Lady Gaga inspired by Michael for this year's Super Bowl

She is pretty awkward lol! I often crack a smile when I see her.. but a great performance!

Not a fan of Gaga's so I won't bother to check out her performance but it's nice to hear that she is inspired by MJ.

I don't like Gaga's music much but she put on a great show. The beginning when she did that air acrobatics thing - that reminded me of Pink though, that's her trademark.

BTW, every year right after the show people declare that show the best ever, then by next year they forget it and go back to referencing MJ's. LOL.

Of course, since then you have had more technically spectacular shows, that's only natural. Every year you have more fireworks, more pyrotechnics, more spectaculars and more dancers added, and by now they have 24 years of development compared to MJ's show, but the fact people still go back to his show and reference it tells it all about what effect it had.

That's exactly what i'm talking about! Of course now 24 years later it's easy to put on an even more extravagant show with more fireworks and giant horses coming up on stage etc etc. Also another thing that people never think about is that MJ did a day time show. Imagine his halftime show in the dark with beautiful lightning. Still his show is still #1 for me. With that being said, Lady Gaga was amazing! What an entertainer! I love it that she did it all by her self with no tacky guest apperances

Michaels superbowl half time is not the highest rated.. Yes there are reasons, it's just funny how we always have to justify any record of Michaels that is broken.. Yes its a different time, different platform, everything is different.. It's still not the highest rated! do I like it, no.. but it is what it is

Although I'm not a Gaga fan, I think she did a great job and I enjoyed it.

Michaels superbowl half time is not the highest rated.. Yes there are reasons, it's just funny how we always have to justify any record of Michaels that is broken.. Yes its a different time, different platform, everything is different.. It's still not the highest rated! do I like it, no.. but it is what it is

LOL.
I don't see anyone in here trying to justify anything.
All I've seen is a plain ole convo about her perfomance.
Of course MJ is going to be part of the convo since Gaga herself name dropped him in relation to the halftime show and always talks about how much he inspires her.

You in here trying look for people justifying stuff like
CzK9ldfUoAEeddk.jpg

but nobody is in here justifying anything.:lol:

I love how similar Gaga's outfit during this part of the performance is similar to Michael's in Rock With You :D

38kxeBX.jpg

I love how similar Gaga's outfit during this part of the performance is similar to Michael's in Rock With You :D

38kxeBX.jpg
Oh yeah.
I saw that in Twitter but never got around to posting it here.
There was one tweet that showed Beyonce's and Gaga's halftime outfits next to the MJ ones that inspired them and said that Michael was a culture.:)

On another note, I read somewhere that Taylor Swift is being considered for the next Halftime show.
If that's true then I just wonder what in the world she's going to do on stage other then sit and sing while she strums a guitar, or work the stage while she sings and strums a guitar.
AFAIK she can work a stage, but she can't really dance and put on a show/spectacle, and IMO the Halftime show is the time for an artist/entertainer to be extra.
It's about getting the audience hype, and going all out.
I neither like nor dislike Taylor, but when it comes to her doing a halftime show I just....

What do y'all think.
I still think Rihanna should do it.
IMO Kanye West wouldn't be bad either (although I'd still prefer Rihanna), but I think he needs to take things easy for a while.

Last edited:
Oh yeah.
I saw that in Twittposting ever got around to posting it here.
There was one tweet that showed Beyonce's and Gaga's halftime outfits next to the MJ ones that inspired them and said that Michael was a culture.:)

Same, which is what led me to post here.

And I love it! Two years in a row for the outfits :D

Pink Diamond Princess;4183334 said:
On another note, I read somewhere that Taylor Swift is being considered for the next Halftime show.
If that's true then I just wonder what in the world she's going to do on stage other then sit and sing while she strums a guitar, or work the stage while she sings and strums a guitar.
AFAIK she can work a stage, but she can't really dance and put on a show/spectacle, and IMO the Halftime show is the time for an artist/entertainer to be extra.
I neither like nor dislike Taylor, but when it comes to her doing a halftime show I just....

What do y'all think.
IMO Kanye West wouldn't be bad either (although I'd still prefer Rihanna), but I think he needs to take things easy for a while.

I haven't seen much of Taylor Swift performing, but she doesn't just play the guitar on stage. Here's her performing Shake It Off a few years back, I don't think she'd be as suited for the Superbowl either judging off this performance, she just sings and prances about mostly. There's dance moves here and there but they're not very captivating. Maybe she'd amp it up for the Superbowl, but I haven't a clue.

