Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Mrs. Jackson exploitation of Michael's children actually hurts. I try to remember to call her Mrs. Jackson as a way of respecting that she was Michael's mother, but nothing seems to stop her disrespect of him, his children, and his fans. Her granddaughter is in crisis. She attempted to take her life. Even if it was an impulsive, not serious attempt, it was a loud cry for help in coping. For Paris to be showcased in a documentary at this time is thoughtless, and even callous. Her welfare certainly is NOT a priority here.

If Mrs. Jackson sincerely wanted to share the familial side of MJ to his fans, showcasing family pictures and sharing family memories, she doesn't need his music. She doesn't even need a major distributor. She could put it on youtube. That would go a long way to demonstrate she's coming from a sincere place. She doesn't need to make money off the project. The estate is suppose to generate money from MJ's legacy, and she benefits handsomely from those efforts. She's suppose to be his mother and benefit his children with emotional support and stability.

It's just amazing how disconnected she seems to be in realizing the negative impression her "projects" make. Or maybe she really does not care AT ALL. Which after almost five years of scheme after scheme is still hard for me to totally accept, because I know how very much Michael loved her. I was hoping finally that she would just STOP with the schemes, but I see nothing stops them. Very very disheartening.

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Mrs. Jackson exploitation of Michael's children actually hurts. I try to remember to call her Mrs. Jackson as a way of respecting that she was Michael's mother, but nothing seems to stop her disrespect of him, his children, and his fans. Her granddaughter is in crisis. She attempted to take her life. Even if it was an impulsive, not serious attempt, it was a loud cry for help in coping. For Paris to be showcased in a documentary at this time is thoughtless, and even callous. Her welfare certainly is NOT a priority here.

If Mrs. Jackson sincerely wanted to share the familial side of MJ to his fans, showcasing family pictures and sharing family memories, she doesn't need his music. She doesn't even need a major distributor. She could put it on youtube. That would go a long way to demonstrate she's coming from a sincere place. She doesn't need to make money off the project. The estate is suppose to generate money from MJ's legacy, and she benefits handsomely from those efforts. She's suppose to be his mother and benefit his children with emotional support and stability.

It's just amazing how disconnected she seems to be in realizing the negative impression her "projects" make. Or maybe she really does not care AT ALL. Which after almost five years of scheme after scheme is still hard for me to totally accept, because I know how very much Michael loved her. I was hoping finally that she would just STOP with the schemes, but I see nothing stops them. Very very disheartening.

KJ has been an UTTER failure on matters of guardianship. her parenting skills, if any at all, are left wanting.

no wonder her entire family is so dysfunctional because it is formed on incredibly disturbing values, if any at all.

I cringe at some of the comments by the children. It must be scripted and "say this" and say that". because non of it sounds real. And what does she mean by " present a side of Michael Jackson no one has ever seen"? We all know that he moved to the sound of the washingmachine, we all know most of it since they have been saying the same things for years. What is it that she will tell now? A made up story?

This whole thing made me want to take my head and bang it into a wall repeatedly.

I never trusted the Jackson family when Michael was alive and I don't trust their hair brained schemes now. It's just like...whyyyy. Why drag his children into this. As much as I don't like TMZ (or any tabloid) their video had a good point. It's a pathetic money grab.

I just want to run down there and help those poor kids. I don't think they need all this garbage.

I'm glad it got taken down and people got their money back at least.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/uni_sweetie1/2ptw9hl.gif

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> „Our goal with this film is to share a positive, loving and respectful tribute to Michael,..”
(Mrs. Jackson in her beg video for money)

I do not like to write this but in my opinon it is to be feared that these statements are not unambiguous but invite to misinterpretation.

For example:
''There are a lot of bad people out there ... We didn't know a lot of kids our age. We were more secluded, we never left the ranch that often.”
''He promised he would teach me how to moonwalk but never got around to it.”
“He wanted us to always be, like, what we wanted to be, just be greater at it than anybody else has ever been.”

Prince & Paris are telling very innocent but it can be interpret unsuspected or bad.
Have had Rebbie, LaToya and the Boulevard-Medias not often spoke/wrote about that Michael’s children now would have a ‘normal life’ without veils and with contact to the ‘real world’?
I don’t know whether the children could self dertermine from what they spoke.
But, for me, it is odd that they spoke about points which were a reason for Rebbie, LaToya (and Mrs. Jackson too!) to criticise Michael’s parenting.

