KJ vs AEG Trial outcome : Possible Appeal [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: KJ vs AEG Trial outcome : Possible appeal

Somebody asked this from Anthony:

Anthony McCartney ?@mccartneyAP 20h
Possibly. RT @Honeytania: Does this mean, if Phillips and Gongaware would be added to the case again, there would be a new trial?

Re: KJ vs AEG Trial outcome : Possible appeal

Anthony McCartney ?@mccartneyAP 20h
Possibly. RT @Honeytania: Does this mean, if Phillips and Gongaware would be added to the case again, there would be a new trial?

[youtube]fisXRmdTR54[/youtube]

Re: KJ vs AEG Trial outcome : Appeal

Please, can someone answer this.

If the jurors already answered the first question and found AEG hired Conrad, how keeping RP & Gongaware would affect the outcome of the trial since the second question was about finding Conrad competent, or they want to go after those two as individuals later?

I don't know Wendy W but she is spot on with her assessment, especially what she says about PPB constantly have to face, hear and reminded of things that they shouldn't.

Check this from 5:40

Last edited:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Katherine and her lawyers say that they actually offered for Phillips and Gongaware to be dismissed (but supposedly AEG refused)?

Were they lying in trying to downplay the dismissal or are they grasping at straws now? Or maybe both. Lol

Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

Ivy,

Is it true that Katherine wants another shot at AEG?

According to TMZ, documents have been filed:

Katherine Jackson wants a do-over in her fight against AEG -- TMZ has learned, she just filed docs asking for a new trial ... after the jury ruled in favor of the concert promoters back in October.

As we reported, AEG emerged victorious after Katherine sued the company for wrongful death, claiming AEG negligently hired Dr. Conrad Murray to care for Michael Jackson before his "This Is It" concert tour ... the same doctor who was ultimately convicted of killing the singer with a fatal dose of Propofol.

Katherine has now filed legal docs looking for a second chance to convince a jury AEG is to blame for MJ's death ... claiming she didn't get a fair shot the first time around.

Katherine lists a bunch of reasons for her claim in the docs ... including jury misconduct, new evidence, and general procedural errors.

A judge has yet to rule on Katherine's request ... but she's definitely facing an uphill battle

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>THIS JUST IN: Katherine Jackson petitions judge for new trial against AEG in death of Michael Jackson</p>&mdash; ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) <a href="https://twitter.com/ABC7/statuses/408031974431797248">December 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Excellent! I hope they will be successful in their petition.

Alan Duke ?@AlanDukeCNN
Katherine Jackson lawyers notify the court they will argue for a new trial against AEG Live.

Last edited:

If they don't have new evidence this doesn't make much sense to me.

The new trial will ONLY be possible if there were material errors in the first trial. and they were none.

KJ should just tell her lawyers to go home and sleep. all these attempts to steal billions of dollars from AEG will lead her nowhere.

Alan Duke ?@AlanDukeCNN
Katherine Jackson lawyers notify the court they will argue for a new trial against AEG Live.

What happen to "it is not about the money"?

KJ should just tell her lawyers to go home and sleep. all these attempts to steal billions of dollars from AEG will lead her nowhere.

or her lawyers should tell her to go home and sleep.

2/02/2013 Memorandum of Costs ($1,217,684.66 )
Filed by Attorney for Deft/Respnt

12/02/2013 Miscellaneous-Other ( DEFENDANTS AEG LIVE, LLC, AEG LIVE PRODUCTIONS, LLC, BRANDON PHILLIPS, AND PAUL GONGAWARE'S RESERVATION OF RIGHT TO SUPPLEMENT MEMORANDUM OF COSTS)
Filed by Attorney for Deft/Respnt

This is not the legal costs for Putnam's law firm?
I assume there is a good few millions of legal costs, which they are not going to pay.

Hopefully that bill doesn't find its way to the estate.

No doubt it will as the kids were made plaintiffs the families reasoning will be that they can pay

Kids GAL should step in to stop this lunacy, and as KJ testified, she didn't consult kids before she filed AEG lawsuit, so the estate should not be made pay this craziness.
------------------------

Does anyone know when would judge decide whether there is grounds for new trial?

Last edited:
Looks like the cubs are desperately pulling at Katherine&#8217;s nipples to try again because they know time is running out for them to score big. Problem is that they have already lost so it&#8217;s time to be weaned from mommy&#8217;s milk chaps. :baby:

So her son being dragged and her grand daughter trying to kill herself wasn't enough for Katherine to stop chasing after the big bucks. Not that I'm surprised, but....... what a disgrace is this family. Poor Mike, they won't let him rest.