[video=youtube;_hfjcTbjSLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfjcTbjSLY[/video]

Rihanna would be cool. She's not as good as Beyoncé or Gaga live (I've seen all of them live myself) but she can still put on a solid show, so with the extra bedazzle of modern Superbowl shows I imagine she'd deliver a good show! Plus we can't forget that she has a great catalogue of hits.

Kanye West would be amazing, I'd love to see him do something and he's got a pretty great artistic mind too (On a side note, I hope he's ok atm).

Justin Bieber would be a fantastic choice and the one I'd be most keen to see, personally. He's continuing to be extremely successful and he's pretty good in concert, if he puts out an album towards the end of 2017 it'd be fantastic timing too.

Justin Timberlake by himself is another one I'd love to see, given how far he's come in his solo career since 2004 (unpopular opinion here I imagine).

Last edited:
michael bearden@MichaelBearden

Thinking of MJ So proud of the work LG has put in! Hope U ALL Enjoy! M~ #superbowl #musicdirector #producer #pepsi #halftime #GagaSuperBowl

C3xjrfWUEAAH992.jpg

HIStoric;4183337 said:
Rihanna would be cool. She's not as good as Beyoncé or Gaga live (I've seen all of them live myself) but she can still put on a solid show, so with the extra bedazzle of modern Superbowl shows I imagine she'd deliver a good show! Plus we can't forget that she has a great catalogue of hits.
Yeah she has hits on top of hits.
Pon De Replay, Umbrella, Sledgehammer, and Disturbia would be great at halftime just to name a few.

Kanye West would be amazing, I'd love to see him do something and he's got a pretty great artistic mind too (On a side note, I hope he's ok atm).
I hope he's okay too.

Justin Bieber would be a fantastic choice and the one I'd be most keen to see, personally. He's continuing to be extremely successful and he's pretty good in concert, if he puts out an album towards the end of 2017 it'd be fantastic timing too.

Justin Timberlake by himself is another one I'd love to see, given how far he's come in his solo career since 2004 (unpopular opinion here I imagine).
You know how I feel about those two, so yeah.:lol:

I think Panic at the Disco would be a really good for a halftime show.
Seeing them go all out performing Victorious with amazing visuals is enough for me to want them at halftime.
They could even do a reprise of Victorious at the end of the game.:D

Yeah she has hits on top of hits.
Pon De Replay, Umbrella, Sledgehammer, and Disturbia would be great at halftime just to name a few.

Definitely! Don't Stop the Music, Where Have You Been, We Found Love, California King Bed, S&M, FourFiveSeconds, Love The Way You Lie to name a few more (past two songs would be a good chance for Kanye/Sir Paul and Eminem to come out for their respective songs. Actually Eminem would be a good one too, he has a fantastic catalogue of hits).

You know how I feel about those two, so yeah.:lol:

:lol: I sure do.

I think Panic at the Disco would be a really good for a halftime show.
Seeing them go all out performing Victorious with amazing visuals is enough for me to want them at halftime.
They could even do a reprise of Victorious at the end of the game.:D

I'm not familiar with their work, but they performed in my country literally a week ago and I heard good things about them online.

Oh yeah.
I saw that in Twitter but never got around to posting it here.

What do y'all think.

Erm honey Taylor Swift doesn't just play the guitar on stage. I can say that because I'm a fan of hers who has watched plenty of her shows.

I'm not familiar with their work, but they performed in my country literally a week ago and I heard good things about them online.
OMG.
Listen to these when you get the chance (one is a cover of a Queen song it can't touch the original song, but it's really good nonetheless).

Erm honey Taylor Swift doesn't just play the guitar on stage. I can say that because I'm a fan of hers who has watched plenty of her shows.
Oh, okay that's nice.
Taylor isn't bad at all, but she's never really impressed me much.
I like You belong With Me though.
That's a good song.

Also, now I know this one is random, but I've always liked the idea of Weird Al doing a halftime show.:lol:

Last edited:
Oh, okay that's nice.
Taylor isn't bad at all, but she's never really impressed me much.
I like You belong With Me though.
That's a good song.

Also, now I know this one is random, but I've always liked the idea of Weird Al doing a halftime show.:lol:

Wierd Al would be cool.

Roman | Lady Gaga ?@MisterBroRo 7. Feb.

#PepsiHalftime headliner #27 congratulating #51.

Illustration of Michael Jackson and Lady Gaga, #SuperBowl class of 1993 and 2017. #SB51

C4FGYliWMAEXD_N.jpg

That really is cute. Saw it on Facebook too. Hope somebody sent it to her-I think she'd like it.

Back