Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

It must be the Invincible-era version of the song then.
Photographs is a song to have been copyrighted 3 times, what if instead of the snippet being a demo it's one of the 3 versions made for it?

Type of Work: Sound Recording
Registration Number / Date: SRu000944624 / 2010-03-04
Application Title: Photographs.
Title: Photographs.
Description: Electronic file (eService)
Copyright Claimant: Bradley Buxer. Address: 553 Summit Oaks Ct., Nashville, TN, 37221, United States.
Michael Durham Prince. Address: 30402 Vineyard Lane, Santa Clarita, CA, 91384, United States.
The Estate of Michael J. Jackson, Transfer: by Will. Address: c/o Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA, 90024, United States.
Date of Creation: 2009
Authorship on Application: Michael Durham Prince; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, production.
Bradley Buxer; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, performance, production.
Michael J. Jackson, -2009; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: performance, production.
Type of Work: Music
Registration Number / Date: PAu003461342 / 2010-03-03
Application Title: Photographs 2 (Instrumental)
Title: Photographs 2 (Instrumental)
Copyright Claimant: Bradley Buxer. Address: 553 Summit Oaks Ct., Nashville, TN, 37221, United States.
The Estate of Michael Jackson, Transfer: by Will. Address: c/o Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA, 90024, United States.
Authorship on Application: Bradley Buxer; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music, lyrics.
Michael Jackson; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music, lyrics.
Type of Work: Music
Registration Number / Date: PAu003461323 / 2010-03-03
Application Title: Michael’s Affirmation (Instrumental)
Title: Michael’s Affirmation (Instrumental)
The Estate of Michael Jackson, Transfer: by Will. Address: c/o Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA, 90024, United States.
Authorship on Application: Bradley Buxer; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music, lyrics.
Michael Jackson; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music, lyrics.

Last edited:
It can’t be “The Lost Children” because (to my ear) it’s written in 4/4, whereas “The Lost Children” is in 6/8. It sounds similar, but a ton of the MJ/BB collaborations have percussion like that.
I hear 6/8 in the demo, it doesn’t sound 4/4 to me.

Either way it were 2 titles I never heard of before. I like many liked the last snippet best

TLC demo bc it's sounds more like it, also because it uses the Stranger In Moscow samples that TLC uses. Blue Powder because jackson.ch has it
According to them they don't own the songs of the cassette. Someone sent them the snippets.

@AlwaysThere
Are you educated in music or have a musical background? I wish I could hear what you hear but I’m not that smart!
Clearly not, since I was painfully wrong 😂 yes, I play a few instruments! And it’s not a matter of being smart, don’t short change yourself! It’s just something that comes with knowing how to play/read music.

If you wanna know what we mean when we talk about 4/4 and 6/8, this video is incredibly helpful. I gave it a quick watch and it’s a very good, quick resource!

Back