Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they never get their hands on those confidential autoposy slides/x-rays. Randy no doubt, will release it to the media for a quick buck if all else fails...

'I don't understand this request at all. Or the fact they even thought they could have access to it. They already have access to the autopsy report and what the findings are. Why would they need Michael's X-rays or autopsy slides for. What do they possibly hope to find or show with that information to come against AEG... It's mind boggling. I'm sorry but due to the other leaks and their reputation to sell MJ down the river if it's profitable, I do not trust the Jackson family to have this very personal information about Michael. I'm glad the estate is protecting it. I believe they will have to get a court order stating what they hope to prove with this, that they cant prove with the autopsy report they already have access to. The Estate is not going to turn it over hap hazardly if at all without a fight.

Re: Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date delayed to April 2, 2013

I don't know what they are trying to achieve with this specific stuff. What amazes me is how late they are to request such information. Not much left for their response to summary judgment and only 2 months left to the trial start. why this late?

I thought they ordered a second autopsy from private/independent "company"?

I would have thought they should have done this request very early on the case and well as summoned Murray, but both were left until very late?

I makes sense that perhaps they were expecting settlement and when it didn't happen, they started working on this case.

Bubs;3768859 said:
I don't believe what they say about them being close. I rely on what Michael did, not what he said. Actions speak louder than words. Have we ever heard that when MJ was in need for place to stay, he went to any family member? No.
He and his kids stays 4 months with Cascio's cramped house, rather than go to any of his siblings.
He went anywhere and any place other than his own family, and that to me speaks louder than any words.

I think Michael loved the persons they were when they grew up together but he didn´t love the persons they became later.
If he kept a distance to them he didn´t have to be reminded of how greedy they had become.

This is absolutely an interesting request. I mean I can understand autopsy photos & x-rays to a degree but pathology slides?

Pathology slides are the tissue pieces that the coroner took from Michael's organs so why would anyone want them unless they plan to somehow test those?

'I don't understand this request at all. Or the fact they even thought they could have access to it. They already have access to the autopsy report and what the findings are. Why would they need Michael's X-rays or autopsy slides for. What do they possibly hope to find or show with that information to come against AEG... It's mind boggling. I'm sorry but due to the other leaks and their reputation to sell MJ down the river if it's profitable, I do not trust the Jackson family to have this very personal information about Michael. I'm glad the estate is protecting it. I believe they will have to get a court order stating what they hope to prove with this, that they cant prove with the autopsy report they already have access to. The Estate is not going to turn it over hap hazardly if at all without a fight.

I totally understand what you're saying. And I absolutely agree with you. Personally, I think this could be part of the Jacksons' plan to get Murray to testify and also I think they want to show these things in court and then say "This is what AEG caused by not supervising Murray". I would not be surprised if they leak this information either.

Last edited:
This is absolutely an interesting request. I mean I can understand autopsy photos & x-rays to a degree but pathology slides?

Pathology slides are the tissue pieces that the coroner took from Michael's organs so why would anyone want them unless they plan to somehow test those?

I don't want to believe what is in my head as to what the Jackson want to do with that request, but my question is this; If in the criminal trial those slides weren't presented, why would they need it on a civil trial where AEG is acussed of not looking after Michael's well being? What the autopsy & those slides have to do with AEG?

no at the criminal trial, Murray's lawyers had access to the autopsy results, pictures (small watermarked pictures) and they only wanted to retest a propofol bottle and a tubing. Pathology slides wasn't an issue during the criminal trial. So to me that's the most confusing part.

no at the criminal trial, Murray's lawyers had access to the autopsy results, pictures (small watermarked pictures) and they only wanted to retest a propofol bottle and a tubing. Pathology slides wasn't an issue during the criminal trial. So to me that's the most confusing part.

I also can't see how they would want to convice anyone that substances in such slide are still that reliable - years later?
We're not talking archeology here were such hypothesis would be allowable - but a trial. It wouldn't take 5 sentences from AEG's attorneys to seed considerable doubt in anyone about the reliability of such slides that are tested years after the fact.

Sounds like something we've heard before - 'fishing expedition'.

i guess randy could leak the docs for a few bucks if all else fails like with the emails

Oh I was going to say the same thing. If they get their hands on those photos, we will have everything in the media with a story attached to it about Michael's Medical Problems. Then the judge would claim it could come from either side like the e-mail case.

Are the slides & photos going to show how negligent AEG was? Maybe they are going to say, "look how bad his health is, and you caused it." However, how can they determine who caused what, and his health was good for his age? I have a feeling this request will be denied, unless further cause is given.

Ivy i don't know how they could even think a settlement would be possible when AEG have been saying NO WAY since day 1. Maybe the e-mails was a ploy to force a settlement. Now let's see if something leaks before April in an attempt to force a settlement.
Also, these attorney's should know there is a law that protects the deceased remains.

Last edited:

Ivy i don't know how they could even think a settlement would be possible when AEG have been saying NO WAY since day 1. Maybe the e-mails was a ploy to force a settlement.

