Lisa Marie on Good Morning America

Re: Lisa Marie on Good Morning America on feb 1./speaking 'bout Michael

Okay, I know I'll probably get some ish for this...but guys, comon'. She was his WIFE. How many people in this world get to say that? Two? Well...not even that, because the second one didn't even play the role of a wife in Michael's life....sooo...ONE. One person gets to say that. I know and everyone else knows that they had their issues & their fights & Lisa had a horrible way to let go of her frustration...but in the end, she was still his WIFE.

And? So what? How long did their marriage last again? Michael had other girlfriends who Im sure he would consider a 'wife' more than Lisa ever was. And you shouldnt disrespect Debbie like that, she gave Michael the greatest gifts in the world and she was always a loyal friend to Michael,, unlike the first 'wife'

She knew him in a way that NOBODY else did or ever will.

That is complete nonsense. Have you ever watched and read Lisa interviews over the years about MJ? Sure didnt sound like a woman who knew much about Michael to me.

And how I could forget her not being able to defend properly in Oprah 2010 during the child molestation allegations subject. Did you remember what she said. Yeah sounds like a women who really knew Michael :rolleyes:

And I don't think it's right to gloss over that all the time & paint her as a villian who destroyed Michael's life with her pet velociraptor...because quite honestly, there were several people who did MUCH MUCH worse to him. She did what she did & now she's paying the price for it; you can tell the regret and guilt has eaten a part of her away.

She spent almost a whole decade dragging Michael name through the mud. Fans have every right to treat her like a villain. Like it or not she will always be considered someone who stabbed Michael in the back.

If given a chance to do it all over again, I think she would have been more mature...maybe enough to keep the marriage together like she & Michael vowed it to be.

Michael still would have wanted out. The shoulda coulda woulda is unnecessary. They were just not meant to be. Michael realized that and never cared to take her back. She needs to understand that and move on with her life.

Last edited:

yep! she dragged him through the mud for almost a decade and just 8 months before he was killed she said he was the worst mistake in her life in the Marie Claire article, now suddenly in just 4 years all she has are 'good memories'?
:doh:

What happened to not speaking about him anymore? Why dont this fake women go away already!

You know when I read the title of the thread that was the first question that came to mind. I thought anyone who wanted to hear about Michael was to be referred to the Oprah interview that she did. Well, I guess "no comment" is too hard to say, and at least this time the comments were humane.

yep! she dragged him through the mud for almost a decade and just 8 months before he was killed she said he was the worst mistake in her life in the Marie Claire article, now suddenly in just 4 years all she has are 'good memories'?
:doh:

She said that? When he was alive she was embarassed that she was married to him.You could see it in what she said and did. Now that people seem to love him again now it's a different story. I don't hate the woman but even if she says really nice things about Michael it doesn't mean anything now. You would like to believe she is sincere but she did too much damage. As for Debbie, in her own way she defended and stood by Michael in ways that Lisa never could. I never saw her embarassed to be married to Michael. She can celebrate her father and do whatever but leave Michael out of it.

When will the bitter jealousy of LISA MARIE end.???? You will never erase that she was Mrs Michael Jackson.!!!

Okay, I know I'll probably get some ish for this...but guys, comon'. She was his WIFE. How many people in this world get to say that? Two? Well...not even that, because the second one didn't even play the role of a wife in Michael's life....sooo...ONE. One person gets to say that. I know and everyone else knows that they had their issues & their fights & Lisa had a horrible way to let go of her frustration...but in the end, she was still his WIFE. She knew him in a way that NOBODY else did or ever will. And I don't think it's right to gloss over that all the time & paint her as a villian who destroyed Michael's life with her pet velociraptor...because quite honestly, there were several people who did MUCH MUCH worse to him. She did what she did & now she's paying the price for it; you can tell the regret and guilt has eaten a part of her away. If given a chance to do it all over again, I think she would have been more mature...maybe enough to keep the marriage together like she & Michael vowed it to be.

