Katherine PP&B on GMA 2/25 Interview Post 208

Re: Katherine PP&B on GMA 2/25

You keep saying that but continually chose to ignore the proof shown and I guess Michael did'nt know his mother as well either given that his wishes are being totally disrespected and ignored!

Tell me Michael Jackson would approve of his children being exploited like they have, you may not see it that way, but thats EXACTLY whats happening. Howard Mann is USING her and THE KIDS and she is allowing it all for MONEY!

This whole thing is gonna blow up in her face for sure.

You keep assuming you know the situation. You know parts, but you don't know the full story, and neither do I. And to be honest, you don't know Michael's wishes. You can make an educated guess, but his mother knew him better than any of us.

Yes, we can pretty surely say he would not have had his kids on TV or involved in any business dealings. And, if I were their guardian, I wouldn't put them on TV either. But, that doesn't give us the right to condemn his mother. Question her, that's fair. Condemn her, I don't think that's fair. There are many ways to raise children and have them turn out wonderfully. Michael turned out wonderfully and he was raised my Katherine. Katherine is doing her best to raise and support Michael's children and continue and uplift his legacy at the same time.

I am defending her not because I'm not a Michael fan (as some naive people would think) but because time and time again I see people incorrectly judge situations they are not involved in, based on limited information, especially situations they are passionate about. Michael himself knows all to well what that feels like and I'm sure he wouldn't want that for his mother. The children appear happy. I see no reason to be up in arms about how Katherine is raising them. And I think you have a good point that Michael would not agree with all her choices, but at the end of the day my guess is (and it's only a guess) that he would not want us condeming his mother when none of us has spoken with her or know the full story.

You know what? Michael loved his mother. He loved her endlessly and he trusted her to love, protect, and take care of his children to the best of her abilities in case something happened to him. Sometimes as parents and/or guardians, we get it wrong because we're not perfect. Ms. Katherine has made and will continue to make mistakes. We all do and no one should question her love for her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I will never forget seeing her stand with Michael day in and day out, every single day in that courtroom. She was strong and heroic and she stood for Michael when he couldn't stand. So, it was and is a logical choice that he would pick her to raise his three children.

With that said...

She has made a very big error associating with Howard Mann. Howard Mann is the PIMP in this situation and Katherine is a willing participant in all of this. He cannot get anything done without her participation. If Howard Mann and Katherine Jackson continues to do business together, then so be it. But stop using and exploiting Michael's name, image, likeness, copyrights, philanthropic works, and music.

And more importantly, stop using the children in order to further a financial agenda. I do not agree with it and YOU ALL KNOW MICHAEL WOULD NOT HAVE WANTED THIS.

Moving beyond the money aspect... do you honestly think that Michael Jackson - the man who protected his children and hid them from the public would want a known harasser and stalker around his children? A woman who was told repeatedly to leave Michael and his staff alone? A woman who usurped Michael's charity? A woman whom his estate has called a fraud?

Money is money and my concern is beyond Howard Mann and Katherine making money. I'm concerned about the safety of Michael's children because KATHERINE JACKSON, JOE JACKSON and HOWARD MANN has brought a stalker around MICHAEL'S CHILDREN. It is not right and no amount of spinning can change the simple fact that this is WRONG.

Bottom line.

Last edited:

No, I think you guys don't know how to argue with someone who disagrees with you so you call them not an MJ fan. Prove to me that your argument is valid. If it was valid you wouldn't need to go the 'not an MJ fan' route. Sad.

You forget that MJ was a huge fan of Katherine and a huge fan of not judging people you haven't spoken with one on one. But guess you don't know MJ as well as you thought you did.
of course Michael was a huge fan of Katherne's she was his mother..however I must add to that ..obviously she did great job hiding the REAL Katherne Jackson even from her own son...she had no need to exploit his children while he was still here..he payed all her bills and made sure she had plenty of money...now he has passed away and he STILL made sure he had plenty of money..so WHAT IS her excuse for entering into shady business deals with people that exploit his children.?? Doesn't sound like a ordinary grandma to me. My grandma would never do that to me...would yours??

