Mesereau had witnesses Ready to Testify Against Chandler

So the "negligent infliction of emotional distress" was considered a bodily injury and what MJ settled on? Geez.

This is a great question:

Furthermore, if the negligence allegation was directly related to the child molestation allegations, why did Evan Chandler also claim to be the victim of negligence?

And this was obvious from the get-go:

The above paragraph makes it clear that the Chandlers were not prohibited from testifying against Jackson in a criminal trial, as long as they notified Jackson’s attorneys beforehand. Contrary to popular belief, the settlement did NOT silence anybody. It was the family’s own decision not to testify in the criminal case; they could have gotten money and justice but they only opted to take the money.

it's negligence and that's how the law works. sorry but it's been 16 yrs. any claim to that money is long gone and he settled on NEGLIGENCE. not abuse so even if he comes forward and says nothing happened sexually....that's not what the settlement was about or connected to...on paper.

get it?
WTH? I "got it" long before you caught on that I did! Do you really think negligence vs. sexual allegations is THAT hard for people to understand? :doh: Doesn't matter. Those ill gotten gains were received by FRAUD.

GET IT?

http://lawlibrary.rutgers.edu/decisions/appellate/a0422-05.opn.html

Isn't THIS interesting or what??

Original Wordprocessor Version
This case can also be found at *CITE_PENDING*.
(NOTE: The status of this decision is unpublished.)

NOT FOR PUBLICATION WITHOUT THE

APPROVAL OF THE APPELLATE DIVISION

SUPERIOR COURT OF NEW JERSEY

APPELLATE DIVISION

DOCKET NO. A-0422-05T10422-05T1

JORDAN CHANDLER,

Plaintiff-Appellant,

v.

EVAN CHANDLER,

Defendant-Respondent.

Submitted May 23, 2006 - Decided June 8, 2006

Before Judges Coburn and Lisa.

On appeal from the Superior Court of New Jersey,

Chancery Division, Family Part, Hudson County,

FV-09-524-06B

Ceconi & Cheifetz, attorneys for appellant

(Brian M. Schwartz, on the brief).

Koles, Burke & Bustillo, attorneys for respondent

(Raoul Bustillo, on the brief).

PER CURIAM

On August 5, 2005, plaintiff obtained a temporary restraining order against defendant under the Prevention of Domestic Violence Act, N.J.S.A. 2C:25-17 to -35. The restraints were continued by an order dated August 19, 2005. After plaintiff rested his case, defendant moved for dismissal pursuant to Rule 4:37-2(b). The judge granted the motion, and plaintiff appealed. The final order provided for continuance of the temporary restraints pending the outcome of the appeal. We reverse and remand for further proceedings consistent with this opinion.

The judge found that plaintiff had proved that he and his father, the defendant, were members of the same household when defendant struck him on the head from behind with a twelve and one-half pound weight and then sprayed his eyes with mace or pepper spray and tried to choke him. The judge also found that the weight could cause serious bodily injury or death. Thus, the judge was satisfied that plaintiff had provided evidence, which if believed, would support a finding of aggravated assault. Despite that finding, the judge refused to issue a final restraining order, reasoning as follows:

I'm persuaded, at this point, that the allegation . . ., while serious in and of itself, is not a pattern of abusive and controlling behavior.

For that reason, I would dismiss the complaint. The restraining order [will] be vacated.

After further argument, the judge acknowledged that plaintiff did not have to prove a pattern of abusive behavior but said that he would not grant the final restraining order because "this incident [did] not persuade [him] that [plaintiff] [was] entitled to a restraining order as an act of domestic violence."

When considering a motion to dismiss under Rule 4:37-2(b), a trial court performs a function that the Supreme Court has described as "quite . . . mechanical." Dolson v. Anastasia, 55 N.J. 2, 5 (1969). In carrying out that mechanical function, the "trial court is not concerned with the worth, nature or extent (beyond a scintilla) of the evidence, but only with its existence, viewed most favorably to the party opposing the motion." Id. at 5-6. Because the judge ultimately did not specify what plaintiff failed to prove, reviewing his decision is difficult. Perhaps he thought, as defendant suggests, that plaintiff failed to prove that there was an "immediate danger to . . . [plaintiff's] person." Corrente v. Corrente, 281 N.J. Super. 243, 248 (App. Div. 1995). We will assume for the purposes of this opinion that plaintiff was obliged to prove immediate danger. Given the nature of the attack, it would appear that a trier of fact could infer immediate danger from the evidence submitted. We will not comment now on whether the judge should ultimately so decide, but we are satisfied that given the stage of the proceedings when he ruled, namely at the end of plaintiff's case, the motion to dismiss should have been denied.

Reversed and remanded for trial.

0x08 graphic

(continued)

(continued)

A-0422-05T1

RECORD IMPOUNDED

June 8, 2006

0x01 graphic

This archive is a service of Rutgers School of Law - Camden.

Who brought up the story about Sodium Amytal in the first place? I only recall reading about it and seeing it in a youtube video.
It's mentioned in the Mary A Fischer article "Was MJ framed" where she's interviewed the anesthesiologist who claimes he DID use it on Jordan but that it was "for dental purposes only"

Now, I've got a question! I hope someone can give me some insight into it because it's mind boggling to me.

Mj's insurance company settled "under the protest of MJ and his legal team" according to this document (page 3 sec c) http://www.sbscpublicaccess.org/docs/ctdocs/032205mjmemospprtobj.pdf

but the agreement on the smoking gun is signed by Michael, doesn't mention his insurance company and is obviously willingly signed by him. Plus he himself has stated it was a hands down unanimous decision to settle which indicates again he was never under protest to do so.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0616041jacko1.html

What the?

WTH? I "got it" long before you caught on that I did! Do you really think negligence vs. sexual allegations is THAT hard for people to understand? :doh: Doesn't matter. Those ill gotten gains were received by FRAUD.

GET IT?
my 'get it' was for post 46 in which u claim they would have to pay back the money. they wouldn't. it's been too long and there's no way they can say 'oh he didn't molest me , here's themoney' and be successful cuz he didn't sue saying he was molested. initially he did. when mj and co refused to even deal w/ them and wanted to fight, feldman w/drew the initial civil suit and brought a new one w/ just simple negligence.

what's defined is the ORIGINAL civil allegations. the one diane dimone leaked after mj's arrest.

Back