KJ vs AEG Trial outcome : Possible Appeal [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me add this from the other thread:

Tygger;3954577 said:
Serendipity, Michael’s mother did not need to see her son speak on his issues publicly like a non-family member would to know they existed.

I'm sure. It's just that Katherine played all clueless about it.

Serendipity, Soundmind, the main point of the AEG civil trial was if AEG was liable for negligent hiring, supervision or retention of the doctor who killed him. AEG successfully deflected attention from that to their portrayal of Michael as a “secretive addict.” That has nothing to do with anyone’s perspective of Michael's family members past actions; it was all AEG.

To prove the hiring was negligent the plaintiffs had to show AEG did know about MJ's drug issues, no? So they DID bring up the drug issues first -- Karen Faye and others testified for the plaintiffs about MJ's drug issues, no? They wanted to show MJ was a knows addict. And this happened before AEG responded with the opposite - that he was a secretive addict. So the plaintiffs did bring the drug issues first, it's a fact and there's no denying it. AEG didn't deflect, they simply responded to what the Jacksons brought up first.

Re: KJ vs AEG Trial outcome : Appeal

I never understood how the family said everyone knew including them that MJ was an addict, yet AEG said that MJ was secretive... My thing is if the family knew MJ was an addict, they should've gotten him some help and most definitely intervened when the 50 shows with AEG were announced. I am sure if Katherine would've went to AEG and said 'my son is in trouble and he's an addict and has a sleep disorder' I am sure AEG would've paused and not went on because someone would've been bringing MJ's issues to the forefront. Murray had always told them that MJ was fine and healthy even though he was putting him in a coma at night to 'sleep':bugeyed. Katherine and the family knew for months about these shows, and Katherine even attended meetings with Randy Phillips along with Joe and she never brought up her son's health or mental state to him did she?

Tygger;3953877 said:
Ivy, I understood what was said by the judge regarding the jurors. Some jurors did speak to the media on camera so they made their identities known. Fans did not seek out those jurors then. I personally do not believe they would now however, any potential crisis has been averted.

I'll disagree with this based on my experiences. I have seen certain fans personally target other fans to the point of posting personal information which not only included names, pictures, work info but also included their relatives, dead family members, calling friends and family and so on. There was (and also somewhat still is) a group that is fixated on the jurors. I don't know if anyone would harass the jurors but the past experience in the fan community has shown me that there are fans out there who are capable of personal harassment that goes beyond online environment and who lack a moral compass. So I do think that a better safe than sorry approach is extremely appropriate here.

We do not know if the doctor dealing with Michael’s sleep issues was an action outside of employment.

I'm not going to argue about this as it was one of the questions in the case and everyone would come to their own conclusions in regards to what to believe.

You and other posters actually suggested the plaintiffs cast aspersions on everyone who currently carried debt because that is what AEG lawyers said before trial began. Their statement was a purposeful generalization done to induce fear. I read the testimony of the HR expert and she casted aspersions on the doctor ONLY who killed Michael not everyone who carries debt (this includes every doctor who carries debt) as you are suggesting. She felt his position was quite sensitive as he was entrusted with the life of a patient who happened to be a business partner as well. Some might say she was over cautious however, others would say Jorrie - with her failed ten minute Google search - and AEG were not cautious enough.

this is confusing in a way. see the way that the precedent cases work is that you can take a situation and you generalize it to a similar situation. Such as sports medicine was brought up during the trial because there was probably no example of a musician-doctor-promoter triangle and the sport medicine could have served as an example for a three way relationship between athlete-doctor- team.

So you cannot really look to a case and say this only and only applies to MJ- Murray- AEG, US legal system of precedent cases don't work like that. So for example if you say Jacksons arguments don't include doctors who have debt will be unfit for hire then what makes Murray specifically unfit? His debt while he happened to be a licensed doctor with no discipline action? Just because it is MJ? Aren't all doctors entrusted with life of a patient so shouldn't the standards - whatever it might be- also apply to them? Is Michael better than the rest of the human beings?

Also when you look to the doctors in MJ's life not all of them have been on the straight arrow. I mean look to Klein, he was a very successful doctor, dermatologist to many many rich and famous people, has a role in development of Botox, he had millions of dollars, mansions etc so he was by all means very successful, rich doctor who was treating and hanging out with many famous people but that did not stop him competing with Hoefflin to provide MJ with painkillers back in the day.