I have to say I disagreed with so many things here. First, Debbie was MJ's wife. I don't understand why you have to disrespect Debbie like this. Debbie is the one to give MJ two kids and gave him so much joy. I don't even want to mention that Debbie actually knew MJ way longer than LMP and spent way longer time with MJ. There might be some other unknown girl friend who play important role in MJ's life. Are you sure LMP knew MJ in a way that "NOBODY" else did or ever will? How about Diana Ross? It's hard for me to believe someone who knew MJ "so well" and "deep" as you said can say those horrible things on national TV for so many times and so many years. It would be horrible enough a so call friend to do that not even an ex-wife. What's all those MJ was manipulating me. I am so naive. Oh ya, she kept saying that even after MJ passed away when you said she was "regret". She just blamed everything to MJ and even said it's her biggest mistake. Yes, an ex-wife might be mad. However, speaking on national TV in someone's darkest days are just way too low.

She is not a villian but she is just a hypocrite. How can someone throw a man you once loved so much under the bus like that? She was so embarrassed about the marriage. When it's good time to say good thing about MJ, she suddenly change to play the sad widow card. How dare her? She is not MJ's widow. She already divorced him for more than 15 years and they both re-married (she actually had 2 husband after MJ). She always said that she hates people to ask her questions about MJ. However, she kept letting people asking her these questions. If Diana Ross can shut down all the MJ related questions, why can't she?

When will the bitter jealousy of LISA MARIE end.???? You will never erase that she was Mrs Michael Jackson.!!!

I don't think most of the posts here is about the bitter jealousy of LMP. No one is denying she was MJ's wife. They clearly loved each other at that time and MJ looked happy. However, what she said and act before is just horrible.

Last edited:

When will Lisa fans realize the dislike for her has nothing to do with her marrying MJ?? Before I realized she said so much mean things to MJ to the press, I actually liked Lisa and I thought she was a nice person. But that soon came to end once I started to research Michale more and found interview after interview of Lisa speaking harshly of Michael. I would never forget and excuse what she did for years and years while Michael was going through the hardest time in his life. I dont hate her either but I will call her out on her bull crap whenever I want to. She said she wasnt going to speak about Michael anymore and she lied. And I have a problem with that especially since she will more than likely use his name to promote her stuff again.

Aren't you glad that Michael saw her true color years before he died .. She can't erase that either !!

Michael could marry anyone he wanted to. It was his life. She wasn't Mrs. Michael Jackson when he died either. Big difference. You can't erase the terrible and horrible things she said over the many years they were divorced and he was alive to hear it too.

If he had married Diana Ross or Brooke Shields for example and they did what she did people wouldn't be thrilled with them either. There is no bitter or jealousy. I feel sad that his marriage didn't work out. Who knows what could have happened. Michael was respectful about the people in his life yet the same people were not so kind in return.

I think most of us are curious what Michael has to do with an Elvis exhibit. No offense to elvis fans but you can't help but wonder what the point of it is.

Last edited:

Come off it......no one here is jealous of Lisa-Marie, her actions in the past as it relates to her treatment of Michael publically is what people are peeved about. The woman was one a one woman crusade to malign him in the media, but now after his death she can speak kindly of him? come on now......she was wrong for that and you know it. And just as no one is trying to erase the fact she married MJ, she can never erase the hateful words that she spoke about him.

Aren't you glad that Michael saw her true color years before he died .. She can't erase that either !!

Bingo!

"hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" - maybe that was responsible for the vile things she said back then? as far as i know, Michael did not try to dissuade her from initiating divorce proceedings. maybe she mistakenly thought that Michael would go down on his knees to beg her not to leave him. and then she was the only one talking about the 4 years of trying to get back together. Michael, on the other hand, told Shmuley that despite her efforts and her letters, his heart had turned cold.

to me, too, the Budapest photo was the invitation for MJ questions. seems to me she's still in love with him. and despite telling Oprah she didn't want to talk about him anymore, she opened an opportunity for doing so in this case.

