La Toya Jackson: Prince Is a Good Kid

Ashtanga

Proud Member
Don't believe everything you read. Despite recent reports that 16-year-old Prince Jackson is rebelling against his family, his aunt La Toya Jackson tells PEOPLE he's doing great.

"He's really great. He's a good kid. He makes wonderful grades," she said Tuesday night at her debut in the off-Broadway showNEWSical.

Jackson, 57, who has been a mentor to Prince since his father's death in 2009, says the teen still wants to become a director.

"He knows that's what he wants to do. He was doing it with his dad, and I'm so happy and proud for him – let them do what they want and choose to do," she said.

La Toya, who is currently filming the second season of her OWN reality show Life with La Toya, says she's better able to deal with reports about her family after Michael's death.

"I don't read the tabloids because to me negative things are bad. I stay away from it because they've always said so many things about my family," she said. "The most misconception is that we're all insane – and we're just normal people, like everybody else."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20731198,00.html

In red >>>>
angfw5.gif

Okay. Wasn't it a family source who gave information about Prince. She should deal with all the friends her family talk to about Michael's children. She should tell them not to talk about Jacksons to the press for money. Now that the girl's mom defended Prince, we have Latoya saying Prince is a good kid. I know Stacey makes up stories, but some of the family sources running to all the rags are getting dirt from Jacksons. Jacksons need to deal with these people.

Can they go ten minutes without having to do an interview or unleashing all over twitter??? :unsure:

I don't think there is any harm in what she said.

The Jacksons will never have total control over what people are going to do and say for money, just like Michael didn't. I didn't read anything bad about Prince so I don't know who is saying what, but if something negative was said I think it's good that she said this. Better to address it then just letting people go nuts with their imaginations and elaborations.

Lark

She has to keep in jrs good books. make it look like she cares

These comments about Prince were made a long time ago, so why is Latoya waiting till now to come forward and say something in defense of Prince? Maybe because the source is someone they know.

LaToya is doing it for publicity...

Reality star and singer La Toya Jackson joins off-Broadway’s NEWSical the Musical on September 3. She leads the production as the latest guest star for one week only at the Kirk Theatre.

The fifth child of the world-famous Jackson family, Jackson has released a slew of Billboard charting songs, including “Just Wanna Dance” and “Free the World.” She has also been featured on several reality television shows, including RuPaul’s Drag Race, Celebrity Apprentice and America’s Next Top Model. Jackson currently stars on her own reality show on the Oprah Winfrey Network, Life with La Toya.

NEWSical the Musical is the forever changing, completely un-sanitized musical mockery of all the news that’s fit to spoof. From Honey Boo Boo to Paula Deen, Andrew Weiner to A-Rod, marriage equality to Kim and Kanye’s baby North West, NEWSical sets all of today’s biggest pop culture headlines to music.

Created by Rick Crom and directed by Mark Waldrop, NEWSical also stars Christine Pedi, Michael West, David Foley Jr., Susan Mosher, Kristen Mengelkoch and Dylan H. Thompson. Jackson is the latest on a growing roster of stars to lead NEWSical. Within the last year, the show welcomed guest headliners Perez Hilton, Tony nominee Andrea McArdle, Cheri Oteri and Emmy winners Carson Kressley and Jackee Harry.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/171507...r-limited-engagement-in-newsical-the-musical/

latoya8.jpg

She will do this musical for one week only it seems. This must be a funny show, since they are focusing on gossip from the papers. Good that she is working, so Jermaine can get some money help from her.

Ooooh, I just read the description of this show and it sounds horrible-tabloid news stuff set to music? Yuk. I guess it will make a good episode of the reality show, though. And in my opinion, it would be hard for LaToya to tell anybody in her family not to tell "stories" for money, given her past history.

AliCat;3898816 said:
LaToya is doing it for publicity...

Reality star and singer La Toya Jackson joins off-Broadway’s NEWSical the Musical on September 3. She leads the production as the latest guest star for one week only at the Kirk Theatre.

The fifth child of the world-famous Jackson family, Jackson has released a slew of Billboard charting songs, including “Just Wanna Dance” and “Free the World.” She has also been featured on several reality television shows, including RuPaul’s Drag Race, Celebrity Apprentice and America’s Next Top Model. Jackson currently stars on her own reality show on the Oprah Winfrey Network, Life with La Toya.

NEWSical the Musical is the forever changing, completely un-sanitized musical mockery of all the news that’s fit to spoof. From Honey Boo Boo to Paula Deen, Andrew Weiner to A-Rod, marriage equality to Kim and Kanye’s baby North West, NEWSical sets all of today’s biggest pop culture headlines to music.

Created by Rick Crom and directed by Mark Waldrop, NEWSical also stars Christine Pedi, Michael West, David Foley Jr., Susan Mosher, Kristen Mengelkoch and Dylan H. Thompson. Jackson is the latest on a growing roster of stars to lead NEWSical. Within the last year, the show welcomed guest headliners Perez Hilton, Tony nominee Andrea McArdle, Cheri Oteri and Emmy winners Carson Kressley and Jackee Harry.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/171507...r-limited-engagement-in-newsical-the-musical/

latoya8.jpg

:pth: :puke:

Ooooh, I just read the description of this show and it sounds horrible-tabloid news stuff set to music? Yuk. I guess it will make a good episode of the reality show, though. And in my opinion, it would be hard for LaToya to tell anybody in her family not to tell "stories" for money, given her past history.

LaToya is a wonderful woman. She is in a Great show on Broadway. The show is not about tabloid stuff, just real stories that were printed in a tabloid. Everyone will love it. Yes it will be a very good & wonderful episode of the reality show. LaToya does not tell stories for money. She does not have a history of that. She is a wonderful person. Everyone knows that.

^^ HUh ? LOL. A Tabloid Newsical suites her. I will never be endeared to Latoya, Her past and recent History is very revealing. She hasn't changed IMO

Is this deja vu or what?! I am laughing so much, between the Jermaine comments and now LaToya's!!!

tdy_klg_jackson_130906.vembedmed.jpg

http://www.today.com/klgandhoda/la-toya-jackson-stars-broadway-musical-8C11090320
Video: Actress and reality star La Toya Jackson tells Kathie Lee and Hoda about her role in the off-Broadway show “Newsical the Musical,” in which she spoofs Oprah Winfrey and Diana Ross. She also reflects on how quickly time has gone by since her legendary brother Michael passed away.

Michael's passing pumped new life into the dead careers of the Jackson's.

AliCat;3899854 said:
Is this deja vu or what?! I am laughing so much, between the Jermaine comments and now LaToya's!!!

tdy_klg_jackson_130906.vembedmed.jpg

http://www.today.com/klgandhoda/la-toya-jackson-stars-broadway-musical-8C11090320
Video: Actress and reality star La Toya Jackson tells Kathie Lee and Hoda about her role in the off-Broadway show “Newsical the Musical,” in which she spoofs Oprah Winfrey and Diana Ross. She also reflects on how quickly time has gone by since her legendary brother Michael passed away.

When she puts her lips together like that she reminds me of Michael. He has smiled like that a lot of times.

LaToya is a wonderful woman. She is in a Great show on Broadway. The show is not about tabloid stuff, just real stories that were printed in a tabloid. Everyone will love it. Yes it will be a very good & wonderful episode of the reality show. LaToya does not tell stories for money. She does not have a history of that. She is a wonderful person. Everyone knows that.

t7iucjjpg.gif

Hey Petra >
Awesome-Funny-GIFs-xSmoochie-michael-jackson-17306848-420-298.gif
>>> You're not serious right? :p :shock:

Back