Lil Cease: "Biggie Refused To Let Me Meet Michael Jackson!" [VIDEO]

Dtwmjj

Proud Member
lil-cease-big-michael-jackson.jpg

Rappers position themselves to make it seem like nothing scares or bothers them. However, real-life issues do mess with their heads. Recently, former Junior M.A.F.I.A. member Lil Cease recounted a tale where his best friend and mentor Biggie Smalls refused to allow him to meet the legendary Michael Jackson.

Cease recounted the story at DJ Cipha Sounds‘ Take It Personal Hip Hop Improv Show this past Friday. (September 27) As the story goes, Biggie and Lil Cease were in Los Angeles for Biggie to record his verse on Michael Jackson’s song “This Time Around.” Big wouldn’t allow Cease, who was 16 at the time, to enter the studio because he didn’t trust MJ around children. Before you get angry, Big recorded his verse for Michael Jackson right after Jackson was accused of child molestation in 1993.

Lil Cease injected humor into the story by saying, “I’m supposed to meet MJ but I’m in the car rolling up weed.”

Watch the video below to get the full details about why Biggie refused to let Lil Cease meet Michael Jackson.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0r4gcC83m_o?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://theurbandaily.com/2013/09/30...utm_term=TUD Subscribers&utm_campaign=9-30-13

Last edited:
What a shame Big believed the crap media portrayed about Michael, I really thought he genuinely admired him and didn't think badly of Michael! I was totally wrong! :sigh:

We don't know if Biggie felt that way or not. maybe he just didn't want Lil Cease going in there hight as a kite. But in peoples defense they didn't personally know MJ so some might have been taken aback and unsure by the allegations. Being cautious doesn't mean they didn't admire Michael or make them a bad person, In my opinion.

Dtwmjj;3912031 said:
Big wouldn&#8217;t allow Cease, who was 16 at the time, to enter the studio because he didn&#8217;t trust MJ around children. Before you get angry, Big recorded his verse for Michael Jackson right after Jackson was accused of child molestation in 1993.

Why would that make me less angry?

I am not surprised. People had no problem working with Michael because the attention they would get from it. Then behind his back question him. Why does this guy even have to say this story anyway?

Yes that's what bothers me the most. Is that Lil Cease felt the need to relay that story in the manner he did. Its disrespectful to both Biggie and MJ .. It wasn't cute, funny or something that should have been repeated. IMO

I dont think biggie meant in a like " i dont want you to meet mj cuz i belive in the accusations" i think he was just being more cautious giving the sitiuation of the way the media were being so mean and crazy

I mean heck biggie let mj use him in a song it wouldnt make sense of biggie to be in a mj song if he truly believed in the accusations

I think if it's about the money and the attention being on a Michael Jackson song I think people would. It makes no sense to me but then I hear people say that they like the music but question if Michael really did things. That makes no sense to me either but apparently it can happen.

The story is hypocritical either way. IF BIG really said this then isn't it ironic that he tells a kid he did not trust MJ with kids, but in the next sentence he tells this kid to smoke weed? Besides BIG had some very questionable lyrics about kids.

But I don't trust Lil' Cease with this story at all. He's a drug addict, he tells as he was "high as a giraffe" while that allegedly happened - so how credible is he?

I find it rather ironic that the media uses it to trash talk MJ once again while no one questions why was a 16 year old boy in BIG's car smoking weed, "high as a giraffe".

The irony of morally bankrupt people (and that includes journalists as well) judging MJ...

I think if it's about the money and the attention being on a Michael Jackson song I think people would. It makes no sense to me but then I hear people say that they like the music but question if Michael really did things. That makes no sense to me either but apparently it can happen.

I really don't understand the people who think Michael's guilty but still listen to his music. If Michael really was guilty (Which we all know he wasn't) then i would have been done with him and his music a long time ago

Him telling this story now makes me think it's great he didn't get to meet Michael, I wouldn't trust HIM with Michael. He's never met Michael and he's using the story for attention. That's new. :rolleyes2:

let's not believe any story, we don't know why he wasn't let in the room...

I think the keywords there were: I'm in the car rolling up weed.

^ Seeing as how most of what Lil Cease says is a lie anyway, the TRUE story is probably:

Biggie went in, and he told Lil Cease to stay in the car and roll up weed.

But why believe anything from this drug addicted, irrelevant fool anyway? He's disrespecting Big and Michael.

Seems that this little "tale" of his was more for laughs when he says that Michael came in the studio with a mask on or whatever, but who knows I guess.. he might actually be telling the truth.. I mean it does fit BIGs character and people around that time all thought that way from the false media perceptions anyway.

I dunno if this is true. Sounds like BS.