Bingo :)

Normally a settlement is quite realistic. Most of the lawyers recommend settlement because you have control over the outcome (in a jury trial you can never predict the outcome), it's private, quick and most of the times a lot cheaper. I'm thinking they believed that a lawsuit coming from the poor old mother and orphan children of Michael would create a pressure. this was continued with some fans / Jackson family supporters blaming AEG with mistreating Katherine Jackson and then the leak of emails was another thing to force them.

As far as I can see AEG is really preparing for this lawsuit seriously, completing their depositions by October. Katherine's lawyers have started their preparing late November and even doing most of their depositions and document requests in January. It seems like a last minute prep to me.

BTW - although I think a settlement is unlikely, just never say never, remember for example Estate has done several settlements just before the trial was about to start. So this is not over till the last minute. Especially the judge's ruling on summary judgment will have a lot of impact in this lawsuit.

I just have the feeling that AEG will stand firm and not give in to a settlement. Time will tell.

I was thinking if Jackson's are looking into proving that Michael was stark raving drug addict as they have stated previously and they think AEG should have seen it?
Is it possible to see from those pathology slides if there is some sort of damage caused by certain drug use?

and no, I don't believe Michael was drug addict.

X-rays are different thing thou, I don't know what to think about that request.
Are they looking into if AEG honchos broke some Michael's bones in order to get him perform?

Last edited:

Bingo :)

Normally a settlement is quite realistic. Most of the lawyers recommend settlement because you have control over the outcome (in a jury trial you can never predict the outcome), it's private, quick and most of the times a lot cheaper. I'm thinking they believed that a lawsuit coming from the poor old mother and orphan children of Michael would create a pressure. this was continued with some fans / Jackson family supporters blaming AEG with mistreating Katherine Jackson and then the leak of emails was another thing to force them.

I would have thought the leak of the emails just made aeg more mad - all the negative media about it was directed at mj and all the emails exposed of randy phillips was his unpleasant character, not that he was doing anything illegal. One outcome however of the emails, or at least something that came soon after, was the dropping of aeg from the estate/lloyds case. Howard mann actually was trying to leak the emails to lloyds wasn't he. My feeling about the emails leaking was that it was the jackson's attempt to sabotage the estate/lloyds lawsuit - those emails could be seen as damaging to that lawsuit.

One outcome however of the emails, or at least something that came soon after, was the dropping of aeg from the estate/lloyds case. Howard mann actually was trying to leak the emails to lloyds wasn't he. My feeling about the emails leaking was that it was the jackson's attempt to sabotage the estate/lloyds lawsuit - those emails could be seen as damaging to that lawsuit.

I don't think the emails had any effect on AEG - Lloyds lawsuit. AEG had already replied to Lloyd's questions as they didn't have any recoverable loss (as Estate paid their losses) and Lloyds have already asked the court to dismiss AEG's claims for insurance payment. AEG did not file any opposition for the dismissal request. So leak or no leak AEG would have been removed from the Lloyds lawsuit by a judge.

Are they looking into if AEG honchos broke some Michael's bones in order to get him perform?

How the heck would that even be possible?

1/28/2013 Notice of Continuance (OF HEARING DATE ON THIRD PARTY THE ESTATE OF MICHAEL JACKSON'S MOTION TO SEAL DOCUMENTS FILED CONDITIONALLY UNDER SEAL )
Filed by Attorney for Real Pty in Interest

I believe this is from Weitzman, rep for the estate.

I do you know what is this:
01/24/2013 Response (county of los angeles department of coroner's response to pltffs deposition subpoena for production of business records )
Filed by Attorney for Real Pty in Int

Subpoena for production of business records?
Is that what coroner replied for K &Co, but what the hell is business records got to do with coroner?

Last edited:
I mentioned them both.

Estate's request was to seal Michael's medical records - currently it's redacted and conditionally under seal. They want the judge to seal it for good. That filing is just to move the hearing from February 13 to February 25.

Coroner's response to production of business records is the opposition document about the x-rays and the pathology slides - which happen to be classified as business records of the Coroner's office. (they do autopsy and anything about the autopsy is a business record for them)

Ok, thanks Ivy.
The term business record didn't sound very nice when talking about pathology slides and x-rays.

Keeping my thumbs up that judge will seal them for good.

I don't think the emails had any effect on AEG - Lloyds lawsuit.

But what about the estate-lloyds lawsuit? I just can't see how the jacksons saw these aeg emails as being so devastating to aeg that it wd force a settlement, it just showed one of its employees being a jerk, but it was pretty damaging to the lloyd's case. Even perry sanders admitted as much at that leak hearing and rather disingenuously gave it as reason why he wouldn't have been behind the leak. Why, he claimed, would they sabotage a case where $17m was at stake for the beneficiaries to mj's estate, whereas we know that mrs j wouldn't be getting her hands on that $17m, and the estate is seen as the enemy.

Apart from the obvious issues, there seems to be massive resentment from the family against the estate for not joining with mrs j on this wrongful deathsuit. I imagine it's an anomoly that the beneficiaries of mj's estate is launching this massive lawsuit but the estate who represents the deceased has come out publically against it. It's another huge red flag to the jury if it goes to court that there's major problems with the case.

