Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

I have been thinking about this a LOT and I just feel like this is going to keep happening over and over and over-(and there are enough vultures out there-every time something comes out about how WELL the estate is doing somebody goes after them (Wade, Quincy, Ramone, IRS, etc. etc. etc.)

and maybe the Estate should just offer some kind of consulting jobs to all the Jackson siblings-I think Jackie already works for them and some of Tito's kids too-maybe more than that. And maybe they can offer Joe another allowance-I know he turned down one before-but that was probably him thinking he could get a bigger piece of the pie.
But I have mixed feelings about this too-I don't know if that would ever be enough to stop them from a "new plan". And remembering the Victory Tour debacle and all the separate attys and managers and accountants is enough for me to say no to my own idea.

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

I have been thinking about this a LOT and I just feel like this is going to keep happening over and over and over-(and there are enough vultures out there-every time something comes out about how WELL the estate is doing somebody goes after them (Wade, Quincy, Ramone, IRS, etc. etc. etc.)

and maybe the Estate should just offer some kind of consulting jobs to all the Jackson siblings-I think Jackie already works for them and some of Tito's kids too-maybe more than that. And maybe they can offer Joe another allowance-I know he turned down one before-but that was probably him thinking he could get a bigger piece of the pie.
But I have mixed feelings about this too-I don't know if that would ever be enough to stop them from a "new plan". And remembering the Victory Tour debacle and all the separate attys and managers and accountants is enough for me to say no to my own idea.

The estate does not have to do anything. besides what consulting jobs can the estate offer them? the jacksons are simply unfit and incompetent since they have no qualification and experience.

Furthermore giving them consulting jobs they don't deserve will only feed that nasty sentiment of self-entitlement. it will also perpetuate a culture of nepotism. Sooner or later the jacksons will have to compete on the job market like everyone else.

Michael didn't want them involved in his estate. His choice and that should be respected.

Consulting jobs won't work, because they want millions and such jobs will not give them that. The estate needs creative minds, legal minds, technological minds and I don't know which Jacksons fit into those categories. They were not part of Michael's business when he was alive.

^^ Petrarose, Randy has some past's experience of running MJ business :cheeky:

Hopefully this was the last of their attempts of getting money of MJ, PPB or fans.
I don't know any other family that uses their mourning of passed "family" member to make money.
Last 4 and half years, they all have gone to TV, tabloids and other media outlet and have been paid for expressing their grief. They made it their own form of art - I tell you about Michael, I cry and you pay me type of thingy:no:
It is ridiculous, we don't see Cissy Houston going rounds in the media and talking about Whitney and her struggles. As fas as I know she wrote a book about Whitney, but that was it.

That's definitely not the right experience. if any it should be from someone with a successful track record. Someone who is known for turning things around.

^^ Then its no to any family members.

yeah Cissy never sold out Whitney like MJ's family did him

Consulting jobs won't work, because they want millions and such jobs will not give them that. The estate needs creative minds, legal minds, technological minds and I don't know which Jacksons fit into those categories. They were not part of Michael's business when he was alive.
I actually totally agree with you-I think I'm in an emotional state where I just want it all to stop, stop, stop. But even if the Estate did this, it still wouldn't put a stop to the greed and especially the jealousy that has been festering for over 40 years.
Back when Michael passed it seems like I saw Jermaine everywhere giving interviews at Neverland, telling anybody and everybody that Michael would want to be buried there-and I was in absolute agony, knowing full well why he was doing that. (another Graceland, future tourist attraction, future theme park, money making venture)

And then Katherine stepped in, said no, and they went with Forest Lawn-which was absolutely perfect. I was SO PROUD of her, because it was the first time, in my mind, that she had stood up for Michael since 1984. And then all of this stuff happened for the last two years-I'm not only disappointed in the family-I am just heartsick and want them all to wake up and realize what they're doing. And STOP IT.

I KNOW it is strange, but I think of Michael as my own child-always have-and I've always wanted to protect him.

Last edited:

barbee - I feel you. I am years younger than Michael but I have always felt very protective of him.

