Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

I think some people are deciding prematurely without seeing what evidence they have. It shouldn't be about blocking out facts simply because you are afraid of how it affects image or if it proves that a Jackson you don't like has been telling the truth all along.

Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

Why can't this family hire some smart lawyers to do the job? When was Katherine Jackson made guardian ad litem for the kids? In all financial matters, Margaret G. Lodise represent the children. I hope the media get a hold of her.

I believe she's only their guardian ad litem on the estate related stuff. This is the statement from her firm:

PARTNER MARGARET LODISE
APPOINTED GUARDIAN AD LITEM FOR MICHAEL JACKSON’S CHILDREN

--Ms. Lodise chosen to protect minors’ interests in the estate proceedings--

LOS ANGELES, CA – Partner Margaret Lodise was selected by Superior Court Judge, Mitchell Beckloff, as Guardian ad Litem of Michael Jackson’s children - "Prince" Michael, Paris, and Prince "Blanket” - to represent their financial interests in all matters relating to their father’s estate.

:thinking:

Well, as has been said, the contract between AEG/Murray/Michael was not signed (where's the contract signed by Michael, AEG and Murray?), so this process is valid? :scratch:

according to this lawsuit there's a written agreement signed on May 8th. June 24th (the unsigned one) was a revised agreement.

And the story that Michael and Murray met when one of a child were sick? So I can say that before the negotiations of concerts with AEG, Michael and Murray already knew each other? :unsure:

I'm very, very, very confused. :scratch:

believe me we are all confused. and you are absolutely right whether Michael knew Murray before and asked/ wanted to hire him or did AEG chose and hired him will be an important part of this lawsuit.

Murray's contract being with AEG or being paid / fired by them might not mean much if all the staff were being hired and paid by AEG and not Michael. Weren't Karen Faye etc had contracts with AEG and not Michael (or his company)?

so the question is Did AEG hired whomever Michael wanted or Did they hired whomever they wanted without Michael's knowing and/or approval?

Last edited:

I used to think that the involuntary manslaughter case was a no-brainer in terms of prosecuting; however, with all these civil suits, I think that the water is going to be so muddied in terms of what shape Michael was in to begin with that there is now a big whole that will only get bigger by the time of the criminal trial. By the time this is finished, we will probably have Murray being portrayed as the lone person trying to save Michael and he just was a doctor put in a bad situation. It is already a tough battle to get juries to criminally convict doctors; I now think that all of this is just going to help in Murray's favor. If any family member felt that lawsuits were in order, so be it. But, why before the criminal trial? Why push the Michael Jackson out of control and drugged out picture prior to a criminal trial where the prosecutor must go in and convince the jury that the overwhelming burden was on the doctor?

Based on these accounts from Joe Jackson's suit and now this one, Michael wasn't in control of anything; Michael couldn't even refuse what goes into his body; Michael didn't know how to read or negotiate contracts that would be in his favor; and the list goes on. I would think that since L. Richie was around Michael that Fathers' Day weekend, then he can testify that Michael was in no shape to perform also.

Lionel Richie can't testify about anything, because he condemned himself with a video showing him eager to see Michael Jackson perform, before his death. one that contradicts an interview portraying Michael as a drug addict.

it's clear that nobody has any clear idea what's going on here. and are in no better shape than all the speculation going on in the conspiracy section. still..there's something fishy about a 'contract' that goes from ten, to fifty shows to three years, etc. etc. i don't like Randy Phillips.

according to this lawsuit there's a written agreement signed on May 8th. June 24th (the unsigned one) was a revised copy. .
But the agreement signed on May 8 (Was this agreement that was found in Murray's car?) never leaked out, huh? I do not remember seeing it. As for the contract (AEG/Murray/Michael).... if exist, has never leaked too. :unsure:

believe me we are all confused. and you are absolutely right whether Michael knew Murray before and asked/ wanted to hire him or did AEG chose and hired him will be an important part of this lawsuit.
Well, then it means we have to wait for the response of AEG. For sure we'll be even more confused. :doh:

Murray's contract being with AEG or being paid / fired by them might not mean much if all the staff were being hired and paid by AEG and not Michael. Weren't Karen Faye etc had contracts with AEG and not Michael (or his company)?

so the question is Did AEG hired whomever Michael wanted or Did they hired whomever they wanted without Michael's knowing and/or approval?
Is this true? I do not knew. :scratch:

Ivy, thanks for your answers. :)

Last edited:

MJ's bodyguards just posted this on facebook:

"Don't underestimate MJs kids, they are very wise and very intelligent. They are going to be dealing with their fathers matters for the rest of their lives. Prince can handle it."

