KJ vs AEG - Appeal Thread

04/23/2015 Time extended to grant or deny review The time for granting or denying review in the above-entitled matter is hereby extended to and including June 10, 2015, or the date upon which review is either granted or denied.

---------------

and to answer the above question : Supreme court will decide if they will grant or deny review. If they deny review, it's over. If they grant it, parties would file motions and the court would then decide whether to overturn the verdict or not.

No surprise there. Now it's the estate turn to pay the legal bills. What a waste!

It was right decision.

If the estate has to pay the costs, then it is truly sickening that Michael's own money is going to be used when his name was dragged through the mud and all his private stuff was put out there, only because these extortionists wanted easy money.

Randy, get a job.

It was a very cost effective endeavor to discover the truth of Michael's last days. Those days have been documented publicly.

This endeavor must have been very painful for the beneficiaries. I salute them. I appreciated their efforts and I wish them continued comfort for their lost.

It was a very cost effective endeavor to discover the truth of Michael's last days. Those days have been documented publicly.

This endeavor must have been very painful for the beneficiaries. I salute them. I appreciated their efforts and I wish them continued comfort for their lost.

This was an expensive lottery. KJ did not have to disgrace her son so publicly. the whole thing was driven by absolute greed. and if this was about finding the truth, her appeal does not make sense.

Passy001, regardless of our views, the lawsuit was the only method for the beneficiaries to discover the truth of Michael’s last days. I said what I said. I do not agree with you and you do not agree with me. It seems you are incapable of accepting a disagreement.

TinnyandOdd;4089856 said:
Well, that only took 6 years ...

Approximately four.

Tygger;4089868 said:
Passy001, regardless of our views, the lawsuit was the only method for the beneficiaries to discover the truth of Michael’s last days. I said what I said. I do not agree with you and you do not agree with me. It seems you are incapable of accepting a disagreement.

Approximately four.

let me use your favorite quote on this "laugh.".

This lawsuit was clearly a failed sham attempt to shakedown AEG for the benefit of her unemployed children and husband who were left out of the will. if KJ was so interested in the truth she wouldn't have asked AEG twice to settle. Nor would she have waste more money on appeals.

Passy001, laughs!!!

Seriously, repeating your view will not cause agreement. By the way, you seem to not understand California's settlement offer rules. You also do not realize the appeal costs to the Supreme Court was capped which was quite cost effective.

Passy001, laughs!!!

Seriously, repeating your view will not cause agreement. By the way, you seem to not understand California's settlement offer rules. You also do not realize the appeal costs to the Supreme Court was capped which was quite cost effective.

I perfectly do. by the way parties are not obliged to settle or enter into talks. They may only do so at their own discretion. So, KJ at her discretion could have opted not to offer to settle. she had that right.

Capped or not, you repeatedly fail to recognize that the money spent was a waste even if this was just $1.

and finally, a civil lawsuit is about money. that is the ultimate goal, to settle monetary disputes through the court. so the idea that this particular lawsuit was about the search for the "truth" does not make sense. nobody sues people in civil courts just to find out the "truth".

Last edited:
Passy001, I already discussed the settlement rule and how it applies to AEG civil trial in a previous post.

The cap on the appellate lawyer was cost effective despite your budget of $1.

You also seem to not understand that to gain the truth about Michael's last days, the only option was a civil suit. No AEG representative(s) would have given Katherine and Michael's children access to evidence (documents as well as testimonies, etc.) they were allowed access to through the civil suit. Because AEG did not settle, the world knows the truth too.

Passy001, I already discussed the settlement rule and how it applies to AEG civil trial in a previous post.

The cap on the appellate lawyer was cost effective despite your budget of $1.

You also seem to not understand that to gain the truth about Michael's last days, the only option was a civil suit. No AEG representative(s) would have given Katherine and Michael's children access to evidence (documents as well as testimonies, etc.) they were allowed access to through the civil suit. Because AEG did not settle, the world knows the truth too.
in KJ own words, the suit was financially motivated. and even when she got hold of the "truth"
, she still went ahead with the appeals, despite the low probability of success. that is unjustifiable.

in KJ own words, the suit was financially motivated.

You are confusing yourself again. That was the reasoning behind not seeking restitution and that was discussed previously.

I maintain the statements in my post. Your repetitions will not change that. You are truly resistant to accepting a disagreement.

Reminder:
A lawyer for Michael Jackson’s family said they offered to settle their wrongful-death suit against concert promoter Anschutz Entertainment Group, but that they never got an answer.

Kevin Boyle, an attorney for Jackson’s mother and three children, said the family made the offers in January and March.

Boyle would not provide details but said AEG’s insurance would have paid, “which means they could have settled the case without them paying a dime of their money.”

He said AEG has never offered to settle “and they haven’t apologized.”

Marvin Putnam, an attorney for AEG, said it was inappropriate to discuss settlement discussions.

“We don’t settle matters that are utterly baseless,” he said. “We believe that is the case in this matter. I can’t see why we would consider a settlement as anything other than a shakedown.”
-------------------------------------------------

The above cannot be put any simplier way, but I see there Tygger still don't understand (or don't want to).
Jac family made those offers before the trial started. World wouldn't have known anything if AEG had settled this baseless shakedown attempt.