As to the matter at hand, I am chuffed to bits that this project has been derailed (at least for the time being).

Is there any other evidence that Michael's son's Instagram account is fake?

n1w382.jpg

you mean ''ruining'' MJ business

^^Stealing from Michael and the fans, I may add.

Oh I stand corrected. What was I thinking about forgetting that managerial wizard. I wonder if Randy was going to speak in the documentary, or if he is keeping a low profile.

They could still do a documentary with just family members talking without using the music and image and then sell it to the fans who were sweet enough to send in donations. We all know they already have that footage of the kids and Katherine talking and are itching to find a way to make money out of it.

Oh I stand corrected. What was I thinking about forgetting that managerial wizard. I wonder if Randy was going to speak in the documentary, or if he is keeping a low profile.

They could still do a documentary with just family members talking without using the music and image and then sell it to the fans who were sweet enough to send in donations. We all know they already have that footage of the kids and Katherine talking and are itching to find a way to make money out of it.

Managerial wizard :rofl:

They cannot do a document of just "family" members talking, because they have been talking last 4 and half years and there is nothing to say anymore. They sold themselves out. KJ is repeating same ol' stories, Jermaine can cry crocodile tears and tell how Michael would have wanted them to (insert her his latest scam) and others shaking their head in agreement, and then they can put kids on it and make them tell lies (like Paris telling that MJ wanted to teach her Moonwalk but never did).

I wonder when they are going to get the message that MJ fans are not interested investing their scams, but we'll see what is going to come out :bugeyed

Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2526157/Jackson.html

Am I the only one who feels a bit odd seeing Paris Jackson and Gladys Knight both being in this, after what Gladys has said before?
In any case, it looks like a very enjoyable film. Having said that....

*Claire Dunphy voice* "Really, Katherine? Really?"

Alllllright, I realize that we don't have the full story, and I don't want to make assumptions, so here's what needs to happen. I WANT ANSWERS. How much exactly do you need for licensing? I need figures! What about your and the grandchildren's monthly allowance? Last I heard, that was in the tens of thousands of dollars. Is it being withheld? If not, then how much are you currently getting each month, and how much are you allocating to HELP pay for the project, since you say you can't afford to pay for it outright? And what about all these relatives of yours...including your daughter Janet, who is married to a billionaire? I've even heard that she's a billionaire in her own right. Aren't she and her husband together with other family members collectively able to spare enough to make this happen? Oh, and getting to keep the money even if the film isn't made? *laughs dryly* I'm presenting two options here: A, prove to us that you are somehow poor enough to need our personal charity. (Please tell me that's costume jewelry you're wearing in that video!)
Or, B, remove that Goddarned clause and replace it with a one guaranteeing a full refund if the film isn't made, and maybe I'll overlook the fact that you ever had the gall to even suggest something like that.

I'm gonna say this right now. I've never perceived you as this greedy, evil old woman, Katherine. My impression has been that you are extremely weak, and very easy to manipulate. That's remains my impression of you, but guess what? I'm getting pretty darn fed up with you! You've ticked me off enough in the way you've handled Michael's children, and you are continuing to tick me off! If your relatives are pushing you to do this so they can get money through you, then get a Goddarned backbone. Is the Estate is jacking you guys over and not giving you your fair dues? If so....well, I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure you guys still have much more money and a much better standard of living than most of the people you're asking for charity! I seriously doubt you are remotely poor enough for it to be reasonable for you to ask us to make up for whatever the Estate might be failing to pay you.

Oh, one more thing....what Joe said about Blanket. Don't...you...dare. DO NOT put that kind of pressure on that boy!!!!!!!!!! The boy is his own person, not a Michael Jackson clone. If he becomes a singer or dancer, people are automatically going to compare him to his father. That will be way too much pressure as is. There is no need for you to increase that pressure, and you have no business doing so anyway! If he wants to sing and dance, fine. But do not try to make or encourage him to be someone else. Just let him use whatever talents God has blessed him with to the best of his abilities. Capisce?

Argh! Accidentally made a duplicate post, and can't find the "delete post" option anywhere. (Which is why I'm writing this as a filler, since I can only edit my post.) What's going on...?

