Katherine PP&B on GMA 2/25 Interview Post 208

Re: Katherine PP&B on GMA 2/25

Can I just ask though.. is Katherine tied to that contract now? If she came to her senses would she be able to get out of it? The children would easily yeh?.. but Katherine? She'd be sued by Mann?

That depends on the legitimacy/legality of the contract. I think that if she wanted to get out of it, she could. But, that might be sticky if she's already accepted money from Mann (the contract mentioned that she'd get ten-thousand dollars a month, for fulfilling the obligations of the "so-called" contract.) So, she might be required to refund Mann those payments, if she challenges the contract?

Above the line where Katherine signed, it said that EITHER she had consulted an attorney, or had waived her right to consult an attorney. Regardless, the contract doesn't seem like it could stand up in court, in that, among other things, it's not legal to bind minor children to a contact like that, for LIFE.

Mann has a documentary in the works. I had been told the kids would appear. The GMA took me (all of us actually) by surprise. I have been expecting another sit down with the kids...but not with GMA.

So, around MJ's anniversary....we should brace ourselves for the same crap we had last year if Mann finds a venue for this documentary crap.

I hope not. I want the kids to be left alone.

I hope not. I want the kids to be left alone.
I want the kids to be left alone too. to me it appears that she is using PPB to make money to leave the rest of HER kids when she passes away..because as we all know..after she passes her 40% will kick back to the kids...meaning PPB

I want the kids to be left alone too. to me it appears that she is using PPB to make money to leave the rest of HER kids when she passes away..because as we all know..after she passes her 40% will kick back to the kids...meaning PPB

you got it!! that is exactly what she's doing

I"d like to put another perspective here. I am not gonna discuss Katherine or any other ppl now...just Michael and his kids.
As we all know..they are growing up and they are quite old enough to have an idea of what they wanna do right now.
I bet Michael knew that they will not be able to live under a glass forever.
From what I can tell....those beautiful kids seem different from other celebrity kids.
If they are gonna talk about important things...do charity and care about those who are less fortunate...I think it is a very beautiful thing to do. They can be an example to other young people. They can tell to young people that there are much more important things that expensive clothes and partys.
They said more than once that they want to continue their father"s work.
Soon....they will be old enough to be independed.
I am sure they will be very important persons one day.

This is good^^if that was the main reason. However, notice all the children's appearances do not involve something that THEY benefit from 100%. With the exception of the award (could say they were invited so more people would watch the show), every media appearance had a plug for a coffee book and some other agenda. This is the main point angering some fans.

True Michael was going to bring them out, but how about doing it the way that would make the father proud, if he was alive. If the kids are interested in charity, let them choose one that has nothing to do with Katherine's interests, and if the media what to show them giving part of their allowance to a shelter and have the kids talk about THEIR charity work, fine. No good Michael fan would have much problems with that.

Think about it, would Michael promote TII by bringing his kids to the podium that day--NO. Did he use them to sell TII tickets--NO. Did he use them as character witnesses in court--NO.

This is good^^if that was the main reason. However, notice all the children's appearances do not involve something that THEY benefit from 100%. With the exception of the award (could say they were invited so more people would watch the show), every media appearance had a plug for a coffee book and some other agenda. This is the main point angering some fans.

True Michael was going to bring them out, but how about doing it the way that would make the father proud, if he was alive. If the kids are interested in charity, let them choose one that has nothing to do with Katherine's interests, and if the media what to show them giving part of their allowance to a shelter and have the kids talk about THEIR charity work, fine. No good Michael fan would have much problems with that.

Think about it, would Michael promote TII by bringing his kids to the podium that day--NO. Did he use them to sell TII tickets--NO. Did he use them as character witnesses in court--NO.
I agree with your whole post..thank you..well said..:clapping:

Excatly!

thats because these fans are fans of the jackson family not mj. and will try to justify anything they do no matter how wrong. no one can justify that contract any attempt to do so just confirms what i have said about who they really support..there are certain posters on several boards who are family fans and not mj ones. they will post and live on an mj board yet attack him and defend anything the family does no matter what.

You know I have been seeing this more and more lately. Thank goodness it is the same 4 names so they are easy to avoid.

Do you have any information as to whether more books were bought after the GMA interview? Do we know if the Estate heard the statements of Mann from that interview.

During Michael's tough times he kept his kids away from it all. When the kids accepted the grammy I was okay with that. They did such a good job and Michael would have been proud. They represented Michael so well and if that was the last public appearance of them for a long time I would have no problem with that.

When Diana died you didn't see William and Harry doing tv interviews with their father. They were left alone until they were old enough and ready to talk to the media. They were basically the same age as Prince and Paris especially. You can tell Blanket doesn't like it. He is 9 years old and looks like he would rather be somewhere else. The next time Katherine needs to appear or fulfill her contract take Jermaine's kids or any other Jackson. They might like it.

We have a Jackson on this board :lol:

Ha, we have about 4. Seriously, I wish some would stop answering them back, because it makes the discussion go around in circles and off topic.

You know, even one of my cousins-in-law, who is not an MJ fan.. well she likes his music/dancing but that's about it..she think's he was 'very weird' despite me trying to convince her otherwise :sad:.. anyway, surprisingly to me, she was even outraged when they made their Grammy's appearance.. she was saying it was a total disrespect to how Michael wanted to raise his children.

That depends on the legitimacy/legality of the contract. I think that if she wanted to get out of it, she could. But, that might be sticky if she's already accepted money from Mann (the contract mentioned that she'd get ten-thousand dollars a month, for fulfilling the obligations of the "so-called" contract.) So, she might be required to refund Mann those payments, if she challenges the contract?

Above the line where Katherine signed, it said that EITHER she had consulted an attorney, or had waived her right to consult an attorney. Regardless, the contract doesn't seem like it could stand up in court, in that, among other things, it's not legal to bind minor children to a contact like that, for LIFE.

Hmmm. OK, thanks.

Do you know if she actually recieves her money from the Estate? Because although I've read about her allowance, I've read in other places that she hasn't recieved anything because it goes straight to the Korean thing.. so what's the truth?

is there a download link for this interview with the kids? I saw a preview on the dutch tv site. Where prince says he wants to produce films
OR a link for the interview if i cant download it.

to read al the pages is a little bit to much..xx

Ingelief, it is in the title of the thread. It says interview post 208.

Katherine Jackson simply needs to stop exploiting Prince, Paris, and Blanket, the children of Michael Jackson.

Back