Madonna Producer: “She Has Succeeded Where Michael Jackson Failed”

billyworld99

Proud Member
madonna-martin.jpeg

It seems Madonna‘s taste for controversy has rubbed off on those around her; namely producer Martin Sloveig.

For, the ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’ crafter made quite the gaffe when talking up the 53 year old in a recent interview.

Peep his words after the jump…

Speaking to French radio station Europe1 this week, Sloveig had the following to say when quizzed on Madonna’s legacy:

“She has left her landmark in music and fashion in every era. In the 80s, in the 90s. And she has succeeded – what I think Michael Jackson has failed to do – to still be relevant in the 2000s working with Mirwais and Stuart Price. I’m more a fan of those albums than the ones she released when she started. And THAT is impressive to me.”

And that’s not all. When inevitably questioned about the singer’s “beef” with Lady GaGa, the hitmaker added:

“No (GaGa did not take her crown). I think she’s a disciple. There’s a master and a disciple. It’s very simple. We all have a role model, don’t we?”

———————————-

Clearly, those Live Nation cheques have Sloveig feeling all sorts of dizzy, because he’s spouting hot doo doo on a platter. Especially when it comes to MJ.

For, in his brief 50 years, Michael achieved a level of legend (and had a cultural impact) which will almost certainly never be seen again. Ever.

Though MJ and Madonna are routinely hailed as the King and Queen of Pop, it’s worth noting that Michael achieved such status without flashing his privates, leeching on younger stars, or courting controversy. And while troubles may have consumed the final years of his career, he boasts a catalogue of hits which aren’t confined to the era they were created. They remain relevant till this very day. Can the same be said for the material which has mobilised Madonna’s longevity (particularly her latter efforts)?

And that’s not to take away from ‘M’, as her run (how ever cunning) has been wholly impressive. However, Sloveig highlights what not to do when working with an artist of Maggie’s caliber: become blinded. It’ll only lead to soundbites such as those above, which make him sound wacker than the material he’s been cooking up with Madge as of late.

Your thoughts?

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/02/madonna-producer-succeeded-michael-jackson-failed/

Nice to see the comments below are ripping this.

This guy should be concerned about the big stinking turd he's contributed to Madonna's catalouge and stop worrying about MJ. A 53 year old woman singing about she's not that type of girl is embarassing. Madonna should have stuck with Mirwais.

Oh Please........

Last edited:
haha, this is funny, could be the best joke of the year so far.

Michael is not relevant today? Whatever is all I have to say to that.

Why is it so hard to compliment someone without insulting somebody else? Madonna's had a great career and all, but saying that Michael wasn't relevant in the 2000s is just unnecessary. He had his own problems, and I really can't blame him if making new albums wasn't his number one priority. And he had already had such a long career (longer than Madonna's) at that point, maybe he just wanted to do something else in his life than work on his music like he had for over 30 years.

Also, this guy is delusional if he thinks Michael wasn't relevant. His fans were always there. And no matter what the media or haters might say about him, they always paid attention to him. He was always relevant.

Where did "Give me all ur luvin" chart-I'm afraid that did not make any significant impact on the chart and it didn't change the world or get people talking. This person seems to be using the magic word "Michael Jackson" in order to get attention.

Question: What's the surefire way of getting your name in the press?

Aaaawwwwww...the magic words: MICHAEL JACKSON.

I've never EVER head of this guy .....I'm only reading this because he somehow found a way to tie MJ's name to whatever he's promoting. Enough said.

Madonna:like an icon ( Lucy O’Brien)

Quote:
It was during this trip that Sounds writer Sandy Robertson did one of the first British interviews with the nascent star.

‘I thought “Everybody” was a good pop record. She’d evolved a commercial dance thing that was not considered unhip,’ he recalls.

‘She was staying with her dancers in a poky, tiny little place in Primrose Hill, north London. She came to the door in a gold dressing gown. I thought she was very short and sort of dumpy, with short, short hair. She seemed glad to have press.

