Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I'm reading through a PDF about the Estate and their valuing MJs earnings, it's kind of eye opening. I'll make a thread about it eventually, unless it'd be better to share some of the info here.

Did the estate ever fill their 10 album contract with Sony?
I believe they renegotiated the agreement a few years back.

Was it 10 albums or 10 projects? I think it was determined a few years ago that people misinterpreted the contract and that they only needed to fulfill 10 individual projects.

I believe they renegotiated the agreement a few years back.
Right, I knew that, I was just wondering if they had fulfilled it.

Was it 10 albums or 10 projects? I think it was determined a few years ago that people misinterpreted the contract and that they only needed to fulfill 10 individual projects.
Again, I suspected as much, I'm just wondering if they've actually done that.

This Is it
Michael
Immortal (Show + Soundtrack)
Bad 25
Xscape
One (Residency)
Off The Wall Documentary and Reissue
Scream (Album + Animated Special)
Broadway Musical
Thriller 40
Biopic (Forthcoming)
That's still only 8 so far. I don't know if you count features, guest duets and whatnots. But overall it seems like they haven't fulfilled it yet.

And according to the legal documentation, they pretty much are focusing on the Broadway, Cirque shows, and biopic as their greatest projects. The albums have never been their priority, releasing unreleased music, even less so.

Random sidenote, but I always wanted them to release the other Cirque Remixes.

Edit: I forgot the OTW documentary reissue. I guess they're about to make their 10th then. Once the biopic is done, or they make something else. Then they'll probably get far away from Sony?

Last edited:

This Is it
Michael
Bad 25
Xscape
One (Residency)
Broadway Musical
Thriller 40
Biopic (Forthcoming)
That's still only 8 so far. I don't know if you count features, guest duets and whatnots. But overall it seems like they haven't fulfilled it yet.

And according to the legal documentation, they pretty much are focusing on the Broadway, Cirque shows, and biopic as their greatest projects. The albums have never been their priority, releasing unreleased music, even less so.

What a about "OTW - Chalk Edition"?

This Is it
Michael
Bad 25
Xscape
One (Residency)
Off The Wall Documentary and Reissue
Broadway Musical
Thriller 40
Biopic (Forthcoming)

Edit: I forgot the OTW documentary reissue. I guess they're about to make their 10th then. Once the biopic is done, or they make something else. Then they'll probably get far away from Sony?
I’m guessing they won’t leave Sony

You forgot Vision and the video-game The experience. They renewed the contract with Sony 2018. Don`t know they said a date how lang it lasts but I think until 2025. The Thriller 40 -release indicated that there are differences between Estate and Sony, also the biopic will be distributed from Lionsgate and not Sony. This odd. The Bee Gees-biopic will be distributed by Sony and Graham King is in both the producer.

No, it can’t be. I thought Spice Of Life was an early version of Behind The Mask, which means it was recorded before 1981. Singer-songwriter Michael Jackson hadn’t developed that style of singing at that point in time.
Spice of Life was actually intended for the album between Dangerous and Invincible, DangerVincible. It was canned because Singer Songwriter Michael Jackson decided he hated black people because they are more likely to not pay for music. Instead he made HIStory, frontloaded with several mediocre, low quality Tracks, like Stranger in Moscow. He also removed his brother Marlon from the track Scream. He also placed the track D.S because he wanted as many people as possible to hate the album.

Sex Life is the early version of Behind The Mask.

Back