So you see what I'm trying to say just because Murray had debt wouldn't necessarily make him unfit for the job and just because some other doctor could be rich,successful doesn't mean they won't do questionable stuff.

I believe I am safe in saying the majority of fans the media showcased did support the plaintiffs. There were fans who came to support Katherine everyday at trial and those were the ones the media would interview.

I thought you were referencing a survey and I'm sorry for my mistake. As for the "fans the media showcases" I will go one more step ahead you and say not majority but almost all and even I'll say all of them were pro-jacksons. and there's no surprise there. To attend a 6 month trial, not going to work and dress in Katherine Jackson t shirts does mean a high support for Jacksons. I wouldn't expect any fan that did not support this trial or Jacksons to show up to the trial and why would they? No one would spend their time, money and effort on something they don't believe or approve.

I think the point is just because 10-20 fans who were Pro Jackson attended the trial and showcased by the media doesn't mean the majority of the fans or the public shared their opinions in regards to this trial.Similarly hust because MJJC had a very active section in regards to AEG trial doesn't mean the fanbase outside MJJC would think or agree with the members here. So it is best to not make any claims about what the majority of the fanbase and/or public think.

Katherine Jackson t-shirts? :blink: I can't......

Katherine Jackson t-shirts? :blink: I can't......

yes with her picture and "we support you" and "team katherine jackson" written on it

one picture from media

article-2442279-187AE97C00000578-994_634x505.jpg

that's also the reason media used headlines like "Groupies Deify MJ's Mom" and had pictures like this

8940467.t.jpg

so I would agree with tygger that majority and even all of the fans that attended trial and showcased by media was extremely pro Jackson. and that's not surprising, you would expect people who are pro Jackson to attend and people who did not agree or care about the trial to not attend. But like I said that doesn't mean that the fans attended the trial represent what the majority of the fanbase and/or public think.

Ivy are you going to make a new thread for the actual appeal and close this one?

Tygger;3954222 said:
And what would be those four elements? I only see three connected by an “or” operator.

image_zps7b288b4c.jpg

Last edited:
^^

to add on that let me post this one more time

California Civil Jury Instructions (CACI)
426. Negligent Hiring, Supervision, or Retention of Employee
[Name of plaintiff] claims that [he/she] was harmed by [name of employee] and that [name of employer defendant] is responsible for that harm because [name of employer defendant] negligently [hired/ supervised/ [or] retained] [name of employee]. To establish this claim, [name of plaintiff] must prove ALL of the following:
1. That [name of employee] was [unfit/ [or] incompetent] to perform the work for which [he/she] was hired;
2. That [name of employer defendant] knew or should have known that [name of employee] was [unfit/ [or] incompetent] and that this [unfitness/ [or] incompetence] created a particular risk to others;
3. That [name of employee]’s [unfitness/ [or] incompetence] harmed [name of plaintiff]; and
4. That [name of employer defendant]’s negligence in [hiring/ supervising/ [or] retaining] [name of employee] was a substantial factor in causing [name of plaintiff]’s harm.

Ivy are you going to make a new thread for the actual appeal and close this one?

hmm probably not. I'm updating the first post of this thread with all the appeal information, links to dockets and updates about their situation. I think this thread will be okay. Because the thing is we won't get much news in regards to the appeal. It's like notice of appeal , a few months later opening brief, a few months later reply brief, a few months later reply to the reply, a few months later oral arguments and then up to 3 months of waiting period for a decision and this is if there are no extension requests. Details of the appeals would be most probably limited to what media reports as the documents aren't posted online and requires someone to make a in person request for copies. So in short I don't think we need another thread, appeal process would be long with occasional information once in a few months.

^^OK thanks. Somehow those Katherine t-shirts are cracking me up.

From superior court website case history

01/23/2014 Ntc to Atty re Notice of Appeal
Filed by Clerk

01/22/2014 Notice of Appeal (NOTICE OF APPEAL; NOTICE OF ELECTI ON TO PROCEED BY APPENDIX; AND DES IGNATION OF REPORTER'S TRANSCRIPT )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

Looks like this could be the new appeal that was mentioned before. I'll update the first post & thread when the new appeal shows at the Appeal court docket system

yes with her picture and "we support you" and "team katherine jackson" written on it

one picture from media

article-2442279-187AE97C00000578-994_634x505.jpg

that's also the reason media used headlines like "Groupies Deify MJ's Mom" and had pictures like this

8940467.t.jpg

Oh dear. No wonder people think MJ fans are loony.

