Making of a Murderer

Gatesy2006

Proud Member
Apologies if this isn't in the right forum, so if it isn't can someone move it!

Has anyone watched or is watching the netflix 10-part documenatry Making a Murderer on Steven Avery?

I'm 6 episodes through it, watching it with my girlfriend and I turned to her and said ''this case reminds me so much of the cases against MJ.''

So many similarities in both cases, I don't want to ruin it for anyone but it is a MUST watch, and you will see what I am talking about.

So has anyone seen it?

This should stay here and not in the movies+tv section.

Also, I'll get around to seeing it at some point. Need to be in the mood.

What does it have to do with Michael? Is it about him? There are stories all over yahoo news about this show and I haven't seen him mentioned.

No he's not mentioned in it, but knowing all about MJ's cases and then watching this show I could see a lot of similarities. Overzealous police with a vendetta, turning property upside down, going to extreme measures to make any little thing stick etc.

No he's not mentioned in it, but knowing all about MJ's cases and then watching this show I could see a lot of similarities. Overzealous police with a vendetta, turning property upside down, going to extreme measures to make any little thing stick etc.
Ah-I see. Unfortunately, Michael's not the only person falsely accused by an overzealous police force and vindictive DA. Definitely the most FAMOUS.

Countless books and movies have been made about these people-"Presumed Innocent" and "The Fugitive" come immediately to mind-we have a DA here in Texas that's being prosecuted for malicious prosecution-which is pretty rare, indeed-

But I disagree-this particular forum is supposed to be about Michael's artistry-music, song, and dance.

I have seen this doc mentioned elsewhere as well. I am just watching it on Netflix. Watched three parts so far. Of course it's a whole different case, different type of crime that he was accused, with different details, but I can see the similarities.

A vindictive, corrupt police and DA's office that let emotions and personal antipathy against a guy get in the way of fairness and professionalism. And not only once, but over again. When he got out of prison after 18 years and someone told him he better leave that county because the authorities won't leave him alone, it reminded me of what Mez told MJ after the 2005 trial.

And the interrogation of the 16-year-old nephew reminded me of Jason Francia's interrogation. They litterally fed him with what they wanted to hear and leading him to answers that they wanted to hear. They took advantage of the fact that the guy was admittedly not bright (I think they took advantage of the same fact in Francia's case) and they interrogated him without a parent or lawyer present, just like they did with Francia.

I have seen this doc mentioned elsewhere as well. I am just watching it on Netflix. Watched three parts so far. Of course it's a whole different case, different type of crime that he was accused, with different details, but I can see the similarities.

A vindictive, corrupt police and DA's office that let emotions and personal antipathy against a guy get in the way of fairness and professionalism. And not only once, but over again. When he got out of prison after 18 years and someone told him he better leave that county because the authorities won't leave him alone, it reminded me of what Mez told MJ after the 2005 trial.

And the interrogation of the 16-year-old nephew reminded me of Jason Francia's interrogation. They litterally fed him with what they wanted to hear and leading him to answers that they wanted to hear. They took advantage of the fact that the guy was admittedly not bright (I think they took advantage of the same fact in Francia's case) and they interrogated him without a parent or lawyer present, just like they did with Francia.

There are definitely similarities in both cases, Kratz (or Lenk) could just be Sneddon, blinded by a vendetta. Felt so sorry for the poor nephew, he hadn't a clue how he was being manipulated by them detectives. Coincidence aint it that the country that shouldn't have been involved in the investigation stuck around and FOUND the evidence that ultimately found him guilty. I'm surprised Sneddon's goons didn't plant something in MJ's house given that there was about 6 million cops and they so badly wanted to nail him.

Back