Lady Gaga wears MJ outfit at Hillary Clinton rally.

If the original designers of the clothes are the ones selling them then what's stopping them from making replicas and keeping the ones MJ wore for themselves?
They could be selling fakes and no one would know.:ph34r:

^ I guess the simple fact that to lie is not good has stopped them.
Well, Gaga could wear something MJ inspired too.

Saying Gaga was dressing like a man when wearing an MJ jacket... really? What makes it a males jacket, the fact a man wore it? Because much of what Michael wore was influenced by woman clothing.. In fact modern time (outside of actual military) military jackets are much more popular in women's wear... Michael and all the bling/glitter/rhinestones he wore - we are going to claim as a gender based outfit? Aside from the obvious taper of wide shoulders that Michael liked (which really is just a military look to show dominance) - there is no gender specific thing about that jacket..

The original Billie Jean jacket supposedly came from his mothers closet for Gods sake.....

Saying Gaga was dressing like a man when wearing an MJ jacket... really? What makes it a males jacket, the fact a man wore it? Because much of what Michael wore was influenced by woman clothing.. In fact modern time (outside of actual military) military jackets are much more popular in women's wear... Michael and all the bling/glitter/rhinestones he wore - we are going to claim as a gender based outfit? Aside from the obvious taper of wide shoulders that Michael liked (which really is just a military look to show dominance) - there is no gender specific thing about that jacket..

The original Billie Jean jacket supposedly came from his mothers closet for Gods sake.....

If that's addressed to me, then no, you've missed my point completely. My argument is that she was wearing that jacket to 'adopt' some of Michael's 'personal' power/ popularity / mystique. If a woman is backing another woman in a race for a 'first time female President', she should reference her / their individual and collective strengths, not the strengths of a historical male...no matter how personally powerful and popular he was. Gaga is supposed to be an independent and creative woman. There was nothing independent and creative about her borrowed costume. (And it looked 1 million times better on MJ :) )

Plus it also seems to have given plenty of detractors yet another opportunity to carp and criticise on the grounds of perceived Nazi / satanic/ P********* inferences).

Plus it also seems to have given plenty of detractors yet another opportunity to carp and criticise on the grounds of perceived Nazi / satanic/ P********* inferences).
people say all kinds of crazy false things about MJ anyways though.

But I do agree that it looked a million times better on Michael. :)

As a fan of both (first Gaga, and more recently Michael) I think a lot of the comments here are unfair towards her.

She's always been a huge supporter of Michael in the press, and not just the usual 'he was an inspiration!' shtick. I believe it was her 2013 Howard Stern interview where she first spoke of buying huge droves of his clothes, keeping them expertly temperature controlled and one day using her own money to create a museum that fans could visit to see these costumes.

She's not someone buying these costumes only for the 'iconic' ones. She actually most of all wanted his tour costumes - ones that to the average Joe may not have seemed special, but as an artist herself she remarked that her tour costumes had the most sentimental value and she wanted to salvage these articles of clothing from being scattered across the world in the closets of rich businessmen who had no regard for Michael. When her grandfather was dying I believe she a jumper of his that she purchased with 'MJ' embellished to make her feel better, but she said she'd never dare wear anything the public would ever instantly recognise, out of respect for his legacy.

She has also said that she completely backs his innocence and believes he died, ultimately, of a broken heart. I hope people realise that she does have respect for him and isn't just doing this to be ~shocking!~ or controversial. It's all out of love.

^^I am not a particular fan of Gagas (although I got a different and good perspective of her and her talent when Streisand said she was the "real deal" in an interview), but I remember watching this auction online in real time.
And realizing that this one anonymous person was outbidding everyone for all the tour clothes.

I got so excited and was rooting for them because it meant the clothes were loved and going to be kept together.
Afterward she revealed herself and everytime she speaks of the clothes and Michael, it's always good.
I'm delighted that she wore this "power" suit to the rally.

As a fan of both (first Gaga, and more recently Michael) I think a lot of the comments here are unfair towards her.

She's always been a huge supporter of Michael in the press, and not just the usual 'he was an inspiration!' shtick. I believe it was her 2013 Howard Stern interview where she first spoke of buying huge droves of his clothes, keeping them expertly temperature controlled and one day using her own money to create a museum that fans could visit to see these costumes.

She's not someone buying these costumes only for the 'iconic' ones. She actually most of all wanted his tour costumes - ones that to the average Joe may not have seemed special, but as an artist herself she remarked that her tour costumes had the most sentimental value and she wanted to salvage these articles of clothing from being scattered across the world in the closets of rich businessmen who had no regard for Michael. When her grandfather was dying I believe she a jumper of his that she purchased with 'MJ' embellished to make her feel better, but she said she'd never dare wear anything the public would ever instantly recognise, out of respect for his legacy.

She has also said that she completely backs his innocence and believes he died, ultimately, of a broken heart. I hope people realise that she does have respect for him and isn't just doing this to be ~shocking!~ or controversial. It's all out of love.

I agree.
There is a certain artist that doesn't strike me as genuine in their love of Michael, but Lady Gaga has always seemed genuine when it comes to Michael and her love for him.