^^I am taking consolation in the fact that maybe they are more Katherine's fans than MJ fans. I wonder what these fans arguments are for AEG being liable. Now I understand about fans saying "you go girl" to Karen?

Its prob taj makils lot. u know ppl who didnt give two hoots about mj pre 09 and were the total opposite in their support or lack of of mj.

^^I am taking consolation in the fact that maybe they are more Katherine's fans than MJ fans. I wonder what these fans arguments are for AEG being liable. Now I understand about fans saying "you go girl" to Karen?

I think there are 3 groups

- people who are long term Jackson family fans : these are generally older people who were fans back in the Jacksons era and started as Jackson 5 fans

- people who replaced MJ with his family/kids/friends/employees: I don't mean this in a negative way but after MJ died naturally people miss him and they are looking for any sort of connection. As MJ has died there's no way for fans to see him and so on and they think if they follow/support any of his family/kids/friends/employees they would feel connected to MJ.

- having common enemy: this group in my opinion isn't really a supporter of Jackson family but they side with them whenever they are against a common enemy. In other words this group has negative position against AEG, Sony, Estate etc and they would side with anyone and everyone that is against these parties. For example there have been people who were very critical of Jacksons but yet supported them during AEG trial. It wasn't because they liked Jacksons, it was because they were against AEG. Similarly for example you will see some people who support IRS and that's not because they are big fans of Internal Revenue Service it is just because they are against MJ Estate. Also for example you would expect a true Jackson fan to be against IRS because the lower the taxes paid more money is left for KJ and MJ's kids. However siding with IRS shows that for these people their hate of MJ Estate triumphs their love for Jacksons.

anyway this is kinda side topic so back on track.

This morning one of my friends sent me a link to twitter exchange among some fans who are big supporters of Jacksons and 1000% behind them during the trial. Interestingly they were talking Panish and how he lost the case. They were criticizing his closing and his decision to stick to emotional appeal rather than facts. To me it's interesting to see this. During trial Panish was portrayed as this perfect lawyer that could do no wrong. So it is interested to see that after a time people can reflect back and point out shortcomings and/or mistakes.

Ivy but ^^don't they see that if he stuck to FACTS, that he would not have a case either? If they think because he abandoned facts, and focused on emotion he lost, they are missing a big point. Panish had to bring in facts to support the claims and there are none. The only thing that worked was that oral contract, and based on that, Muarry was hired, but where are the facts for the other components? Where could he find facts that AEG could have known what went on the the bedroom; where are the facts that Muarry was not fit for general medicine, etc.

I agree though that he focused too much on that emotional strategy, and it was obvious from the beginning that he was doing that. Now the fans just realize it served no purpose or maybe they are just in that mode where you blame the other person after things did not turn out your way.

Ivy Talking about emotion, where do we fit those who are upset that some AEG staff talked bad about Michael or treated their Star badly, so they now agree that AEG was liable for Michael's death? Are you going to place them in the "common enemy" category?

I read comments from so called fans calling MJ's kids "white , tube-produced experiment" dumped on the poor elderly Katherine , the poor woman who has to put up with their shit all the time, the uncles who were left out of the will but are expected to take care of the tube-produced kids and keep silent about them stressing their mom and killing her

where does this category of fans belong ? mind you they went after MJ also after Prince comment on certain family members .

Gerryevans, you are suggesting using propofol as a sleep aid is not general care however; the method to help Michael sleep is hindsight. Many here said a general care doctor can assist with sleep issues. AEG conceded that the doctor was unfitness or incompetency did cause harm to Michael and the plaintiffs. It was the jurors who found the killer fit and competent and they stated their reasons pubically.

Gerryevans, Serendipity, the jurors admitted in their affidavits five months of evidence were heard but, not reviewed during deliberations. I can only assume evidence was remembered. There is no need for me to fabricate testimony. Phillips and Gongaware both could not recall if the doctor was there to treat Michael’s sleep issues. Fact.

Last Tear, twist and spin as you like. The fact remains: AEG conceded to question four. The plaintiffs did not concede to question two. Again, the judge allowed both lawyers to express their views on question two to the jurors. The majority of jurors agreed with Putnam’s view. Many jurors and many here were confused about timing regarding question two. I am not fabricating that. You can go and review those posts and the jurors’ interviews after the verdict for yourself.

serendipity;3954732 said:
I'm sure. It's just that Katherine played all clueless about it.