And is there a guarantee that somebody not will twist the sentence “He promised he would teach me…but never got around to it” to “Michael Jackson have had no time for his promise to his daughter because he must went to the doctors?

Is there a spot about Michael’s difficult life as a superstar and all the necessities for a minimal private life?
If this tribute video should be respectfull then the producers must avoid every possibility for misunderstanding.
An this I do not see in the beg video.

(it is hard for me to write clearly my thoughts because for complex facts my english isn’t good enough.)
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

^^ I agree with you. In the media those statements are called “Sound bites”. No matter how positive the film is, they will use those “sound bites” to create controversy. That is one of the reasons MJ stopped giving interviews; he was tired of his words being twisted to mean something different from what he meant. I believe MJ would be so disappointed to see his children placed in front of a camera and told “say something you remember about your dad”.

Maybe someday when they are old enough to understand how their words can be twisted and how their comments can be used against MJ, they will sit and have a thoughtful conversation about growing up at Neverland. Maybe not. Right now they are too young to understand. And the people around them who are old enough to understand obviously don’t care. The best way to honor MJ in my opinion is not with films and concerts but by giving his children a chance to group up in private. Unfortunately, with the Jacksons “private” seems impossible.

Mneme;3945846 said:
For example:
''There are a lot of bad people out there ... We didn't know a lot of kids our age. We were more secluded, we never left the ranch that often.&#8221;
''He promised he would teach me how to moonwalk but never got around to it.&#8221;
&#8220;He wanted us to always be, like, what we wanted to be, just be greater at it than anybody else has ever been.&#8221;

I agree with you post. Seemingly brainwashing is going on in full force or kids are made to say things that support others agenda.

The bolded part, I have no doubt KJ and others made her to lie for this mockumentary.
If you remember the interview Paris gave to Event magazine in April this year? She said in that interview:
"My dad taught me how to dance. I would always dance. And yes, he did teach me the moonwalk!"

For this documentary she says MJ never got a chance to teach her moonwalk!
Her interview part for this mockumentray was done before her suicide attempt (prior Aug), so I don't believe she would have forgotten what she told said few months earlier.

KJ hasn't forgotten how to make kids do and say things that benefits her/family.

Last edited:

Maybe Katherine wanted to get billions of dollars from AEG as a compensation for Michael not teaching Paris the moonwalk .

Maybe the smart Jacksons thought a jury might feel learning the moonwalk was super important.:smilerolleyes:

probably that was what she was going to tell the jurors

"&#8220;Mrs. Jackson&#8217;s motive for this project is to present a side of Michael Jackson no one has ever seen."

My question is: if she somehow manages to get financial backup for this mockumentary, how do you trust her that everything said in it is true or what MJ said or did?
Unfortunately last 4 1/2 year have shown me that I cannot trust what comes out of KJ's mouth or anyone in his "family".

sfosteredi;3945887 said:
In the media those statements are called &#8220;Sound bites&#8221;. No matter how positive the film is, they will use those &#8220;sound bites&#8221; to create controversy.

This beggar video was not made from the press. It was made from the producers and one of them ist Mrs. Katherine Jackson.
She served this "sound bites"!
The fact that this video was on her website and the press articles were to the same time make it obvious for me that she had sent this video to the medias too.
Now the question is: WHY were for Katherine just these statements important?
If I would think bad I would think: This tribute video is made to be a commercial success but it seems for a right commercial success the fans and other Michael lovers aren't enough for Mrs. Jackson (and the co-producers). Because they wish more proceeds they must have more buyers. Therfore they made a potpourri of unambiguous pro Michael and ambigous parts/statements so the Michael haters do have a heaven-sent opportunity.
And latter is the stewing meat in this video soup. It is the liability for a openly controversy in the press, and this again is new advertising what brings more buyer and therefore more money.
And the press is promply biting on.

No, the aim of this 'respectful' video ist to earn money and Michael is only the mean. That is my opinion.

Mneme ^^sometimes you really go deeper into a topic and come out with thoughts and ideas that make me think! I see your point here. It is almost as though the parties to the documentary thought about what negative aspects would get the general public to buy and would cause the media to create stories based on the ambiguity of the children's statements.

Bubs good find with that contradiction about the dance. I just hope people are not deliberately lying.

I just heard the Meserau interview on The King Jordan Radio and a caller asked him about the K. Jackson-documentation. He said he knows nothing about the documentary.
He obviously does not know that he is listed as interview-partner. Maybe Travis Payne also doesn`t know something about his luck?