As soon as Lisa apologizes for all of her BS comments maybe I will cut her some slack. Until then..:smilerolleyes:

I was very happy when MJ married not once but twice and wished he had tried again for the third time with somebody else. So no jealousy here darling.

I can't stand her fakeness, how many years did she spend trashing him, a lot indeed? And now Mike's gone, she's al possitive about him. WTF :wtf:

when people pass on you tend to forget the bad and remember the good times, its pathetic how people on this forum continue to criticize her for speaking of him in a positive light now that he is gone

i cut her some slack during the oprah interview and yesterday when she talked about her dad i was proud of her. but i just can't forget how she trashed MJ during the trial. and this is an exhibit about Elvis as a dad. it's not even about her. so why put a picture of MJ there?

in the past fans from both sides have been hard on her. she is who she is, one kings daughter another kings EX wife. but this time she brought this to herself.

As soon as Lisa apologizes for all of her BS comments maybe I will cut her some slack. Until then..:smilerolleyes:

Really?

Statements like this keep perpetuating the notion that MJ fans are crazy. And i don't disagree with it. The crap one reads everyday is astounding.

Why should she apologize to you? or any fan for that matter? Did she slander you /us in some way?

The only person she owes an apology to is Michael. And lastly, how do you know she hadn't already?

Originally Posted by max000

I don't think it's jealousy... they just need something to bitch about like some possessive old wives. lol

Jermaine & Latoya deserve our wrath because even after their flesh & blood passed, they showed no respect and kept on pushing the same bullcrap they have been trying to sell for years.

But LMP has shown some decorum and i
don't understand why some are still after her bones like crazy hyenas.

FYI: i too am taken aback with that Budapest picture, but according to USAToday, the exhibit is as much about her, as her father.

Apparently, there is parallel drawn between her life in later years & her dad's. There are costumes she performed in, charity work she's done...yada yada yada.

Last edited:

Either she's a fake bandwagon jumper, or feeling guilty and trying to compensate for her conduct towards Michael before his death.

I can't say which... it's quite possible that she is feeling bad about contributing to his problems, but having no chance whatsoever in reconciling with him, now that he's gone.

Either she's a fake bandwagon jumper, or feeling guilty and trying to compensate for her conduct towards Michael before his death.

I can't say which... it's quite possible that she is feeling bad about contributing to his problems, but having no chance whatsoever in reconciling with him, now that he's gone.
i honestly think she feels bad. as far as i can see she's not a bad person, just insicure and immature. however this was not the time or place to bring Michael up.

however this was not the time or place to bring Michael up.

She's promoting herself .. Isn't this the right time to do ?.. Guys , some of you forget Lisa's behaviours .. I don't think it was the right time to bring Michael when she promoted her two albums .. Remember ?

I don't care who she is in Michael's life .. It gets under my skin when I see anyone using Michael's name to get attention to him/herself ... After all her bashing to Michael , she lost this card soon after his death , she's now playing the widow's role ..

She's promoting herself .. Isn't this the right time to do ?.. Guys , some of you forget Lisa's behaviours .. I don't think it was the right time to bring Michael when she promoted her two albums .. Remember ?

I don't care who she is in Michael's life .. It gets under my skin when I see anyone using Michael's name to get attention to him/herself ... After all her bashing to Michael , she lost this card soon after his death , she's now playing the widow's role ..
but that's it she wasn't even promoting her. she was promoting an exhibit. she got something to do with MJ but her dad has nothing to do with him......and she's not his widow. HECK not even Debbie is anywhere close to being his widow, and she's the mother of his children.

but that's it she wasn't even promoting her. she was promoting an exhibit. she got something to do with MJ but her dad has nothing to do with him..

An exhibit about her MEMORIES with her father , it's related to her , if it's about Elvis alone or just a regular Graceland stuff you would see Priscilla on GMA not Lisa ..

