Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I don’t think it would have worked once more in terms of it possibly being a hit. It feels like he is repeating himself. Like creating a 2nd thriller with threatened.

That said I do like the song, especially the intro and the final minute and a half is pretty special

The more I think about Matt Forgers statement about Roger Troutman taking the instrumental for Tomboy to be on his own record the more I wonder if this isn't true.

Why wouldn't Roger give any credit to Michael on his album for the song? There's nothing in album credits I could note, except on the 1989 Zapp record "Zapp Vibe", Roger wrote:
"Thanks also to Michael Jackson for giving so many of us that continued hope, and for being the ever-bright shining star; and thanks for allowing me the great privilege of visiting your home and studio. Thanks, Michael, also for honoring my music by putting it on your “bad” Bad album.“

I wonder if Tomboy is just an earlier version of Superfly Sister.
It's probably on the 1989 album. We've figured that out by now.

TYLA doesn’t really land for me. Perhaps I’m just used to MJ having big, multi-layered choruses; this one feels like an ad-lib and not very well thought out. The bridge is insane though.
I kinda understand what you were saying now. The Rough Mix of Streetwalker has the same feeling to me; it may be a placeholder for a real hook.

Last edited:
I kinda understand what you were saying now. The Rough Mix of Streetwalker has the same feeling to me; it may be a placeholder for a real book.
See, I feel the opposite. I never cared for Streetwalker; it’s okay but it absolutely doesn’t deserve a spot on Bad. But I absolutely adore the demo mix—the higher key, the slightly funkier arrangement, and the alternate chorus elevate it to another plane for me.

See, I feel the opposite. I never cared for Streetwalker; it’s okay but it absolutely doesn’t deserve a spot on Bad. But I absolutely adore the demo mix—the higher key, the slightly funkier arrangement, and the alternate chorus elevate it to another plane for me.
I do like how much funkier it is. I think the version those buffoons couldn't actually leak is the best version lol.

Can someone please answer me these questions? Thanks!

1. Willing and Waiting - we've heard the leaked writers demo. Do we have any information, from Brad or from someone else.. did MJ ever record any vocals for it, verses or choruses, scratch vocals or anything? Did they even work on that song during the HIStory sessions, like instrumental, etc. Or is that Babyface demo all there is.

2. About Family Thing - again did Brad or anyone else confirmed is there a more complete version with actual lyrics on the verses, or is the leaked version final version MJ worked on?

3. About Streetwalker. Is there a final version produced by Quincy Jones - that actual outtake that was replaced with Another Part Of Me? Does Brad or anyone else have that version and did he ever play it to fans? All that we have is this new 1986 rough mix and 1988 final Bill Bottrell re-mix.

4. About Faces. Again is that final version? What part of the song was Nelson Mandela supposed to be on? He would recite his part after MJ or he would recite part that Michael is reciting on the leaked version? How come Nelson didn't record anything since they hung out multiple times in 1997 and 1999.

5. About Someone Put Your Hand Out - is that the final version from the Bad era or there is a version with lyrics on the verses? MJ said that all Teddy did on it was "changed a verse".. but if this leaked version is what Teddy was given to work on during the Dangerous era, then Teddy definitely did deserve a co-writing credits because those 2 songs sound completely different but with the same chorus.

6. About Deep In The Night - is there a version with more complete vocal take? Full lyrics or at least mumbling vocals?

7. About Verdict - is there a version with any vocals recorded or at least some more instrumentation? Or the leaked version is all that exists?

I would be really grateful if someone who went to Brad's seminars could answer me these questions!

Thanks!

1. Willing and Waiting - we've heard the leaked writers demo. Do we have any information, from Brad or from someone else.. did MJ ever record any vocals for it, verses or choruses, scratch vocals or anything? Did they even work on that song during the HIStory sessions, like instrumental, etc. Or is that Babyface demo all there is.

2. About Family Thing - again did Brad or anyone else confirmed is there a more complete version with actual lyrics on the verses, or is the leaked version final version MJ worked on?

3. About Streetwalker. Is there a final version produced by Quincy Jones - that actual outtake that was replaced with Another Part Of Me? Does Brad or anyone else have that version and did he ever play it to fans? All that we have is this new 1986 rough mix and 1988 final Bill Bottrell re-mix.

4. About Faces. Again is that final version? What part of the song was Nelson Mandela supposed to be on? He would recite his part after MJ or he would recite part that Michael is reciting on the leaked version? How come Nelson didn't record anything since they hung out multiple times in 1997 and 1999.

5. About Someone Put Your Hand Out - is that the final version from the Bad era or there is a version with lyrics on the verses? MJ said that all Teddy did on it was "changed a verse".. but if this leaked version is what Teddy was given to work on during the Dangerous era, then Teddy definitely did deserve a co-writing credits because those 2 songs sound completely different but with the same chorus.

6. About Deep In The Night - is there a version with more complete vocal take? Full lyrics or at least mumbling vocals?

7. About Verdict - is there a version with any vocals recorded or at least some more instrumentation? Or the leaked version is all that exists?