For one, I heard Biggie was a huge MJ fan and pretty much cried when he met MJ after recording his verse for the song. I forget off hand, but there was a story of an engineer or something at the session.

2nd, even if what Cease says is true, he was practically a grown up at 16 (so that logic about being around children wouldn't even apply to him).

Sounds more like he didn't want to crowd/bother MJ with people.

^^ ^^ Yeah looks like BS to me too. Lol there were like a million people in there when BIG came to record his verse (for safety measures) so the whole " didn't trust MJ around kids" sounds like complete BS since there were alot of people in there to begin with. And yes Rob (The engineer) said that BIG cried and thanked him and said his a fan, so go figure.

Hope this isn't true as I'm a fan of biggie

Well if I had a child I wouldn't want them around ignorant people like this dude. So sick of people thinking it's okay to claim that Michael was guilty of the most horrifying things imaginable without even doing some research into his life and the disgusting people around him before opening their mouths.

Yeah, this completely goes against the accounts of Biggie being so awestruck and nervous in Michael's presence that he cried in the studio.

Yes that's what bothers me the most. Is that Lil Cease felt the need to relay that story in the manner he did. Its disrespectful to both Biggie and MJ .. It wasn't cute, funny or something that should have been repeated. IMO

I agree. Neither Michael nor Biggie is here to respond so why tell such an insensitive story? What's the point? SMH

It could have been easily something stupid Big said to keep him out the studio because of how nervous BIG was. maybe he let his 'cool' rep get to his head and didnt want to show his boy that he's gonna act like a little girl around Michael. lol!! Who knows, Plus if he was going into the studio with Michael that day, who knows how his impression would change after being in his presence.. Most people say that he was sooo different than they pictured..

In the end of the day, I can't really be mad at BIG for saying that at one point when I know he probably had a change of heart.. That's if the story is true!! Even 2pac has said unflattering things about the Jackson family (including MJ) and later recanted what he said.

Who is this dude anyway? Ok don't know him and seems like I'm not missing much. Done with these attention seeking dumb stories involving Michael :trish:

By the way, to elaborate a bit on the Notorious B.I.G. session, it was kinda like this. Michael used to call people to ask them to participate on albums. It was interesting knowing that nearly anyone on the planet would come to the phone if it were Michael calling. Anyway, I heard rumors that B.I.G. was going to come, and I was excited about that! I knew that I would be the one to record that, as I had recorded nearly all of that tune, "This Time Around".

So, Dallas and I were expecting him any minute, and pretty much on time, Notorious strolls in. He was quite an imposing figure when he walked in, as he was quite popular at the time. I had no idea what to expect from him in terms of attitude, but he seemed nice when he walked in. No problem. But almost immediately, he blurted out, "Yo, Dallas, can I meet Mike?" To which, Dallas replied that he thought so. Biggie went on to talk about how much this opportunity meant to him, as Michael was his hero. Anyway, Dallas tells him that we're going to lay down the rap first, so Biggie heads in the booth, we get some headphone levels and get ready to start recording.

So, we hit the big red button (on a Sony 3348 machine), and away we go. During his first take, Dallas and I looked at each other, because it was spot on. wow. I was impressed, and so was Dallas. We listened back, and Dallas was like, "Wow, I think we got it". As I recall, we took another take for good measure, but I'm fairly certain that we ended up using the first take. So, Notorious comes in, and asks if he can meet Michael now. We sent word to the back room where Michael was working that Biggie was finished and wanted to meet him.

Simply for security, Michael's security would enter and make sure that no one was in the room that shouldn't be, and once that was confirmed (it was just me, Biggie and Dallas), Michael came in. Biggie nearly broke out in tears...I could tell how much this meant to him. Well, Michael could have this effect on anyone, even the most hardcore rappers! Biggie was tripping up on his words, bowing down and telling Michael how much his music had meant to him in his life. Michael was, as always, very humble and kept smiling while Biggie just went on and on how much he loved Michael. I watched Biggie just become this big butterball of a man, and it was really very sweet to witness. After all, we are all just people.

Michael finally asked to hear what we had done, and we popped it up on the big speakers and let her go. Michael LOVED it and was excited to tell Biggie that! "Oh, let's hear it again", I recall Michael saying, and we listened again. Michael just loved it...and thanked Biggie for coming all the way from Philadelphia. Biggie asked rather sheepishly whether he could get a photo, and Michael agreed. A shot was taken, we listened again, and Michael thanked Biggie. Michael said goodbye and stepped out, leaving Biggie standing there looking completely stunned.

It will always remain a great, great memory.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/4325590-post43.html

I hope he Biggie was just being caustion because of the media and how they would twist thing. Because if Biggie really did not trust MJ, ther is no way he would have recorded a song with MJ.

Back