The idea of having MJ's pic there is a "promotion tool" PERIOD just notice she isn't displaying the Vegas pic when she was at the Jackson 5 show and met Michael at the age of seven with Elvis which could make ALOT of sense to be honest .. Nope , she wants Michael to be there as the KING OF POP .. his fedora with the military style

An exhibit about her MEMORIES with her father , it's related to her , if it's about Elvis alone or just a regular Graceland stuff you would see Priscilla on GMA not Lisa ..

The idea of having MJ's pic there is a "promotion tool" PERIOD just notice she isn't displaying the Vegas pic when she was at the Jackson 5 show and met Michael at the age of seven with Elvis which could make ALOT of sense to be honest .. Nope , she wants Michael to be there as the KING OF POP .. his fedora with the military style
well if Priscilla was on GMA promoting it i along with many would be LIVID. it's not her place anymore, it's Lisas.

i agree with you on the picture thing

MJelboo;3592425 said:
Finally someone who speaks sense…
I know everyone will hate me for saying it but this is humble opinion (as a married woman). I agree with this statement 100% - she was his wife and they clearly loved each other. She made many mistakes... marriages are full of mistakes.
IMO we cannot judge her the way we have been doing. Michael loved her and she loved him, she probably thought that by carrying on her life without him he'd run to her and change his ways all for her, its obvious that she regretted the divorce. Can you imagine what the pain must have been seeing the person you love having someone else's children? Sometimes its human nature to say horrible things about people you love because you are hurt or angry. She seems as though she has matured now and she clearly has many regrets when it comes to Michael. I respect others marriages and will not judge on something so complicated on the subject of love.

What does "Michael had kids with Debbie" has to do with Lisa using Jackson to promote her projects ?

Well, there are more worse people than her... She's just a little hypocritical IMO

I know everyone will hate me for saying it but this is humble opinion (as a married woman). I agree with this statement 100% - she was his wife and they clearly loved each other. She made many mistakes... marriages are full of mistakes.
IMO we cannot judge her the way we have been doing. Michael loved her and she loved him, she probably thought that by carrying on her life without him he'd run to her and change his ways all for her, its obvious that she regretted the divorce. Can you imagine what the pain must have been seeing the person you love having someone else's children? Sometimes its human nature to say horrible things about people you love because you are hurt or angry. She seems as though she has matured now and she clearly has many regrets when it comes to Michael. I respect others marriages and will not judge on something so complicated on the subject of love.

I agreed with most of the things you said here. She had every right to be angry and hurt with MJ. However, don't you think MJ was also hurt a lot because of the divorce? They loved each other and the fall out hurt both of them. Then, let's look what they did after the divorce. MJ rarely said anything about LMP on TV and he never calls out her name. He actually admitted in Smuley's tape that he is not a easy person to be married to. He also said many good things about LMP in the tapes although he did mention LMP didn't want to have kids with him etc. However, He admitted that he plays roles about the falling out. Those tape weren't even meant to release to the public. Let's look what LMP did. She blames everything to MJ. MJ was a manipulating people. MJ was an addict and he didn't listen to her. She never go back and take a look to see what she did to make the marriage fall out. She still kept saying all these things and blame everything to MJ even after he died. Speaking illness and horrible things on national TV in someone's darkest day is not a people with dignity should do. Especially, that person is someone you claim you loved so much. What kind of angry and hurt can you have for you to condemn a person in that situation on national TV like this?

However, the most important point is what MJ had to do with Elvis exhibition? I thought her mom claims that MJ only married her because the Elvis connection. However, I start to wonder is this because LMP and her mom are the one who wanted to make the connection so they think MJ had the same mind? (she even brought up that MJ died near the house Elvis had in Oprah interview.....) If people are arguing that this is "her" memory to Elvis and J5 had some connection to Elvis long long time ago. Nicolas Cage is a big Elvis fan, why didn't LMP talk about him? MJ himself even said that he was not Elvis fan in moonwalk. Can someone tell me why to use her photo with MJ to promote her father? I really don't understand.