You know what? Michael loved his mother. He loved her endlessly and he trusted her to love, protect, and take care of his children to the best of her abilities in case something happened to him. Sometimes as parents and/or guardians, we get it wrong because we're not perfect. Ms. Katherine has made and will continue to make mistakes. We all do and no one should question her love for her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I will never forget seeing her stand with Michael day in and day out, every single day in that courtroom. She was strong and heroic and she stood for Michael when he couldn't stand. So, it was and is a logical choice that he would pick her to raise his three children.

With that said...

She has made a very big error associating with Howard Mann. Howard Mann is the PIMP in this situation and Katherine is a willing participant in all of this. He cannot get anything done without her participation. If Howard Mann and Katherine Jackson continues to do business together, then so be it. But stop using and exploiting Michael's name, image, likeness, copyrights, philanthropic works, and music.

And more importantly, stop using the children in order to further a financial agenda. I do not agree with it and YOU ALL KNOW MICHAEL WOULD NOT HAVE WANTED THIS.

Moving beyond the money aspect... do you honestly think that Michael Jackson - the man who protected his children and hid them from the public would want a known harasser and stalker around his children? A woman who was told repeatedly to leave Michael and his staff alone? A woman who usurped Michael's charity? A woman whom his estate has called a fraud?

Money is money and my concern is beyond Howard Mann and Katherine making money. I'm concerned about the safety of Michael's children because KATHERINE JACKSON, JOE JACKSON and HOWARD MANN has brought a stalker around MICHAEL'S CHILDREN. It is not right and no amount of spinning can change the simple fact that this is WRONG.

Bottom line.
so true Trish..preach it Girl!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

With that said...

Bottom line.

Straight and to the darn point!:clapping:

Nobody needs to be going around in circles on this, whats happening is just plain WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! Howard Mann is in this to make MONEY PERIOD! I sincerely believe we have not seen anything yet! Theres more to come.

With that said...

Bottom line.

Well said!!!
I can't agree more.
In my point of view, Katherine made so many bad decisions.
I kept give excuse for her but this time I am really disappointed with her bad judgment.
I really hope Katherine was being manipulated. Otherwise, it's so horrible since MJ trusts her so much.
This heal the world collaboration is so wrong.
If something goes wrong with this organiztion, people would blame PPB and her.
I guess the only hope is the estate would step out to do something about it.
This Howard Mann is so horrible. I hope Katherine could wake up and stop working with this guy.

Good post Trish.. You are so right.. It's just wrong.. Katherine should not be using MJ's kids for profit.. She has never used any of her other grandchildren in that manner. Katherine said herself that she was not close to MJ's kids and didn't know them very well, now suddenly she's using them to promote Mann's dealings?

It's just shameful to me.. She didn't know them that well but since her son is dead they are good enough to use for profit?

With that said...

Bottom line.

I agree with this post.

MJFan07, I like your balanced posts as well and don't be offended when people say you're "not a real fan", that term gets thrown around loosely these days and applies to anyone that goes against popular opinion. It's good that you have not lost your respect for Katherine, I haven't either. I think she is a generous, kind-hearted and loving woman and I can see why Michael adored her. I think secretly we all want a grandma like that (although I do love my own grandmother as well) :) The children seem happy and healthy with her so I see no reason to question her care in that respect. That said, I do believe Katherine's association with Howard Mann is a big mistake and I'm afraid the consequences are more serious than you think. A woman that previously stalked and harassed Michael now has free access to his children. What will happen when they find out that this charity has no relation to that of their father's? They will probably quit the organization and cut off all contact with mrs Johnson. If this woman is as mentally unstable as she appears to be, who knows what she'll do then. I'm also worried about the kids' free access to the internet and in particular to online chat sites. Who knows what kind of creeps they will encounter. I wouldn't let my own children on there (if I had them), let alone the children of the most famous man that ever lived. Michael always protected them from the harsh critics he had to endure (remember he'd even turn magazine covers around if he was on it when they went shopping) and now they are exposed to whatever people, including haters, are saying about him. Again, I don't question Katherine's motives and I don't think she is acting out of greed like so many here are suggesting. I think she's being manipulated by shady people around her like Mann that have convinced her that the Estate is not on her side and that they're not out to preserve Michael's legacy but only want to make money for themselves. But that doesn't mean that the actions that result from this are OK. They are not. I always try to see the good in people but I just cannot find anything remotely positive about Mann & Co. They are only in this for the money and it's so obvious.