Just a waste of MJ's money.......

Not shocked.. This is not about justice, it's about money.

This was expected. Even before the verdict I told you that there would be appeals. This was a multi-billion dollar lawsuit. No one is going to walk away from that without a fight. and they are appealing anything and everything possible. We will wait and see if it will be successful. But as TMZ wrote and as the statistics show chances of a successful appeal is around 20%. so it will be an uphill battle for Jacksons.

I'll post the documents as soon as they scanned and posted on the court system.

serendipity;3935749 said:
So her son being dragged and her grand daughter trying to kill herself wasn't enough for Katherine to stop chasing after the big bucks. Not that I'm surprised, but....... what a disgrace is this family. Poor Mike, they won't let him rest.

She doesn't care, This is her take of MJ:
&#8216;Michael&#8217;s sleeping now and I know he&#8217;s not conscious of anything.&#8217;

It keeps amazing me that how much effort this so called "family" put on this AEG lawsuit, but CM and Wade R are free to roam. Pity they don't have money, "family" would be like jackals after them.

Last edited:

Yip, expected. I will be interested in the grounds they've come up with for the appeal. Probably everything but the kitchen sink will be thrown at the wall to see what sticks.

The juror misconduct angle, if accurate, is especially intriguing. (Misconduct = didn't rule in my favor.)

Katherine Jackson wants another shot at AEG lawsuit; gives &#8216;notice of intent&#8217; for new trial
The Jackson matriarch is seeking another trial in the case against AEG Live over the death of Michael Jackson, citing possibe jury misconduct, her lawyer said.

BY NANCY DILLON / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Michael Jackson&#8217;s mother wants another crack at concert promoter AEG Live.
Katherine Jackson filed paperwork on Monday to provide her &#8220;notice of intent&#8221; to ask for a new trial in the wrongful death case she lost in October.
Her lawyers cited possible jury misconduct and newly discovered evidence in the short filing.

"(Asking for a) new trial is the first step before appeal," Katherine's lawyer Brian Panish told the Daily News in a text Tuesday.

The legal maneuvering came as lawyers for AEG Live filed their own papers demanding that Katherine's side pay $1.2 million in costs since they brought the jury rejected her request for upwards of $1 billion in damages following a costly five month trial.

"It is tragic that plaintiffs refuse to accept the jury's verdict and move on from this baseless lawsuit," AEG Live's lawyer Marvin Putnam said in a statement to the Daily News. "As the world knows, Michael Jackson provided handsomely for his children and his mother in his will. Clearly this lawsuit was not originally brought-nor is it now being done-to meet their needs. It is time to let these children move on from this tragedy so they can properly recover from the loss of their father."
Putnam said the King of Pop was responsible for his own health and "demanded" that his personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, join him on his ill-fated "This Is It" tour.
"Jackson even demanded the drug that killed him-a drug he had abused for decades," Putnam said Tuesday, referring to the surgery-strength anesthetic propofol.

"Jackson ignored several doctors who told him taking propofol for sleep could kill him. AEG Live had absolutely no knowledge of what Jackson was doing in his bedroom at night with his personal physician. And as the jury found, AEG Live could in no way be held responsible for Mr. Jackson's death."
He said a retrial would be a waste of time and money.
"Taxpayers have already spent a fortune paying for the judicial resources for a five month jury trial so that Katherine Jackson could bring this lawsuit and try to get more money," Putnam said.
"The jury has spoken. And the jury got it right. AEG Live is confident that the Court will reject plaintiffs' attempt to start all over again."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...new-aeg-trial-article-1.1536930#ixzz2mW0qsSt1

So Katherine wants to go after AEG again? I'm not surprised. But it doesn't make this any less ridiculous, in my opinion. What makes her think this is a good idea when the last AEG trial didn't help her (or Michael especially) at all?

Last edited:

all they have is what one juror said on this board AFTER the jury reached a verdict. Pure desperation.

No wonder they were dead silent on Murray. They probably hope he would help them get the billions they dream of.

I just had a thought what if that new evidence is Murray? Why not the estate has shut him down? What if he did say ok I will help

yes that's why they are asking for a new trial . They want to introduce Murray. In an appeal Murray won't be able to testify .

I was reading that juror misconduct was about when one "family" fanatic saw juror flirting with defense attorney and made Panish and co aware of this alleged flirting. I assume everybody knows this fanatic I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back