Last edited:

funding to make the doc or funding to get public release?? Making a documentary can literally be super cheap and come out well, and it looks like it's already been worked on.. They don't have to make money off of everything, only the fan community will watch this anyway!! I'd say post online or if you want to make money sell to a TV station and it will give it publicity that way!!

Fans don't need to fund this!!

Prince Jackson Verified account
?@princemjjjaxon
This is for anyone who doesn't know I don't have an Instagram even the one that's linked to this twitter it's not mine I only have this

https://twitter.com/princemjjjaxon/status/416781316743376896

2929wmq.jpg

So that's settled.

Ahsoka Jackson;3942960 said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2526157/Jackson.html

Am I the only one who feels a bit odd seeing Paris Jackson and Gladys Knight both being in this, after what Gladys has said before?
In any case, it looks like a very enjoyable film. Having said that....

*Claire Dunphy voice* "Really, Katherine? Really?"

Alllllright, I realize that we don't have the full story, and I don't want to make assumptions, so here's what needs to happen. I WANT ANSWERS. How much exactly do you need for licensing? I need figures! What about your and the grandchildren's monthly allowance? Last I heard, that was in the tens of thousands of dollars. Is it being withheld? If not, then how much are you currently getting each month, and how much are you allocating to HELP pay for the project, since you say you can't afford to pay for it outright? And what about all these relatives of yours...including your daughter Janet, who is married to a billionaire? I've even heard that she's a billionaire in her own right. Aren't she and her husband together with other family members collectively able to spare enough to make this happen? Oh, and getting to keep the money even if the film isn't made? *laughs dryly* I'm presenting two options here: A, prove to us that you are somehow poor enough to need our personal charity. (Please tell me that's costume jewelry you're wearing in that video!)
Or, B, remove that Goddarned clause and replace it with a one guaranteeing a full refund if the film isn't made, and maybe I'll overlook the fact that you ever had the gall to even suggest something like that.

I'm gonna say this right now. I've never perceived you as this greedy, evil old woman, Katherine. My impression has been that you are extremely weak, and very easy to manipulate. That's remains my impression of you, but guess what? I'm getting pretty darn fed up with you! You've ticked me off enough in the way you've handled Michael's children, and you are continuing to tick me off! If your relatives are pushing you to do this so they can get money through you, then get a Goddarned backbone. Is the Estate is jacking you guys over and not giving you your fair dues? If so....well, I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure you guys still have much more money and a much better standard of living than most of the people you're asking for charity! I seriously doubt you are remotely poor enough for it to be reasonable for you to ask us to make up for whatever the Estate might be failing to pay you.

Oh, one more thing....what Joe said about Blanket. Don't...you...dare. DO NOT put that kind of pressure on that boy!!!!!!!!!! The boy is his own person, not a Michael Jackson clone. If he becomes a singer or dancer, people are automatically going to compare him to his father. That will be way too much pressure as is. There is no need for you to increase that pressure, and you have no business doing so anyway! If he wants to sing and dance, fine. But do not try to make or encourage him to be someone else. Just let him use whatever talents God has blessed him with to the best of his abilities. Capisce?

The fact that Joe’s comments about Blanket being the “next Michael Jackson, he just needs training” is really scary because they chose to put this remark in the trailer! A trailer for a film usually has what you consider to be the best parts. So someone not only filmed Joe, not only put Joe’s comments in the film, but then PICKED the comments to go in a trailer to get “the fans” to pay for it.

Back when the J5 first became famous “the fans” were kids who chased after the boys wherever they went. Each fan may have had a favorite boy, but basically were “the fans” of the group. That all changed when Michael’s solo career took off in the late 70’s early 80’s. Some J5 fans became MJ fans, some new MJ fans were created, and a some remained fans of the family and MJ.

I don’t think that K and Joe realize who “the fans” are now. They are MJ fans and most MJ fans are dedicated to MJ, his legacy and his children. That’s all.