Last edited:
But what about the estate-lloyds lawsuit? I just can't see how the jacksons saw these aeg emails as being so devastating to aeg that it wd force a settlement, it just showed one of its employees being a jerk, but it was pretty damaging to the lloyd's case. Even perry sanders admitted as much at that leak hearing and rather disingenuously gave it as reason why he wouldn't have been behind the leak. Why, he claimed, would they sabotage a case where $17m was at stake for the beneficiaries to mj's estate, whereas we know that mrs j wouldn't be getting her hands on that $17m, and the estate is seen as the enemy.

It was AEG & MJ Estate against Lloyds. Normally as Estate is to get the $17 M from Lloyds if they win it, you wouldn't expect them to be against it but you never know with Jacksons and Mann. Like you said I wouldn't put it behind Mann who was angry that he was about to lose his case to Estate to go out and try to sabotage their Lloyds lawsuit.

02/05/2013 Ex-Parte Application (PERMITTING COPYING LA COUNTY DEPT OF CORONER'S XRAY AND SLIDES )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

02/05/2013 Order (GRANTING EX PARTE PERMITTING COPYING OF LA COUNTY DEPT OF CORONER'S XRAYS AND SLIDES )

01/30/2013 Response (pltffs omnibus response to defdts threemotions to seal portions of the record filed in connecction with ptlffs opposition and surreply to defdts motions for sanctions etc)

Ivy, do you know if judge granted K & Co request?
Also what does the 01/30/2013 thingy means, especially the bolded part?

Future Hearings
02/13/2013 at 08:47 am in department 28 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion (TO SEAL (5)MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT)

Do you know what these means or are?

02/05/2013 Ex-Parte Application (PERMITTING COPYING LA COUNTY DEPT OF CORONER'S XRAY AND SLIDES )

02/05/2013 Order (GRANTING EX PARTE PERMITTING COPYING OF LA COUNTY DEPT OF CORONER'S XRAYS AND SLIDES )

well this one is about Katherine's side is making an ex-parte request (AEG isn't involved) for a court order to get Coroner give them copies of x-ray and pathology slides. I'm not sure if the judge actually granted it or if they filed a sample order as common practice. Those documents aren't available yet. We'll know it for sure when they are posted online in a day or two.

01/30/2013 Response (pltffs omnibus response to defdts threemotions to seal portions of the record filed in connecction with ptlffs opposition and surreply to defdts motions for sanctions etc)

AEG had asked the judge to seal their motion about the email leak so that the public won't be able to see the full leaked emails attached to the filing . This is about that. Katherine's lawyers are saying they have no position in that regard - they don't care if the judge seals or do not seal them.

Ivy, do you know if judge granted K & Co request?

As I said I would prefer to see the documents first to say what's going on. Give me a day or two , I'll let you know as soon as they post the documents online.

Also what does the 01/30/2013 thingy means, especially the bolded part?

as I said it's about sealing the email leak documents.

Future Hearings
02/13/2013 at 08:47 am in department 28 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion (TO SEAL (5)MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT)

This is about to seal summary judgment. IF you check the file you will see that medical information is redacted and all the medical information attachments were filed conditionally under seal and Estate has also made a request to seal them. It's about that.

In short there are 2 motion to seal permanently requests going on - one is about Michael's medical information and the leaked AEG emails. Both of those are under conditional / temporary seal and they want to make it permanent. Hearings and judge decisions about that will happen soon.

The other thing is Katherine's lawyers is asking court to order the Coroner to give them copies of x-rays and pathology slides.

As for what judge decided on that matter, I'll wait for a few days to see the documents before saying anything for certain.

ps: I'm acting "better safe than wrong" but it seems the judge granted the request but however let's still wait to see the documents to see what they exactly wanted and what did the judge exactly allowed.

Thanks very much Ivy.

I feel stupid to ask this :blush:
"This is about to seal summary judgment. IF you check the file you will see that medical information is redacted and all the medical information attachments were filed conditionally under seal and Estate has also made a request to seal them. It's about that."

What file and where can I check it?

Thanks very much Ivy.

I feel stupid to ask this :blush:
"This is about to seal summary judgment. IF you check the file you will see that medical information is redacted and all the medical information attachments were filed conditionally under seal and Estate has also made a request to seal them. It's about that."

What file and where can I check it?

I was talking about the summary judgment motion filed by AEG. It's in the news section and I had posted the file as well. If you look to it you will see that the parts that are referred to Michael's medical stuff is redacted - it's like white out. The accompanying the medical records and/or depositions were conditionally under seal.

thread here - http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...n-asking-to-dismiss-Katherine-Jackson-lawsuit

document here - http://www.scribd.com/doc/115405475/AEG-Summary-Judgment-Motion

for example check page 16, you can see the white blocks of redacted text. Similarly all that referred exhibits such as ex.2 and ex. 17 etc are now under conditional seal.

If the judge grants Katherine's request, can the judge order the attorneys or doctors to view the slides in a secured place without taking the slides to their offices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back