I will be praying for all three of them.. love them so much.

Documents for Katherine and MJ's kids suing AEG

http://www.radaronline.com/sites/radaronline.com/files/Katherine%20Jackson%20vs%20AEG.pdf

will be back to comment on it

Thank you.

This will be a wild ride for sure. Honestly I didn't see this lawsuit coming, we'll wait and see what AEG will respond and what the outcome will be.

I believe the main point will come to
- Did AEG chose Murray or did Michael chose him
- the signed vs not signed contract argument
- were the equipments requested and covered time in USA or was only for UK.

One point is particularly interesting. This lawsuit claims that AEG chose and hired Murray. However Oxman's wrongful death lawsuit and the autopsy report lists prescription by Murray to Michael going back to December 2008. Isn't this before AEG This is It deal?

I think that's kind of exaggeration - that they would get the catalog. Didn't they give Michael around $30M in advances and had $30M production costs? Sony/ATV catalog reportedly brings Michael around $70M yearly income. Even if they sued and won , they could have simply got yearly profits of the catalog - not the catalog itself.

Plus it's not specifically the catalog , its all his assets. I'm sure that he had other more liquid assets (such as houses, property etc) and then a hard to sell and heavily financed catalog.

Yes @the bolded part. At least before the paperwork was drawn up in January 2009. Murray was already treating Michael prior to him being under contract with AEG.

There's a few problems with this suit, same as the Joe one, which is pretty much identical. But Team Jackson will find that out soon enough if they don't know already but have chosen to proceed anyway.

I read the suit and came here to ask the following...but I see someone else has already asked. Perhaps I my pdf didn't download the entire complaint or something?

Well, as has been said, the contract between AEG/Murray/Michael was not signed (where's the contract signed by Michael, AEG and Murray?), so this process is valid? The judge will not need to read/see this contract? :scratch:

And the story that Michael and Murray met when one of a child were sick? So I can say that before the negotiations of concerts with AEG, Michael and Murray already knew each other? :unsure:

I'm very, very, very confused. :scratch:

@the bolded part. There's nothing in the suit that most of us haven't been hearing for a year. What I'm interested in NOW is the proof. Where's the paperwork submitted with the complaint? The exhibits? The agreement between Murray and AEG? The back and forth agreements with AEG and Murray? Where are the emails, correspondences, faxes, etc. that support the statements in the complaint? Would be nice to see them in their entirety to see if, in fact, what's stated is what the documents actually portray or if someone is giving their interpretation of said documents.

We went thru this with the AGE lawsuit and saw how that turned out. There's so much testimony mentioned in this complaint, yet no names attributed to witnesses or affidavits to support such (i.e. Karen Faye mentioning Michael being cold, etc...) Why isn't that statement attributed to her and an affidavit confirming such attached to the complaint? *confused* Same for all the other "facts"

Should someone acquire a link to the exhibits that accompanied (or should have accompanied) the complaint, please post. Should be interesting to see these items, once and for all. :)

Until I SEE these exhibits/affidavits, I've not much to add to the discussion except to say if the family can PROVE any of this (meaning undisputable evidence), by all means, get AEG's ass. Otherwise (I shall hold my tongue and not say what I'm thinking).

Peace ya'll.

ETA: Gotta agree with Memefan here that this lawsuit, same as Joe's, was drawn up poorly....seemingly by either an incompetent lawyer or one who's trying to cover up a lack of something, imo. Lawsuits submitted like this are generally this way because they are lacking substance. I'm NOT a lawyer but have been in the legal field for over a decade and can tell you every document the attorneys I've worked with ALWAYS had their "i"'s dotted and their "t"'s crossed. If they made a statement in a complaint, it was backed up by a name/affidavit in support. If they made a claim about a specific document, that document was attached as an exhibit. Everytime I see these kinds of shoddy complaints making broad statements from attorneys (mostly those on suits against MJ) they were generally in poor form...and we all know why...and how most of them turned out in recent years.

When those exhibits show up, perhaps I'll change my mind about the person who signed his name on the dotted line of this complaint.