Good post Trish.. You are so right.. It's just wrong.. Katherine should not be using MJ's kids for profit.. She has never used any of her other grandchildren in that manner. Katherine said herself that she was not close to MJ's kids and didn't know them very well, now suddenly she's using them to promote Mann's dealings?

It's just shameful to me.. She didn't know them that well but since her son is dead they are good enough to use for profit?

When did she say this? (include source please). I don't believe she would ever say that about any of her grandchildren unless I see video/audio proof.

When did she say this? (include source please). I don't believe she would ever say that about any of her grandchildren unless I see video/audio proof.

she said it on Oprah I believe

oh yes..I heard her say this too...I do think it was on Oprah..I am not bullshitting you..she actually said that...sad..I know

I'll watch the Oprah interview again tomorrow to verify (if it's still on YT) as it's too late for that now. I don't remember her saying it though. And I'm sure she didn't mean it like that. It's so obvious she loves those kids and they love her back. Come on, she's their grandma!

I'll watch the Oprah interview again tomorrow to verify (if it's still on YT) as it's too late for that now. I don't remember her saying it though. And I'm sure she didn't mean it like that. It's so obvious she loves those kids and they love her back. Come on, she's their grandma!

Honestly,

I don't know what to believe about Katherine anymore. The entire clan has truly disappointed me . I would never have thought MJ would be gone and his family would betray him like they have. It's sad..

I think it was in the very first interview that she did with Oprah..not this last one.

With that said...

Bottom line.

I applaud you for questioning Katherine's actions in a respectful manner. There is a huge, yet subtle, difference between questioning actions out of concern and unfairly condemning someone.

I would just be careful about making assumptions. For example, as far as I know the Heal the World lawsuit is still pending and Melissa Johnson was never declared a stalker by the courts. People go to jail for stalking and again, as far as I know, she was never in jail. And even after court decisions are made, the courts don't always get them right. Katherine knows these people MUCH better than we do. Let's give her some respect that she is making good decisions with whom she is associating with. I think it's more than fair to question her associations, but let's not assume (yet at least) that they are in error or that somehow she is making these associations out of greed.

Again, I applaud you for raising concerns in a respectful manner.

She never said she didn't know them well. She said she didn't know them real, real, well. (Don't remember how many 'reals' there were). Michael travelled the world, Katherine lived in L.A. Of course, she didn't know them real, real well. But like she said, she knew them well enough. And one look at Paris with her Grandma at the memorial shows that there was clearly a loving bond between the two.

I think it was in the very first interview that she did with Oprah..not this last one.

She did another interview with Oprah? When?? After MJ died? How come I didn't know about this :mello: Or maybe I do but I just don't remember right now.

She never said she didn't know them well. She said she didn't know them real, real, well. (Don't remember how many 'reals' there were). Michael travelled the world, Katherine lived in L.A. Of course, she didn't know them real, real well. But like she said, she knew them well enough. And one look at Paris with her Grandma at the memorial shows that there was clearly a loving bond between the two.

Definitely, I don't question that at all :)

you can white wash it all you want...she still said she didn't know them well..I really dont give a care how many real's she put in there..she STILL said it. You will argue to the ends of the earth..and I for one...am done arguing with you,,,you enjoy it...I am done with you.

End of..

I agree with this post.

