Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

Prince is mentioned in the document by his actual legal name "Michael Joseph Jackson Jr".

At least including of Prince Michael is needed if they want to ask for damages in regards to emotional distress. and as he was called to the room he will most probably be a witness as well. ( also possible in the criminal trial)

I don't want to sound cold but in these kind of damages related civil suits minor children mean awarding of more damages then an adult plaintiff.

On the other hand I do not think that the children actively participates in the decision making related to the lawsuit.

Last edited:
Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

He signed the contract in March not January. And even if he did sign it in Janurary what was he doing meating with Murray in March with doctor David Adams?

Prince is mentioned in the document by his actual legal name "Michael Joseph Jackson Jr".

At least including of Prince Michael is needed if they want to ask for damages in regards to emotional distress. and as he was called to the room he will most probably be a witness as well.

I don't want to sound cold but in these kind of damages related civil suits minor children mean awarding of more damages then an adult plaintiff.

And this is why it is wrong why are they putting him through this

Actual legal name...... Michael Joseph Jackson Jr aka Prince I.....

Well, but that's not the name that is on the birth certificate or the name on the birth certificate is wrong? If he has a "legal name", why only him? Why Paris and Blanket not have too?

Seriously, that does not enter my head. :scratch:

Actual legal name...... Michael Joseph Jackson Jr aka Prince I.....

Well, but that's not the name that is on the birth certificate or the name on the birth certificate is wrong? If he has a "legal name", why only him? Why Paris and Blanket not have too?

Seriously, that does not enter my head. :scratch:

That's the name on his birth certificate. (http://www.etonline.com/documents/et_michaeljackson_certificates_090630.pdf)

also Paris and Blanket is included in the lawsuit as plaintiffs (and they are mentioned as Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson II).

There's a specific emotional distress claim and damages request for Prince (Michael Jr) as he was called into the room and seen his dad during resuscitation efforts.

Last edited:

Maybe she asked what happened when they were ready to say something, and has finally decided to do something bout it.

Katherine is suing on their behalf. Its reasonable and right to me. AEG caused the loss of their father.

No Katherine can't sue on the kids behalf. And Murray caused Michael's death not AEG

'The last time I saw Michael before he passed away was about a week and a half before he passed and um we had a really good time together…Those are my fond memories of him because I never looked at him after he passed…I wanted to remember him smiling and laughing and having a good time the last time I saw him.' These words are going to bite her on the butt

These words are going to bite her on the butt

Not necessarily. In the lawsuit they mention visible negative effects of Murray's AEG ordered treatment on June 18,19, 23 and 24th and during rehearsals. That's after the time frame that Katherine saw Michael. And she never said that she was at rehearsals.

That also shows that they will use testimonies/statement from people that worked on TII.

That's the name on his birth certificate. (http://www.etonline.com/documents/et_michaeljackson_certificates_090630.pdf)

also Paris and Blanket is included in the lawsuit as plaintiffs (and they are mentioned as Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson II).

There's a specific emotional distress claim and damages request for Prince (Michael Jr) as he was called into the room and seen his dad during resuscitation efforts.
:wtf2

:doh:

Who am I to contest this?! BUT.... OK! :fear: Thanks for the answer.

And....

Sent me this.... in another forum, a person who worked for the LA DA's office said this:

"Why file this civil lawsuit before the criminal trial? Why not let the D.A.'s office finish their case? My goodness there hasn't been a prelim hearing?
The D.A. has access to sources and information that could help this case, but I feel the family may be jepordizing that case. It's as if they are helping Murray to prove his case that it was not his fault. It was AEG he killled MJ, not Murray.

Something isn't adding up. Any good attorney would tell the family to wait until CM's case is completed."

So Katherine is helping get Murray off the hook as well? - - - Exactly!! He can use the same position as a defense that he was not given proper equiptment to care for MJ, therefore he was not at fault.

:unsure:

:fear:

Last edited:

Well if you are going to use Karen Faye good luck there. And the last time I checked being cold did not kill Michael For every witness that you are going to say Michael was cold and not himself there are plenty who will say Michael was on his game people who have nothing to to with AEG

Who am I to contest this. BUT.... OK! :fear: Thanks for the answer.

And....

Sent me this.... in another forum, a person who worked for the LA DA's office said this:

Any good attorney would tell you that but greed is the issue here

Not necessarily. In the lawsuit they mention visible negative effects of Murray's AEG ordered treatment on June 18,19, 23 and 24th and during rehearsals. That's after the time frame that Katherine saw Michael. And she never said that she was at rehearsals.

That also shows that they will use testimonies/statement from people that worked on TII.

I believe when Mrs. Jackson made that statement she was answering about the claims of Michael having an addiction problem. If you listen to those who said that he did have one, there should have been no way for her to have missed such, especially if everyone could allegedly see it and the problem had been there for months not just a couple of weeks prior to his death.

Also, if things were as stated in this lawsuit, some of this should have been known immediately after Michael's death. Yet you allow AEG to organize Michael's public memorial?

To me there is just something wrong with the portrayal of Michael. There are just way too many contradictions.

People should have been coming to her saying Mrs Jackson we knew Michael was sick but AEG was making him do these shows. And if Michael was so sick like she is trying to say he was how come autopsy said nothing was wrong with him? You have facts vs speculation facts win all of the time

IMO this whole thing is an attempt to get AEG to settle I hope they don't

Who am I to contest this?! BUT.... OK! :fear: Thanks for the answer.