The reason for not seeking restitution against Murray.. wasn´t that because he had children to feed and had no money for Katherine? That is why they went after AEG, to get the big money. The thing with him having children to feed comes directly from Katherine btw,

Virre;4089926 said:
The reason for not seeking restitution against Murray.. wasn´t that because he had children to feed and had no money for Katherine? That is why they went after AEG, to get the big money. The thing with him having children to feed comes directly from Katherine btw,

It came from KJ but it was only for decorations purposes. She didn't want to say that she has her own grown up cubs to feed and the monies she would have gotten from CM wouldn't have fed her already senior citizen cubs thus she gave up restitution and went for big money. When it comes to her own cubs, she wouldn't care less how is CM's kids doing. She didn't display such a concern over AEG people who has kids to feed, nor kids of the insurance company who would have had to pay had she won.

The only good thing of all this is that somewhere out there Randy and Jermaine are throwing hissy fit and crying to their mommy. Maybe that is the reason Jermaine didn't appear on American Idol - he couldn't collect his remains from the floor:giggle:

KJ was so interested in the truth she wouldn't have asked AEG twice to settle. Nor would she have waste more money on appeals.
----------

and that is a fact that can never be gotten over. for someone who was so intrested in the truth kj and the jacksons certainly had no problem lieing about mj to reach their goal of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Such a shame it backfired. the hypocrasey does make me chuckle. when u see the "waste of money"that is the thome suit yet the support of a shakedown and the hurt it brings to mj.it gives me a rye smile that if kj had filed the thome suit it would totally be about the truth and not any waste at all. Game for a laugh and all that!

no doubt jermain wasnt offered enough.hissy fit like at msg.after all hes some big mega star

Bubs;4089922 said:
Reminder:
A lawyer for Michael Jackson’s family said they offered to settle their wrongful-death suit against concert promoter Anschutz Entertainment Group, but that they never got an answer.

Kevin Boyle, an attorney for Jackson’s mother and three children, said the family made the offers in January and March.

Boyle would not provide details but said AEG’s insurance would have paid, “which means they could have settled the case without them paying a dime of their money.”

He said AEG has never offered to settle “and they haven’t apologized.”

Marvin Putnam, an attorney for AEG, said it was inappropriate to discuss settlement discussions.

We don’t settle matters that are utterly baseless,” he said. “We believe that is the case in this matter. I can’t see why we would consider a settlement as anything other than a shakedown.”
-------------------------------------------------

The above cannot be put any simplier way, but I see there Tygger still don't understand (or don't want to).
Jac family made those offers before the trial started. World wouldn't have known anything if AEG had settled this baseless shakedown attempt.

Yip. This:

Plus the refusal of criminal restitution makes it crystal clear that it was always and only about $$$$.

krikzil;4089939 said:
Yip. This:

that was the worst thing Boyle could say. "we want justice and truth but we offered them 2 chances to walk away from this without paying a dime". How is that justice?

Justice jackson family style. thankfully they got what they deserved. now if only branca would grow some and refuse payment to stop them walking away with yet again no consiquences to their actions.

You are confusing yourself again. That was the reasoning behind not seeking restitution and that was discussed previously.

I maintain the statements in my post. Your repetitions will not change that. You are truly resistant to accepting a disagreement.

She did not seek restitution so she could raise greater liabilities against AEG. That was the whole point.

you obviously don't understand the issues at hand and the dynamics at play.

Last edited:
The word restitution is the equivalent of the bell for Pavlov dog for many in these threads. Indeed.

Et al: I understand the settlement rules in California. I also understand how those rules do not align with anti-Jackson sentiments thus the continued confusion by several in these threads about settlements, when they can be offered, and why. Oh well.

Elusive Moonwalker, why would Katherine sue Tohme???

I cannot forever fathom why did they let restitution go altogether? They could have accept at least some amount that would have made CM to suffer rest of his life and ask AEG less than billions, but let it go altogether is beyond me. Who does that and what kind of mother can do that to her child?

a greedy one. they wanted the jackpot and were willing to let murray walk scott free and even work with him to help get the big bucks.

a greedy one. they wanted the jackpot and were willing to let murray walk scott free and even work with him to help get the big bucks.

They could have ask, lets say 10 million from CM, which would have ruined him and weighed on his shoulders rest of his life, and then ask 500 million from AEG. I would have thought they may have gotten more sympathy from jurors if they had punished the real killer in someway, but going directly to big money is put off.

The whole thing to me is like somebody shot a family member and family sues the gun manufactory, and shooter goes free:bugeyed

Anyways, their appeals denied and I hope this is what they get
the-karma-menu.jpg

no doubt jermain wasnt offered enough.hissy fit like at msg.after all hes some big mega star

All 4 bros were billed to appear Access Hollywood to promote their up coming appearance for American Idol, but Jermaine and Tito both missed AH promo, and Jermoney was so upset over appeal denied that he couldn't show up to AI:D
He was probably upset because he has to return that Porche he bought during the trial:giggle:

Last edited:
Back