If that is what you want to believe.

To prove the hiring was negligent the plaintiffs had to show AEG did know about MJ's drug issues, no? So they DID bring up the drug issues first -- Karen Faye and others testified for the plaintiffs about MJ's drug issues, no? They wanted to show MJ was a knows addict. And this happened before AEG responded with the opposite - that he was a secretive addict. So the plaintiffs did bring the drug issues first, it's a fact and there's no denying it. AEG didn't deflect, they simply responded to what the Jacksons brought up first.

Review the testimonies. The plaintiffs maintained they would not deny Michael’s issues and that others knew as well; there were no secrets as those witnesses testified to. AEG continued to plead ignorance to those issues and used the medical records the doctor retrieved for insurance purposes to detail Michael’s secretive addiction.

Repeating the plaintiffs did it first is not substantial; look deeper. What “dirty” details did you learn from the plaintiffs’ witnesses about Michael’s medical past compared to the defense? Be honest.

Ivy, I am aware other fans are boundless however, that did not extend to the jurors. Again, any potential crisis has been averted and in the defense’s favor.

ivy;3954812 said:
I'm not going to argue about this as it was one of the questions in the case and everyone would come to their own conclusions in regards to what to believe.

An honest response with no spin to benefit the defense. Thank you.

So you see what I'm trying to say just because Murray had debt wouldn't necessarily make him unfit for the job and just because some other doctor could be rich,successful doesn't mean they won't do questionable stuff.

Apologies, but, your response is spin. You and other posters actually suggested the plaintiffs cast aspersions on everyone who currently carried debt because that is what AEG lawyers said before trial began. Their statement was a purposeful generalization done to induce fear. The plaintiffs always referred to one, individual doctor who killed the person the plaintiffs lost, including the HR expert.

There are fans that did not support either side in the civil trial, did not follow the civil trial and did not follow the criminal trial as they prefer not to deal with Michael’s passing in a legal manner.

I find it interesting that you seem to encourage minimization and derision of the efforts of these fans only because they did not support the view you approved of and/or believed. As I remember, you were in the civil trial subforum creating the daily summaries, using contributions from members here to purchase transcripts that you summarized, and responded almost daily to posts where you believed the defense was not supported and I never saw any poster who supported the plaintiffs attempt to minimize your efforts or deride your beliefs.

That article you posted is actually derisive of Michael Jackson fans. Many in the media saw Michael and his fans as a whole in less than favorable terms. This article discussed how some of Michael’s fans, in the author's view, deified him and may have deified his mother. Let us put this article into context as it was not simply about fans who supported the plaintiffs being less than sane as the title suggests. Please do not skip the part of the article that summarized 3 decades of Michael’s career this way:

For nearly 30 years, Jackson was a force of raw star power and goodwill, a boy prodigy who became the single most famous entertainer in the world. All the while, he seemed almost unbelievably gentle and benevolent, with awe-inspiring displays of philanthropy and songs such as "We Are the World" and "Heal the World."

But in 1993, the father of a 13-year-old boy accused Jackson of child molestation.

What followed were more hits, increasingly vicious tabloid articles and more child-molestation allegations that led to his arrest, trial and eventual 2005 acquittal.

The public seemed to convict him. Jackson died in 2009 of a drug overdose as he prepared for an AEG-produced series of 50 London concerts dubbed "This Is It."

ivy;3954914 said:
3. That [name of employee]’s [unfitness/ [or] incompetence] harmed [name of plaintiff];

Ivy, Krizkil, I appreciate the clarity, however, what you both fail to realize is that the defense CONCEDED to question four which would be the third element requoted above. When one element is subtracted from four, it will always leave three.

Last edited:

I find it interesting that you seem to encourage minimization and derision of the efforts of these fans only because they did not support the view you approved of and/or believed. As I remember, you were in the civil trial subforum creating the daily summaries, using contributions from members here to purchase transcripts that you summarized, and responded almost daily to posts where you believed the defense was not supported and I never saw any poster who supported the plaintiffs attempt to minimize your efforts or deride your beliefs.

just this part for the time being

I did not "encourage minimization and derision of the efforts of these fans". At no time I commented about their efforts - either positively or negatively. I mentioned attending the trial meant to be pro-jackson, the T-shirts some of them wore plus my classification of support towards Jacksons. I also mentioned perhaps the Tshirts was the reason for the media to call fans as groupies, at no time I said I agreed /disagreed with the article.