Last edited:

Murray was Michael's doctor they have records saying he treated Michael back in 2006 and there are pills found in Michael's house from Murray that are dated 12/22/08 so it was hell of a luck on there part to hire Murray who just so happened to be Michael's doctor. And you say you told Michael on June 18 to stop seeing Klein it was tough love well I guess it was not tough enough because he was at Klein's office two days before he died.

Justthefacts;2981093And you say you told Michael on June 18 to stop seeing Klein it was tough love well I guess it was not tough enough because he was at Klein's office two days before he died.[/QUOTE said:
I think even when ppl were telling michael to stop seeing kilen, i have a funny feeling kilen knew that and was pressuring michael on still seeing him.

Money.
Money...
Lie for it
Spy for it
Kill for it
Die for it
So you call it trust
But I say it's just
In the devil's game
Of greed and lust
They don't care
They'd do me for the money
They don't care
They use me for the money
So you go to church
Read the Holy word
In the scheme of life
It's all absurd
They don't care
They'd kill for the money
Do or dare
The thrill for the money
You're saluting the flag
Your country trusts you
Now you're wearing a badge
You're called the "Just Few"
And you're fighting the wars
A soldier must do
I'll never betray or deceive you my friend but...
If you show me the cash
Then I will take it
If you tell me to cry
Then I will fake it
If you give me a hand
Then I will shake it
You'll do anything for money...
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Even sell my soul to the devil
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Insurance?
Where do your loyalties lie?
Is that your alibi?
I don't think so
You don't care
You'd do her for the money
Say it's fair
You sue her for the money
Want your pot of gold
Need the Midas touch
Bet you sell your soul
Cuz your God is such
You don't care
You kill for the money
Do or dareThe thrill for the money
Are you infected with the same disease
Of lust, gluttoney and greed?
Then watch the ones
With the biggest smiles
The idle jabbers...Cuz they're the backstabbers
If you know it's a lie
Then you will swear it
If you give it with guilt
Then you will bear it
If it's taking a chance
Then you will dare it
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
You say you wouldn't do it
For all the money in the world
I don't think soIf you show me the man
Then I will sell him
If you ask me to lie
Then I will tell him
If you're dealing with God
Then you will hell him
You'll do anything for money
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you

Money.
Money...
Lie for it
Spy for it
Kill for it
Die for it
So you call it trust
But I say it's just
In the devil's game
Of greed and lust
They don't care
They'd do me for the money
They don't care
They use me for the money
So you go to church
Read the Holy word
In the scheme of life
It's all absurd
They don't care
They'd kill for the money
Do or dare
The thrill for the money
You're saluting the flag
Your country trusts you
Now you're wearing a badge
You're called the "Just Few"
And you're fighting the wars
A soldier must do
I'll never betray or deceive you my friend but...
If you show me the cash
Then I will take it
If you tell me to cry
Then I will fake it
If you give me a hand
Then I will shake it
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Insurance?
Where do your loyalties lie?
Is that your alibi?
I don't think so
You don't care
You'd do her for the money
Say it's fair
You sue her for the money
Want your pot of gold
Need the Midas touch
Bet you sell your soul
Cuz your God is such
You don't care
You kill for the money
Do or dareThe thrill for the money
Are you infected with the same disease
Of lust, gluttoney and greed?
Then watch the ones
With the biggest smiles
The idle jabbers...Cuz they're the backstabbers
If you know it's a lie
Then you will swear it
If you give it with guilt
Then you will bear it
If it's taking a chance
Then you will dare it
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
You say you wouldn't do it
For all the money in the world
I don't think soIf you show me the man
Then I will sell him
If you ask me to lie
Then I will tell him
If you're dealing with God
Then you will hell him
You'll do anything for money
Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you

Excatly!!!

@the bolded part. There's nothing in the suit that most of us haven't been hearing for a year. What I'm interested in NOW is the proof. Where's the paperwork submitted with the complaint? The exhibits? The agreement between Murray and AEG? The back and forth agreements with AEG and Murray? Where are the emails, correspondences, faxes, etc. that support the statements in the complaint? Would be nice to see them in their entirety to see if, in fact, what's stated is what the documents actually portray or if someone is giving their interpretation of said documents.