MJFan07, I like your balanced posts as well and don't be offended when people say you're "not a real fan", that term gets thrown around loosely these days and applies to anyone that goes against popular opinion. It's good that you have not lost your respect for Katherine, I haven't either. I think she is a generous, kind-hearted and loving woman and I can see why Michael adored her. I think secretly we all want a grandma like that (although I do love my own grandmother as well) :) The children seem happy and healthy with her so I see no reason to question her care in that respect. That said, I do believe Katherine's association with Howard Mann is a big mistake and I'm afraid the consequences are more serious than you think. A woman that previously stalked and harassed Michael now has free access to his children. What will happen when they find out that this charity has no relation to that of their father's? They will probably quit the organization and cut off all contact with mrs Johnson. If this woman is as mentally unstable as she appears to be, who knows what she'll do then. I'm also worried about the kids' free access to the internet and in particular to online chat sites. Who knows what kind of creeps they will encounter. I wouldn't let my own children on there (if I had them), let alone the children of the most famous man that ever lived. Michael always protected them from the harsh critics he had to endure (remember he'd even turn magazine covers around if he was on it when they went shopping) and now they are exposed to whatever people, including haters, are saying about him. Again, I don't question Katherine's motives and I don't think she is acting out of greed like so many here are suggesting. I think she's being manipulated by shady people around her like Mann that have convinced her that the Estate is not on her side and that they're not out to preserve Michael's legacy but only want to make money for themselves. But that doesn't mean that the actions that result from this are OK. They are not. I always try to see the good in people but I just cannot find anything remotely positive about Mann & Co. They are only in this for the money and it's so obvious.

Thanks for understanding.

I agree with you on the internet access. The kids having internet access and just access to the outside world in general makes me nervous. Not because I think they should remain hidden their whole lives but just out of concern for all the negative influences out there. It had to happen sooner or later, but they are still at such an impressionable age that I hope they don't become negatively influenced or hurt by those trashing their dad.

In regards to Melissa Johnson, I agree there's definitely reason for concern there, but I also think we don't know all the details yet, so I'm hoping that Katherine knows more than we do and that there's more to this story than meets the eye. If she really was a stalker why is she not in prison and why would we not have heard about it in mainstream media? At least I didn't hear about it in mainstream media, and I always hear the media talking about other celebrity stalkers.

As for Howard Mann, I hope that he treats Katherine and her kids with respect. So far, I think he has. He is a businessman, so obviously he's in it for the money, but all businessmen are out for the money and some still manage to act in respectful manners. Debbie did know him well, I believe. Don't know much on the history of that association. I wonder if that impacted Katherine's decision? Let's hope things go OK. I guess only time will tell. But, I definitely understand the concern and am concerned as well.

Isn't that the interview she did with the kids?
mmhmm...the first one the interiew started in the house and then went to the backyard..I just dont know which video..it would be on 1-5..

MJFAN 07 - I'm not sure why the fact that Melissa Johnson wasn't formally charged and found guilty of stalking is important to you. If Michael and some of his longtime, trusted staff members thought she was a stalker, that's enough to keep her away from Michael's children, IMO.

I don't think that HTWF has been open and honest with Michael's fans. People have donated their hard-earned money because they thought HTWF was Michael's charity, when there is no evidence that Michael was associated with this HTWF at all. This charity took advantage of Michael's fans. That's wrong.

MJFAN 07 - I'm not sure why the fact that Melissa Johnson wasn't formally charged and found guilty of stalking is important to you. If Michael and some of his longtime, trusted staff members thought she was a stalker, that's enough to keep her away from Michael's children, IMO.

I don't think that HTWF has been open and honest with Michael's fans. People have donated their hard-earned money because they thought HTWF was Michael's charity, when there is no evidence that Michael was associated with this HTWF at all. This charity took advantage of Michael's fans. That's wrong.

It's important because I don't like when people rush to judgement against others whom they've never met and whom there is no real evidence against. It's mainly hearsay. It's better to give someone the benefit of the doubt and be wrong than to condemn someone and be wrong.

I didn't hear it come out of Michael's mouth. If someone has a video of it, please correct me. Until then, I'm not going to call someone never formally charged as a stalker.

That's not to say that just b/c Melissa was never formally charged that Katherine shouldn't be cautious. She should always be cautious, particularly when it comes to her grandchildren.

As to her misleading fans regarding the charity, yes I also have concerns in regards to this. But again, the lawsuit is still pending. We don't yet know the full story. Katherine is supporting the charity, so that to me for the time being gives it legitimacy. To the best of my knowledge (and please correct me if I am incorrect), Michael did not sue her while he was alive. So, we do not have confirmation one way or another as to what his thoughts were regarding this charity. IMO, Katherine would know this better than any of us, so for the time being I am trusting her judgement.

