Kravitz Announces Duet Song With MJ Samples, on New Album

Re: Kravitz Announces Duet with MJ on New Album

So nobody has the song? Please share mp3 or youtube rip or anything. I can not buy it or download it because I live where I live.

I don't have a way to share it here but if your main draw is MJ there's no point in listening to it, just some hoos probably left over from Another Day.

On this topic, I find it really weird he'd use vocals recorded for another song that was never finished to finish a song he created years after the fact. I don't know why, it just weirds me out. It's not the same as sampling imo.

Last edited:

On this topic, I find it really weird he'd use vocals recorded for another song that was never finished to finish a song he created years after the fact. I don't know why, it just weirds me out. It's not the same as sampling imo.
The song itself I think is very good, but I agree about the MJ "hoos", they sound very out of place and certainly random.

I don't have a way to share it here but if your main draw is MJ there's no point in listening to it, just some hoos probably left over from Another Day.

Agreed. One would have to like Lenny Kravitz's work, too, which I do, so yay for me! :)

I love the song, but certainly not a duet. I actually think it sounds quite cool with the random hooo's in it though!

6x Whooo
1x Whoo-hoo

No other MJ "background" vocals than that.
Probably taken from the "Another Day" sessions.

I love Lenny Kravitz's music. It's awesome that he collaborated with Michael on another track.

I'm holding off until I buy Lenny's album. I have all the other ones. But I can't wait to hear Michael! :)

I love Lenny Kravitz's music. It's awesome that he collaborated with Michael on another track.

I'm holding off until I buy Lenny's album. I have all the other ones. But I can't wait to hear Michael! :)

It's just some hoos copied from Another Day.

SmoothGangsta;4222704 said:
It's just some hoos copied from Another Day.

Has it been verified that it is just the Hoos? I’ve listened to the song 5-6 times and the background chorus sounds as if it could be Michael. I don’t know for sure. Btw, I like the groove of this song. It’s contagious.

I just looked at info listed under the “Low” video on You Tube and it said background vocals by Michael Jackson. Listen to song closely and you can tell it is Michael. It is not a duet, Michael is doing background vocals. I loved the song, the first time I heard it .

Last edited:
somewhereinthedark;4222707 said:
Has it been verified that it is just the Hoos? I’ve listened to the song 5-6 times and the background chorus sounds as if it could be Michael. I don’t know for sure. Btw, I like the groove of this song. It’s contagious.

I don't hear MJ at all. Just the hoos. I feel like people are hearing what they want to hear haha.

Maybe some people are not hearing Michael because they expect him to sound only like the hoos. I listened to the chorus closely and it sounds like Michael in the chorus. Btw, according to the recording info under the video on You Tube, Michael is listed as singing the background vocals. The info didn’t just state that the “whoo hoos” were Michael doing ad libs, it stated-“background vocals: Michael Jackson”. IMO, Lenny wouldn’t allow record company to say “background vocals”, if it were only the “whoo” “hooo” ad libs. I love the song!

SmoothGangsta;4222709 said:
I don't hear MJ at all. Just the hoos. I feel like people are hearing what they want to hear haha.

Yeah, maybe some people don’t hear Michael in the chorus because they are only focused on the “whoos”. Btw, I believe these were added to the song for effect and to let us know that it IS Michael singing on the chorus.

somewhereinthedark;4222714 said:
IMO, these hoos don’t sound the same as the ones in “Another Day”.

It's not the same but imo they are leftovers from that session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Focus on the background vocals in the chorus-it’s Michael- and the words and melody are hypnotic, smooth, sexy and have that Off The Wall vibe. This song can be a dance floor hit. I am totally loving it.

Chorus with Michael’s vocals: “Don’t lift me up to tear me down, I just want a lover...”

Where would lenny get these new vocals from? Hoos can definitely be listed as background vocals.

I think there's a possibility Michael Jackson is singing the background in the chorus. Cause I do remember Michael Jackson sang background vocals for the song What A Fool Believes by the Doobie Brothers and I also could not recognize his voice in that one. I can easily think Lenny used some vocals from a recording session and made a whole new song around it. The song is fire all the same, though the last hoo makes me laugh real hard, cause I find it a little out of place.

well there would be no reason to say Michael was on the album if he was not... Aside from publicity of course! He would not do that though because of the negative publicity that would fallow.. Mike has to be on here, but he never said to what extent he's on there.. For all we know it's just the "Woo's" or possibly the falsetto (which sounds like Kravitz to me) could have a layer of Michael singing along - IDK.

Pretty cool song, I wish Michael went back to this Off The Wall type sound. Funky stuff.

Listened to it a couple of times and thought it was a pretty good track.

Divinity;4222770 said:
Listened to it a couple of times and thought it was a pretty good track.

I agree, too bad I can’t hear MJ besides the “hooo”

IMWhizzle;4222771 said:
I agree, too bad I can’t hear MJ besides the “hooo”

Figured that the samples were simply the "Hoo"'s. Regardless, it's still a good track.

Back