It is a fact that all (or majority as you call it) of the fans attended the trial were pro-jackson. You mentioned this before I did so I'll assume you'll agree to that. It is also a fact that they wore team Katherine Jackson t-shirts and I think they are proud about it so I don't see why writing that should be problematic at all. Regardless of whether any of us agree or not, it's also fact that one or more articles were written about these fans - you also mentioned before as "fans that media showcased". My classification of the Jackson support included legit long term Jackson fan classification as well and I never made any claim about who fits into which category. So anyone can look to it and say "I fall under the legit Jackson fan category". If they get offended that would mean they consider themselves to be not legit.

As for what I did during trial is what I volunteer to do here. I provide information about all - let me repeat ALL- of the lawsuits at MJJC. It's not limited to AEG trial. I reported extensively about HTWF trial, organized a 20+ person team for Murray criminal trial and I regularly update any and all cases and I will continue to do so. So my interest isn't limited to AEG trial and what I think in regards to any case doesn't matter. I report regardless.

and to the most hilariously hypocritical part of your post

I never saw any poster who supported the plaintiffs attempt to minimize your efforts or deride your beliefs.

even just your above post includes the accusation of I "spin to benefit the defense" that alone is deriding my beliefs. I guess you forgot but I did not forgot that you and a few other members also hinted I was impersonating a juror and posting as juror#27 here. Also I have been called an AEG plant and so on -and you do that too with hinting over and over. Also the above fan group mentioned actively campaigned before the trial to get fans to not follow me/mjjc. Also very recently we had the event of people wanting/using the documents I post with no credit or thanks and even insulting/accusing us during the process. Even when they thank, it's not genuine and accompanied by accusations. So please spare me the hypocrisy of claiming you haven't seen anyone to minimize my efforts or deride my beliefs. Not only it has been done to me continuously but also you are one of the champions of doing it.

Ivy, Krizkil, I appreciate the clarity, however, what you both fail to realize is that the defense CONCEDED to question four which would be the third element requoted above. When one element is subtracted from four, it will always leave three.

Well, apparently it's still not clear. In math yes 4 - 1 = 3....but this is law and under CA law, ALL 4 elements are interconnected and required to prove the tort of negligent hiring, supervision or retention. There's no failure on my part to realize anything with regard to Q #4 as AEG agreeing Murray harmed MJ --knowledge gleaned from a criminal trial -- isn't a "concession" on their part of any liability.

Last edited:

If I post about something from my perspective then that is twisting and spinning? Ok, anywho, people can be as confused as they like regarding timing, it makes no difference to the question anyway and I don't know why you keep focus on it.

Tygger;3955551 said:
Gerryevans, you are suggesting using propofol as a sleep aid is not general care however; the method to help Michael sleep is hindsight. Many here said a general care doctor can assist with sleep issues. AEG conceded that the doctor was unfitness or incompetency did cause harm to Michael and the plaintiffs. It was the jurors who found the killer fit and competent and they stated their reasons pubically.

Gerryevans, Serendipity, the jurors admitted in their affidavits five months of evidence were heard but, not reviewed during deliberations. I can only assume evidence was remembered. There is no need for me to fabricate testimony. Phillips and Gongaware both could not recall if the doctor was there to treat Michael’s sleep issues. Fact.

Nobody said you are fabricating testimony. Why do you keep repeating it? The fact still remains that administering anesthesia is something completely different from general care of a sleep issue. So Murray was fit for general care.

If that is what you want to believe.

I'm going by her own testimony.

Review the testimonies. The plaintiffs maintained they would not deny Michael’s issues and that others knew as well; there were no secrets as those witnesses testified to. AEG continued to plead ignorance to those issues and used the medical records the doctor retrieved for insurance purposes to detail Michael’s secretive addiction.

Repeating the plaintiffs did it first is not substantial; look deeper. What “dirty” details did you learn from the plaintiffs’ witnesses about Michael’s medical past compared to the defense? Be honest.

So you do admit the plaintiffs brought the drug issues first right? That's what I was saying! They first said "no secrets, he was a known addict"! AEG's response was naturally the opposite - "nope, he was a secretive addict".

