June 25th 2023

FzDo1LkaAAEMlB8

My poster is shown at 0:01!!!! it's the big white one!!!!
Is this your poster? Just to the left of that pretty little bouquet, the one with 2 sunflowers and some roses and tied with a red bow? There's a big poster, white background, several different photos of Michael. Is that one yours?

Fze5fJSaAAIj2xW

Info at 7m 20s re the Monte Carlo Cafe which has a Beat It smoothie as a permanent item on the menu.

Yeah, it broke me. I was actually doing fine until I saw it. My mindset all day has been more about celebrating his life and feeling mostly OK. Then I saw this Beyonce thing. Not sure if it's from her current tour. She was in Frankfurt last night, I think. I had a very quick look but couldn't see anything. Anyway, it doesn't matter. She did it and it's beautiful and powerful and magnificent.
I liked the first half, especially, but when she begann to almost scream and break down ... I don't know ... took me by surprise

EDIT: is this from last Sunday?

Last edited:
EDIT: is this from last Sunday?
Not sure. I know she was in Frankfurt on Sat 24th. But I don't know if this is even from her current tour let alone which gig. I'm kind of thinking it's from an older tour. I tried to find photos from her current tour of her wearing that outfit but couldn't find a match.

I liked the first half, especially, but when she begann to almost scream and break down ... I don't know ... took me by surprise
I know what you mean. I'm Black but I'm not totally up for the gospel weeping and wailing thing, ngl. I'm British, it's not my cultural background so I don't exactly love it to bits. There's footage of her paying tribute to Michael in the aftermath of his death and she does the whole thing of kneeling down, smacking the floor and it just doesn't work for me. I totally understand what's going on but it doesn't get through to me at all.

With this one, it worked perfectly so I was a bit surprised - the opposite of your surprise, lol. I loved the start but then I expected to start feeling detached from it as she got more and more dramatic but ... it didn't happen. She judged it perfectly, the emotion was spot on. Heartfelt, heartwrenching, even, but not overly dramatic. I loved it. It was beautifully staged, perfectly filmed, magnificently edited. The whole thing just worked so well. I'm kind of obsessed with it, atm.

I just saw this video on the thread and was saddened to see that our wreath we sent to Michael was vandalized - the framed photo of Michael was stolen. Every year we collect funds from fans around our country to send flowers to Michael. People donate as much as they can, then we order floral composition with the photo and message ... that's our way to be closer to him, to say how much we love and miss him. I'm not naive and know that sooner or later flowers and sweet cards and pics might end up in a trash can but I would never think that those beautiful signs of love being vandalized on Michael's remembrance day by his own fans. That's how our wreath looked originally ... and you can see how it looked after, the early morning of June 26th in the video from above:cry:

Fzuz91JXgAUy1CC
FzgVTaHakAAeIPx
FzgVTaHakAAeIPx

@jasperjay the mural didn't take long at all. it only took minutes to assemble the picture, candles, and i bought the rose globe from my local store with my own money specially for this date. lighting the candles was pretty finicky though... the lighter just DIDN'T want to light. but i managed to do it
this would be very interesting to do, thank you for idea!

Elliot Mintz

356066502_10160038866714794_8365411735643177659_n.jpg

michael jackson passed on this day in 2009.
he was 50 years old.
i have posted about him before....but in the internet world, people come and go and nobody reads or remembers everything.
also, i know how much many of you loved the man and his music, so i am sharing a few recollections one more time.
he was a friend of mine. i do not claim to have known him well and doubt if anyone really did. but we shared some wonderful times together. he always treated me with respect and generosity.
beyond all the accolades that he rightfully earned and deserved, i found him to be quite grounded in his core beliefs. he was much smarter than people gave him credit. he was an attentive listener and frequently spoke to me from a place of deep knowledge and compassion. he truly believed through his humanitarian work that music had the power to alter the planet.
i can recall nights sitting with michael in his living room as he spoke softly about everything from racism in america to his empathy for the 'elephant man'. he asked me questions about john's songs, especially 'come together'.....which he masterfully covered.
we attended a james brown concert in l.a., a broadway show in new york (where this photo was taken), a visit to the l.a. zoo on 'fathers day' with sean. he invited me to the taping of one of his music videos, movie screenings at his home…..…and would phone late at night when he knew i would be awake as he always was.
michael was the definition of 'contemporary' with respect to his artistry, but nostalgic and respectful when he spoke of sammy davis jr, james brown or fred astaire. he had a great sense of reverence and respect for the artists that came before him.....and spoke excitedly about a few he met.
i liked his chimp but was nervous around the snake.
my favorite room in his house was the 'game room' filled with pinball machines. we played….and he always won. that's where he first introduced me to his sister, latoya so many years ago.
in our late night phone calls, we spoke more about the state of the world as opposed to the trappings of his superstardom. the first was an imperative..... the rest, a given.
i will always miss michael jackson as i know so many of you do tonight.

Back