Last edited:
Really? Statements like this keep perpetuating the notion that MJ fans are crazy. And i don't disagree with it. The crap one reads everyday is astounding.Why should she apologize to you? or any fan for that matter? Did she slander you /us in some way? The only person she owes an apology to is Michael. And lastly, how do you know she hadn't already?I don't think it's jealousy... they just need something to bitch about like some possessive old wives. lolJermaine & Latoya deserve our wrath because even after their flesh & blood passed, they showed no respect and kept on pushing the same bullcrap they have been trying to sell for years.But LMP has shown some decorum and i don't understand why some are still after her bones like crazy hyenas.FYI: i too am taken aback with that Budapest picture, but according to USAToday, the exhibit is as much about her, as her father. Apparently, there is parallel drawn between her life in later years & her dad's. There are costumes she performed in, charity work she's done...yada yada yada.
So what is the big difference between her and Frank a guy who's case you are always on? Frank tweets something to Prince oh he is just trying to stay relevant. This woman spent years treating Michael like he was nothing more then dog crap and you don't know why fans don't like her? Whatever

LMP will always be asked about MJ. If she's going to respond, I much prefer what she's saying now than "Oh mother of god."

But LMP has shown some decorum and i
don't understand why some are still after her bones like crazy hyenas.

A lot of people have done an about face on MJ since his death. Even Martin Bashir was positive and fans aren't being likened to crazy hyenas because their memories are long.

Lisa doesn't have to apologize to fans and fans don't have to change their overall opinion of her . Mine personally has softened but I get why others haven't. It's all individual perspective to which all are entitled.

So what is the big difference between her and Frank a guy who's case you are always on? Frank tweets something to Prince oh he is just trying to stay relevant. This woman spent years treating Michael like he was nothing more then dog crap and you don't know why fans don't like her? Whatever

Dear, re-read my post.

Whatever.

It's not that deep...nor that important to me. I don't give a flying F about LMP. There are bigger things to yap about than a 1994 photograph at Graceland.

**Sigh**

you don't want me to get started on Frank Cascio. I know what I know and I believe what I believe... Let's leave it at that.

Lisa Marie is not relevant in my book and that leeching Cascio...well you already know what I think of him.

/TheEnd

MOD NOTE:Guys really cool it? Does everything have to become a big argument? There are definitely controversial people when it comes to MJ. People are going to react to these people with varying degrees. Why can't we allow people to have that? Why are people acting as if someone isn't "talking with sense" simply because their opinion is different then theirs.

MY OPINION: I think it is very hypocritical to include a pic of MJ in an Elvis exhibit and it is unnecessary. I think it is just a means to get a talking point to drum up interest in this endeavor by securing interviews who have hopes of seguing into her marriage with Michael. I think it is bad taste. She lashed out and she has to live with it. Do I think she needs to be quiet? Yes. Stop talking about how your father's and MJ's death are similar. I don't care for her and I really wish she would stick to her promise of not speaking about Michael.

As for Lisa owing MJ's fans an apology, I don't agree. What happened in her and Michael's relationship was between her and Michael. It's not like family members who are purposely using underhanded endeavors to lure fans into shady things. They owe an apology for that. I don't think Lisa uses fans in that way. I think she very much speaks from her perspective even if that is misguided and hateful. I kind of feel sorry for her. She made huge mistakes and she knows it. She can wallow in her own misery. Maybe someday she can find peace for what happened to Michael and ultimately for the issues I think she has about her father.

Oh would I hate, hate, hate to have to be held to mean and nasty words I spoke at a time and have them forever shoved in my face especially if in the present my feelings are far removed from it.

As gerryevans said, I can understand people having a long memory for what people have done. But I have more sympathy for those who were wrong and realized, albeit too late, that they were wrong; as opposed to those who still don't get it.

JMHO.

Back