Katy vs. MJ: Who’s Bad? (Yahoo news article)

angfw5.gif

ive got a toyota lol how about a skoda or lada lol

This is :eek:fftopic:

But apart from the recent years of faulty parts........

....Toyota is one of the most reliable cars you can buy.......

....Ugly.....but very reliable......

Rolls Royce......however beautiful and elegant.........require a lot of maintenance (and cash) to keep them running well!!!!

...and now there is an accoustic version of the song too, Billboard needs to step in and try to maintain some sort of integrity for their charts. There must be something wrong with me because according to all the articles I've read, I'm the only one that doesn't see TOTGA as a lyrical masterpiece.

...and now there is an accoustic version of the song too, Billboard needs to step in and try to maintain some sort of integrity for their charts. There must be something wrong with me because according to all the articles I've read, I'm the only one that doesn't see TOTGA as a lyrical masterpiece.

Acoustic version?!!! wow I thought there is already a remix version. This is really desperate. What's the point to break the record like this. Have some dignity... I think Adele's Set Fire To The Rain should be number 1.

:doh: this desperate attempt to break Michael's record shows how shallow the music industry is right now! Besides being shallow K. P. is showing she doesn't have integrity at all, Michael did it meaningfully and the comparison is simply insulting for freak sake! :doh:

Acoustic version?!!! wow I thought there is already a remix version. This is really desperate. What's the point to break the record like this. Have some dignity... I think Adele's Set Fire To The Rain should be number 1.
Co-Sign. It's going to be.

Desperate got started with her previous few hits already.

E.T. (with the help of Kanye West)
Firework
Last Friday Night (roped in Missy Elliot) ...
California Girls (feat Snoop Dog)
have gotten remixes,
sold at drop bin prices and as if that wasn't enough, got her tweets out there pleading with her fans to buy...and now there's a Acoustic version....:scratch:
whatever it takes KP,
......just hell bent to beat
the number of #1's of MJ's Bad album.
Her artistry purposes have long gone. Desperate is an understatement.

I hope more people will see the desperate attempts here. Why don't other artists just do the same thing then. Then there will be no integrity at all.

I think Adele had been a breath of fresh air this past year. It's nice to see the music getting attention.

Last edited:
Katy Perry Makes Renewed Effort To Break Michael Jackson’s Record

In a thinly veiled effort to break Michael Jackson‘s single’s record, Katy Perry has unveiled an acoustic version of current single ‘The One That Got Away’.

Perry’s team have made no secret of their desire for the singer and her album ‘Teenage Dream’ to unseat he King of Pop as the artist with the most #1 singles from one album. As such, they’ve officially released to iTunes a stripped back take on ‘The One’ – which up until now had peaked at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100.

From the cover, to the timing (see: divorce), this reeks of contrived desperation. Not that we can fault Ms. Perry or her team, who are ultimately doing their job - and a brilliant one at that. Almost certainly nothing to do with MJ personally, they simply know they’ve hit a stroke of luck which will be almost impossible to replicate. So why not strike while the iron’s hot? The teams of many an artist could and should take note.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/01/katy-perry-renewed-effort-break-michael-jacksons-record/

for every song there was a remix version
can someone tell me when all these remix versions was released?

when i look on the digital charts and the hot 100. normally she dont have a chance to get the number one.
cause she is losing digital downloads every week. last weeks she went down from 3 to 9 in one week.

watch this...

the remix version was released on december 20, 2011.

Digital ChartsRadio ChartsHot 100
December 105109
December 17779
December 24664
December 31655
January 7
Sales from the Remix Version
January 14343
January 21936

and what are the radio stations trying to do??? she got more airplay each week. why that? ^^

KingMikeJ;3582853 said:
Katy Perry Makes Renewed Effort To Break Michael Jackson’s Record

In a thinly veiled effort to break Michael Jackson‘s single’s record, Katy Perry has unveiled an acoustic version of current single ‘The One That Got Away’.

Perry’s team have made no secret of their desire for the singer and her album ‘Teenage Dream’ to unseat he King of Pop as the artist with the most #1 singles from one album. As such, they’ve officially released to iTunes a stripped back take on ‘The One’ – which up until now had peaked at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100.

From the cover, to the timing (see: divorce), this reeks of contrived desperation. Not that we can fault Ms. Perry or her team, who are ultimately doing their job - and a brilliant one at that. Almost certainly nothing to do with MJ personally, they simply know they’ve hit a stroke of luck which will be almost impossible to replicate. So why not strike while the iron’s hot? The teams of many an artist could and should take note.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/01/katy-perry-renewed-effort-break-michael-jacksons-record/

angfw5.gif

this is so unfair, she's done remixes (E.T and THE ONE GOT AWAY) and now acoustic versions. if michael would have done the same smooth criminal would been number 1 too. and her songs are so forgettable, while mj's are classics, people still covering them (smooth criminal, man in the mirror, etc) and are well remembered who's going to remember any of katy perry' songs in 10?20?30 years?, nobody...i'm 17 and i'd rather listen to BAD (classic) than any katy perry songs (forgettable songs).

I read "Teenage Dream" sold 5.5 copies worldwide so far. Compare that to Bad's 30+ million. Perry is a flash-in-the-pan. No one will remember her in 10 years.

^ :wtf2: that's selling nothing, I don't get why the freaking media is doing such a big buzz about it! How can they compare 30 million copies of BAD with 5.5? It's just insulting!

I read "Teenage Dream" sold 5.5 copies worldwide so far. Compare that to Bad's 30+ million. Perry is a flash-in-the-pan. No one will remember her in 10 years.

I saw that wiki is putting teenage dream at 5.5m, not sure how accurate that is. I read that the 2010 end sales for TD is 2.2m and 2011 end sales are 2.1m so as with everything else katyperry, her album figures seem hyped.

Teenage Dream sold only 2 million copies in the USA so far; the same as Invincible.

Back