We went thru this with the AGE lawsuit and saw how that turned out. There's so much testimony mentioned in this complaint, yet no names attributed to witnesses or affidavits to support such (i.e. Karen Faye mentioning Michael being cold, etc...) Why isn't that statement attributed to her and an affidavit confirming such attached to the complaint? *confused* Same for all the other "facts"

Should someone acquire a link to the exhibits that accompanied (or should have accompanied) the complaint, please post. Should be interesting to see these items, once and for all. :)

Until I SEE these exhibits/affidavits, I've not much to add to the discussion except to say if the family can PROVE any of this (meaning undisputable evidence), by all means, get AEG's ass. Otherwise (I shall hold my tongue and not say what I'm thinking).

Peace ya'll.
You're absolutely right. I agree 1000% with you. I hope that all proofs credible and concrete appear. I'm tired of so much confusion in this story and each person saying a different thing. I still believe that the truth will appear. This all still is very, very, very confusing. :doh: :sigh:

:timer: >>>> Waiting for the truth... *big sigh*

One point is particularly interesting. This lawsuit claims that AEG chose and hired Murray. However Oxman's wrongful death lawsuit and the autopsy report lists prescription by Murray to Michael going back to December 2008. Isn't this before AEG This is It deal?

Yes @the bolded part. At least before the paperwork was drawn up in January 2009. Murray was already treating Michael prior to him being under contract with AEG.

There's a few problems with this suit, same as the Joe one, which is pretty much identical. But Team Jackson will find that out soon enough if they don't know already but have chosen to proceed anyway.

I actually went back to full wrongful death lawsuit filing by Joe/Oxman.

See http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0625_mjsuit.pdf

See Page 3 item 10

It states that Michael met Murray in 2006 in Las Vegas. Murray solicited to be Michael's personal physician and provided him services between 2006 and 2009.

I believe she's only their guardian ad litem on the estate related stuff. This is the statement from her firm:

PARTNER MARGARET LODISE
APPOINTED GUARDIAN AD LITEM FOR MICHAEL JACKSON’S CHILDREN

--Ms. Lodise chosen to protect minors’ interests in the estate proceedings--

LOS ANGELES, CA – Partner Margaret Lodise was selected by Superior Court Judge, Mitchell Beckloff, as Guardian ad Litem of Michael Jackson’s children - "Prince" Michael, Paris, and Prince "Blanket” - to represent their financial interests in all matters relating to their father’s estate.

She is their legal attorney in all financial matters...not just the estate. Katherine is DEFINITELY not their guardian ad litem...I think Randy provided the lawyer with incorrect info..or maybe he doesn't know the difference between a guardian ad litem and a guardian.

See Page 3 item 10

It states that Michael met Murray in 2006 in Las Vegas. Murray solicited to be Michael's personal physician and provided him services between 2006 and 2009.

I've lost all hope for Justice...because I realized everyone is in it for the money.

(I don't include MJ's 3 kids in this statement...they are obviously minors at the mercy of a greedy bunch)

Last edited:

God waiting for the truth is tearing me apart :(

If AEG was calling the shots like this lawsuit says then Michael did not listen he was still going to Klein. And stop taken the drugs Klein is given you lets look at what Klein gave Michael. Tizanidine a muscle relaxer given him on June 7 2009 and Zanaflex that he got on November 11 2008. And prednisone which to him in April 25 2009 and again in June 2009 that is an anti inflammatory medication, So in other words AEG said to Michael stop taken medicine for your muscle aches and you don't need no anti inflammatory medication we want you to be in pain we want you to be hurting when you do these shows. We want you at every show we want you at rehearsal all of the time and we are so mean about it we want you there in pain screw arthritis screw your lupus we want you in pain when you perform for us so we can make money.

See Page 3 item 10

I remember that Murray was supposed to have met MJ in late Dec. 2006. However, what they are trying to do in these lawsuits are make it seem like AEG just magically found this doctor to treat Michael...which is a misrepresentation of facts (at least, as we know it at this time since we've YET to know the name of the person who allegedly introduced Murray to MJ in late 2006). Like I said, there's a few problems with these wrongful death lawsuits. And if some of us can point them out based on what little we know, I'm sure Team Jackson already know as well since UNDOUBTEDLY they have more info available to them than we do. But I digress. I said I wasn't getting sucked into discussion about this til I see some paperwork. I know we've gone over this stuff months and months ago...many many times. All I wanna see now is the PAPERS. Show me the papers. Enough statements and accounts of what happened. Let's see the proof. Perhaps this complaint will bring us closer to the proof indicating the TRUTH, at last.