Mesereau did say he didn't see a problem with the family doing paid interviews and tours. I guess it shouldn't surprise me given how close he is to them but I found that a disconnect given he also discussed and seemed very sympathetic to MJ about the toll this family business took on Mike.

Last edited:

Mrs. J testified she did not know that MJ went into rehab after he cancelled the Dangerous tour in 93. (I guess my children didn't want to worry me). She seems to rely on what she is told and seems to have no independent fact-finding abilities. Basically, she seems to me to be clueless about the real world that MJ lived in, so how is she going to enlighten us about him?

She doesn't want to hear bad things remember? If they really want to honor Michael than support things like Cirque shows, bad 25 and Spike Lee's documentary. All positive and help people appreciate Michael. Just because they get nothing financially from it that should not be what is important. Be proud of what Michael has done and achieved. Not about them all the time.

And most of all just love and support his kids. Their dad is gone and they will always have that void in their lives and that they will never fill again. They can find happiness in their lives but that loss will stay with them.

Mesereau did say he didn't see a problem with the family doing paid interviews and tours. I guess it shouldn't surprise me given how close he is to them but I found that a disconnect given he also discussed and seemed very sympathetic to MJ about the toll this family business took on Mike.

What I am getting from him is that he feels it is ok for a mother to try to make money, Michael was her son, people have to live. He admits he does not know the details of the situation. From listening to him talk in relation to the Jacksons, he never will admit that an action by Katherine, Randy, or any Jackson was wrong. He prevaricates; says the person is intelligent; he does not know much about the situation; his interaction with the person is limited--you know, good lawyer phrases. Now in talking about the fans who did not agree with him, or about Muarry, he is more verbal in showing his displeasure, like the way he talks about fans trying to boycott that book, or his displeasure with Muarry. Basically this means that he is refraining from publicly dissecting and showing his disapproval of certain people.

I like TMez, but he is a human with his own agenda, feelings of right & wrong, etc.

I am thinking he doesn't want to say anything bad about Katherine because he saw her with Michael everyday. Being respectful. Maybe he doesn't agree with things but he would rather keep that to himself. It is understandable.

I am thinking he doesn't want to say anything bad about Katherine because he saw her with Michael everyday. Being respectful. Maybe he doesn't agree with things but he would rather keep that to himself. It is understandable.

^^I think so too. If that is the way he wants to handle these issues, so be it. I am just saying this is his pattern in terms of the family, so he is not the best source to get a perspective on the documentary and issues related to the family, but I notice fans and callers like to ask him those questions.

Bubs good find with that contradiction about the dance. I just hope people are not deliberately lying.

I don't think Paris deliberately lied. I think people behind this mockumentray told her to say that, and if KJ applied the same manipulation tactics on Paris than she did with MJ when they needed MJ to do tour with brothers, Paris might have obeyed. Maybe kids see KJ the same way as MJ in his times, and kids will do anything what granny asks them to do. We have seen that they have done quite a lot already.

^^Yes. Obviously someone, the director of this documentary, told the kids to talk about XYZ. I was trying to put myself in their place. If I was young and lost my dad, the first things that would come into my head would be some great things we did together that made me very happy. I mean, those big daddy moments would flash into my mind. It is like Paris' spontaneous statement at the memorial--..."the best daddy..." Even though it made her cry it is the best/good/exciting that flashes to the mind, especially if this person was your whole world. The first thing that comes to mind is not the zoo, or when you knew his name. All this makes me think they were given an idea of what to say in order to steer the doc into a particular direction. Oh well, its their lives.

I don't think Paris deliberately lied. I think people behind this mockumentray told her to say that, and if KJ applied the same manipulation tactics on Paris than she did with MJ when they needed MJ to do tour with brothers, Paris might have obeyed. Maybe kids see KJ the same way as MJ in his times, and kids will do anything what granny asks them to do. We have seen that they have done quite a lot already.

I think also. And is pretty much clever.
Do you remember how often Katherine, LaToya and Rebbie have spoken about 'now they don't must take veils and now they have freedom'? Often!
With other words: Michael had had his children isolated and had taken them their right for good visibility. And one could draw the concluion that it was true better for the children now since Michael was dead. It was abominable. Every time when LaToya was giving an interview and she was asked "and the children? Are they well?" she came out with the same: "Oh! Very well! Because now they doesn't must wear veils and they have contact to other kids." Katherine in the O. Winfrey interview the same.