There were no "dirty" details -- MJ just got his most private stuff splashed and nitpicked all over the globe! His medical issues was one of the very few things he kept private vigorously! And in addition to this, the "drug addict" label got even more cemented after this trial.

So, my point is simple - if the Jacksons didn't bring it up, AEG wouldn't have brought it up. No trial, no medical docs being exposed. Simple as that!

ivy;3955562 said:
even just your above post includes the accusation of I "spin to benefit the defense" that alone is deriding my beliefs. I guess you forgot but I did not forgot that you and a few other members also hinted I was impersonating a juror and posting as juror#27 here. Also I have been called an AEG plant and so on -and you do that too with hinting over and over. Also the above fan group mentioned actively campaigned before the trial to get fans to not follow me/mjjc. Also very recently we had the event of people wanting/using the documents I post with no credit or thanks and even insulting/accusing us during the process. Even when they thank, it's not genuine and accompanied by accusations. So please spare me the hypocrisy of claiming you haven't seen anyone to minimize my efforts or deride my beliefs. Not only it has been done to me continuously but also you are one of the champions of doing it.

Your view is the majority view here and it seems it was not enough. Why did it upset you when I said my views were shared by others and they may be the majority outside of this subforum? You sought to ridicule those people and maybe in turn me. From my view it failed. If it did not, you would not respond the way you did.

Read my post clearly. I said "poster" which implied posters here. You lost control for your own reasons and ran with that comment to places you always go when responding to me and only you know why.

Your accusations towards me have always been and always will be utterly baseless as you never support your "phantom deeds" lists with ANY proof. As others have said here, I will wait for your "receipts."

Krizkil, I was not aware 4-1=3 in mathematics but, not in law! Question please: where is this information that the defense conceded to question four because of “knowledge gleaned from a criminal trial?” Please remember some of the witnesses from the criminal trial were witnesses in the civil trial as well. Please also remember the defense did not concede to question four until a brief time before closing statements. The plaintiffs did show it was more than likely the doctor’s unfitness or incompetence harmed Michael and the plaintiffs to a level the defense felt the jury did not need to deliberate on that question.

I never suggested concession equated to liability. Liability would only happen if the other three elements were satisfied.

Last Tear, you can state you feel the plaintiffs conceded to question two however; it does not make it true. You attempted to state it as fact when they simply did not. I appreciate that you admit there may have been confusion with question two regarding timing as it is evident from the jurors’ own interviews after the verdict and the posts in this subforum. It is one of the issues the plaintiffs referred to in their motion for a new trial and will most likely appear in their appeal lest you forgot.

serendipity;3955698 said:
So Murray was fit for general care.

This means he was fit to treat sleep issues. The treatment was hindsight.

I'm going by her own testimony.

Again, if that is what you want to believe.

Serendipity, I will repeat: the plaintiffs always maintained Michael had issues and that they were known. AEG stated Michael was secretive and yes they did reveal the more “media-worthy” and “dirty” tidbits such as the narcan implants, Michael’s private conversations with doctors and other medical professionals, and passing out in front of his children at Disneyland (without context) to name a few. If you compare the plaintiffs’ witnesses to the defenses’ witnesses who testified to Michael’s medical history you might see the distinct difference. If you do not, it is your choice.

Last edited:

This means he was fit to treat sleep issues. The treatment was hindsight.

Like smacking your head against a brick wall until you get a concussion.

In any event, hope you have a great day, Tygger, and all of MJJC.

gerryevans

@Tygger

just answer me this : why do you hang out at MJJC if majority of the people outside MJJC shares your opinion? Wouldn't that be a better group of people to spend time with as all of you will agree and get along? It looks like you strongly identify with them as you got offended for them or thought that they represent you somehow that anything said about them reflects on you.

Why are you on MJJC in the first place or still here when you said you wouldn't be after verdict? Do you like confrontation? Do you take some sort of pleasure from disagreeing with people? Or this is some sort of clever trolling that you aim to create a not so nice environment at our threads as your posts tends to derail threads or eventually those threads require moderator action? Is this trying to get people think like you especially based on you continuously repeating the same things over and over and over?

