJ staff concert with his hologram, on 7.07.2016 this year!

In Romania, Bucharest where I live it will be a great MJ staff concert with his hologram, on 7.07.2016 this year!

Yeah... a concert which unfortunately will perform Earnest Valentino which overnight was proclaimed the official MJ lookalike.
I hate this Earnest Valentino.

Mihaela;4143140 said:
Yeah... a concert which unfortunately will perform Earnest Valentino which overnight was proclaimed the official MJ lookalike.
I hate this Earnest Valentino.

Noooooooooo!
I hope that "concert" flops like a bad soufflé.
It's going to be cringeworthy

Back