She was bustling around, making me tea with honey. She wasn’t as confident as you’d expect — she was quite reserved, but friendly.

She said she wanted to be a female Michael Jackson.

Madonna, The 100 Greatest Entertainers 1950-2000, Entertainment Weekly

Quote:
“The thing that struck me right away about her was that she said she had no heroes,” says Reggie Lucas, the producer-guitarist who wrote “Borderline” and produced her 1983 debut Madonna.

“When I pressed her for influences, she said ‘Michael Jackson,”

Madonna, Smash Hits

Quote:
NEIL: Was there anyone you aspired to be like?

MADONNA: Well, when I was younger I really liked girl singers like Lulu and those kind of innocent, angelic voices, Marianne Faithfull and that kind of stuff, plus Diana Ross and all the girl groups of the ’60s like the Motown girl groups. Then when I got older my idols shifted ‘cos there weren’t really any female singers I could aspire to be like. From then on I went through an “I want to be like Michael Jackson” phase. I can do everything he can do only I’m a girl! I still idolise him above any performer. He transcends almost every level, appeals to everyone.

NEIL: Is that what you want to do?

MADONNA: Yeah.

Quote:
I wanted to be Michael Jackson. He electrified me and I wanted to be that way too

her choice for manager was because of MJ

Quote:
“I thought, who’s the most successful person in the music industry and who’s his manager? I want him.” The answer was Michael Jackson and, at the time, he was managed by Freddie De Mann. She got him.

Oprah Interviews Madonna - Oprah.com

January 2004

Quote:
Oprah: You honestly didn't think kissing another woman on national TV would stir up controversy?

Madonna: When Britney went to kiss me, she just went for it. I tried to go with it so it wouldn't be weird. I'm a showgirl. After 20 years in show business, I've learned to roll with the punches. Also, you remember when Michael Jackson kissed Lisa Marie Presley on the MTV awards? Our kiss was a play on that, too. We were playing with lots of postmodern iconography. Does that sound good?

Madonna performs Billie Jean on tour
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NrGI-7HI3as" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

*falls over laughing and clutching sides* Is this guy for real? That is complete and utter bull crap!!!!!!!

Says it all when they have to use mjs name to get attention for the article.

MJ has never been irrelevant in his life!

Madonna always wanted to be like MJ so what a joke. I never heard of this producer before and Madonna new song don't suit her to well imo. It's a song that should have been for like a Kerry Perry. Yet, we get Madonna with her holding up bom boms like a school girl at the superbowl at the age of 50+ singing her new song! o_O lol I like Madonna but, what she may and her producer think is trying to stay revelant looks more like a desperate attempt in trying to keep up with the young artist out today. SMH

billyworld99;3603699 said:
Madonna:like an icon ( Lucy O&#8217;Brien)

Quote:
It was during this trip that Sounds writer Sandy Robertson did one of the first British interviews with the nascent star.

&#8216;I thought &#8220;Everybody&#8221; was a good pop record. She&#8217;d evolved a commercial dance thing that was not considered unhip,&#8217; he recalls.

&#8216;She was staying with her dancers in a poky, tiny little place in Primrose Hill, north London. She came to the door in a gold dressing gown. I thought she was very short and sort of dumpy, with short, short hair. She seemed glad to have press.

She was bustling around, making me tea with honey. She wasn&#8217;t as confident as you&#8217;d expect &#8212; she was quite reserved, but friendly.

She said she wanted to be a female Michael Jackson.

Madonna, The 100 Greatest Entertainers 1950-2000, Entertainment Weekly

Quote:
&#8220;The thing that struck me right away about her was that she said she had no heroes,&#8221; says Reggie Lucas, the producer-guitarist who wrote &#8220;Borderline&#8221; and produced her 1983 debut Madonna.

&#8220;When I pressed her for influences, she said &#8216;Michael Jackson,&#8221;

Madonna, Smash Hits

Quote:
NEIL: Was there anyone you aspired to be like?