I mean I personally cannot even imagine coming here if I were you. For example there are blogs that disagree with me and mention me but I'll never ever comment there. Not only I would prefer to spend time with people I love and get along with (aka MJJC) but experiences have taught me that not to spend time with arguing with people or even trying to reason with them when they already have made up their minds, I see that as futile. Internet is big and there are many fan groups/fansites/fbsites/blogs with different opinions so it's not like being on MJJC is required. So I'm genuinely curious.

As for the rest of your post : I won't get into a tit and tat with you. It's not a bit surprising that you would disagree with me and act like a perfect angel while shifting the blame on to others but none of my posts is aimed to get you agree with me. I know that is futile so is continuing to discuss it with you as I believe it is impossible to come to a mutual understanding. I already said my piece and I believe that everyone already knows what everyone posted here and decide who to agree with.

@Tygger
Last Tear, you can state you feel the plaintiffs conceded to question two however; it does not make it true. You attempted to state it as fact when they simply did not. I appreciate that you admit there may have been confusion with question two regarding timing as it is evident from the jurors’ own interviews after the verdict and the posts in this subforum. It is one of the issues the plaintiffs referred to in their motion for a new trial and will most likely appear in their appeal lest you forgot.

lets try this a different way.

You said you were surprised that AEG conceded to question 4. What exactly do you mean by that?

I acknowledge that that there was some confusion over the timing issue. But I repeat yet again that timing is not an issue whatsoever with that question, so even they looked at it from the perspective that it covered at any time, it shouldn't make any difference because it's still not the question.

It’s pitiful but slightly amusing to see how persistent some are at continuing to beat the same old dead horse in order to prove the Jackson lawsuit had validity. Still trying to prove the J’s didn’t throw Michael’s privacy and dignity to the wolves for cash. I’m tempted to call PETA to stop the abuse of the poor dead beast!

ivy;3955982 said:
@Tygger

just answer me this : why do you hang out at MJJC if majority of the people outside MJJC shares your opinion? Wouldn't that be a better group of people to spend time with as all of you will agree and get along? It looks like you strongly identify with them as you got offended for them or thought that they represent you somehow that anything said about them reflects on you.

Waving hand frantically, I know why…I know…

IMO,of course…hope it’s okay to offer…

It’s because regardless of opinion, MJJC is a very active board and has some of the most articulate members of any community, be it about MJ or any subject matter. If you do just like to debate or just argue (and some do), this is the place, even if it means presenting the same viewpoint again and again and having it countered again and again. You can find someone here to engage. Be it about the most important to the unimportant. (Gold pants versus Jeans. I don’t care what anybody says, Gold pants win.)

MJJC also provides substantive information, documentation and facts that can’t be found anywhere else regarding the gifted one. Additionally, it has you, who provides and puts legalese and other sometimes confusing as heck information into concise comprehensible language.

MJ has been gone nearly five years (which is still hard to even accept for this fan), but there is no board comparable for a diehard Michael Jackson fan, which should never be confused with being a Katherine, Janet, Jermaine, or any other named Jackson fan. That’s a distinction that should NEVER be forgotten.

Just think, it was our board which Juror#27 graced with insights and knowledge about the civil trial.

I repeat…there’s no MJ board like the MJJC board. That’s why. Again I.M.O.

gerryevans;3956032 said:
Waving hand frantically, I know why…I know…

IMO,of course…hope it’s okay to offer…

It’s because regardless of opinion, MJJC is a very active board and has some of the most articulate members of any community, be it about MJ or any subject matter. If you do just like to debate or just argue (and some do), this is the place, even if it means presenting the same viewpoint again and again and having it countered again and again. You can find someone here to engage. Be it about the most important to the unimportant. (Gold pants versus Jeans. I don’t care what anybody says, Gold pants win.)

MJJC also provides substantive information, documentation and facts that can’t be found anywhere else regarding the gifted one. Additionally, it has you, who provides and puts legalese and other sometimes confusing as heck information into concise comprehensible language.

MJ has been gone nearly five years (which is still hard to even accept for this fan), but there is no board comparable for a diehard Michael Jackson fan, which should never be confused with being a Katherine, Janet, Jermaine, or any other named Jackson fan. That’s a distinction that should NEVER be forgotten.

Just think, it was our board which Juror#27 graced with insights and knowledge about the civil trial.

I repeat…there’s no MJ board like the MJJC board. That’s why. Again I.M.O.

And don’t forget the distinguished Dr. Steven Shafer professor of anesthesiology at Stanford and Columbia universities. What an honor to our forum he gave us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back