If AEG was calling the shots like this lawsuit says then Michael did not listen he was still going to Klein. And stop taken the drugs Klein is given you lets look at what Klein gave Michael. Tizanidine a muscle relaxer given him on June 7 2009 and Zanaflex that he got on November 11 2008. And prednisone which to him in April 25 2009 and again in June 2009 that is an anti inflammatory medication, So in other words AEG said to Michael stop taken medicine for your muscle aches and you don't need no anti inflammatory medication we want you to be in pain we want you to be hurting when you do these shows. We want you at every show we want you at rehearsal all of the time and we are so mean about it we want you there in pain screw arthritis screw your lupus we want you in pain when you perform for us so we can make money.

According to the lawsuit, AEG was complaining about the side affects of the medication that Klein gave saying that it made MJ too sleepy to perform. And AEG had the leverage with that contract to force MJ to do as he was threatened.

I remember that Murray was supposed to have met MJ in late Dec. 2006. However, what they are trying to do in these lawsuits are make it seem like AEG just magically found this doctor to treat Michael

:rant: Those :censored: :censored:

According to the lawsuit, AEG was complaining about the side affects of the medication that Klein gave saying that it made MJ too sleepy to perform. And AEG had the leverage with that contract to force MJ to do as he was threatened.

Muscle relaxers don't make you sleepy anti inflammatory meds does not make you sleepy. However the stuff Murray was given him you know who he is the guy who everyone has just forgotten about the stuff he was given makes Michael makes you sleepy

Big misconception. AEG did not have the leverage to force Michael to do anything other than put on a first rate performance on show nights. People are adding to things and that is not right and that is not helping to get at any truth. As long as Michael delivered on those show nights, he could have done whatever the H*ll he wanted to on his time as long as it did not negatively impact the shows.

I wonder if Katherine is just suing them strictly for their wrongdoing.

Because IF she is suing them for $$$, then that is not right. Something would be wrong about that. Michael wanted his mother and children to not have any problems at all.

IF, hypothetically speaking, she is suing them for money, then the owners of the estate have some speaking to do. Michael CLEARLY wanted to take care of his mother and children the best way he could.

What is strange is that the children were mentioned in the lawsuit suing them along with Katharine. That is VERY strange. Katharine wouldn't put Michael's children in legal mess like this. That doesn't even sound like something she would do.

We need to get to the bottom of what is REALLY going on.

What is strange is that the children were mentioned in the lawsuit suing them along with Katharine. That is VERY strange. Katharine wouldn't put Michael's children in legal mess like this. That doesn't even sound like something she would do. .

Yeh i just hope are getting involved cuz they want to, not cuz they feel pressured to. I know michael would not want his kids to be pressured.

Murray was Michael's doctor they have records saying he treated Michael back in 2006 and there are pills found in Michael's house from Murray that are dated 12/22/08 so it was hell of a luck on there part to hire Murray who just so happened to be Michael's doctor. And you say you told Michael on June 18 to stop seeing Klein it was tough love well I guess it was not tough enough because he was at Klein's office two days before he died.

Plus, the bodyguards said that the Doctor was first hired to take care of the children in Vegas. That's how the guards knew him. Katherine bringing these kids into a suit makes me ill. I hope this is not true.

It makes me even more sick knowing that thing of a "doctor" was taking care of mj kids...

Yeh i just hope are getting involved cuz they want to, not cuz they feel pressured to. I know michael would not want his kids to be pressured.

Katherine bringing these kids into a suit makes me ill. I hope this is not true.

I hope it isn't true either.

And why would Katherine even need the children to help her sue AEG? Unless she's been discussing things with them, and they agree with her.

But then, did the children even KNOW anything about their father and what his doctors were doing to him?

I hope Katherine isn't being pressured to incude the children, or manipulated to include them, to make it seem like "even the children knew what was going on with their dad".

Something is so strange about this lawsuit with the children.

And why would Katherine even need the children to help her sue AEG? Unless she's been discussing things with them, and they agree with her.

But then, did the children even KNOW anything about their father and what his doctors were doing to him?

I hope Katherine isn't being pressured to incude the children, or manipulated, in a way that it would seem like "even the children knew what was going on with their dad".