I must say i find the discussion of wheter its the same jacket he wore at the white house and the VMA's 94 much more interessting, then wheter Bad GAGa should wear his jackets or not.

He wore the same as the white house one at the "World music awards" in 1993.

004.jpg

Why are most fans so predictable? i was sure as i read the title, that there going to be some "shes not worty to wear this", "its wrong", comments from some. :smilerolleyes:

I find it rather interesting that he rewore the jacket so many times, I always felt he had new jackets created for new events...

Why can't some of us think shes not worthy of wearing the clothes of an artist of such caliber and importance as Michael is? Do you have any problem some people expressing such issue? Amd why can't some of you get over there's gonna be disagreements among the fan base?

Here's some more great pix of him wearing it at the American Cinema Awards (put on my David Gest).
7032825835_50d3e3693a.jpg

And a cute one of him wearing it with Princess Stephanie

300xmid.jpg

Well, personally, I dont see anything wrong with Gaga wearing MJ's jacket.
Whether its at a political event or a banging party or where ever, so be it.
Simply put, I think it looks kinda cool on her. Cute.
I'd also like to believe she will still take well good care of it and the other pieces as well.

And on the other note, Michael has been known to wear his outfits more than a few times.
I think it's great that he did wear his outfits more than once. Don't we all?

Last edited:
Gaga wearing the clothing in public I like.. Gives us the opportunity to see it, and gets news seemingly every time ;) Also she has made some decent choices of when to wear to my knowledge.. so it's cool! I know one shirt she wore in the studio while making her CD. that's pretty cool to me

If the original designers of the clothes are the ones selling them then what's stopping them from making replicas and keeping the ones MJ wore for themselves?

They could be selling fakes and no one would know.:ph34r:

The various jackets have special labels stitched into them on the inside and most of the labels are signed by Michael. He signed them when he gave the clothing to Bush or Tompkins, to keep, as a token of his appreciation for their hard work. So that's how people know that they're authentic and not copies or replicas. Worn clothes also have a different appearance to new clothes.

The jacket Lady Gaga wore is definitely not the 1990 White House jacket, because Michael took that one off his back and gave it to a fan.

Gaga's jacket is the one from the 1994 VMAs....in comparison to the White House jacket, it has some differences on the collar and also some differences to do with the number of buttons down the front. Specifically, the 1990 jacket and another one, made for the 1993 AMAs had/has 14 buttons, plus silver adornments on the collar; the 1994 VMA jacket has 18 buttons and red adornments on the collar.

michael-jackson-lisa-marie-presley.jpg

I think Lady Gaga is entitled to wear the jacket if she wants to and Michael would not mind in the slightest. Michael Bush said that MJ was not emotionally attached to any of his show clothes and he gave them away, regularly. He'd probably love seeing her wear it, whilst supporting his friend, Hillary Clinton.

Last edited:
Hey there are a lot of people that would have not taken care of his clothing the same. I'm glad she bought it over some random person.. She has a special room for his clothing set a special temperature to take care of it all.

I think we would all LOVE an MJ museum (I myself made a thread about one), but I really doubt such a thing will ever exist.
It would honestly shock me if the estate did that.

Maybe it should be mention to the Estate again. There are 5 warehouse full of Michael Jackson items that need to be on display for the world to see why leave it in a warehouse.

There is no damn reason why there is not a museum or at least one in the works... It's time! Instead of selling stuff, let the people see it

I'm sure they're paying attention to the Prince museum and they're hanging on to all those warehouses full of stuff for a reason. They're not selling Michael's things.

They floated the idea of using Hayvenhurst just last year but Paris is there now. It's going to take some time to find a proper alternate location if Hayvenhurst doesn't work out.

I'm sure they're paying attention to the Prince museum and they're hanging on to all those warehouses full of stuff for a reason. They're not selling Michael's things.

They floated the idea of using Hayvenhurst just last year but Paris is there now. It's going to take some time to find a proper alternate location if Hayvenhurst doesn't work out.

Currently I bet they ain't caring about finding any location because it straight up isn't going to happen.
I guess we gotta keep hope alive though.
Hey could you link me to the article or whatever that shows they were considering Hayvenhurst last year? :)

Currently I bet they ain't caring about finding any location because it straight up isn't going to happen.
I guess we gotta keep hope alive though.
Hey could you link me to the article or whatever that shows they were considering Hayvenhurst last year? :)
Sure-

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...d-Be-Opened-to-Tourists?highlight=hayvenhurst

The original article about it came from TMZ, I believe-then other outlets picked it up. TMZ articles aren't allowed, so one of the copies was posted here. I give TMZ a little more cred than I ever thought possible, mainly because since 2009, they seem to have informants stationed everywhere-hospitals, police stations, court houses, all over and must pay good money for info. Even the mainstream news uses them now as a reliable source.

I watched a 60 minutes interview with TMZ a few years ago where they discussed how their status had changed and why. Interesting.

Anyway, I personally probably latched onto the Hayvenhurst story because I think it's the perfect place and have always loved it. But lots of things have happened there since-so I don't know.

Back