Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Here is what information I was able to retrieve from John Barnes thanks to https://www.mjhideout.com/forum/thr...re-algunos-temas-ineditos.124106/post-2206597

Make or Break” was a song written by Michael and myself. We never really finished it. There is an incomplete voice demo. There is also some lyrics. This was the third piece I created with the Synclavier. I think it has potential as a song. He didn't get into Bad.

"Alright now" was recorded by Ralph Tresvant. I recorded a demo with Michael. It predates “Make or Break.”

Buffalo Bill” is great but we haven’t completely finished it yet. I love it and would love to help finish it. "Buffalo Bill", like several other songs, is a sample from Victory and was considered for inclusion on Bad. “Buffalo Bill” is one of the first full songs I composed for and with Michael.

Not all of these songs were recorded at Hayvenhurst. There have been many other studies. We work in Los Angeles and the Valley. I also worked in studios in different cities while we traveled with the Victory Tour. My full-time job was working in the studio with Michael on a lot of things. I developed and created songs, worked with new technologies, developed new sounds from the end of Thriller to Dangerous. Many people have worked on sessions with MJ. Almost no one worked with him like me. Since then, I have worked with him on several occasions, notably in Bahrain. So far, I haven't worked anything with the Domaine. Soon I will share more experiences and memories with you. It's difficult to hear people speaking as experts who weren't as involved as you think.

[About the sessions at Caribou Ranch] Caribou Ranch was awesome. I will tell you more about this. We stayed there 3 or 4 days. David Williams also came. The ranch was great but unfortunately the studio burned down shortly after.

John Barnes - Facebook 2016

'' 'Tomboy' is a classic mid-'80s, complete with synthesizer drums, lovely strings, a nice guitar riff, and slap bass reminiscent of the 'Captain EO' soundtrack. The song also features a subtle 'ba-da-ba-da-bab-bab' melody which is almost identical to the 'I bet you remember' one in 'Remember the Time,' released on Michael Jackson's 'Dangerous' album six years later.

"Roger played well on Tomboy, but the song was just okay, in my opinion. Michael liked it, but it didn't hold up in comparison to the other music that was available for 'Bad'."..

If you have any other information from John Barnes from his Facebook, I'm interested!

Not all of these songs were recorded at Hayvenhurst. There have been many other studies. We work in Los Angeles and the Valley
So, Malouf might be telling the truth by saying many songs on Bad were recorded at Can Am. This is getting interesting now.

I wonder if some songs where we have no further details other than their titles being mentioned at Mexico deposition have been (partially) worked on with Brian M. during that period.🤔

So, Malouf might be telling the truth by saying many songs on Bad were recorded at Can Am. This is getting interesting now.

I wonder if some songs where we have no further details other than their titles being mentioned at Mexico deposition have been (partially) worked on with Brian M. during that period.🤔

It's true that on this list, we don't have information on at least half of the songs. The Estate refuted this list in the IRS lawsuit because it was too old, according to them.

In the end, they only release unreleased songs that appear on this list. For example: Al Capone or Free. Or even recently on Thriller 40: Who Do You Know and Lovely Way.

Here is what information I was able to retrieve from John Barnes thanks to https://www.mjhideout.com/forum/thr...re-algunos-temas-ineditos.124106/post-2206597

Make or Break” was a song written by Michael and myself. We never really finished it. There is an incomplete voice demo. There is also some lyrics. This was the third piece I created with the Synclavier. I think it has potential as a song. He didn't get into Bad.

"Alright now" was recorded by Ralph Tresvant. I recorded a demo with Michael. It predates “Make or Break.”

Buffalo Bill” is great but we haven’t completely finished it yet. I love it and would love to help finish it. "Buffalo Bill", like several other songs, is a sample from Victory and was considered for inclusion on Bad. “Buffalo Bill” is one of the first full songs I composed for and with Michael.

Not all of these songs were recorded at Hayvenhurst. There have been many other studies. We work in Los Angeles and the Valley. I also worked in studios in different cities while we traveled with the Victory Tour. My full-time job was working in the studio with Michael on a lot of things. I developed and created songs, worked with new technologies, developed new sounds from the end of Thriller to Dangerous. Many people have worked on sessions with MJ. Almost no one worked with him like me. Since then, I have worked with him on several occasions, notably in Bahrain. So far, I haven't worked anything with the Domaine. Soon I will share more experiences and memories with you. It's difficult to hear people speaking as experts who weren't as involved as you think.

[About the sessions at Caribou Ranch] Caribou Ranch was awesome. I will tell you more about this. We stayed there 3 or 4 days. David Williams also came. The ranch was great but unfortunately the studio burned down shortly after.

John Barnes - Facebook 2016

'' 'Tomboy' is a classic mid-'80s, complete with synthesizer drums, lovely strings, a nice guitar riff, and slap bass reminiscent of the 'Captain EO' soundtrack. The song also features a subtle 'ba-da-ba-da-bab-bab' melody which is almost identical to the 'I bet you remember' one in 'Remember the Time,' released on Michael Jackson's 'Dangerous' album six years later.

"Roger played well on Tomboy, but the song was just okay, in my opinion. Michael liked it, but it didn't hold up in comparison to the other music that was available for 'Bad'."..

If you have any other information from John Barnes from his Facebook, I'm interested!
So alright now MJ recorded a version that's wonderful .I'm always thinking MJ was on background vocals on Ralph version

Seems like this track would be a perfect fit for a Bad re-issue. This is one of the Bad-era outtakes that I'm eager to hear the most.

Last edited:
I want to know what missing in the song get your weight off of me not leaked

Wow. Time to finally listen to this song once and for all - thanks to the leaker, I've been waiting years and year! YouTube does compress the audio slightly, slightly however. Was it leaked on YT?

Back