Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

And also the full versions of Lashawn Daniels demo of you don’t love me and Michael’s take of You Don’t Love Me by Rodney Jerkins

I found this on the website of the french copyright office. It lists the song prince song "What Do You Want Me 2 Do" with Michael Jackson as the performer. Does this mean a cover version of this song exists?
For information, I made a request to the SACEM. I'll let you know if I have any info.

Hopefully there's a more complete version in the vault
I assume there is.

According to reports, Jackson plans to spruce up the 25th anniversary addition of the album by adding four remixes of Thriller tracks. Those lending a helping sequined gloved hand on the remixes for “Wanna Be Startin’ Something,” “The Girl Is Mine,” “Billie Jean,” and “P.Y.T.” are Kanye West, Akon, and Will.i.am. Additionally, Jackson’s music attorney Peter Lopez says four leftover tracks from the Thriller sessions will be featured. One of the songs, “Don’t Be Messin’ Around,” is hyped as “killer” by Jacko’s ex-producer Bruce Swedien.

I'd love to hear the later versions of Don't Be Messin' Round. I was listening the demo last night and I forgot how much I love the breezy vibe of it.

Hopefully there's a more complete version in the vault
iirc we have the 1986 and dangerous(?) versions

Apparently the Bad 25 version has vocals from 1981-82, but production from 1986-87. No clue about the Korgnex leak.
Korgnex said in a thread here that his mix wasn't made from the Thriller version but he also confirmed in the description of his leak that it wasn't made from the Bad version, so that leaves us with either the Dangerous version or the version made sometime in the 2000's.

Last edited:
Korgnex said in a thread here that his mix wasn't made from the Thriller version but he also confirmed in the description of his leak that it wasn't made from the Bad version, so that leaves us with either the Dangerous version or the version made sometime in the 2000's.
So this guy has access to everything ? 😂

Apparently the Bad 25 version has vocals from 1981-82, but production from 1986-87. No clue about the Korgnex leak.
True. Bruce Swedien said the version he mixed for Bad 25 had vocals from the first two demos MJ did for the song. The Korgnex leak has to be after that. It’s weird the Estate essentially released the Thriller era version of Don’t Be Messin’ for Bad 25.

True. Bruce Swedien said the version he mixed for Bad 25 had vocals from the first two demos MJ did for the song. The Korgnex leak has to be after that. It’s weird the Estate essentially released the Thriller era version of Don’t Be Messin’ for Bad 25.
According to Forger, the rationale was using whatever version MJ left behind during the Bad sessions. If true, I suppose it was inevitable.

According to Forger, the rationale was using whatever version MJ left behind during the Bad sessions. If true, I suppose it was inevitable.
And this is especially odd considering the Dangerous era versions of both Streetwalker and Someone Put Your Hand Out were planned for the canceled Bad special edition in 2001. So back then it seems the most recent version of a track was chosen, regardless of what era it was in.

So MJ likely used the thriller vocals and just updated the instrumental? Not unusual if so but just making sure I'm understanding.

So MJ likely used the thriller vocals and just updated the instrumental? Not unusual if so but just making sure I'm understanding.
Michael may have recorded additional vocals during Bad sessions.

The following is from Richard Lecocq's 2012 article.

The version released for BAD 25 is an attempt to give the best representation of the 1987 version of the track, the one that was left in the studio at that time: "Many of the elements that were worked on in the BAD era were some of the very basic elements from these earlier demos. Selected elements were transferred and then additional work was recorded for the BAD album. And then it was decided it wasn't to be included on the album, and at that point no additional work was done. And for BAD 25 I had to go back to many multi track tapes because the elements of the recording were on different tapes: some were recorded at Westlake, and some at Hayvenhurst and I had to make sure that all these representative elements could be assembled in a single version, and a single mix of the song"

Forger also confirms that other versions of the song were done later that were more refined than the earlier recordings.

Back