Now they have aksked the kids for confirmation and that is like an absolution.

^^^^ Yes. So whose image are they concerned with?

^^Yes. Obviously someone, the director of this documentary, told the kids to talk about XYZ. I was trying to put myself in their place. If I was young and lost my dad, the first things that would come into my head would be some great things we did together that made me very happy. I mean, those big daddy moments would flash into my mind. It is like Paris' spontaneous statement at the memorial--..."the best daddy..." Even though it made her cry it is the best/good/exciting that flashes to the mind, especially if this person was your whole world. The first thing that comes to mind is not the zoo, or when you knew his name. All this makes me think they were given an idea of what to say in order to steer the doc into a particular direction. Oh well, its their lives.

I agree.
About those daddy moments. Do you remember what she said in Oprah, Ellen, and even Event magazine interviews?
Not once did she say what she didn't get a chance to do with her dad, she only said what they did do, like sitting on the roof top, MJ doing best breakfast ever, spending quality time alone with dad, going to museums and things like that.
Human brain is like that, if you are asked memories of passed family member, you do not come up with things that didn't happen, your brain is bringing out the memories that did happen, unless you have been coached by someone with agenda.

Michael didn't want them involved in his estate. His choice and that should be respected.

I agree 1000%. Michael wasn't a fool. He knew his family (better than they knew him, obviously!)and we are constantly reminded by their schemes and mad dreams that he definitely knew what he was doing!

I'm not amazed at all at mrs j's disconnection. She is shielded from any serious criticism - she's not on social media following comments. The msm very rarely calls her out, that tmz article which talked of the doc scam, actually says, 'Here's the deal ... Katherine Jackson is fundamentally a good woman with good intentions, but it's apparent she is often manipulated by people with bad intentions and that's what happened here.' Tmz! - do they normally hold their punches? The sullivan book criticises everyone - mj, the brothers etc but mrs j is spared. She is protected by highly paid lawyers paid for by mj's estate so that every story that puts her in a bad light is immediately rebutted - something that doesn't happen to mj or his children. Add to that, the deference that alot of mj fans (clearly not on here), feel towards mj's mother, and the fact that alot of 'business partners' see her approval as vital to the success of whatever mj project they're promoting, then i can understand why she probably feels that what she's doing hasn't harmful ramifications. Any lack of success (eg the cardiff tribute, this doc) will be put down to malign forces, powers that be etc.

I'm not amazed at all at mrs j's disconnection. She is shielded from any serious criticism - she's not on social media following comments. The msm very rarely calls her out, that tmz article which talked of the doc scam, actually says, 'Here's the deal ... Katherine Jackson is fundamentally a good woman with good intentions, but it's apparent she is often manipulated by people with bad intentions and that's what happened here.' Tmz! - do they normally hold their punches? The sullivan book criticises everyone - mj, the brothers etc but mrs j is spared. She is protected by highly paid lawyers paid for by mj's estate so that every story that puts her in a bad light is immediately rebutted - something that doesn't happen to mj or his children. Add to that, the deference that alot of mj fans (clearly not on here), feel towards mj's mother, and the fact that alot of 'business partners' see her approval as vital to the success of whatever mj project they're promoting, then i can understand why she probably feels that what she's doing hasn't harmful ramifications. Any lack of success (eg the cardiff tribute, this doc) will be put down to malign forces, powers that be etc.

Absolutely agree with this. Totally Teflon - the responsibility for everything negative related to MJ that she has been connected to, including MJ's unhappy childhood, has always magically slid off of Mrs J on to Joe or someone else. It's one thing for MJ and some fans to do it, but it's amazing how even tabloids like TMZ do it also, like the example you gave. (Of course, she probably earned favor from the media by changing the way MJ's kids were being raised in privacy by him to her putting them on display for media consumption and profit and by her actions that endorsed the media image of him as a drug addict.) MJ was often described as being in a bubble without anyone to say "no" to him, but Mrs J seems to be in a bigger bubble where the few pockets of criticism she receives for her actions can be easily ignored. I recall when she and Howard Mann first hooked up, which was during the height of the devastating financial crisis and spike in unemployment, she did an interview where she was complaining that the 10's of thousands of dollars she was receiving each month from the Estate was not enough while she was shown in front of the mansion she was living in. The tone deafness was stunning.

I don't understand why Katherine receives a pass for her actions. She has been in the business as long as her children have. She wasn't born yesterday.

Back