Just the fact that they allowed Joe to say out loud that he wants to get his hands on Blanket is enough to make any MJ fan rise up in protest. No MJ Fans will ever support an “MJ Tribute” of any kind that includes Joe and his plans for Blanket. This message needs to get to K and the Jacksons.

sfosteredi;3943747 said:
Just the fact that they allowed Joe to say out loud that he wants to get his hands on Blanket is enough to make any MJ fan rise up in protest. No MJ Fans will ever support an “MJ Tribute” of any kind that includes Joe and his plans for Blanket. This message needs to get to K and the Jacksons.

Joe just can keep training his other kids (Jermaine, Randy, Tito..... and finish with them before he takes other kids under his "wings".

I found it interesting that they know Joe is not MJ's fanbase favourite person, and he cannot sell any stuff in his own name or MJ's name because he is so much hated. Why the heck they chose Joe for this documentary to say anything is beyond my understanding? Is KJ preparing Blanket the same way she did with Michael?

Prince Jackson Verified account
?@princemjjjaxon
This is for anyone who doesn't know I don't have an Instagram even the one that's linked to this twitter it's not mine I only have this

https://twitter.com/princemjjjaxon/status/416781316743376896

2929wmq.jpg

So that's settled.

This is just bonkers! So some sort of "family" fan pretends to be Prince and posts under his name that granny is no behind this documentary :*****:

Seriously!! If this is what those fans do, it is totally scary thought what else they are capable of doing.

Katherine Jackson Where's The Money You Solicited From MJ Fans?
1/2/2014 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Katherine Jackson has pulled the plug on her campaign to solicit money from Michael Jackson fans to pay for an MJ documentary ...TMZ has learned. The question -- Where did the money go?

TMZ broke the story last week ... Katherine -- along with Paris, Blanket and Prince -- made an online plea to Michael's fans to contribute money so she could license songs and images from the MJ Estate for a documentary she wanted to make.

We made it clear in our story ... the whole thing wreaked of a scam, because the Estate was never contacted about licensing anything for Katherine's documentary and based on what we know ... there's no chance in the world the Estate would sign off on the project for any amount of money.

And here's what's really suspicious. The website Katherine used allows her to keep the funds if the project is never made ... money contributed by MJ fans.

So almost immediately after we posted our story ... Katherine and/or her people pulled the plug on the project.

A source close to Katherine tells TMZ ... he's been told every cent of the money raised was refunded and Katherine got nothing ... but we can't confirm it.

Katherine's lawyer, Perry Sanders, tells TMZ Katherine wants to do a documentary and she "fully anticipates the executors will see the artistic honesty of this project and help make [it] successful." She shouldn't hold her breath.

Here's the deal ... Katherine Jackson is fundamentally a good woman with good intentions, but it's apparent she is often manipulated by people with bad intentions and that's what happened here.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2pFXKyw00

Paypal pictures on the link

EXCLUSIVE: Katherine Jackson issuing refunds for 'Remembering Michael' documentary
Michael Jackson's mother put a stop to the crowdsourcing drive to fund the documentary film after fans 'felt it was misguided,' producer Kirk Schenck told The News. Funds will now be sought from overseas investors.

Comments (5)
BY NANCY DILLON / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

THURSDAY, JANUARY 2, 2014, 7:27 PM

Print
SHARE THIS URL:

Katherine Jackson, mother of late singer Michael Jackson, will refund crowdsourced funding for documentary film, ‘Remembering Michael.’ She will look for funds overseas and not from fans.
GUS RUELAS/REUTERS

Katherine Jackson, mother of late singer Michael Jackson, will refund crowdsourced funding for documentary film, ‘Remembering Michael.’ She will look for funds overseas and not from fans.

RELATED STORIES
Katherine Jackson wants another shot at AEG lawsuit; gives ‘notice of intent’ for new trial
Conrad Murray, convicted of killing Michael Jackson, may testify in $30 million lawsuit accusing King of Pop of child molestation
Michael Jackson estate sends cease and desist letter ordering Conrad Murray to stop discussing King of Pop
Two children hurt when winds topple wall outside bargain store in Bedford-Stuyvesant