I would be really grateful if someone who went to Brad's seminars could answer me these questions!

Thanks!
From what I know most of the tracks you mentioned are in their final state, meaning there are no more finished versions. Except Family Thing which has a more finalized version with MJ in the chorus and Loren rapping on the verses (correct me If I'm wrong here). About Faces , nelson Mandela supposed to start on the "Let Us Dream" part after MJ introduce him during the intro speech.

People of the World is pleasant but it's fine as it is. Idk, there really wasn't many places left to go after Earth Song, but then the fact he came back with "We've Had Enough" is just incredible. Like he nailed the anthem tunes.

Stuff like Days in Gloucestershire and I Am The Loser though, that covers the same territory. I hope there's lots more with those kinds of tunes.
We've had enough was definitely wasted on TUC and should have been on Invincible. Definitely single material IMO

The writer's demo is all there is.
There's a version with Bryan Loren singing the verses I think but as far as MJ vocals goes it's all we have.
MJ planned to work on the song while he was in London so there's a possibility that there's a more complete version around.

Thanks!

There's a version of Streetwalker intended for Bad that we haven't heard yet. (It's on youtube in horrid quality but I don't count that)

Thanks!
1. Brad has never outright confirmed or denied anything, but the phrasing he’s used in conversations has pretty heavily implied that MJ never actually recorded any vocals.

2. There’s a version with Bryan Loren singing/rapping the verses, but to my knowledge MJ had only just started working on the track when the allegations hit and Paramount cut him from the various Addams Family Values projects, which prompted him to just abandon it outright.

3. Quincy did work on a version of “Streetwalker” in 1987.

4. “Faces” was written and recorded only a few months after the 1994 settlement was announced, and if I recall correctly, Mandela’s camp discouraged him from working with MJ since the criminal investigation was still ongoing. By the time they started seeing each other, it seems like MJ had lost interest.

5. The leaked demo is the only one we know of. MJ has a habit of exaggerating and/or vague platitudes when it comes to detailing producer and/or songwriter contributions, so I wouldn’t take everything he says literally. Seems like Teddy quite literally overhauled the entire track.

6. No clue, but the general understanding is that the leaked demo is all there is.

7. Same as above.

Thanks!
1. I have information from someone who worked on HIStory, that no, there's only that Babyface version.
2. I believe there isn't as the whole project Family Thing was intended for was binned (somebody do correct me on this if i'm wrong)
3. There's a 1987 Bad contender mix, which has the whistle intro
7. That's all that exists.

From what I know most of the tracks you mentioned are in their final state, meaning there are no more finished versions. Except Family Thing which has a more finalized version with MJ in the chorus and Loren rapping on the verses (correct me If I'm wrong here). About Faces , nelson Mandela supposed to start on the "Let Us Dream" part after MJ introduce him during the intro speech.
So Family Thing is a Loren collaboration? Didn't know that!

Did anyone hear that version? Does Brad play that version on his seminars? Or Loren?

Was that song supposed to be in Is It Scary (1993 version of Ghosts)? Or some other track? Ghosts maybe? I doubt Is It Scary even existed back then in the form we know of because the music was co-written by Jam and Lewis and MJ didn't start to work with them until '94.

Did anyone hear that version? Does Brad play that version on his seminars? Or Loren?

Was that song supposed to be in Is It Scary (1993 version of Ghosts)? Or some other track? Ghosts maybe? I doubt Is It Scary even existed back then in the form we know of because the music was co-written by Jam and Lewis and MJ didn't start to work with them until '94.

I don't think Family Thing is related to Ghosts or Is It Scary.

Last edited:
The chords of “Family Thing” kinda sounds like “Is It Scary,” so it’s entirely possible MJ used it as a base. Otherwise, they’re totally separate.

I don’t think it was ever settled what song was meant to be featured in Is This Scary, but I’d assume it would’ve been “Family Thing” given the connection.

“Ghosts” is from 1991. “Family Thing” came about in 1993. MJ and Jam/Lewis started putting together “Is It Scary” in late 1994.

The chords of “Family Thing” kinda sounds like “Is It Scary,” so it’s entirely possible MJ used it as a base. Otherwise, they’re totally separate.

I don’t think it was ever settled what song was meant to be featured in Is This Scary, but I’d assume it would’ve been “Family Thing” given the connection.

“Ghosts” is from 1991. “Family Thing” came about in 1993. MJ and Jam/Lewis started putting together “Is It Scary” in late 1994.

I knew ghosts existed in 93 but didn't know he started it in 91, interesting.

I knew ghosts existed in 93 but didn't know he started it in 91, interesting.
That’s my understanding! Over the years there’s been a lot of confusion about what song came first, what song was meant for Addams, etc. If I’m wrong I welcome correction, but that’s what has come my way. I believe the handwritten song list from circa spring 1991 has “Ghosts” listed.

Back