Maybe she asked what happened when they were ready to say something, and has finally decided to do something bout it.

What is strange is that the children were mentioned in the lawsuit suing them along with Katharine. That is VERY strange. Katharine wouldn't put Michael's children in legal mess like this. That doesn't even sound like something she would do.
Yes, very strange. And just is mentioned in the document the name of Paris and Prince II (Blanket).........

And....

- They are also stating emotional distress of Prince Michael.

Prince I? Remembering the fact that they say that Prince saw Murray trying to save Michael. (Prince I and not Prince II aka Blanket).

Well, I believe that emotional distress would be of 3 children and not just Prince. I did not see the name of the Prince I in the document or I'm going blind.

Or just was a confusion with names in the document? :doh:

Confusion! :unsure:

EDIT....

Michael Joseph Jackson Jr.???????????????? Who is this person? :lol:

OMG!!!!!!!!!! :big sigh*

Last edited:

Are you kidding?

Michael Jackson's mom sues production company AEG Live for son's death
By Alan Duke, CNN

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's mother filed a lawsuit Wednesday accusing AEG Live of causing her son's death by pushing him to rehearse for his comeback concerts despite poor health.

Katherine Jackson's suit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, claimed that the concert production company controlled Jackson's health because it hired and directed Dr. Conrad Murray.

Murray faces trial on an involuntary manslaughter charge for administering drugs to the pop star that the coroner ruled caused Jackson's death in June 25, 2009.

The suit claims that Murray was "selected by, hired by, and controlled by AEG," a worldwide concert promotion and production company.

Jackson signed a contract in January 2009 with AEG Live for a series of comeback concerts in London that would begin in July 2009.

"Indeed, AEG demanded and required that Michael Jackson be treated by this particular doctor to ensure that Michael Jackson would attend all rehearsals and shows on the tour," the suit said.

The lawsuit contends that the concert production company had a legal responsibility to "treat him safely and to not put him in harms' way."

"AEG, despite its knowledge of Michael Jackson's physical condition, breached those duties by putting its desire for massive profits from the tour over the health and safety of Michael Jackson," it said.

The company failed to provide Murray with cardio-pulmonary resuscitation equipment and a nurse as was promised in his employment contract, the suit said.

The autopsy report on Jackson's death noted the lack of medical equipment in the Los Angeles home where Murray administered a powerful anesthetic to help Jackson sleep during several nights before his death.

The lawsuit outlines the last week of Jackson's life, which it said included a visited to his home by AEG CEO Randy Phillips on June 18, 2009. Phillips went there to meet with Jackson and Murray after the singer failed to show up for a rehearsal, it said.

"AEG threatened that if Jackson missed any further rehearsals, they were going to 'pull the plug' on the show," it said. "AEG told Murray that he had to make sure Jackson got to rehearsals."

"They said it was to be 'tough love' and that they had read Jackson the 'riot act,'" the suit said.

When Jackson finally showed up for the rehearsal at 9:30 p.m., "he was visibly shaken," it said. "Witnesses present at that rehearsal confirm that Michael Jackson was not himself that day."

Later that evening, Murray administered a "cocktail of Valium, Ativan, Versed and Propofol in order to get him to sleep," the lawsuit said.

"Jackson was freezing cold" at a rehearsal two days before his death, the suit said. "His assistants had to give him several shirts to wear under his long heavy coat."

Jackson's shivering and disorientation continued the last day before his death, it said.

"AEG was well aware of his condition but did not postpone any rehearsals, nor did AEG relent in its demands that Jackson continue to maintain the grueling rehearsal schedule," the suit said. "Rather than react reasonably and relax the rehearsal schedule so Michael Jackson could recuperate from his physical problems, AEG insisted that he attend every rehearsal in a grueling schedule, threatening that if he missed even one more, they would cancel the tour."

His mother's lawsuit described Jackson in his last months as "confused, easily frightened, unable to remember, obsessive, and disoriented."

"He had impaired memory, loss of appetite, dehydration, and absence of energy," it said. "He was cold and shivering during the summer rehearsals for this show."

The company "should have known that it was jeopardizing Jackson's health and safety by assuming control over the doctor-patient relationship between Jackson and Murray, and by directing and influencing Murray to act without regard to medical safety standards," it said.

Joe Jackson, the pop star's father, is not a direct party to the lawsuit. He filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Murray this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back