Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

It was neccessary for them as their goal was to make the girl succeed in Hollywood. Same change of narrative happened with remix of Xscape.

edit: Maybe there's a later recorded version with full bridge vocals??

edfba02830e2a1cb4166556329892970.640x360x1.png

DIAxLSQ_d.webp
I'll never make sense as to why MJ didn't record those lyrics entirely when he had them fully written and even went as far as recording some ad-libs for it in 2008, or why he didn't decide to work on some new ideas instead of spending his time re-recording Best Of Joy for the 3rd time. Go figure.

I'll never make sense as to why MJ didn't record those lyrics entirely when he had them fully written and even went as far as recording some ad-libs for it in 2008, or why he didn't decide to work on some new ideas instead of spending his time re-recording Best Of Joy for the 3rd time. Go figure.
Same reason he didn't put out an album; no reason. No rhyme or reason.

I have snippet of sex life but i will not give or else guy told me he wont give me anything again
great snippet mate, just wow. he's spitting with such an angry voice like he never did on any other song.

love that "kiss right here, kiss right here" adlibs

if I may add, there's an unreleased alternate mix of "Hollywood Tonight", with David Williams on rhythm guitar & MJ adlibing "she's too young to understand" on bridge

Anyway, maybe they'd eventually decanonize Michael the record and actually try it again, making Michaels true follow up, or of course what's more approximate. There's not so much material they can or should add, but certainly I Was The Loser is a shoe in. And any later version of Throwin' Your Life Away. As many songs from 2008 or later they can. Nothing from the 80s or 90s or Invincible Era.

Same reason he didn't put out an album; no reason. No rhyme or reason.
I love to imagine someone sitting MJ down and being like, "Have you ever listened to 'Don't Be Messin' 'Round' ? Like actually listened ? Don't be messin' 'round recording the same songs five times, man."

great snippet mate, just wow. he's spitting with such an angry voice like he never did on any other song.

love that "kiss right here, kiss right here" adlibs
Yeah but why did they randomly splice 50 Cent in at the end saying Go On Now? It's clearly not Michael. And it's not Invincible Era so I am obligated to not like it.

I love to imagine someone sitting MJ down and being like, "Have you ever listened to 'Don't Be Messin' 'Round' ? Like actually listened ? Don't be messin' 'round recording the same songs five times, man."
It's an excellent composition. Like one of his best, and he did most of that. Just doesn't have a great vocal melody with it at all.

You're right. In fact, Damien made all the descriptions up. Never heard a thing. 🙃
No no I mean only Neverland landing and world of candy because he can't give details like the other songs that's what confused me

They're different songs and he didn't care about them
I mean only those plus children hours he said they are children songs without any other details so maybe he never heard them that's what I meant
Because each song he heard he describe it he even said the lyrics

There is many songs from 1993 deposition we don't know anything about them from exemple in the valley and California grass and lonely bird

MJ’s creative process baffles me.
  • “Loving You” was given full vocals, then promptly abandoned and never returned to.
  • “Hollywood Tonight” was in a constant state of production over a ten-year period and, despite lyrics existing, the bridge and third verse were never recorded.
  • Three different demos of “Best of Joy” were recorded in full over nearly three decades.
Like???

Yeah, it's not fair to talk about MJs work ethic. Especially since we were never *really* privy to it.

Anyone would look disheveled if they died before retirement. Most artists never do accomplish everything their ambitions motivated them to do. It's rarely a tidy ending so to speak.

MJs MO was quality over quantity anyway. Even as he packed as many songs on an album as he could. Bad was supposed to be 3 Discs long for crying out loud. That probably took the wind out of the sails for a lot of Bad outtakes, too.

I mean only those plus children hours he said they are children songs without any other details so maybe he never heard them that's what I meant
He didn't pay much attention to those children songs because he heard them. And they didn't interest him

Why do they interest you?

Damien takes time to answer our questions. Why are you so ungrateful when he answers some of them briefly? *shm*

MJ’s creative process baffles me. [...]
I feel like MJ's habits were fine, it's just the way he worked. We only are annoyed about it now because he passed and never got around to finishing the stuff he wanted to.
And some of us don't even get annoyed. Seriously not having a go at anyone here but this stuff just doesn't bother me. The creative process is what it is and it's different for each artist, anyway. We don't know how many unfinished poems are knocking around a poet's house. We only know about Michael's songs bc stuff gets registered, bc studio techs have stuff on their hard drives and bc he worked with various collaborators.

I understand that it's mysterious and tantalising - and a little bit frustrating for some people - but it also seems quite normal (to me!).

He certainly left us with lots to talk about, lol.

It's an excellent composition. Like one of his best, and he did most of that. Just doesn't have a great vocal melody with it at all.
Not disputing the quality of that track, in particular. Just parodying that and tracks like "Best Of Joy" being recorded multiple times. I respect his work ethic, nonetheless.

Happy to find out there are many alternative mixes out there, one day we will get our box set 🙂

The only thing that bothers me is that I was not aware Michael was still creating music post 2005 and from what I heard it looked promising, so it is sad it ended with Invincible.

Not disputing the quality of that track, in particular. Just parodying that and tracks like "Best Of Joy" being recorded multiple times. I respect his work ethic, nonetheless.
Well, most other songs got out out there pretty immediate. He found places for them. Best of Joy seemed to be one of his favorites, but it wouldn't have found a home until This Is It it seems. Not necessarily, as being debuted during the concerts, but at least as a single maybe.

Meanwhile, Don't Be Messin' Round seems almost like a sketch to use for every era. Maybe some kinda springboard. Maybe a producer test. We don't know. Why it didn't end up on T25 is the real question. Maybe MJ did have plans for those songs.

And some of us don't even get annoyed. Seriously not having a go at anyone here but this stuff just doesn't bother me. The creative process is what it is and it's different for each artist, anyway. We don't know how many unfinished poems are knocking around a poet's house. We only know about Michael's songs bc stuff gets registered, bc studio techs have stuff on their hard drives and bc he worked with various collaborators.

I understand that it's mysterious and tantalising - and a little bit frustrating for some people - but it also seems quite normal (to me!).

He certainly left us with lots to talk about, lol.
Yeah I'm not personally annoyed by it, now that you mention it.

I didn’t mean to imply that I was angry or upset by his creative process; of course none of us will ever understand what it’s like from his perspective. There were just some really fascinating decisions made that I’d love to know the rationale behind. He was a very peculiar worker—he never approached any song the same way, and it left us with a lot of interesting stories.

I didn’t mean to imply that I was angry or upset by his creative process;
Oh, you didn't.

of course none of us will ever understand what it’s like from his perspective. There were just some really fascinating decisions made that I’d love to know the rationale behind.
omg, the fascinating conversations we all could have had with Michael about his work, given the opportunity.

He was a very peculiar worker
See, now you've lost me again. I just can't see it as peculiar ...

—he never approached any song the same way,
Agreed but 'peculiar' is not the word I'd use to describe this. Again, not having a go. Just finding it interesting the different ways of reacting to this aspect of Michael's creativity.

and it left us with a lot of interesting stories.
He did leave us with a lot to think about.

Back