And....

I disagree with this assessment:

"Why file this civil lawsuit before the criminal trial? Why not let the D.A.'s office finish their case? My goodness there hasn't been a prelim hearing?
The D.A. has access to sources and information that could help this case, but I feel the family may be jepordizing that case. It's as if they are helping Murray to prove his case that it was not his fault. It was AEG he killled MJ, not Murray.

Something isn't adding up. Any good attorney would tell the family to wait until CM's case is completed."

So Katherine is helping get Murray off the hook as well? - - - Exactly!! He can use the same position as a defense that he was not given proper equiptment to care for MJ, therefore he was not at fault.

There are time limitations as to when you can sue. Do you know what they would be in this case? I know Anita Busch (and others) were suing Pellicano, Christensen & others for illegal wiretapping - Geragos was their attorney & the cases were being dismissed because they filed right after Pellicano had been convicted & the judge ruled they waited too long. Katherine is smart IMO to sue now. I would sue everyone I thought was responsible for my son's death if I were her, and I think AEG has some responsibility in this tragedy. I think we'll get alot of answers & get to the truth of what happened.

Ivy, do you know what the time limitations would be to sue in this case?

Murray's defense lawyers are loving this. They have a ready made defense. They can just sit back and drink some cocktails and allow the family to have it.

Oh yeah of course. Nothing like a loving family who are willing to help you get away with killing a so called loved one the Jacksons are the most dysfunctional family ever, They throw there dead loved ones under a bus

I think we'll get alot of answers & get to the truth of what happened.
Well, I'm not so sure that. -_- Let's see.... >>> :timer:

thriller.gif

This is all a big nightmare that never seems to end. *big sigh*

In this meeting where Katherine says Randy Phillips went to the house and told Michael to stop using Klein I think she may have left out the fact that Frank Dileo was there and Kenny Ortega was there too. And Frank says they talked about Michael loosing weight not about Michael should be taken this drug or that drug. So someone is lying

I'm worried about how this is going to affect Murray's case as well. I certainly hope that this is what's in Katherine's heart, and it's not a result of Oxman or Joe whispering in her ear. If the children and Katherine feel that justice would be to sue AEG's pants off, then so be it - even if it means Murray gets off (which kills me inside, but what can you do?). As long as this is what they TRULY want, then I guess I'm forced to accept it be happy with it. But if they're going to do this, please, PLEASE get a better lawyer.

So someone is lying
Someone? Many are lying in this story. :bugeyed I really do not know who to trust and give credibility. Why all informations in this story do not intersect each other. Who is telling the truth? I do not know. :unsure: :doh:

when money are involved justice is left behind...so if the family wants justice for michael they should stop asking for money...this civil trials are just about money!

I look at it like this, if AEG was so worried about MJ's health then they should've and could've gotten MJ in tip top health then structured those concert dates. They knew that his fans would've waited to buy those tickets, hell they could've still sold out shows that would've taken place 6-12 months after the press conference.

Filing a wrongful death case is not unusual, if you can't get them with criminal charges then hit their wallets.. The Goldman's did it to OJ Simpson back in 1995.
Someone stated earlier that since Mr. Jackson was not financially dependent on MJ that he shouldn't file the charges against Murray, well he is his father and I believe / I think in the court of law that allows him to file along with having valid points..

However I have a feeling all these hearing are going to be going on until Prince and/or Paris are of age. Gonna be a lot of finger pointing and mud slinging hopefully this will cause the judge to rethink the ruling about letting the other doctors get away with prescribing MJ meds.

In the end I just hope truth and justice reign supreme and bring a little peace to everyone that was hurt by his passing, but no matter who is found guilty, it still won't bring him back to his family, friends, and fans.

Go katherine and Go MJ's children...

We are looking from the outside in and dont know everything that is going on, they must have certain proof and i hope they will get to the bottom of this....
I hope EVERYONE responsible will get what they deserve in this lifetime!

I know we've gone over this stuff months and months ago...many many times. All I wanna see now is the PAPERS. Show me the papers. Enough statements and accounts of what happened. Let's see the proof. Perhaps this complaint will bring us closer to the proof indicating the TRUTH, at last.

I am with you on this one.

But remember there's also a statement available from someone who was there in that morning saying that Murray did ask for Prince, but he never went upstairs and stayed downstairs with the rest of them...

A very good point there! "Why now when Murray's case is still in progress!?" was also in my mind when I read about this lawsuit.

Murray's defense lawyers are loving this. They have a ready made defense. They can just sit back and drink some cocktails and allow the family to have it.

I can't believe fans are able to point out contradictions in this lawsuit and statements/fact made priorly yet the lawyers of the Jackson Family can't?
I don't understand why they would do this lawsuit now. Really don't.
Why not wait for the trial with Murray to be over?
Something is wrong with this. It doesn't make sense.

I just hope that the truth will come out and justice will prevail. I don't know what to think of this lawsuit at this point. I agree it seems strange that Katherine decided to go there before even the preliminary hearing in the criminal trial. We'll see how it all goes.

One more thing... The document states that Murray attended rehearsals. It's the first time we are hearing about this... No one ever mentioned this before, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back