It's not that I don't see where people's concerns are coming from (I have the same concerns), I just am very cautious to make judgements prior to knowing ALL of the evidence. Sometimes, just one little fact out of a 100 completely changes a story.

I hope this is the bottom line. Almost ALL fans were in support of Katherine when she first had custody of those children. She is Michael's MOTHER. But, as time passed, more and more seemed to go wrong. First was the DCFS investigation of that household, in which MANY of her grandchildren were living. That was regarding a Taser in the hands of children. But yet, we STILL supported her.

And now? Michael is not here anymore, and there is NO confusion about how he was raising those children. . out of the public eye, very well educated, very well behaved, and allowed to be CHILDREN. Many of us, now, are taking exception to what Katherine is doing. . READ the contract with Howard Mann, ok?

Whatever anyone might think of them, it is the ESTATE that protects the children's financial interests. The estate has sole ownership of Michael's brand and image. In the alliance with Mann, Katherine is going against the estate's wishes. . . the estate of her own son.. and is promoting a "satellite estate," which is the subject of lawsuits. That might be her own BUSINESS, but she is also requiring Michael's children to support HER own "business," to their own detriment.

Please understand this? Any money Katherine's enterprises make, are for her, alone. Any money the estate makes, is for Michael's CHILDREN. Therefore, in requiring the children to promote Mann/Johnson, they are harming their own futures, with no choice in that, as minors. Would Michael have wanted this? REALLY?

It's not that we are acceptive, it's that what is 'right' is an opinion. We are fans. We do not know the parties involved. We do not know the ins and outs of the situation. We may think we do, but we don't. We only know little pieces here and there that we can gather from google.

I think what we know gives reason to show some concern, but not enough reason to vilify Katherine or disrespect her choices. It's clear she loves her grandchildren and she has shown year after year how much she loves Michael.

Like Michael said, and quite adamantly, don't condemn someone unless you've spoken with them one on one about the situation. None of you, as far as I know, have spoken with Katherine one on one about this situation. So, in my opinion, I think Michael would be ashamed that his fans would be so eager to judge and condemn his mother, without even speaking to her. It's OK to question her choices but to vilify and condemn her as many here are doing IMO is extreme, unfair, and uncalled for.

Did you not read my post? I said it is sad that posters like you say excusey things like the above only on MJ sites. If these same things were happening to Elvis's or Madonna's kids, nobody, I mean, nobody would be justifying what's going on. And you sure as hell wouldn't see these other fanbases caring about relatives, who don't ever speak out for their loved one who was killed.

It's important because I don't like when people rush to judgement against others whom they've never met and whom there is no real evidence against. It's mainly hearsay. It's better to give someone the benefit of the doubt and be wrong than to condemn someone and be wrong.

I didn't hear it come out of Michael's mouth. If someone has a video of it, please correct me. Until then, I'm not going to call someone never formally charged as a stalker.

That's not to say that just b/c Melissa was never formally charged that Katherine shouldn't be cautious. She should always be cautious, particularly when it comes to her grandchildren.

As to her misleading fans regarding the charity, yes I also have concerns in regards to this. But again, the lawsuit is still pending. We don't yet know the full story. Katherine is supporting the charity, so that to me for the time being gives it legitimacy. To the best of my knowledge (and please correct me if I am incorrect), Michael did not sue her while he was alive. So, we do not have confirmation one way or another as to what his thoughts were regarding this charity. IMO, Katherine would know this better than any of us, so for the time being I am trusting her judgement.

It's not that I don't see where people's concerns are coming from (I have the same concerns), I just am very cautious to make judgements prior to knowing ALL of the evidence. Sometimes, just one little fact out of a 100 completely changes a story.

Thanks for the reply. People gave Katherine the benefit of the doubt for a while. At a certain point, we just had to see the facts. Michael sued Howard Mann, and now Katherine is working with him. Does she know more than Michael did about this guy?

The things that have been happening over the last year or so makes it painfully obvious that the Jackson family can not stand that the estate has control over Michael's brand, his music, and, probably most importantly, his money. Autumn II has mentioned it at least a few times - the estate exists to make money for Michael's children. By working against the estate, Katherine is working against the kids' financial interests. And, to make matters even worse, she's using the kids to do it!

Back