MADONNA: Well, when I was younger I really liked girl singers like Lulu and those kind of innocent, angelic voices, Marianne Faithfull and that kind of stuff, plus Diana Ross and all the girl groups of the &#8217;60s like the Motown girl groups. Then when I got older my idols shifted &#8216;cos there weren&#8217;t really any female singers I could aspire to be like. From then on I went through an &#8220;I want to be like Michael Jackson&#8221; phase. I can do everything he can do only I&#8217;m a girl! I still idolise him above any performer. He transcends almost every level, appeals to everyone.

NEIL: Is that what you want to do?

MADONNA: Yeah.

Quote:
I wanted to be Michael Jackson. He electrified me and I wanted to be that way too

her choice for manager was because of MJ

Quote:
&#8220;I thought, who&#8217;s the most successful person in the music industry and who&#8217;s his manager? I want him.&#8221; The answer was Michael Jackson and, at the time, he was managed by Freddie De Mann. She got him.

Oprah Interviews Madonna - Oprah.com

January 2004

Quote:
Oprah: You honestly didn't think kissing another woman on national TV would stir up controversy?

Madonna: When Britney went to kiss me, she just went for it. I tried to go with it so it wouldn't be weird. I'm a showgirl. After 20 years in show business, I've learned to roll with the punches. Also, you remember when Michael Jackson kissed Lisa Marie Presley on the MTV awards? Our kiss was a play on that, too. We were playing with lots of postmodern iconography. Does that sound good?

Madonna performs Billie Jean on tour
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NrGI-7HI3as" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Thankyou for all the soundbites&#8230; now if only one could email this to this so called "producer"&#8230; the name MICHAEL JACKSON brings in a lot of attention&#8230; agreed with Memefan

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Is he kidding ? I don't bother reply to this foolshiness .. I don't

MJ has always been more relevant than Madge, even with his trials and tribulations, if he put something out while he was alive, it sold, simple as that, even without all the promotion and tour ie Invincible. I like Madge but these days she just tries too hard to be in with the kids I think. As far as I'm aware her new lead single hasn't had an impact at all here in the UK and that's very strange seeing as its a big market for her, then again it sounds like something I would expect from Miley Cyrus not Madonna!

she cannot be Michael Jackson.... not this voice and dancing talent

They know that if they throw MJ into an interview it gets a lot more attention - and thats all they want really!

People always mention MJ if they want some extra attention.

Never heard of this guy. Having MJ so powerfully imprinted on his being says it all.

Never heard of him too. The only thing Madonna has succeeded in where Michael has failed is that she was fortunate to see her 51st birthday. I like Madonna's music but let's be serious here, does she have a legacy like Michael that would carry on so powerfully after her death? NOOOOOOOO. She is already fighting with the next generation Gaga, who like her uses sex and controversy to bring their music to the masses. Once they cannot show that, what would they use as an impact--it is better to let the music first speak for itself, like Michael did.

Was this guy just born the other day. If he did, he needs to pay attention to what is going on.

And this guy thinks madonna didnt do anything inappropriate in her career..bwhahaha he has to be kidding! :toofunny:

Last edited:
Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one.

Had no idea that deciding to step away from the public to heal from a trial means that you are no longer relevant... what a douche!!

Michael HAD stuff going on in 2000..

Invincible, 2001
Number Ones, 2003
30 Anniversary Madison Square Garden
What More Can I Give
One more Chance video
American Bandstand, 2002
Artist of the Century Award in 2002 (Billboard awards, bambi awards etc)
Thriller 25
VMA in Japan
WMA London 2006
TII

There are more events and projects that can added to this list im sure :)

I like Madonna alot. But that guy had no need to insult Michael's memory like that just to build her up. She's done very well as far as I am concerned and is a mega-star in her own right. After the speech she gave for Michael after his death, she showed more class regarding Michael than this person. This is just my opinion.

Last edited:
I like Madonna but truthfully in 20 years she will be totally forgotten whereas MJ&#8217;s talent, ground breaking dance moves, videos and choreography will live forever. This @zzhole really hury Madonna&#8217;s popularity with his statements. IMO.

Back